Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan Fiction > Skylanders: The Golem's Deprivation
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders: The Golem's Deprivation [CLOSED]
Fan Of Skylands Yellow Sparx Gems: 1417
#1 Posted: 18:50:16 01/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Ohkaaay..... So this is gonna be a story about a certain Skylander who just so happens to get trapped underground for 100 years or so...I'll start when someone replies...If some replies...
---
I'll be on every now and then.
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#2 Posted: 19:33:56 01/11/2013
random, but I love random
#3 Posted: 20:03:48 01/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Here goes. Prism Break is a Giant Rock Golem here, and it will be a while before he becomes deprived of roaming the underground.

Chapter 1

A large, rocky finger poked among the leaves. The solitary tree stood erect in the small cave, sunlight seeping through a crack in the cavern roof. Fingers latched around the trunk, and with a grunt of effort, the rock golem pulled himself from the chasm guarding the tall wooden oxygen producer. His eyes locked onto the twig, and with a small grunt, he pulled the stick, roots and all, from the soil prison. His rows of teeth munched on the snack, and he blinked in the sunlight, a sight he hadn't seen for around one hundred or so years. Then words escaped from the creature's gaping jaw, a booming, low, husky bellow.
"Stupid Sunlight. Send more food, a stick aint much to eat."

The giant golem rolled his heavy body back into the shadows, his fists his main transport, as he shifted along like a gorilla. He neared his own cave, where he defended his hoard of beautiful things-gems, gold, scepters, sparkly stones, jewels, riches beyond any dragon's dreams! But no dragon would brave the quest underground, not when this golem was about. In the past, many mining expeditions had been sent to capture his treasure, but none had left, for he had devoured them whole! Just thinking about this, the rock smiled, a large, toothy grin. He approached the treasure cave, and he threw around his favourite crystals and play things which he had grown used to. His heavy feet lifted him to his sleeping cave, but there he found yet another surprise. Miners! And he was hungry, as there weren't many adventurers left in this world that would quest for his caverns. He looked a them from a distance, and let out a ghastly wail, a scream so terrifying that it made the miners skedaddle as fast as their little paws could carry them. Mabu were his favourite snack, and a whole load of them would satisfy his hunger.
"Fists of fury!" The monster growled, and he swiped at the rocks around him. He grabbed a handful of stones and rolled them towards the exits. A few running mabu were squished by his powerful feet and he munched on them, them he poked around the tunnels they had used to enter the lair. And so, the rock golem smashed up the tubes and waited for the other mabu to come out of hiding.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope you enjoyed Prism Break's first chapter. I imagined the old him as a Giant, but he's about a foot or so smaller than, say, Crusher or Tree Rex. Stay tuned for Chapter 2 soon! Feedback is wanted!
---
#4 Posted: 09:13:35 02/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Umm....OK, so no one else has posted, but I'll continue with Chapter 2.

Chapter 2

Echoes tore through the devilish tunnels around the golem. A small mine-cart, appearing empty, rolled down the broken rails. The golem, Rocky, heard the creaking of the lone cart. 'Food! More mabu miners! They are stupid, though, if they think they can get through me!' The giant thought, and with a grin and a laugh, he placed his weighty toes onto the track, and the metal path crumbled away. Rocky turned to the tunnel, daylight reaching down, down into his shadowy cave. But this wasn't daylight, no. It was the light from a lantern. The rock creature slammed his huge fist down, crushing yet more of the railway. The small carrier veered close to Rocky's hand. He placed his palm before the cart, and, with a crash, it rolled around, it turned over, and a small moan came from under the tin. Rocky twitched at the squeal. It sounded young, small, fresh. Hardly a meal, at all. But he'd gobble it anyway. He lifted the mine-cart with two large fingers and there, lying on the track, was a small mabu halfling!

