darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > The Definitive Skylanders PvP Tier List: Swap Force Edition
First | Previous | Page 7 of 8 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
The Definitive Skylanders PvP Tier List: Swap Force Edition [STICKY]
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#301 Posted: 17:48:08 01/03/2014
Edit - just searched threw this thread and found my answers, so I'm going to change my question

Best Undead Skylander? (for PVP of course)
The S tire is just full of them, so I cant decide.
Also I heard that they really improved on Cynder, has anyone done any testing on her yet?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:05:26 02/03/2014 by Hazard335
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#302 Posted: 10:26:01 02/03/2014
Quote: Hazard335
Edit - just searched threw this thread and found my answers, so I'm going to change my question

Best Undead Skylander? (for PVP of course)
The S tire is just full of them, so I cant decide.
Also I heard that they really improved on Cynder, has anyone done any testing on her yet?

S2 Cynder is overpowered. She should be A Tier or S Tier on both path.
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
Serenade Green Sparx Gems: 201
#303 Posted: 14:11:55 02/03/2014
As of now, i'd say the best Undead for PvP is Undead Defender Chop Chop. He can literally burst through everything with that shield, taking minor damage and either reflecting projectiles or retaliate to melee attacks with absorbed damage
Rattle Shake (Deputy's Duty - Grave Springer) is pretty close too. He's just cheap with that snake, and the bottom path gives him a dash manuver to move around and run away. Though it must be said that he can be hard countered by Star Strike and Super Spinner Flashwing, as they are specialized in reflecting projectiles. He becomes close to helpless against them

About S2 Cynder, only Shadow Dancer has been ridiculously buffed now: her ghosts have a much improved reach but most importantly, the slowdown effect they give now is very powerful, plus, they can't be reflected like Rattle's poison, so it's possible to keep an opponent pinned in place shadow dashing back and forth, while the Ghosts rack up damage. The damage builds up slowly though, so it takes time, and characters with good armor and long reaching attacks could possibly escape... have yet to test her properly to see if she's actually worth of S tier now, but she's not below A tier for sure

Nether Wielder is still mediocre. The ghosts have puny reach, as does their explosion when they're hit by the lightning and, of course, they don't give Slowdown. Only useful thing being the damage and reach improvement ot the Lightning makes her just "mhe"
#304 Posted: 22:27:09 02/03/2014
Did S3 Cynder get the same buffs in Swap Force as S2 did?
I'm guessing she did, its just everyone is only talking about S2.
Anyway, I always liked Nether Welder better since in Giants she took damage while in her Shadow Dash.

How about best Fire Skylander?
Soul of the Flame? Pyromancer? or Sun Forger?
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#305 Posted: 22:56:24 02/03/2014
Roller Brawl is amazing in PvP. The pirouette and bullrush both do extreme damage. The blades are an added plus. You can skate around the field, bullrushing and pirouette-ing. She's an A-tier, definitely.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#306 Posted: 08:08:34 03/03/2014
Anyway, I always liked Nether Welder better since in Giants she took damage while in her Shadow Dash.

S2 Cynder > S3 Cynder. Her S2 Wow Pow is easy to land, cover a large area and do 55 damage. S3 Wow Pow do same damage but is harder to land
---
#307 Posted: 13:40:42 03/03/2014
Quote: Matteomax
Roller Brawl is amazing in PvP. The pirouette and bullrush both do extreme damage. The blades are an added plus. You can skate around the field, bullrushing and pirouette-ing. She's an A-tier, definitely.

She seems to be S tier actually
I don't have her, really don't like her design, but many people agrees that her Bullrush madness is really OP.

As far as PvP goes, both S2 and S3 Cynder received the same buffs. Their respective Wow Pows are actually pretty situational, while nice to have, so they don't influence Cynder's performance at all, though in terms of usability it is true what Buuzer said, that S2 Wow Pow is better

