Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 24 of 25 | Last
1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
[TOPIC] The Canada Hunting & News Topic
j0nathan33 Red Sparx Gems: 57
#1151 Posted: 00:04:23 10/12/2016
For me, I found this morning Jingle Bell Chompy mage at TRU. This afternoon, I found Buckshoot, pit Boss, Bad Juju, chain Reaction and flare wolf at TRU and Best Buy. I live at Montreal.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#1152 Posted: 00:45:05 10/12/2016
^ Good news
---
bye
xxseadragonxx Green Sparx Gems: 276
#1153 Posted: 00:48:18 10/12/2016
Yeah, awesome news. Going to keep my eyes peeled now! Shouldn't be long to have them here in Quebec if you got them in Montreal.

Thanks for the heads up!
Sivadreamer Gold Sparx Gems: 2821
#1154 Posted: 01:04:58 10/12/2016
GOOD NEWS! The W3 senseis are showing up in stores on bestbuy.ca and seem to be available to order again. I'll update when they confirm either my in-store reservation AND/OR my online order.
---
How many crystals should I buy VS how many will I buy!?
#1155 Posted: 02:12:49 10/12/2016
Got my confirmation email that Flarewolf and Chain Reaction are being held at local BestBuy. Also supposedly the other three will be delivered by Wednesday. It does seem like many are sold out online already, and after reserving the other two they are gone in store too.
---
Living Joker Green Sparx Gems: 196
#1156 Posted: 06:20:10 10/12/2016
Logged in quickly to tell you all what Siva just did. Shame they're all sold out in store in my city, but at least they FINALLY shipped the preorder I made a week and a half ago. Chain Reaction is looking to be the hard to get Sensei for this wave... Which is fine by me since he looks very slow gameplay-wise, despite looking pretty badass in terms of character design. Hope you guys all get your sought-after figures. Good luck. As soon as I spot Mystical Bad Juju and/or Ro-Bow I'll come by to let you know; they're the last two figures I want.
#1157 Posted: 19:24:01 10/12/2016
I went today to pick up my in-store reservation of Chain Reaction and Flare Wolf, suddenly Pit Boss started flickering available at local store so I asked. They located him, 1 x Bad Juju, and 1 x Buck Shot. The guy at Best Buy was SUPER helpful, he went and looked for them. He claims the reason things flicker on the site is that they are in-stock but "not counted" towards stock level. Unfortunately he claimed other than Flare Wolf he got only 1 of every other character. Seems they are being packed in with the first waves randomly.
---
xxseadragonxx Green Sparx Gems: 276
#1158 Posted: 19:45:18 10/12/2016
Looks like it's another week of waiting for me. I went to TRU and BB and still nothing this morning, got told they should have them by the end of the week, probably Wednesday or Thursday.

I'd order from the BB site as well but Chain Reaction's already sold out and considering last two online orders I did...

One was Purolator and I wasn't here and they sent it to the shipping warehouse that's like 40 minutes drive from here. smilie

The other time was through normal mail and they left the box in front of my door since I was at work. Now, that wouldn't be a problem... if only I didn't live in an unlocked apartment building where anyone can enter through the main door. If I didn't have a decent elderly neighbor, someone could have taken it and gone away with it unseen.

So yeah, online ordering is not exactly the way I want to go about it until their sort their **** out.
#1159 Posted: 07:56:20 11/12/2016
I hear you seadragon. Purolator is probably my least favorite courier option, even less than DHL right now. They never leave me a delivery notice and are the furthest away from me, both at home and work. It's always awful when CP leaves the package at your door; happened a few times to me and I just got lucky my neighbours didn't try to steal it, since I have the misfortune of some unscrupulous people always living in the apartment next to mine.

To be honest I DON'T want to find out Chain Reaction is really good. Spent too much money on this year's game already.
chicoz76 Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#1160 Posted: 04:39:14 12/12/2016
Hi all. Found a few Santa Chompy Mages and only one other wave 3 figure at the TRUS in Hamilton. Got a Buckshot. Apparently some jerk went in and bought out all the other wave 3 figures and luckily missed the one I got. The guy did say they had another box of Mages in the back. Tried the Stoney Creek TRUS and no Wave 3 figures. Sad. Wanted to take advantage of the BOGO 1/2 Off Sale this weekend.
#1161 Posted: 12:33:30 12/12/2016
Thanks for the update chicoz. Since the day I took off Black Friday to try to do a little bit of shopping myself, and being told at each store I went to that someone went in and bought all the harder to find figures, I'm kind of done wasting time going to stores and would rather deal with awkward shipping options to guarantee myself a figure if I go for it. Maybe other people in other cities have more luck, but it's starting to look like stores don't give a **** about scalpers buying everything.
#1162 Posted: 02:44:17 13/12/2016
I was able to find Flame Wolf, Pit Boss and Buckshot at TRU this weekend. I had to do a store reservation at Best Buy to score Chain Reaction and Bad Juju.

