Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Wave 3 [CLOSED]
matrix Yellow Sparx Gems: 1441
#1 Posted: 04:01:54 16/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Wave 2 is hitting stores. But I just wanna know now, who's in wave 3!?

Fire Kraken didn't seem to be in wave 2, so...3?

Please post what you know below!
---
I like Skylanders...
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#2 Posted: 04:06:13 16/10/2013
Fire Kraken was in Wave 2.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#3 Posted: 04:08:04 16/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: GhostRoaster
Fire Kraken was in Wave 2.

...smilie

Woo-hoo! Can't wait to get Jade Fire Kraken!
---
I like Skylanders...
joeiscool Yellow Sparx Gems: 1873
#4 Posted: 04:18:35 16/10/2013
I'm waiting for Jade myself! Hopefully he comes out soon too.
---
-joeiscool
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#5 Posted: 04:56:35 16/10/2013
Fire Kraken is the most plentiful Swap character in the "wave 2" boxes. Jade Fire Kraken is not included, and you can be sure she/he/it will not be released anytime soon yet.

As for Wave 3 speculation ... it's really hard to project right now, I'd say. If I had to guess, I'd speculate that Stink Bomb, Fryno, Whirlwind, Freeze Blade, Wham Shell, Spy Rise, Doom Stone, and Hot Dog will be included in Wave 3, and that probably won't be available until November sometime.

If so (again, this is raw speculation), that would leave (non-LC) Smolderdash, Cynder, (non-LC) Grim Creeper, LC Bumble Blast, Camo, Jet-Vac, Scratch, Punk Shock, LC Countdown, Wind-Up, Prism Break, Rubble Rouser, Trap Shadow, and Dune Bug for 2014 releases.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#6 Posted: 04:57:22 16/10/2013
Well Matrix buddy I'm happy to report that smilie is indeed in wave 2 and should be out tomorrow at Toysrus. Now as for who's in wave 3 it's apparently smilie, smilie and smilie for the swappers and the cores are Hyper Beam Prism Break, Horn Blast Wirldwind, Phantom Cynder, smilie and the amazing and awesome smilie! Were even getting lightcore Wham Shell and Countdown with the Arkeyan Crossbow battle pack that contains Thorn Horn Camo and smilie. Here's a link for reassurance. Also apparently now Sheep Wreck Island with smilie in it will also be in wave 3 and we will have both the last battle pack and adventure pack by wave 3. http://myskylanders.wordpress....le-pack-inhalt/
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:18:50 17/10/2013 by GhostRoaster617
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#7 Posted: 06:19:42 16/10/2013
Quote: matrix
Wave 2 is hitting stores. But I just wanna know now, who's in wave 3!?

Fire Kraken didn't seem to be in wave 2, so...3?

Please post what you know below!

Fire krakan is def out, picked one up today, posted a photo with him in it in the wave 2 thread. Havent played him yet, will tomorrow.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:03:44 17/10/2013 by SlayerX11
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#8 Posted: 07:27:40 16/10/2013
Possible release date is November 13th. according to Amazon.fr and November 1st for full Wave 2 according to Amazon.it (THese are, of course, european dates, but the US needs a full wave 2 date, too, so, could be the same.

I'm positive that these dates are correct because it would be a perfect time for christmas sales. End of Nov or Dec would be far too late for that. And if you think about it, the Battle and Adventure Pack are 25 bucks each, so it's not pocket money for smaller kids.
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#9 Posted: 09:13:26 16/10/2013
Nice insight into Wave 3 from FamilyGamerTV

Just saw the post above smilie
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:14:51 16/10/2013 by wideawakewesley
BlazeHeatnix28 Blue Sparx Gems: 911
#10 Posted: 11:55:49 16/10/2013
Quote: wideawakewesley
Nice insight into Wave 3 from FamilyGamerTV

Just saw the post above smilie

Screw Dune Bug...I want Dune Bag!
---
Awesome Shadow The Hedgehog & Ahsoka Tano avatar by the equally awesome Ace Archdragon!!!!
"I can handle anything."-Ahsoka Tano (SW TCW Ssn.3 Ep.21)
wombatandchips Green Sparx Gems: 388
#11 Posted: 12:26:21 16/10/2013
I think Jade Fire Kraken is supposed to be out for Chinese New Year. If that's correct, then that is late January I think.
#12 Posted: 12:53:01 16/10/2013
LoL @ "Dune Bag"!!
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
simonc1138 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1549
#13 Posted: 13:26:21 16/10/2013
Good to know in advance Riptide will be in a triple. I'll likely skip his single pack in wave 2 then.