For Best Fire, i'd say Sun Forger Smolderdash
She's not only incredibly powerful, but is also fun to use, a rare combination for strong Skylanders. She looks like S tier to me, actually, some friends of mine told me she's a real beast in PvP while i still haven't tried her for real yet, but i don't find that hard to believe.
Flameslinger has a herder time racking up damage now, being slower and the arenas conformation making harder for him to draw Supernovas without fear of getting damaged in return. Ignitor just lost the broken trait on his mortar, wich is still strong, but not THAT overpowered anymore
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:43:45 03/03/2014 by Serenade
#308 Posted: 13:58:31 03/03/2014
^thanks for the response!
I was playing Blitz Mega Ram Spyro the other day and for the life of me I couldn't get his Stun to work.
It was on the the Wii, so maybe it was a glitch of some sort.
Unless they never fixed that problem since Giants.
#309 Posted: 14:20:21 03/03/2014
smilie Skull Master should be moved to A Tier. He can hit you multiple time and his primary attack do 44 hit and fast to do.
smilie Honey Tree should be moved to S Tier like Bee Keeper. His secondary attack does 45 hit and slow you, the new armor gives him +40 armor and when he get hitted the new armor drip out honey that auto-attack you and you will walk, jump and attack slowly VERY slowly (this is same for his secondary attack based on honey). For me this path is more powerful than Bee Keeper because when the Honey slows the enemy they can't properly attack you (Roller Brawler, Double Trouble, etc...).
smilie Vac-Packeteer should be moved to B Tier. Powerful, just powerful.
smilie should be moved to B Tier. His mortar and sword gets very nerfed.
smilie S2 Sheep Burner should be A Tier. Now the flames does 50 hit and very fast to use. The Wow Pow is very powerful on this path because when he uses groundpound he does 135 + 50 = 185 hit. He killed characters like Stealth Elf and S2 Zook (this one gets a huge buff in this game).
smilie S3 Blitz Spyro should be moved to B Tier. The horns get nerfed but they stay powerful not very powerful but powerful and his new Wow pow make this path more enjoyable.
S3 smilie Vine Virtuoso & S3 smilie Melon Master should be A Tier. The new Wow Pow makes both path extremely powerful and chaotic (especially Vine Virtuoso)
smilie S1 S2 and S3 should be E Tier. Now all his attacks are unusefull and hard to controll, He was powerful in Giants but in SF didn't.
Sorry my English :=)
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 14:24:20 03/03/2014 by Buuzer
#310 Posted: 14:53:50 03/03/2014
Prism Break DID received a bad nerfbat, but he's not that ugly. I mean, E tier is for really useless Skylanders, Crystaleer Prism Break can still put up a fight against B tier

^thanks for the response!
I was playing Blitz Mega Ram Spyro the other day and for the life of me I couldn't get his Stun to work.
It was on the the Wii, so maybe it was a glitch of some sort.
Unless they never fixed that problem since Giants.

In Swap Force there's no more Stun in PvP, it occurs only on normal enemies. Even Ninjini's Dazzling Enchantment no longer stuns but does a bit of damage instead in PvP
This alone should keep S2 Blitz Spyro in C-tier and qualify S1 and S3 as well, since the stun was the only redeeming quality that made that path any good against B tiers
#311 Posted: 15:08:38 03/03/2014
well then that explains it.
That pretty much makes Sheep Burner on all Spyro's the better path in Swap Force, right?
I mean it was buffed, while Blitz was nerfed.

For best Tech Skylander, would it still be Series 2 Megadozer?
Is Spy Rise a contender? I hear such mixed reviews about him, and I still have no idea what paths are better for him.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:09:29 03/03/2014 by Hazard335
#312 Posted: 15:18:06 03/03/2014
well then that explains it.
That pretty much makes Sheep Burner on all Spyro's the better path in Swap Force, right?
I mean it was buffed, while Blitz was nerfed.

For best Tech Skylander, would it still be Series 2 Megadozer?
Is Spy Rise a contender? I hear such mixed reviews about him, and I still have no idea what paths are better for him.

1) Yes, for all Spyro Sheep burner is the best path. If you have S3 Spyro you should choose the Blitz Spyro one.
2)I don't have S2 Drill Sergeant but only series 1 and the gun on Megadozer does 4 hit per hit. I don't know if the new gun still overpowered like in Giants.
3) Spy Rise destroy everything and everyone. His best Top path is Web Spinner, he shoot webs that do like 20/30 hit (I don't remember) per sec plus slows enemies. For the bottom Fire Tech Path he shoot infinite flames from feet.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:19:19 03/03/2014 by Buuzer
#313 Posted: 15:51:10 03/03/2014
Spy Rise is definitely God-Tier, no contest.
---
#314 Posted: 12:44:22 04/03/2014
I'm going to make videos about all old characters best path in Swap Force.
Ghost Roaster:

Voodood:
---
#315 Posted: 15:05:43 04/03/2014
I Still prefer Ghost Roaster on the Fear Eater path, PvP wise
I find the ability to avoid dangerous barrages of fire (Hex's Skulls, Magna's Buster, Double Trouble's everything...) at the cost of minimal health while still being kind of speedy more worth then a simple damage increase from 40 to 50 and 50 health recovery each time i KO the opponent. It makes him more versatile for me

Edit: Just saw some footage around about Spy rise. Even without having him i can say he looks defenitely OP, one of the few Skylanders that you can simply tell by seeing him that he's gonna be broken. Slodown + Invincible damaging mode are just too much. I'm joining Matteo and say "S tier now"

[OT]
Buuzer, were'nt you italian? How come you can play with english voices?
If there's a trick to it i'd like to know, i would love to have my game with the original VO too
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:12:45 04/03/2014 by Serenade
#316 Posted: 15:12:15 04/03/2014
Quote: Serenade
I Still prefer Ghost Roaster on the Fear Eater path, PvP wise
I find the ability to avoid dangerous barrages of fire (Hex's Skulls, Magna's Buster, Double Trouble's everything...) at the cost of minimal health while still being kind of speedy more worth then a simple damage increase from 40 to 50 and 50 health recovery each time i KO the opponent. It makes him more versatile for me

[OT]
Buuzer, were'nt you italian? How come you can play with english voices?
If there's a trick to it i'd like to know, i would love to have my game with the original VO too

Just change PS3 System Language to English [United States]
---
#317 Posted: 15:14:37 04/03/2014
Darn, i have it on the XboX version, that is locked either on Spanish or Italian even if i change to another language... too bad, Sony won this time -.-
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:15:49 04/03/2014 by Serenade
RandomUser39 Green Sparx Gems: 131
#318 Posted: 22:38:48 05/03/2014
I agree with Serenade. Fear Eater is both a unique and powerful path, if used right. He needs thought and practice but he can be pretty good. Skull Master is not a bad path either. Both are B tier IMO.

Spy Rise all paths S tier now. I'll explain by going over him. Web Spinner slows, and does high damage with sizable range. Shock Spy does less damage, but you can move and you don't slow down. I think the bomb does around 50 and slows. Both paths are good and neither decrease any power from him. His standard move is ANOTHER slowing ability with range that shoots rather fast.

The lazer takes too long IMO to be worth anything when you have better moves for PVP. The only way I can see it being of much use is if the opponent is on the other side and you have time to fully charge. You can use it then to take small 80 damage shots every once in a while (once you charge once you don't need to again.)

This makes him a pretty good Skylander, at least A tier, but his bottom is where he shines. If you don't know, he can quickly escape into the sky, avoiding damage and firing off weaponry of his own for free damage and can move around with no recharge time. There is a slight pause when you land but nothing significant. And then you can start it up all over again. The path choice is inconsequential for PVP, although I think Fire Tech is better because the opponent can't come close. Spy Rise, all paths, are S tier, no question.

I think Honey Tree is better than Bee Keeper, so if Beekeeper is S, then Honey Tree is definitely S tier.
---
The most random and inconsequential user this forum has to offer.
#319 Posted: 17:44:31 06/03/2014
I remember a while back a few people saying they were able to "glitch" Chill into become invincible in PVP, has anyone ever been able to duplicate that glitch?
also what is the best path for her?
DocCroc Yellow Sparx Gems: 1668
#320 Posted: 16:28:24 07/03/2014
Picked up Scratch and Fryno yesterday, figured I'd share some early impressions:

Scratch is definitely shaping up to be quite strong. She doesn’t do big damage, but has a lot of fast attacks and is really good at annaoying enemies and controlling the pace of a fight. The big one is her Playful Pounce laser, which ticks fast and staggers like ShroomBoom's Paramushrooms. Her Whirlwing attack can pull in and damage nearby enemies, not even chargers can run away. Strong attacks can knock her out of it, but she’s quick enough to changer her game plan on the fly. Both paths are strong, but I think the Ruby path will be better for PVP. It gives the laser a larger effective radius, and the critical hit increase she gets works well with her fast attacks. The Sapphire path lets the laser slow enemies down, which works, but replaces the stagger effect. I can see both paths occupying the A-tier at the moment, she’s versatile, but her low HP doesn’t leave a whole lot of room for error.

