Page 1 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Swap Force Quests [CLOSED]
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#1 Posted: 01:23:56 14/10/2013 | Topic Creator
This thread will detail all swap force quests for every skylander. Keep in mind I'll start with information known in the strategy guide, but I'll need some help from others on characters present in the franchise but not being released in the game. I'm not sure if VV changed the quest between SG and SSF so I need some input. Notice question marks.

Introduction
There are nine quests to complete for each skylander. For each medal, you receive a +25 of Max Health Bonus. As in Giants, there are three levels of awards--Bronze, Silver and Gold. However, instead of receiving a Hat, you receive a Toy Award at that level. This goes towards helping your portal rank in addition to increasing your Max Health Bonus (up to a max of +75 for Gold Level).

• Bronze Toy Quest Medal: Complete 3 Quests
  • Silver Toy Quest Medal: Complete 6 Quests
  • Gold Toy Quest Medal: Complete 9 Quests

The quests come in three distinct categories: general, elemental specific, and skylander specific

We'll cover the general stuff now and skylander specific stuff in subsequent posts. Note that many quests have not changed, some have been tweaked, and some have been entirely replaced (notice Jet Vacs, Prism Break, Chop Chop).

General Quests
Badguy Basher: Deafeat 1,000 enemies
Fruit Frontiersman: Eat 15 fruits in Story Levels or Arenas
Flawless Challenger: Complete a non-Story Mode level with full health
True Gladiator: Win 10 PVP Matches
Totally Maxxed Out: Reach level 20 and purchase all Upgrades for this skylander.

General Elemental Quest
Elementalist: Cause 7500 elemental bonus damage

Magic
Puzzle Power: Push a Lazer Puzzle Beam to defeat an enemy
Mage Rivalry: Defeat a total of 25 Ranged Cyclops

Fire
Mega Melter: Defeat total of 25 Ice Golems
Bombardier: Defeat 30 enemies with bombs

Water
Extinguisher: Defeat a total of 25 Fire Golems
A-fish-Ionado: Catch 25 fish with the fishing rod

Undead
Witherer: Defeat 25 Life Spellpunks
Back from the Brink: Defeat a boss while at critically low health

Tech
Out-Teched: Defeat Glumshanks in Jungle Rumble without switching skylanders
Problem Solver: Complete a total of 25 lockpicking puzzles

Life
Defender of Life: Defeat 25 Undead Spellpunks
Fully Stocked: Defeat 250 enemies while at full health

Earth
Savior of the Land: Free the Terrasquid in the Twisty Tunnels with switching skylanders
Unearthed: Use shovels to dig 25 holes

Air
Geronimo!: Travel 250 feet in one fall
Skylooter: Collect 500 gold in midair.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 02:29:51 14/10/2013 by GhostRoaster
#2 Posted: 01:24:07 14/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Skylander Specific Quests
Note: Anything in a given element from the Giant on downward has NOT been verified against Swap Force...I'm using the quests that were present in Giants. Clearly some of them looks like they should have changed. Please PM or respond in thread if you have data.

Magic
Hoot Loop: Wand You Like to Play A Game: Defeat 50 Enemies with the final explosion of the flashback attack.
Trap Shadow: Oh Snap!: Defeat 50 Enemies with your traps.
Dune Bug: That's How I Roll: Roll Your Dune Ball A Total of 5,000 Feet
Super Gulp Pop Fizz: Rampage: Deal 200 Damage In A Single Run In Beast Form
Mega Ram Spyro: Full Charge: Collect 3 Gold, Eat 1 Food Item, And Defeat 2 Enemies in 1 Sprint Charge
Star Strike: Deflection Master: Deflect the Returning Star 20 Times In A Row
NinJini: Bottle Beatdown: Defeat 5 Enemies Within Five Seconds of Exiting Your Bottle (Giants) / Defeat 5 Golems With Bottle Rockets (Swap Force)
Double Trouble: Big Bomb Trouble: Defeat 10 Enemies With One Magic Bomb Attack
Wrecking Ball: Competitive Eater: Swallow 100 Enemies (Giants) / Defeat 100 Chompies with Digestive Detonation (Swap Force)
Voodood: Trackwire: Defeat Six Enemies At Once With Your Tripwire (Giants) / Defeat 50 enemies with your tripwire (Swap Force)