And surprised Terrafin is getting placement in a battle pack, single and triple. Especially when there's still lots of returning characters who could go in the triple.
---
You know you have an addiction when you spend money on it that is normally saved for your other addictions.
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#14 Posted: 15:02:42 16/10/2013
the screen is too blurry can somebody post a list
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#15 Posted: 15:06:38 16/10/2013
“Hyper Beam” Prism Break
“Horn Blast” Whirlwind
“Phantom” Cynder

Lightcore Countdown
Lightcore Wham Shell

Smolderdash
Dune Bug

Rubble Rouser
Spy Rise
Stink Bomb

Triple Pack: Dune Bug, “Phantom” Cynder, “Knockout” Terrafin
Triple Pack: Riptide, “Horn Blast” Whirlwind, “Hyper Beam” Prism Break

Arkeyan Crossbow Battle Pack ("Thorn Horn" Camo, Grimm Creeper, Arkeyan Crossbow)
Sheep Wreck Island Adventure Pack (Wind-up, Groove Machine, Platinum Sheep, Sheep Wreck Island)

Note that this is not confirmed, found it at amazon.fr but nowhere else (release nov 13 according to the site). But why should amazon just make something up.
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:18:35 16/10/2013 by myskylanders
#16 Posted: 15:37:39 16/10/2013
So Knockout is the new ShroomBoom---let's slice em and dice em 3 different ways lol.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#17 Posted: 17:40:13 16/10/2013
Ugh ... if the above is true, then GhostRoaster is correct ... apparently Activision failed to learn from its mistakes from the excessive distribution of Shroomboom in the Giants generation. Welcome to the Shroomboom dust-collector club, Mr. Terrafin! ... you deserved a better fate.

Meanwhile, looks to me like Trap Shadow will be the "new" Ninjini ... good luck finding him before March 2014. Could be Doom Stone, but my money's on Trap Shadow.
---
#18 Posted: 19:59:47 16/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Just came back and saw the video, I'm very happy!

Stink Bomb is one of my favorites! (although I'll nickname his top half to "Sensei") And so is Hyper Beam Prism Break!

Can't wait to see these characters, along with some Fire Kraken gameplay from wave 2!
---
I like Skylanders...
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#19 Posted: 20:39:07 16/10/2013
Quote: BahamutBreaker
Ugh ... if the above is true, then GhostRoaster is correct ... apparently Activision failed to learn from its mistakes from the excessive distribution of Shroomboom in the Giants generation. Welcome to the Shroomboom dust-collector club, Mr. Terrafin! ... you deserved a better fate.

Meanwhile, looks to me like Trap Shadow will be the "new" Ninjini ... good luck finding him before March 2014. Could be Doom Stone, but my money's on Trap Shadow.

Yeah, but honestly, three days out we have a very nice selection of figures. 11/16 of the newlanders are playable (10 regular, 1 as a LC). 10/16 Swappers are playable. Not to mention all the old guys are still playable. One has to remember that Activision's goal is not making it as efficient as possible to collect all figures. Their goal is to create combinations that will sell to people and allow them to continue to sell figures and keep excitement high for the next nine to ten months. Three packs are a convenience for fans that want a good selection for a package price - they weigh what will give good variety, not necessarily what will help X collector fill Y hole in their collection.
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4123
#20 Posted: 20:50:08 16/10/2013
Top four most anticipated Skylanders not coming until wave three and four...
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:50:26 16/10/2013 by awesomerockets
#21 Posted: 22:56:03 16/10/2013

Just be glad Shroompoop didn't return. Otherwise I would've gone Maverick again and destroyed myself.
---
Awesome Shadow The Hedgehog & Ahsoka Tano avatar by the equally awesome Ace Archdragon!!!!
HamsterExAstris Yellow Sparx Gems: 1186
#22 Posted: 23:52:25 16/10/2013
Quote: BlazeHeatnix28
Just be glad Shroompoop didn't return. Otherwise I would've gone Maverick again and destroyed myself.

[User Posted Image]

(Still sad we got Camo instead of Shroomie.)
#23 Posted: 02:17:42 17/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Actually, I like Stump Smash best, in fact, I'm surprised they didn't use him.
---
I like Skylanders...
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#24 Posted: 03:51:35 17/10/2013
Quote: HamsterExAstris

[User Posted Image]

Sad for that shroomy, can I give him a hug?
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:52:12 17/10/2013 by darkrai848
#25 Posted: 05:13:19 17/10/2013
Quote: defpally

Yeah, but honestly, three days out we have a very nice selection of figures. 11/16 of the newlanders are playable (10 regular, 1 as a LC). 10/16 Swappers are playable. Not to mention all the old guys are still playable. One has to remember that Activision's goal is not making it as efficient as possible to collect all figures. Their goal is to create combinations that will sell to people and allow them to continue to sell figures and keep excitement high for the next nine to ten months. Three packs are a convenience for fans that want a good selection for a package price - they weigh what will give good variety, not necessarily what will help X collector fill Y hole in their collection.