Fryno is a fun brawler/charger hybrid. His heat skill buffs his strength and attack speed, and replaces his normal rhino charge with a motorcycle dash. The Brawler path is all about slugging it out up close and managing heat. Hot Hands is a decent skill, one that you’ll want to use as a combo-finisher whenever possible. It expels heat, but it’s easy to stay on the attack since unlike Pop-Fizz’s transformation, the ground pound Fryno does to build heat does damage to anything mid-range. The Temperature Tantrum upgrade surrounds Fryno with a low damage, fast ticking flame. Nothing special, but it works well in combination with his other melee attacks. The motorcycle path allows him to use his motorcycle dash regardless of heat being active, and he can throw it as a projectile afterward, ending with an explosion that has a huge radius. He’ll still do the bulk of his damage up close, but it does give him more options before he gets into melee range. For now, both paths feel B-worthy. He’s a decent brawler with good mobility.

Regarding Cynder, she received a buff to her flying ability. For characters that have it, they get an increase in armor and speed (after “accelerating”) but at the cost of tank-like controls while flying. Cynder gets the speed increase right away, and she controls normally while flying. It doesn’t sound that big, but this mobility allows her to weave in an out of combat seamlessly. This benefits S2 Nether Wielder quite well since she can safely peck away at opponents with Spectral Lightning, and she’ll already be in flight to deliver her Lightning Rain wow pow at a moment’s notice should they want to close in.
It’s also worth mentioning that at any time during the Lightning Rain animation, Cynder can attack with Spectral Lightning, giving her virtually no downtime to worry about. The the rest of her skills down the path aren’t great, and Shadow Dashing isn’t as useful since her wow pow doesn’t allow her to dash out of flying, but the tools Nether Wielder has are still effective. Down either path, her damage output is too average to be S-worthy. She’s all about doing little bursts of damage while staying on the move.

Lastly, a few interesting Warnado tricks:

With his spin attack, there’s typically a brief stopping period before you can spin again. BUT if you tap his flight ability before a spin ends, it completely negates the short stop between them, allowing you to attack immediately instead of waiting. This “double-spin” is undoubtedly useful since he can attack faster and well as cover ground very quickly. This is definitely a technique worth learning.

On Eye of the Storm, you can start firing off mini-warnados anytime during the animation, even before he starts flying.

If you hit attack + flight simultaneously, he’ll spin while starting to fly. The initial spin attack can then be followed up by mini-warnados instantly, giving him a decent combo. This can also be really handy in getting into range for a surprise shell slam
swohh4work Yellow Sparx Gems: 1226
#321 Posted: 08:33:01 10/03/2014
One quick question. Why are there so many unsorted skylanders in this topic? The previous games topics seemed to sort their skylanders much more quickly. What's the hold up? Ok two questions.
And a third. Why is this not stickied yet?
#322 Posted: 12:48:36 10/03/2014
There are fewer people testing, able to do PvP with an analytic mentality, and some of those are kinda cashless (like me smilie), so they can't afford to buy many figures to test
As for the sticky, that's a good question
RandomUser39 Green Sparx Gems: 131
#323 Posted: 19:42:08 11/03/2014
I support a sticky, but they are probably waiting until we hit 10 pages or something. Those are some interesting notes about Warnado though. And to Hazard: I remember too, but it seemed too hard to do for it to be worthwhile, or it's fake because we haven't heard about it since.
---
The most random and inconsequential user this forum has to offer.
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#324 Posted: 00:34:44 12/03/2014
And this conversation seems weird to me because it looks stickied to me.
---
Eh.
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#325 Posted: 00:39:10 12/03/2014
I wonder how smilie and smilie place up in pvp? I hope they rank OK on the list since they're my favorites.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#326 Posted: 06:57:15 12/03/2014
Quote: Burning Gnorc
And this conversation seems weird to me because it looks stickied to me.

It only just got stickied.
---
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7014
#327 Posted: 18:40:25 12/03/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster617
I wonder how smilie and smilie place up in pvp? I hope they rank OK on the list since they're my favorites.