Fire
Blast Zone: If You Can't Stand the Heat: Defeat a Total of 10 Enemies From Your Flame Wall In A Single Use Of Your Flame Breath
Fire Kraken: Don't Rain On My Parade: Knock Back Enemies 10 Times With Your One Use Of Your Parade Ability
Lava Barf Eruptor: Pizza Burp: Eat 10 Pizzas
Fryno: Frequent Frier: Deliver A Total of 100 Heat-Imbued Blows Against Enemies
Fire Bone Hot Dog: Animal Aggravator: Eat 10 Hot Dogs
Smolderdash: Event Horizon: Knock Up A Total of 50 Enemies With Your Exploding Sun
Hot Head: Buggy Breakthrough: Destroy 20 Walls in Hot Rod Mode
Ignitor: Tinder Trekker: Travel 25,000 Feet In Flame Form (Giants) / Deal 50,000 damage with Mega Slam (Swap Force)
Flameslinger: Circular Combustion: Defeat 10 Enemies With One Column Of Fire Flame Dash (Giants) / Eat 50 Hamburgers (Swap Force)
Sunburn: Immolation Itinerant: Travel 1 Mile Using Immolation Teleport (Giants) / Defeat 100 enemies using Immolation Teleport (Swap Force)

Water
Freeze Blade: Chill Out For A Second: Freeze 100 Enemies With Your Frostcicle Attack
Wash Buckler: Sleep With The Fishers: Defeat 50 Enemies With The Fish In Your Bubbles
Blizzard Chill: Ice Sore: Defeat 50 Enemies With The Call The Narwhal Attack
Anchors Away Gill Grunt: Anchors Away!: Defeat 50 Enemies With The Anchor Attack
Punk Shock: Hydrostatics: Shock Enemies With Electrified Water Zones 100 Times
Riptide: Whale of a Time: Damage 8 Enemies At Once With Your Whale On 'Em Ability
Wham-Shell: Irate Invertebrate: Defeat 6 Enemies With One Poseidon Strike
Thumpback: Beached Whale: Defeat 8 Enemies With One Belly Flop
Zap: In The Slimelight: Defeat 50 Enemies By Electrifying Them In Sea Slime
Slam Bam: Ice To Meet You: Trap 100 Enemies In Your Ice Blocks

Undead
Night Shift: King of the Ring: Hit 10 Enemies At Once With Your Giant Uppercut Punch
Rattle Shake: Bouncing Biter: Damage A Total Of 100 Enemies With Your Bouncing Snake Shot
Twin Blade Chop Chop: Stalwart Defender: Deal 10,000 Damage Using Bone Brambler
Phantom Cynder: On The Haunt: Defeat 50 Enemies With Your Ghost Ally
Grim Creeper: Aggressive Outfit: Hit 10 Enemies In A Row With Your Armor While It Travels Back To You
Roller Brawl: Sharp Jammer: Use Your Deadly Clothesline Ability To Take Out 10 Enemies At Once
Eye-Brawl: Gold Search: Collect 5,000 Gold With The Eyeball Detached
Hex: Noggin Knocker: Knock Away 100 Enemies With Your Skull Rain
Fright Rider: Delving Throw: Toss 50 Enemies Into The Air (Giants) / Defeat 50 Enemies By Dragging Them Underground (Swap Force)
Ghost Roaster: Grave Circumstances: Defeat 100 Enemies With Skull Charge

Tech
Magna Charge: Now That's Using Your Head: Deal 5,000 Damage Using Your Polarized Pickup
Spy Rise: Finishing Touch: Spyder Sting 25 Enemies
Countdown: Out With A Bang: Defeat 10 Enemies At Once With Your Self-Destruct Explosion Ability
Heavy Duty Sprocket: Mined Your Step: Defeat 30 Enemies Using The Landmine Golf Attack
Big Bang Trigger Happy: Holding Gold: Save Up 50,000 Gold
Wind-Up: All Wound Up: Deal A Total of 2,500 Damage While Overcranked
Bouncer: Stay On Target: Target Enemies 100 Times With Laser-Guided Shoulder Rockets (Giants) / Deal 5,000 damage with your Fists of Destruction (Swap Force)
Sprocket: Mined Your Step: Defeat 50 Enemies Using The Landmine Golf Attack
Drill Sergeant: Drill Skill: Defeat 10 Spell Punks With Auto-Blasters
Drobot: Feed the Burn: Defeat 50 Enemies With Afterburners
Trigger Happy: Holding Gold: Save Up 50,000 Gold
Boomer: On A Troll: Defeat Five Enemies With One Kicked Troll Bomb (Giants) / Defeat 100 enemies With Kicked Troll Bombs (Swap Force)