Fully agree. I think there is a FANTASTIC variety of characters available already.
But it's still lame that Terrafin. who is now in his 3rd edition, was selected to be included in three different packages for this generation/release cycle.
---
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#26 Posted: 14:16:03 17/10/2013

Oh boy, time to hunt for Trap Shadow for 3 months straight... just like I had to do with Ninjini... that was the worst time of this year for me smilie
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#27 Posted: 01:27:49 18/10/2013
Having Terrafin in ONLY the battle pack would have increased sales. There will be other ways to get Bumble Blast.

Poor poor move. I think I should apply for distribution manager as I would have never made that mistake smilie
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
#28 Posted: 02:30:06 18/10/2013
Quote: defpally

Dude, not complaining about the number of figures...just a simple innocuous observation that Terrafin is pimpin like Shroomy.
---
Mitt rox Yellow Sparx Gems: 1746
#29 Posted: 03:06:17 18/10/2013
Stink Bomb will be in wave three. Yay. He's cool-- almost as cool as Voodood, but we know he was ruthlessly discarded by the agonizing game developers.
#30 Posted: 04:09:05 18/10/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster
Dude, not complaining about the number of figures...just a simple innocuous observation that Terrafin is pimpin like Shroomy.

Yeah, yeah. Little do you know that that box you have waiting for you when you get home actually has twelve Terrafin singles in it. smilie
CynderFanatic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3028
#31 Posted: 04:27:50 18/10/2013
I hate the waves. I really don't understand the point of them. The final waves always just fizzle out, you can never find the characters (I mean, where the hell is lightcore Pop Fizz and Chill???), and they just whimper instead of roar like the first waves. The excitement seems to wain.

Why can't they just release waves with equal amounts of characters, make a strong statement each time? If they want to drag out the gameplay so we play it longer, then....make the game longer!
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie Hey Ladies smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:28:49 18/10/2013 by CynderFanatic
scarletninjini Yellow Sparx Gems: 1068
#32 Posted: 05:46:39 18/10/2013
When do you think wave 3 will hit the shops? I can't wait for smilie
#33 Posted: 13:54:24 18/10/2013
Quote: CynderFanatic
I hate the waves. I really don't understand the point of them. The final waves always just fizzle out, you can never find the characters (I mean, where the hell is lightcore Pop Fizz and Chill???), and they just whimper instead of roar like the first waves. The excitement seems to wain.

Why can't they just release waves with equal amounts of characters, make a strong statement each time? If they want to drag out the gameplay so we play it longer, then....make the game longer!

You are thinking like a gamer and not a marketer. You want to front load the new stuff to hit while the game is hot, the later waves slow down because by that time a great deal of players have moved on. Had it been equal you would have the opposite problem, shelves FULL of those figures - and that doesn't turn out well for the stores, who have to decide how much to stock in the future.

Making the game longer takes time and money. It isn't like they sat around and went "Ok this many levels is enough". It's more like "This is how many we can complete in the time before we want to release it".

Just look at Rayman Legends, they had the game done for the WiiU in January. After the multi-console announcement and delay, they had several more months to add in the additional "Back to Origins" levels and update them to support the new Murfy dynamic. Game content is a balance between what you want to add and how much time/finanacing you have.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:56:34 18/10/2013 by defpally
CRBeau1 Blue Sparx Gems: 560
#34 Posted: 14:51:47 18/10/2013
I prefer the waves... if only because I (and my boys) only have so much money for games/toys at any given time. I just want a schedule, or a time frame and a list.

I loved the re-release of Gnarly Tree Rex. I wish they'd do that more often as well. If Gnarly had been bundled in the US with a PS3 that would have been fine, but with the old Wii, nope that was a no-go for me. I'm also eager to try out the DarkLight Crypt for myself.

Right now my biggest issue is my kids duplicating characters. I think the younger one is playing keep-away and catch-up with the older one. Especially when the older one can out buy him. I'm about ready to use teach my older one some reverse psychology. In other words, don't tell your little brother which one are your favories. The older one could also use a lesson in sharing. Even I do at times smilie
---
On a continuous mission searching and rescuing rare and legendary Skylanders for my boys to play with.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:52:39 18/10/2013 by CRBeau1
#35 Posted: 21:10:06 19/10/2013
Quote: HamsterExAstris

[User Posted Image]

Sorry, Shroomie, but you just need better attack power and speed. You're also really annoying and prevented me from getting Series 2 Bash because you clogged up the darn shelves!

The only thing I like about you is your Soul Gem ability. It's freaking awesome. Your Paratroopers are also easy to spam on slow moving enemies as well.