Good luck getting them, they came in very limited quantities...
---
bye
#1163 Posted: 01:39:43 14/12/2016
For now everyone but Chain Reaction is available at bestbuy.ca and... Nowhere else online. Amazing. If I wasn't used to this by now I'd call this grounds to believe the cancellation rumor. Still super curious about the plans for Mystical Bad Juju in Canada. If by the end of this weekend she's not out anywhere, I'll either have to grab the regular one (bleh) or import her (too expensive). Decisions decisions.
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#1164 Posted: 02:41:51 14/12/2016
She is gamestops and ebgames for skylanders weekend this weekend 17 n 18 in the States. So good luck up North I hope its the same for you all aswell.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
#1165 Posted: 11:01:29 14/12/2016
Dec 15th-21th, Walmart has Senseis for 9,96$!

[User Posted Image]

Time to get the last few Wave 1 and Wave 2 characters I haven't got yet.
---
bye
#1166 Posted: 12:35:52 14/12/2016
That's a pretty good deal newkill. Looked for figures at my local walmart twice; once they had next to nothing, the other time it was mostly all a few of the same figures.
simonc1138 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1549
#1167 Posted: 17:13:11 14/12/2016
Thanks to all for the BestBuy.ca tip - made a trip out to the best buy at Coquitlam last night and grabbed 4/5 Wave 3 characters, made another reserve at the richmond location to pick up Chain Reaction today. JB Chompy Mage is...sporadic. The Crash Bandicoot and Enchanted Forest packs are plentiful across the board.

I assume we'll see more Wave 3 eventually - this should typically not be the hard wave to find. That said if the rumblings are true and EB's relationship to Skylanders has soured, this will be a new challenge this year. First time in the franchise's history I've turned to Best Buy for a post-launch wave of figures.

That and since I've moved out west, I've had to relearn which stores are the friendly/reliable ones that get stock in on time...so far it's no one.
---
You know you have an addiction when you spend money on it that is normally saved for your other addictions.
Granite Crusher Green Sparx Gems: 386
#1168 Posted: 23:23:45 14/12/2016
Mystical Bad Juju will be available at EBgames Canada stores but they are street dated 31/12/2016.
My friend found him today on display but the clerk refused to sell him one figure...
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#1169 Posted: 12:38:11 15/12/2016
Noooooooooooo Granite Crusher you have just crushed my dreams. Damn damn double damn.
#1170 Posted: 22:55:05 15/12/2016
Walmart has received Wave 3 Senseis in store, small quantities.
---
bye
#1171 Posted: 11:55:54 16/12/2016
Yesterday, I found Mystical Bad Juju at my local ebGame and my local ebGame don't have street dated.
#1172 Posted: 12:15:32 16/12/2016
Hm. Maybe I should stop off at my local shop just in case. Which city was this in j0nathan?

Edit: Walmart's $10 sale is in effect online too. Almost all the figures are gone but maybe some of you can grab a fig or two you're missing before they're all gone.

Edit2: I wasn't interested at all in Chain Reaction, but a half price sensei that is somewhat uncommon to find anyway? Ordered.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:26:48 16/12/2016 by Living Joker
#1173 Posted: 12:37:17 16/12/2016
I found it in brossard, near Montreal.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:38:33 16/12/2016 by j0nathan33
#1174 Posted: 21:02:53 16/12/2016
Mystical Bad Juju is at all the EB locations around us, it was already out on the shelf (with no street date). Also, Walmart.ca has all W3 in stock on the website at $9.97 each!! I ordered 2 of each (for myself and daughter), but am holding onto my Bestbuy.ca order until the Walmart.ca ships....JUST IN CASE. Technically Bestbuy would match Walmart right?
---
#1175 Posted: 01:49:42 17/12/2016
Got my Mystical Bad Juju too, going to test it tonight to make sure she works. Thanks for the heads up j0nathan, I might have skipped the stop if you hadn't said something.

Siva, I have a very bad history of Best Buy deciding NOT to price match based on lame rules they put in place like, limited time, and limited quantity prices. You could give it a shot but I wouldn't believe it. I'm doing the same thing you are though, holding on to my figures until walmart confirms the shipment, which I hope they do by Monday at some point.
chicoz76 Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#1176 Posted: 03:38:54 17/12/2016
I was lucky enough to find a regular Bad Juju at the Ancaster BB when I went to pickup my Chain Reaction and Flarewolf. Saw the Mystical ones at EB but my son and I agreed the regular version looks better in our opinion. W3 has been a bit of a joke.
#1177 Posted: 04:45:24 17/12/2016
Quote: Sivadreamer
Technically Bestbuy would match Walmart right?