"So...er...rock man...where do you eat food? I'm starving! Pwease feed me!" The little mabu smiled ever so cute at Rocky, who was carrying the halfling around, showing him his underground lair.
"I normally eat food as soon as I get it." Rocky muttered. He walked hastily towards the darker caves, but the child's eye's grew wide as he saw the shadowing cloak.
"Darkness!? If that's where you live, then I don't want to go there, I don't want to be evil!" The little one squeaked, rolled over, and hugged as tight as he could to Rocky's finger. Rocky raised his hand speedily, but then he stopped. This mabu child was playing in a field with his friends, Hide 'N' Seek, right? And so, if he made it sound like the child got stuck in the tunnels, he could surely lead all of the kids and probably their parents into the tunnels? 'Just think of the food, Rocky, you should do this.' He thought to himself. A kinder side of him had taken over thus far, but now his stomach moaned to be fed, and so did the mabu. Rocky, still carrying the kid, ran back to where he found the halfling, and said:
"If you scream 'Help! Help! I've hurt my leg! Get everyone! Please!' then I can get you some food." Rocky instructed. But the halfling wasn't stupid.
"Mr. Rocky, I know the stories. You're the golem that feasts on mining groups, and you are trying to lead my family down here! I have no family!" The mabu revealed. "I didn't know it was you, at first, but now I remember, even if I do have a bit of amnesia from when you crushed my cart!" And the mabu dropped from Rocky's hand, scurried back up the tunnel, and started to run. Rocky wouldn't let this meal scatter, he had waited another ten years for food, since that last expedition and the tall tree. His arm sped up the pipe, crushing stalagmites and clutching onto the young one. He removed his arm from the tube, still holding the mabu. Raising his hand over his razor teeth, he dropped the creature into the gaping mouth-cave.
"Ooooh, that's better already. But it would've tasted better with the whole Mabu-Tribe." Rocky told himself, and he grabbed some boulders and threw them around. He was lonely here, but that was how he liked it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He's been given a name! Wahoo! Please can we get more readers on this, so that the Chapters will come quicker and so I can get feedback? I hope you like it! I do!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:21:27 02/11/2013 by Fan Of Skylands
#5 Posted: 09:17:50 02/11/2013
Rocky sounds cute
#6 Posted: 09:19:16 02/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Well, imagine Prism Break 10 times bigger, with hands instead of crystals, and his legs are a bit bigger. His head is the same size, though.

OOOOOH you meant the name, right?
---
#7 Posted: 09:21:23 02/11/2013
yeah, duh
#8 Posted: 09:22:20 02/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Do you like the story so far?
---
#9 Posted: 09:27:40 02/11/2013
I am not a big fan of prism break (good name for a swap) but its good
StalkerSnake Yellow Sparx Gems: 1926
#10 Posted: 09:36:37 02/11/2013
I like it a lot
---
Чем больше вы знаете, тем больше вы знаете
#11 Posted: 09:42:47 02/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks you two smilie You've inspired me to write more, but I'll do it later/tomorrow.
---
#12 Posted: 20:09:47 02/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Here comes Chapter 3 in a whirring cart of mineful-ness!

Chapter 3

For three long years, Rocky slept in his favourite cavern. That was, until, his huge eyes flicked open at the whistle of a bird, the bleat of a sheep and the roar of a creature. The golem lifted himself from the sands and grains around. He hunched over a crystal and peered at the newcomers. There, thinking they were along, was a huge bird, a sheep with horns, so Rocky guessed it was a ram, and lastly there was a big brown animal. All three were caged. Caged? How could they be? Rocky didn't care. At least it was food. He swiped his arm around the cages and pulled them towards him. He unhooked the lock of the birdcage and dislocated the neck of the giant flying chicken. He swallowed it whole. Then the ram followed. He couldn't eat the last beast. It was too big for his gob. So he slammed the cage and crushed it with rocks. Then he looked for the source.

After days of searching for the anonymous source, Rocky gave up. The pile of walking rock rolled back into his favourite cave. There, he found a whole load of mabu villagers.
"What is it with you foolish creatures, always coming down here, and why are you in the cave with NO GOLD AT ALL!? Surely you'd be in the cavern of lush diams!" The golem let out a bellow of anger and insanity, and for reasons even he cannot explain, he ran into his gold cavern and grabbed armfuls of gold, diamonds, and riches altogether. Then he dropped them among the villagers, and they screamed with glee.
'Wait a mo, Rock-Features. Why'd ya just give 'em yer treasure, Clay-Face? Hmmmm?' He wandered to himself. 'Hey, you're right, for once, why did I just do that? I'm a dippy when it comes to helpin' meself.' And then he saw a golem's sense, and leapt onto the pile, squishing it and the mabu around it. The flattened miners were then picked off the golden bricks and stuffed into the Tunnel-Of-No-Return-Except-For-The-Other-End, otherwise known as Rocky's mouth, only to come out of rock-bottom, yep, you guessed, Rocky's bottom.

