Page 1 of 1
Help With "Maxed" Skylanders ? [CLOSED]
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#1 Posted: 20:49:10 26/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Let me start by saying that in Giants there were 4 things (IIRC) that needed to be done for me to consider my Skylanders "Maxed"

• Level 15
  • All upgrades, including both paths when possible
  • all 9 Quests
  • all 50 Heroics, but on Newlanders the cap was 45

(I never bothered with Max Gold)

Now in Swap Force, I believe there really isn't anything new
am I missing anything?

• Level 20
  • All upgrades, including both paths when possible
  • 9 MORE Quests (right? I'm a bit fuzzy on how quests work now)
  • take the Skylanders that can jump back to SSA/SG and max there Heroics (there are no way to do them in SF right?)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:51:26 26/10/2013 by Hazard335
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#2 Posted: 21:13:04 26/10/2013
When I looked in my Swap Force guide, many of the Quests look the same. I wouldn't doubt it if you DON'T need to re-do these if they were done previously. I'd like confirmation.

Based on what you've stated, it looks correct. The rest of the "stats" are stored on game file. The only exception might be to use the most "powerful" set of legendary treasures and hats to "maximize" your skylander stats. Not sure what they are frankly.

As you can see....a lot LESS to do now.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:14:23 26/10/2013 by GhostRoaster
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#3 Posted: 21:15:33 26/10/2013
Quests need to be completed again in Swap Force.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
Victormaru Green Sparx Gems: 251
#4 Posted: 21:22:07 26/10/2013
Yeah, the Quests do have to be re-done because I've only ever completed all the Quests with my Legendary Stealth Elf. And when I loaded her onto Swap Force, it resetted. Well, not resetted but none of 'em were checked off so I figured you just have to do them over in Swap Force.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:22:28 26/10/2013 by Victormaru
Nelomet Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#5 Posted: 21:51:14 26/10/2013
Considering some of the quests have changed, due to general impossibility, such as a fire Skylander can't defeat an evil water one, it's just as easy to give it all up for new ones, and encourage you to play with yer old figures anyway!
---
Fear not the dark, my friend, and let the feast begin.
#6 Posted: 00:26:43 27/10/2013
The general ones I've noted are Hot Dog and Jet Vac as they were bird related in Giants.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
pluvia33 Green Sparx Gems: 249
#7 Posted: 05:03:56 27/10/2013
I noticed that my Flameslinger had new quests to complete in Swap Force and that they were different (which I was glad to see).

Does anyone know if there are any rewards for the characters completing quests like the hats in Giants?
Nelomet Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#8 Posted: 05:28:54 27/10/2013
Quote: pluvia33
I noticed that my Flameslinger had new quests to complete in Swap Force and that they were different (which I was glad to see).

Does anyone know if there are any rewards for the characters completing quests like the hats in Giants?

Bonus HP! At bronze rank you get an extra 30, I think. Could be different stats at silver and gold.
---
Fear not the dark, my friend, and let the feast begin.
Cheshiremonkey Gold Sparx Gems: 2068
#9 Posted: 06:07:04 27/10/2013
3=25 HP, 6=50 HP, 9=75 HP.
#10 Posted: 06:55:39 27/10/2013
Quote: Nelomet
Quote: pluvia33

Bonus HP! At bronze rank you get an extra 30, I think. Could be different stats at silver and gold.

Incorrect.

Quote: Cheshiremonkey
3=25 HP, 6=50 HP, 9=75 HP.

Correct...or stated another way... +25 per tier.
---
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#11 Posted: 13:06:49 27/10/2013
The old rank from Giants was still earned, it just doesn't give rewards(Yep, it is useless really). It even still shows up on the bottom right corner on your figure's Quest Screen. I am not sure if I will bother with the Quests this time. But my main priority in Swap Force is to try to get to my highest rank without buying every new figure made for Swap Force.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
Graz73 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3215
#12 Posted: 13:43:14 28/10/2013
So, is there any way to improve the characters stats? (besides HP) I really miss those heroic challenges!!
---
For Trade: EyeSmall, Punch Pop Fizz, Lava Barf Eruptor(black): PM to deal!
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#13 Posted: 14:55:04 28/10/2013
Anyway, I've changed my strategy since yesterday, after trying several things.

Firstly, I take my figures through the Quests involving PVP. Why? Because they also "tick off" Gold for upgrading from your list. You'll need to use your preferred method of Gold farming less if you first get Gold from PVP Quests. If you already have all Gold you need before this point, you're essentially making the Gold from the PVP matches go to waste.

Next, I'll do the Heroics in Giants. This will usually get my Skylander to a good level. Also, I like to do these before the SA Heroics because if you finish them all you will have max stats when doing those. After them, I'll finish the Quests on Giants. Why the heck not.
Naturally, after that I pop SA in, finish the five Heroics on that, then I cross-check on Giants to make sure all possible 45/50 Heroics and all do-able Quests *looks at smilie* are complete.

And of course, then I finish SF Quests. Elemental and Personal Quests vary, and I may do those first, but with universal Quests: I like using the first bonus mission with the Chompies until I get the Fruit Frontiersman Quest, as this will get you about a third of the way to finishing Badguy Basher at the same time. I use the Super Hungry Gobble Pods Survival Arena next, because that will level me a lot while going towards Badguy Basher.
I guess you can use the first Survival arena the entire time as that levels you better, but I just like using the first mission until FF is complete, as that's the easiest way I've found to collect fruits- and similar to the way I handle the PVP Gold issue, doing that later means the baddies you are killing in the mission aren't counting to anything.

(On a side note- you can do bonus mission related Quests after the PVP ones. That also gives you Gold, and again, it's going to waste after you're upgraded. It's just more natural for me, to finish the PVP Quests first, move to Giants and so on. But you could go from Giants PVP to do the rest of the stuff in SWAP Force. It won't make much impact. Since I have the Crane Deck exploit already set up for Giants, when I go back to Giants, I use that so I wouldn't need Gold afterwards anyway.)

Remaining levelling up is done in SF 3DS- the best levels to replay IMO are Shimmering Shard Shire and Bonsai Bay. They have the least intrusive cutscenes and neither of them have any lock puzzles. I also play the other levels from both of those worlds and the Sky Docks when I get bored of those, but that's just a personal thing.

Lastly I max out Gold. Totally optional. For Giants-compatabile character I use the Crane Deck exploit, then get as much Gold as possible from Woodburrow to get the last 535 I need to reach the SF max cap.
I usually use the Chompies bonus mission for SF characters- I get about 2k per run. Gold is abundant now though, so there are many methods you can use. I just like it more to naturally play with my characters. Screw exploits, this game is actually fun to replay unlike Giants.

BTW, just a warning for those of you who like to max out Gold: if you collect even 1 Gold in Giants when you have over 65000, you get reverted to plain old 65000 again. I tested this with my Series 1 Whirlwind. Thankfully, re-collecting the 535 Gold again is really easy by just playing through the hidden side-scrolling game in Woodburrow, or something.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me