It will only work if the product you want to price match is not out of stock on the other retailer's website.
---
bye
#1178 Posted: 14:38:09 17/12/2016
Quote: newkill
Technically Bestbuy would match Walmart right?

It will only work if the product you want to price match is not out of stock on the other retailer's website.

I find it VERY hard to believe Walmart.ca didn't sell out yesterday, but they still show in stock for every single W3 sensei. I'm going to BestBuy today, getting the receipt adjusted on the 6 I bought for now (hopefully). Then when/if Walmart.ca confirms my order I'll just return 'em for the rest. On 6 figures that's $70 bucks or so adjusted to match Walmart.ca that I can use to buy extra gifts
---
#1179 Posted: 19:24:38 17/12/2016
I did the same thing before, but then what happened was they refunded the entire price of the purchase, then charged the sale price, so when I went to return the sale price item the clerk was clueless for about half an hour while they failed to understand what was happening, and waited for someone who knew what they were doing to look into things better.

To save myself the aggravation, the time, and needing to spend time in the overly congested streets especially at this time of the year, I'm going to play it as safe as possible and not try to do what you're doing Siva, even though I agree without the idiocy of some of the staff I'd have to deal with it is definitely the best option.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:43:11 18/12/2016 by Living Joker
arenne Gold Sparx Gems: 2849
#1180 Posted: 01:14:30 18/12/2016
Mystical Bad Juju found at my local Calgary EB Games location. Looks like a small supply, maybe six figures there? We had stopped at some other EB locations first and they didn't have any, and didn't even know EB was getting an exclusive...yikes. Also saw a very spotty selection of wave 3 at Walmart--all they had was a Juju and a Pit Boss, nothing else (and that was at only 1 location-the other 3 we checked had no wave 3).
---
Mmmm, BBQ!!!
#1181 Posted: 14:27:09 18/12/2016
Quote: arenne
Mystical Bad Juju found at my local Calgary EB Games location. Looks like a small supply, maybe six figures there? We had stopped at some other EB locations first and they didn't have any, and didn't even know EB was getting an exclusive...yikes. Also saw a very spotty selection of wave 3 at Walmart--all they had was a Juju and a Pit Boss, nothing else (and that was at only 1 location-the other 3 we checked had no wave 3).

Considering they are all still IN STOCK on website, wondering if all the stock is being sold there? I've yet to see an IN STOCK at any stores within 100 miles of me (just type in several postal codes)
---
#1182 Posted: 12:23:09 19/12/2016
Don't suppose anyone's walmart order confirmed or shipped yet? Those prices and that stock is ridiculous. Starting to think it's a mistake on the site and they're going to cancel everything...
#1183 Posted: 15:10:49 19/12/2016
Quote: Living Joker
Don't suppose anyone's walmart order confirmed or shipped yet? Those prices and that stock is ridiculous. Starting to think it's a mistake on the site and they're going to cancel everything...

Spoke to a rep yesterday actually, my order was processed and credit card charged. He claimed it would be shipped today and still arrive Wednesday December 21st
---
#1184 Posted: 12:31:51 20/12/2016
Quote: Living Joker

Spoke to a rep yesterday actually, my order was processed and credit card charged. He claimed it would be shipped today and still arrive Wednesday December 21st

My order still has not shipped, remains in processing, running out of time to return the best buy one... Guess maybe I should make a call today too. Thanks.
#1185 Posted: 17:10:09 20/12/2016
All of the Walmart we visited today had W3 figures, but in very limited quantities. The price was always $19.96, but upon scanning they become $9.96. Chain Reaction is the rarest one, but Toys R Us has quite a few of him with the others so rarity depends on retailer. I returned all my Best Buy bought ones except Chain Reaction, who now shows out of stock on Walmart.ca.
---
#1186 Posted: 00:22:36 21/12/2016
Just got my shipping notification from Walmart.ca and everything I ordered from W3 is being sent! I guess the gamble I took today returning everything to BestBuy worked out (after seeing stores had a lot of W3 all over)
---
#1187 Posted: 01:56:58 21/12/2016
Same here, finally! But the glass-half-empty in me is worried something will happen to the figures in transit, haha. My plan was to get all the figures I needed for next week to actually play the game with my partner, but I'm so worried about something going wrong I psyche myself out. It'll probably be fine so think I'll make my returns tomorrow too, and maybe take advantage of the buy two crystals for $20 deal bestbuy.ca has going on right now, with a store pickup and using my $5 certificate.