The rock-man, having returned his gold to his treasure trove, headed back to his sleep-cave. Pushing a rock over the entrance, he jumped into the sand which he called bed. All that could be seen was a large rock head with razor sharp teeth and glaring eyes. Slowly, the full-stomached rock-beast closed his eyes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, what'cha think, guys? Third chapter in, and we're nearing the hundred-years nap. Or are we?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:03:12 03/11/2013 by Fan Of Skylands
StalkerSnake Yellow Sparx Gems: 1926
#13 Posted: 08:34:54 03/11/2013
Nice!
---
Чем больше вы знаете, тем больше вы знаете
#14 Posted: 10:03:46 03/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks for the positive feedback, guys!
---
#15 Posted: 19:05:55 12/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Chapter 4

Rocky slammed his foot on the stalagmite. He grabbed for it, then used it as a toothpick. He'd just had a lovely fleshy meal, and now was the time when he would walk around his caves, then admire his treasure. He turned to walk into his most sacred cave, but something caught his eye. A shiny, red, beaming crystal.
"Wow..." Rocky shone, but as he leapt for the diamond, his hands touched rock. How? He removed his hands, but the diamond was still lying there, staring at him wickedly. He stroked across the wall surface, brushing the crystal. It seemed more solid, glassy. He had a sudden urge...pointing a finger at the treasure, he pulled his arm back, then pushed forwards. WHAM! The glass chamber smashed, along with some of the rock around it. Now he could take his prize. Much larger than he thought, he held the special crystal in his ugly fist. The walls around him fell in.

Blinking his eyes wide, Rocky peeled himself out of the rock debris. But he no longer had the diamond in is hand. He didn't have his hand, either. His left arm was a stub, and the other remained an ugly rock. Angered, Rocky smashed through the sand, searching for his treasure that he had admired. Standing up, his legs larger, his mouth wide, he exhaled. His breath steamed around him, and he needed to cool down. He seemed lighter, he had lost an arm and gained bigger legs. Rocky shrugged. But how could he? That was when he noticed he no longer had his hunch on his back, in fact, he had no back segment. He was basically a walking head, belly, arm and legs. Argh, how mad he was! First he had lost his prize, then his arm, now his back! He needed to relax. He grabbed a tree growing in a cave and snacked, then he headed to his nap cave.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nearly, nearly there! Feedback wanted, please guys!
---
#16 Posted: 19:09:04 12/11/2013
good good good!
#17 Posted: 19:11:06 12/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Six more chapters until the end of this story, if you think ten is enough. I've got it all planned out.
---
#18 Posted: 19:13:03 12/11/2013
ten's enough...
#19 Posted: 19:35:16 28/11/2013 | Topic Creator
More tomorrow, if not, then Saturday.
---
#20 Posted: 17:15:09 29/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Chapter 5

Rocky awoke to his armless state. He had totally forgotten the fates of the previous century. He stood up, then remembered what happened. A minecart with several tonnes of gold and silver lay at the bottom of the cave. He searched through the cart to find small, crushed rubies. If he could ever piece them together, he would find that it was a treasure he had lost so long ago. Rocky threw the cart into his pile of treasures. He decided to go for a stroll.

Rocky shimmied through a cave, and smashed through a wall. He'd created a whole new tunnel! Wow! And what a tunnel it was! It had revealed a cave full of dragon bones. The bones were of a magnificent dragon, and it held an axe. Little did he know that this was the legendary Axe-Reaver, a treasure so great. He picked up the skull and lay it on his head. He leapt around, pretending he was a dragon. The gurgles within his throat seemed so lonely. Realizing his mistake to be having fun, he placed the dragon head back where it had been. He didn't even notice the wondrous crystal where the dragon's heart should have been. He left the cave respectfully, and only a few centuries later, an orc warrior so powerful would take the dragon skull and Axe-Reaver for himself.