Life
Grilla Drilla: Monkeys Mean Business: Deal A Total of 2,000 Damage To Enemies With Summoned Monkeys
Stink Bomb: What's That Smell?: Nauseate Enemies 50 Times With Your One-Inch Palm
Bumble Blast: Not The Bees!: Hit Honey-Coated Enemies With Bees 125 Times
Thorn Horn Camo: Garden Gorger: Eat 10 Watermelons
Ninja Stealth Elf: Stealth Health: Gain 1,000 HP While Stealthed
Zoo Lou: Professional Boar Rider: Hit An Enemy With The Boar During 20 Full-Length Boar Rides
Tree Rex: Timberrrrr!: Defeat 50 Enemies By Landing On Them (Chompies Don't Count) (Giants) / Defeat 50 Enemies with Woodpecker Pal (Swap Force)
ShroomBoom: Lunching Launch: Eat A Watermelon While Performing A Self-Slingshot
Stump Smash: Meganut Bowling: Defeat Five Enemies With One Meganut (Giants) / Deal 1,000 damage with Thornbark (Swap Force)
Zook: Spore It On: Absorb 1,000 Points Of Damage With A Foliage Barrier (Giants) / Deal 5,000 points of damage with the MIRV Mortar (Swap Force)

Earth
Doom Stone: Stop Hitting Yourself: Defeat 50 Chompies Just By Blocking
Rubble Rouser: Oh, What A Drill!: Deal A Total of 400 Damage In One Drilling Eathquake Using the Drill Head Attack
Flashwing: Let It Shine: Defeat 20 Enemies With One Crystal Lighthouse
Hyper Beam Prism Break: Bitfurcation Sensation: Defeat 1,000 Enemies Using Crystal Eruption
Scorp: Ticking Slime Bomb: Defeat 50 Enemies From the Poison Explosion Of Your Main Attack
Slobber Tooth: Hungry Like A Hippo: Swallow 25 Enemies
Knockout Terrafin: Land Lubber: Eat 20 Foot Items While Burrowing
Crusher: High Roller: Defeat 100 Enemies With Boulders
Bash: On A Roll: Defeat 10 Enemies With One Roll Attack
Dino Rang: Fooderang: Pick Up 20 Food Items With Boomerangs (Giants) / Pick up 20 Fruit Kabobs (Swap Force)

Air
Boom Jet: Tactical Strikes: Defeat 747 Enemies With Your Air Strike Ability
Free Ranger: Ruffled Feathers: Hit Enemies 25 Times Without Stopping Your Melee Attacks
Turbo Jet Vac: Bird Cleaner: Travel 5,000 Feet While Flying
Pop Thorn: Take A Deep Breath: Hit Enemies With A Single Stream Of Breath 100 Times In A Row
Scratch: Purrfect Pounce: Defeat 50 Enemies By Pouncing On Them
Warnado: Chompy Catcher: Catch 100 Chompies In Your Tornadoes
Horn Blast Whirlwind: What Does It Mean?: Deal 10,000 Damage With Rainbows
Swarm: Swarm Feelings: Defeat 100 Enemies in Swarm Form
Lightning Rod: Current Event: Defeat 10 Enemies With One Grand Lightning Strike (Giants) / Defeat 50 Golems (Swap Force)
Sonic Boom: Sonic Squeak: Babies Defeat 50 Enemies
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 17 times - Last edited at 02:57:56 11/12/2013 by GhostRoaster
#3 Posted: 01:24:18 14/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Quest Recommendations

Consolidated Feedback on How to Achieve Quests

General Quests
Badguy Basher: "Angry Angry Plants" Battle Arena; "Chompy Challenge" (weak enemies fast)
Fruit Frontiersman: "Undercover Greebles" and "Chompy Challenge"
Flawless Challenger: "Chompy Challenge"
True Gladiator: "Chompy Challenge"
Totally Maxxed Out: PVP mode

General Elemental Quest
Elementalist: "This Element is Strong Here" story mode

Magic
Puzzle Power: "Frozen Delights"
Mage Rivalry: "Ghost Traps" Bonus Mission or Solo Survival Rounds from Sheep Wreck Island

Fire
Mega Melter: "Ghost Traps" Bonus Mission; "Winter Keep" checkpoint
Bombardier: "Fishy Fishing" Bonus Mission; "Motleyville" Baron boss

Water
Extinguisher: "Boney Islands", or "Golem Invasion" Bonus Mission or "Sand-Pit-Fall" Survival Arena
A-fish-Ionado: Woodburrow "Underhollow" or "Mudwater Hollow"

Undead
Witherer: "Golem Invasion" Bonus Mission or "Fishy Fishing" Bonus Mission
Back from the Brink: "Jungle Rumble"

Tech
Out-Teched: Just play Jungle Rumble to completion without switching
Problem Solver: Replay Lock Puzzle in Woodburrow or make sure you use a tech in Chapter Mode.