But I'm still happy Camo got chosen instead.smilie
---
Chopchop666 Blue Sparx Gems: 707
#36 Posted: 02:36:51 20/10/2013
Here's to hoping that we get a sneak movement type and an earth element in wave 3! I'll be buying all the swappers anyways, but it'd be nice to get those to unlock the swap zone levels and such.
---
"Slice and dice"
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#37 Posted: 02:42:49 20/10/2013
Quote: Chopchop666
Here's to hoping that we get a sneak movement type and an earth element in wave 3! I'll be buying all the swappers anyways, but it'd be nice to get those to unlock the swap zone levels and such.

Don't worry my friend. Like I said smilie and smilie will be in wave 3 so they will be the sneak and earth swapper we can get.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
cbunny84 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1403
#38 Posted: 04:52:11 20/10/2013
I'm excited for prism break. I don't play him often but he just looks awesome. I'm feeling the red. I REALLY hope jade kraken will be official. I'm on pins and needles for that one!
---
new edition: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Trexroarr Gold Sparx Gems: 2219
#39 Posted: 06:31:07 20/10/2013
Jade Fire Kraken is real.
---
Skylanders Collection smilie
78 S1 + 37 S2 + 16 S3 + 1 S4 + 19 LC + 8 Minis + 12 G + 25 SF + 13 TM + 2 EE + 34 Traps + 39 Items = 284 + 11 Chase = 295 Total
#40 Posted: 02:16:05 21/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Trexroarr

I hear he will come on Chinese New Year.
---
I like Skylanders...
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#41 Posted: 02:36:53 21/10/2013
Quote: matrix
Quote: Trexroarr

I hear he will come on Chinese New Year.

I knews it! And yes, I meant to type it that way.
---
#hu
Millerman Blue Sparx Gems: 641
#42 Posted: 00:43:45 23/10/2013
Scorp is Earth and he came out in Wave 2.
---
Thank you Activision for making me spend my hard earned money on frivolous items! I'm sure my kids will understand when their inheritance is Skylander's!
Millerman Blue Sparx Gems: 641
#43 Posted: 00:53:50 23/10/2013
Just another question in regard to waves, does anyone have contact info for Activision and has anyone tried calling them for info? Just a thought.
---
Thank you Activision for making me spend my hard earned money on frivolous items! I'm sure my kids will understand when their inheritance is Skylander's!
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#44 Posted: 01:09:34 23/10/2013
Ah man, Not only do I have to make sure to buy Hoot Loop, Rattle Shake, Magna Charge, and Free Ranger, but a lot of wave 3 too! (Spy Rise, Stink Bomb, Rubble Rouser, Wind-Up and Ballista Battle Pack)

But say, will Camo be sold in a single like Terrafin?
lordexodus Gold Sparx Gems: 2508
#45 Posted: 02:07:21 23/10/2013
Is there a release date other than the rumored & unconfirmed November 13th?
---
Need accurate & evident release info on Skylanders Imaginators...
#46 Posted: 02:33:08 23/10/2013
Quote: lordexodus
Is there a release date other than the rumored & unconfirmed November 13th?

No.

At this point "mid-November" is as much as it can be narrowed-down ... and as usual, the "wave" will probably "hit" different stores and different parts of the country (and world) on different dates.
---
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#47 Posted: 05:14:08 23/10/2013
Wasn't there much speculation last time that wave 3 was November and we didn't it until after Christmas or something? A VERY small percentage of skylander collectors/fans have all the new ones they wAnt that are available. Activision would also be smart to save plenty of goodies until after the kiddos open up the games for Christmas.

I know some of you 'can't' wait, but phased release is the best course and strategy for the most amount of people including those trying to make money. It be harder to find what you wanted if they all hit day one as every vendor would have fewer of each. You think e-bay is bad now......
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
Diggeh Emerald Sparx Gems: 3153
#48 Posted: 06:06:15 23/10/2013
Remember how we had to wait for Thumpback and Eye-Brawl? Yeah, not expecting Wave 3 or 4 anytime soon.
SSj3 Derek Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#49 Posted: 18:08:15 23/10/2013
Two major problems with comparing this to wave 3 for Giants -

1. There are a lot more figures out for Swap Force, meaning much more potential for new waves.

2. Giants Wave 3 was plagued by problems. We know from TRU ads that Thumpback and Eye Brawl were supposed to be out before Christmas, but they got pushed back for unknown reasons.

Also, don't forget Amazon France has wave 3 set to release there on Nov. 16.

I suspect wave 3 will be released on Nov. 15, same day as the PS4. SSF is one of the launch titles for the new systems, so a bunch of new figures that day would make a lot of sense.
xatria Green Sparx Gems: 363
#50 Posted: 18:26:40 23/10/2013
Past Performance is Not Necessarily Indicative of Future Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me