Most people don't find Grim Creeper too great in PvP, however, I think he's certainly a force to be reckoned with for melee characters. Spamming his soul attack can make him hard to lay hits on, and he can dish out damage fast.
#328 Posted: 23:00:58 12/03/2014
Hot Dog's Wow Pow is... mediocre, but it tracks enemies, so that's a plus. It shoots a giant bee that splits into 3 separate swarms of Burnin' Bees.
---
SlobberTooth1 Red Sparx Gems: 75
#329 Posted: 03:05:20 17/03/2014
Actually I beg to differ I believe that slobber tooth is one of the best sky landers and that his seismic tail is great. First he is a slow skylander no doubt about that but gosh is he strong. His bite is strong off the bat and is even better with his soul gem ( iron jaw makes primary attack stronger). His tail cannot be easily avoided because it's an area of effect attack which cannot be avoided unless your far away. It launches at a normal speed and also has the rocks the can same enemies bit you are definitely right about his bite I don't like it in pvp and really play him as a melee tank. I suggest B tier
---
Slobber Tooth and Trap shadow are beasts
#330 Posted: 03:08:44 17/03/2014
Oh yeah my sig needs to be upgraded I think I'm growing out of skylander a bit still think it's fun to play with younger cousins. Anyway I would suggest trap shadow for A tier he is a legit beast
---
#331 Posted: 14:41:56 17/03/2014
Well, when you say that Slobber Tooth is good and then say that you don't like him in PvP... that means he sucks X3
And yeah, Slobber Tooth is pretty bad PvP, with both path: he can deal nicely only against heavy Melee-specialized Skylanders like Stealth Elf and Slam Bam, but against anyone who has a projectile, he's pretty much done for. Food Fighter can help close the distance with the Feast upgrade, but you're still slow as heck, so they can escape easily and the tail is near to useless on that path. Seismic Tail has more damage potential but you're not gonna catch you opponent unless he wants you to, since you're both slow and you must turn your back on the opponent to hit him with the tail, so that takes additional time, combined with the tail relative slow attack speed.
i'd say Food Fighter for C tier and Seismic tail for D based on how much i tried it... but i can't test him for real since i gave him back for Rip Tide, so he could as well be D and E tier X3

As of Grim Creeper, he's not that strong. not A tier for sure on any path
his biggest flaw is the damage output, he really does mediocre damage overall. That's why he absolutely needs his Scythe Path's upgrades and the Firefighter hat, or else he's gonna fall before the opponent. The Spirit form is good to move around and close in on the opponent on both paths, its speed and reach stays the same on Spooky Specter, while the other upgrades on this path are not that much: It's Alive! only works to retaliate Melee attacks, it's useless against enemies that attack from afar, so it's nice to have, but situational; Haunted Help is extremely rare to see hitting in PvP, where you want to release the armor as soon as you touch the opponent with the spirit form, and does very little damage; Soul Sampler is cute, but the heal is ridiculously low, 5 per hit if i'm correct, so it's not game changer
On the Scythe path, the only real useless upgrade is the Sphere of Fear, wich is not very effective and practical in PvP. More crit is awesome, and Ghastly damage allows Spook and Destroy to deal increased damage, too bad it doesnt last after the Spook and Destroy when you mark only one enemy... otherwise it could have been a much better improvement

As of now, i'd say Grim Scythe Style Path for B tier and Spooky Specter for C tier

Also, put S2 Flameslinger - Marksman in B tier.
His only useful attack is the arrow shot... Volley Shot is completely useless and Flame Column is very risky to use. Flame Trail helps as usual, but he simply becomes a one-trick pony on this path. Still effective run-away capability with Speed Demon Wow Pow, but it takes sooooooooo long to kill an opponent on this path
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:50:24 17/03/2014 by Serenade
#332 Posted: 22:06:31 17/03/2014
Actually I said I don't like his food fighter path in pvp and prefer his seismic tail and there is a trend in which although not in all cases but ranges characters generally have a lower damage output so yes his biggest downside his the fact the he's slow if he touches your dead
---
EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#333 Posted: 22:21:17 18/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Once again I apologize for not being able to check up on this thread very often. College and social life have been keeping me busy recently.

I've read through everyone's posts, archived all the necessary information, and now I have a big list of tier list changes for you!