Awake for two centuries left Rocky tired. He went to his sleeping cave. He had started to miss the Molekin and Mabu mining expeditions that had disturbed his sleep and fueled his hunger. There he sat, against a cold wall, and thought about his gloomy life. He had never made any friends, he hadn't tried to. He only cared for his treasures. He only ate his visitors. He didn't welcome them. He spent his life underground because he knew no one would like him, so he lived in solitary confinement.

The golem dug through the cave, even with one arm he was strong. He moved through the rubble and found the rest of his arm, buried beneath the rocks. It had all but crumbled, and looked even uglier than before. With a moan of dismay, he grabbed the lifeless thing, and tried to fuse it back onto his stub. Success! But then, the hand fell away. Oh well. Worth a shot. He then piled up some rocks and chucked them into his holey hole behind his neck. He had a crumbly back and one hand. Great(!) Rocky gave up. He headed to his sleeping cave and let out a groan as he fell asleep.
---
#21 Posted: 18:59:20 13/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Sorry, been inactive recently, chapter tomorrow! Hope you're still reading!
---
#22 Posted: 10:53:39 15/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Chapter 6

Clink, clink, clink. SMASH! Rocky's eyes flew open, and he let out a roar of pain. A pick-axe hit him...somewhere I won't mention, because it will embarrass him. He was staring into the eyes of a molekin, and he saw the axe sticking out of the painful spot. He went to grab for the molekin, only to notice that he couldn't move. The molekin seemed scared, and he started to run, only for Rocky to scream for the expedition to stop. All the molekin and mabu did as they were told, too surprised to move. It appeared that one hundred years had passed, and Rocky felt different. He wanted them to be his friends. He pulled through the rock and sand, revealing his arms to be crystal prisms from his elbows. He opened his mouth to speak, then he noticed his legs. Short, stubby legs. He held a crystal arm up to act as a mirror to view his back. It was whole, with crystals shining, acting as an armour. He grinned.
---
#23 Posted: 08:14:38 30/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Chapter 7

"This way, Mr. Rocky!" The mabu quivered. It hadn't grown used to him yet. Rocky had accidentally shot a few rocks that mabu were standing on, which scared a few of them. He had discovered this new power when he raised his arms together to celebrate having crystals as hands. A hyper beam of blue-green light zapped out of his gizmos. Light drew nearer. He breathed in the smell of coal and smoke. A train rushed passed. Rocky fell back, dazed. On the train was an elderly man with a wooden staff and a bushy beard. He was wearing blue-and-silver robes and a horned helmet.

"Greetings, Rocky. Welcome to my citadel. I am Portal Master Eon, Guardian and Protector of the Core of Light. Please, join my elite team of heroes known as the Skylanders. I know of your powers, and there are evil gangs out there right now searching for you, to steal your powers. Use them for good. Redeem yourself from the evil in your past." The man told him.
"Uhhh..." Rocky was puzzled. "All that for me? Woah. I'd be delighted to join yer team, mate." Rocky told him.
"Great! Now, is there a change of name you wish for?" Eon asked.
"Uh...why not? How about...Prism Break? These babies can break through rock and crystal, maybe even mabu."
"So you are, Prism Break. You are a Skylander. Welcome to the team."
---
#24 Posted: 08:49:12 25/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Chapter 8

Introduction to his new team made Prism Break wonder why he hadn't made friends before. It was so...easy to be nice. His new friends were Trigger Happy, Gill Grunt, Terrafin, Slam Bam, Countdown, Chill, Hex and Ghost Roaster. Eon had promised him some more friends in the future, for he was ever recruiting. And now Prism Break had joined the battle of protecting the Core of Light, keeping the Darkness away, and destroying Kaos. Kaos was a short, stubby, bald, short, bald, evil, stubby, evil Portal Master with an annoying laugh that couldn't scare a chicken. Within two months of protecting the Core, Prism Break had battled several groups of Kaos' minions. Oh, how Prism Break loved fighting this winning battle! He could zap, zap, wham, zap, POW! Right through an enemy! He'd even discovered that he could drop huge crystals onto enemies, imprisoning them! This was so fun! He loved this new life! It was way better than rummaging around a dragons' treasure. Eating expeditions and stuff was wrong, and he now knew it. So this was the end of his boring old life. This was a New Beginning for Rocky. A New Beginning.

-------------------------------------------------------------
so that's the end. Hope you enjoyed.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me