FYI Best Buy's boxing day flyer is up. Starter is $50 as normal, but "figures" are starting at 6.99, and they show 2 crystals and 2 senseis. I'm going to guess that the crystals will be $7 and the senseis will finally match Walmart's fantastic sale price of $10, which will continue next week according to Walmart's own flyer.
#1188 Posted: 18:44:13 21/12/2016
My figures were delivered today! A very strange thing I noticed was the box they used was a W3 box (I ordered 7 figures and the box holds 12). The sticker on it said DO NOT SELL BEFORE OCT.16, which might explain why one Walmart around me was putting out tags for all W3 figures on Imaginators release day.

The other more amazing fact is....they sent me the ORANGE CHASE CHAIN REACTION! I got two (one for myself and one for daughter) and one of them was the variant, never had that happen with a shipped figured. I've found plenty in store over the years, so my jaw dropped!
---
#1189 Posted: 12:24:13 22/12/2016
You lucky lucky lucky fellow. My jealousy is pretty high. That's never happened to me. Still waiting on my figures which arrive tomorrow, but I better get an orange Chain Reaction too, darn it. smilie

Anyway my Pain-Yatta combo pack came in yesterday, left in the doorway by UPS. Works fine, looks good, makes me a happy man.
#1190 Posted: 18:24:13 24/12/2016
INTERESTING POINT: Orange Chain Reaction boosted the peak level the same way a variant like Mystical Bad Juju did. Also has anyone released by putting multiple iterations of the same character gives you a boosted piece to build with? We put 4 Chain Reaction on and his piece kept being booster, wonder if there is a limit to that??
---
#1191 Posted: 20:30:01 24/12/2016
People have stated that putting multiple of the same version of a sensei doesn't boost the maximum imaginator level for them... But you've said otherwise for Chain Reaction specifically. Maybe this is just another of those bugs that exist for some characters/versions of the game? Like nearly everything about this whole series good luck trying to find any true information.
#1192 Posted: 21:44:49 24/12/2016
I can say the following raise it another max level too:
Mythical Bad Juju
Both Legendaries
Candy Chopscotch
Steel Plated Hoodsickle
Solar Flare Aurora
Santa Chompy
---
#1193 Posted: 21:45:56 24/12/2016
I'm guessing because these and "Special" Chain Reaction are all technically additional characters, if you have 5 FlareWolf only the unlocked piece increases level
---
#1194 Posted: 00:09:20 26/12/2016
Or maybe just another bonus to anyone rich enough to get a bunch of the chase variants?

In any case, most of the sales I mentioned earlier are on, except strangely Best Buy didn't match the Walmart sensei sale, and even more strangely they're all sold out online, and most strangely they have the better sale on creation crystals which they have in stock in spades.

Walmart's sale is fine. The crystals are a dollar more expensive but they seem to have stock of nearly everything, so have at it guys.

Toys R Us isn't even worth talking about, everything is more expensive there and their online store is currently a joke.
#1195 Posted: 16:17:59 07/01/2017
A video on YouTube talks about Canada getting Mystical Tae Kwon Crow at EBGames!? Anyone seen him yet??
---
#1196 Posted: 20:29:03 07/01/2017
So I phoned four local EB stores, and only one location had 1 figure. Either this is an initial trickle of releases, or they are playing it very safely to avoid overstock like Superchargers. All EB locations only had a handful of Imaginators period, I feel fortunate to have found Mystical Tae Kwon Crow.
---
#1197 Posted: 23:57:40 08/01/2017
Visited my closest EB Games, they had 5 Mystical Tae Kwon Crow. I'm waiting for a discount before purchasing him.
---
bye
arenne Gold Sparx Gems: 2849
#1198 Posted: 05:34:14 11/01/2017
Picked up Mystical Tae Kwon Crow here in EB Games Calgary. I think they got 6 in, and there was pretty much no other Skylanders in stock.
---
Mmmm, BBQ!!!
simonc1138 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1549
#1199 Posted: 22:44:55 12/01/2017
EB at Metrotown in Burnaby also had 6. Given the lack of shelf space dedicated, 6 is enough to fill out the pegs (along with Flare Wolf and a few other wave 3 figs).
---
You know you have an addiction when you spend money on it that is normally saved for your other addictions.
#1200 Posted: 16:46:14 02/03/2017
To resurrect the thread in preparation for wave 4, grave clobber is available off and on at walmart.ca for the sale price. Easter variant figures are available there too but not on sale.

Still eagerly awaiting the wild storm adventure pack.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:47:04 02/03/2017 by Living Joker
First | Previous | Page 24 of 25 | Last
1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me