• Slobber Tooth / Seismic Tail placed in D Tier.
  • Ghost Roaster / [Both Paths] moved up to B Tier due to various recommendations. While I am aware that there is also some support for Ghost Roaster's paths to be moved to A Tier, I am veering on the side of caution for now. If enough people advocate moving Ghost Roaster to A Tier then I will move him there instead.
  • Dino-Rang / Grand Boomerang Master moved down to B Tier on recommendation from DocCroc.
  • Eruptor S2 / Magmantor moved up to A Tier on recommendation from DocCroc.
  • Pop Fizz / Best of the Beast moved up to B Tier on recommendation from DocCroc.
  • Camo and Thorn Horn Camo / [Both Paths] moved up to/placed in A Tier on recommendations from GigaCamo, Serenade and Buuzer. (See queries below.)
  • Cynder S2 / [Both Paths] moved to A Tier due to recommendations from Serenade, Buuzer and DocCroc.
  • Flameslinger S2 / Marksman moved down to B Tier on recommendation from Serenade. Should I do the same with S2 Pyromancer?
  • Bumble Blast / Bee Keeper placed in S Tier alongside Honey Tree, due to numerous recommendations.
  • Spyro / Blitz Spyro moved down to C Tier on recommendation from Serenade.
  • Mega Ram Spyro / Blitz Spyro placed in C Tier on recommendation from Serenade.
  • Spy Rise / [Both Paths] / [Both Paths] placed in S Tier by popular demand.

---

Other thoughts and queries:

I understand from various sources that Shroomboom's paths have been buffed, but I am feeling fuzzy on what tiers they should actually be in, and also on how the paths differ in terms of their effectiveness and tier placement. Can anyone give me clearer details referring specifically to each upgrade path?

I am interested to hear about where people think all versions and all paths of Terrafin should be right now in general. I could also do with some details on how Knockout Terrafin's Wow Pow works and how it affects his tier placement relative to his other versions.

Can anyone clarify further where I should place Slobber Tooth / Food Fighter?

I am considering moving Warnado / Eye of the Storm up to C, but I'd like to hear more thoughts and recommendations about him from other people, because all I've got on him is DocCroc's recommendations for now.

Was moving both versions and paths of Camo into A Tier a good idea? Should particular versions or paths be lower?

While I feel clear on S2 Cynder, Can anyone clarify where I should place both paths of S1 and S3 Cynder?

Flameslinger S2's Marksman has been moved down to B Tier, but should I do the same with S2 Pyromancer? Also, can anyone comment in general about where they think both paths of S1 Flameslinger should be right now?

While I've heard a fair bit about all versions of Spyro / Blitz Spyro, I'm feeling quite confused about where Sheep Burner should be right now; I only understand that Sheep Burner is thought to be the better path because Blitz Spyro no longer has a stun. Can I hear some clarification on what tiers Sheep Burner should be in with reference to each individual series version of Spyro?

The situation with both paths of all series of Prism Break is really starting to confuse me right now for some reason. I feel clear about S2 Prism Break / Crystaleer specifically but that's about it. I apologize if I'm being a little dumb here. smilie I could really do with some clarifications that refer clearly and specifically to individual series versions and individual upgrade paths, because a lot of the opinions I'm reading on Prism Break right now often forget to specify everything they're referring to. - or, again, maybe I'm just being dumb. smilie

EDIT: Oh, and before I forget; It's great to see this topic has been stickied. Thanks for your support, everyone! smilie
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:25:38 18/03/2014 by EgoNaut
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#334 Posted: 23:05:17 18/03/2014
Quote: EgoNaut
Once again I apologize for not being able to check up on this thread very often. College and social life have been keeping me busy recently.

I've read through everyone's posts, archived all the necessary information, and now I have a big list of tier list changes for you!

• Slobber Tooth / Seismic Tail placed in D Tier.
  • Ghost Roaster / [Both Paths] moved up to B Tier due to various recommendations. While I am aware that there is also some support for Ghost Roaster's paths to be moved to A Tier, I am veering on the side of caution for now. If enough people advocate moving Ghost Roaster to A Tier then I will move him there instead.
  • Dino-Rang / Grand Boomerang Master moved down to B Tier on recommendation from DocCroc.
  • Eruptor S2 / Magmantor moved up to A Tier on recommendation from DocCroc.
  • Pop Fizz / Best of the Beast moved up to B Tier on recommendation from DocCroc.
  • Camo and Thorn Horn Camo / [Both Paths] moved up to/placed in A Tier on recommendations from GigaCamo, Serenade and Buuzer. (See queries below.)
  • Cynder S2 / [Both Paths] moved to A Tier due to recommendations from Serenade, Buuzer and DocCroc.
  • Flameslinger S2 / Marksman moved down to B Tier on recommendation from Serenade. Should I do the same with S2 Pyromancer?
  • Bumble Blast / Bee Keeper placed in S Tier alongside Honey Tree, due to numerous recommendations.
  • Spyro / Blitz Spyro moved down to C Tier on recommendation from Serenade.
  • Mega Ram Spyro / Blitz Spyro placed in C Tier on recommendation from Serenade.
  • Spy Rise / [Both Paths] / [Both Paths] placed in S Tier by popular demand.

---

Other thoughts and queries:

I understand from various sources that Shroomboom's paths have been buffed, but I am feeling fuzzy on what tiers they should actually be in, and also on how the paths differ in terms of their effectiveness and tier placement. Can anyone give me clearer details referring specifically to each upgrade path?

I am interested to hear about where people think all versions and all paths of Terrafin should be right now in general. I could also do with some details on how Knockout Terrafin's Wow Pow works and how it affects his tier placement relative to his other versions.

Can anyone clarify further where I should place Slobber Tooth / Food Fighter?

I am considering moving Warnado / Eye of the Storm up to C, but I'd like to hear more thoughts and recommendations about him from other people, because all I've got on him is DocCroc's recommendations for now.

Was moving both versions and paths of Camo into A Tier a good idea? Should particular versions or paths be lower?

While I feel clear on S2 Cynder, Can anyone clarify where I should place both paths of S1 and S3 Cynder?

Flameslinger S2's Marksman has been moved down to B Tier, but should I do the same with S2 Pyromancer? Also, can anyone comment in general about where they think both paths of S1 Flameslinger should be right now?

While I've heard a fair bit about all versions of Spyro / Blitz Spyro, I'm feeling quite confused about where Sheep Burner should be right now; I only understand that Sheep Burner is thought to be the better path because Blitz Spyro no longer has a stun. Can I hear some clarification on what tiers Sheep Burner should be in with reference to each individual series version of Spyro?

The situation with both paths of all series of Prism Break is really starting to confuse me right now for some reason. I feel clear about S2 Prism Break / Crystaleer specifically but that's about it. I apologize if I'm being a little dumb here. smilie I could really do with some clarifications that refer clearly and specifically to individual series versions and individual upgrade paths, because a lot of the opinions I'm reading on Prism Break right now often forget to specify everything they're referring to. - or, again, maybe I'm just being dumb. smilie

EDIT: Oh, and before I forget; It's great to see this topic has been stickied. Thanks for your support, everyone! smilie

Spyro's Flameballs in Swap Force now do 50 (Originally 20) damage. While the Fire Shield now does 14-15 damage (Originally 5), and last but not least, his Day Bringer Flame got a big boost, now doing 124 damage (Originally 30). Also his S2 Wow-Pow does 185 damage if both the shock wave and the Flameballs both hit an opponent. I'd say he now belongs in Tier A.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:07:51 18/03/2014 by HeyitsHotDog
#335 Posted: 23:14:32 18/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Spyro's Flameballs in Swap Force now do 50 (Originally 20) damage. While the Fire Shield now does 14-15 damage (Originally 5), and last but not least, his Day Bringer Flame got a big boost, now doing 124 damage (Originally 30). Also his S2 Wow-Pow does 185 damage if both the shock wave and the Flameballs both hit an opponent. I'd say he now belongs in Tier A.

By "he", what series version(s) of Spyro are you referring to?
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#336 Posted: 10:40:23 19/03/2014
Quote: EgoNaut
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

By "he", what series version(s) of Spyro are you referring to?

I'm talking abiut Series 2 Spyro.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#337 Posted: 13:19:07 19/03/2014
Nice to see some progress :3

@Egonaut: i'd like to puntualize something about Cynder. S1 and S3 should all be placed the same as S2. Her Wow Pows don't change her game or make her THAT stronger, they're just added values, she works fundamentally the same with or without them. While S2 Wow Pow is better, being useful to back off opponents closing in, it's not that strong to determine a tier shift

BUT i must say again that Nether Wielder is still a mhe path, it should remain in B tier, i'll tell once again why:
Shadow Dancer has seen its ghost's slowdown effect gratly improved, now it's possible to keep the opponent locked in place stacking damage up. The Ghosts also have a wider range of effect.
Nether Wielder specifically did'nt see any upgrades from Giants, if any it's been nerfed: the ghosts' explosion when hit with the Lightning has a shorter range, so it's harder to use. It only benefits from Cynders overall upgrades, wich are the increased flight manuverability mentioned by DocCroc and the ability to use the the ligthning during S2 WowPow

Nether Wielder is largely inferior to Shadow Dancer this time

About Prism Break, i'm sorry but i still did'nt have any time to test Prismancer... time is tyrant smilie
About S2 Pyromancer Flameslinger, i suggest to keep him A tier. he's been nerfed, but is still too strong for almost any B tier to defeat him. Paramushroom Shroomboom, TT Lightning Rod, Conjurer Double Trouble, Grim Creeper... all had a hard, if not impossible, time against him, (Shroom fights with him pretty evenly, though) mostly because all his attacks are useful (less effective then giants, but useful) as opposed to Marksman where he must rely solely on the Triple Arrow Shot...

About Shroomboom, i can only speak for Paramushroom Promotion: i felt he's still B tier material but i'm starting to think again... i'll test him against A tiers when i have the opportunity, together with Prismancer Prism Break.
Someone esle should test Barrier Boost smilie
#338 Posted: 16:42:09 19/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Thank you, HeyitsHotDog and Serenade, for clarifying those things.

I'm going to go by all of Serenade's recommendations about Cynder for the moment, but if anyone has any further comments or advice about Cynder then do chip in.

• Spyro S2 / Sheep Burner moved up to A Tier on recommendation from HeyitsHotDog. I'm still waiting for advice about S1 and Mega Ram Spyro's Sheep Burner paths.
  • Cynder / Shadow Dancer moved up to A Tier on recommendation from Serenade.
  • Cynder S2 / Nether Wielder moved down to B Tier on recommendation from Serenade.
  • Phantom Cynder / Shadow Dancer placed in A Tier on recommendation from Serenade.
  • Phantom Cynder / Nether Wielder placed in B Tier on recommendation from Serenade.
---
#339 Posted: 20:37:02 19/03/2014
Oh yeah, i just noticed: i see Star Strike - Star Gazer is'nt sorted yet
She has the same tech as Cosmic Reflector avaiable (Spam and reflect all day, everyday), so there's no reason for her to be any less then S-tier as well
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#340 Posted: 22:35:02 19/03/2014
Oh yeah, i just noticed: i see Star Strike - Star Gazer is'nt sorted yet
She has the same tech as Cosmic Reflector avaiable (Spam and reflect all day, everyday), so there's no reason for her to be any less then S-tier as well

I sadly agree with you there. Not only is smilie able to dish out massive damage, but her one attack that makes her so unique makes her almost unstoppable. There's nothing really wrong with the character, I just don't like that she easily puts smilie to shame when it comes to who's the best magic character in this game.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:35:40 19/03/2014 by GhostRoaster617
#341 Posted: 20:21:00 20/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Noted.

• Star Strike / Star Gazer placed in S Tier due to recommendations from Serenade and GhostRoaster617.
---
Supa Mama Luigi Green Sparx Gems: 277
#342 Posted: 05:35:26 21/03/2014
Just got freeze blade and trap shadow. Haven't played much trap shadow but freeze blade looks as if he could be a good fighter. His normal attacks do a decent amount of damage, he can skate around all over the place as getaway, and he can use his ice beam to freeze the enemy while dashing around for a major speed advantage. Probably A or B tier.
---
"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario"
-Luigi
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:39:30 21/03/2014 by Supa Mama Luigi
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#343 Posted: 19:09:27 01/04/2014
Thank you Atonsmilie I will play PvP to see who talk on. Be back soon.
#344 Posted: 17:56:35 09/04/2014
Which paths are better for Freeze Blade in PvP?
#345 Posted: 18:03:31 09/04/2014
The Chakram Blizzard path is much better, I guess. The freeze path is pretty bad (It does very medium damage).
---
#346 Posted: 18:27:36 09/04/2014
Quote: Matteomax
The Chakram Blizzard path is much better, I guess. The freeze path is pretty bad (It does very medium damage).

I always thought that the Chakram blizzard path would be really good in story due to it's large area of effect, while the freeze path would be the better one for PvP.
#347 Posted: 14:03:56 15/04/2014
I think that this list is definitely bias and everyone is bias including me but slobbertooths seismic tail is at least b tier
---
#348 Posted: 14:16:14 15/04/2014
Wrecking Ball Total Tongues needs to be moved up to A or S tier.
---
#349 Posted: 20:24:50 15/04/2014
^
LoL to both of you X3
#350 Posted: 20:39:12 15/04/2014
^
LoL to both of you X3

What? He is really powerful in Swap Force. Try him.
---
First | Previous | Page 7 of 8 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me