Life
Defender of Life: "Royal Gems" Bonus Mission
Fully Stocked: "Chompy Challenge" Bonus Mission

Earth
Savior of the Land: Just play Twisty Tunnels to completion without switching
Unearthed: "Twisty Tunnels"

Air
Geronimo!: "Woodburrow" Pool or PVP: Ring Out (Fall down) or "Tower of Time": Air Zone: Ferris Wheel or "Twisty Tunnels": Large hole after Fire Golem
Skylooter: "Woodburrow" Underhollow

Magic
Hoot Loop: Wand You Like to Play A Game:
Trap Shadow: Oh Snap!:
Dune Bug: That's How I Roll:
Super Gulp Pop Fizz: Rampage:
Mega Ram Spyro: Full Charge:
Star Strike: Deflection Master:
NinJini: Bottle Beatdown:
Double Trouble: Big Bomb Trouble: "Rampart Ruins" Beginning / Chompies
Wrecking Ball: Competitive Eater: "Angry Angry Plants" Battle Arena
Voodood: Trackwire:

Fire
Blast Zone: If You Can't Stand the Heat:
Fire Kraken: Don't Rain On My Parade:
Lava Barf Eruptor: Pizza Burp:
Fryno: Frequent Frier:
Fire Bone Hot Dog: Animal Aggravator: "Fishy Fishing" Bonus Mission
Smolderdash: Event Horizon:
Hot Head: Buggy Breakthrough: Woodburrow
Ignitor: Tinder Trekker: "Angry Angry Plants" Battle Arena
Flameslinger: Circular Combustion: "Golem Invasion"
Sunburn: Immolation Itinerant:

Water
Freeze Blade: Chill Out For A Second:
Wash Buckler: Sleep With The Fishers:
Blizzard Chill: Ice Sore:
Anchors Away Gill Grunt: Anchors Away!:
Punk Shock: Hydrostatics:
Riptide: Whale of a Time:
Wham-Shell: Irate Invertebrate:
Thumpback: Beached Whale:
Zap: In The Slimelight:
Slam Bam: Ice To Meet You:

Undead
Night Shift: King of the Ring:
Rattle Shake: Bouncing Biter:
Twin Blade Chop Chop: Stalwart Defender:
Phantom Cynder: On The Haunt:
Grim Creeper: Aggressive Outfit: "Chompy Challenge" before purchasing Ghost upgrades
Roller Brawl: Sharp Jammer:
Eye-Brawl: Gold Search:
Hex: Noggin Knocker:
Fright Rider: Delving Throw:
Ghost Roaster: Grave Circumstances:

Tech
Magna Charge: Now That's Using Your Head:
Spy Rise: Finishing Touch:
Countdown: Out With A Bang:
Heavy Duty Sprocket: Mined Your Step:
Big Bang / Trigger Happy: Holding Gold: Sky Diamond / Complete "Chompy Challenge" repetitively
Wind-Up: All Wound Up:
Bouncer: Stay On Target:
Sprocket: Mined Your Step:
Drill Sergeant: Drill Skill:
Drobot: Feed the Burn:
Boomer: On A Troll:

Life
Grilla Drilla: Monkeys Mean Business:
Stink Bomb: What's That Smell?:
Bumble Blast: Not The Bees!:
Thorn Horn Camo: Garden Gorger:
Ninja Stealth Elf: Stealth Health:
Zoo Lou: Professional Boar Rider:
Tree Rex: Timberrrrr!:
ShroomBoom: Lunching Launch:
Stump Smash: Meganut Bowling:
Zook: Spore It On:

Earth
Doom Stone: Stop Hitting Yourself:
Rubble Rouser: Oh, What A Drill!:
Flashwing: Let It Shine:
Hyper Beam Prism Break: Bitfurcation Sensation:
Scorp: Ticking Slime Bomb:
Slobber Tooth: Hungry Like A Hippo:
Knockout Terrafin: Land Lubber:
Crusher: High Roller:
Bash: On A Roll:
Dino Rang: Fooderang: "Rampant Ruins", "Angry Angry Plants" Battle Arena, and "Chompy Challenge" Bonus Mission

Air
Boom Jet: Tactical Strikes:
Free Ranger: Ruffled Feathers:
Turbo Jet Vac: Bird Cleaner:
Pop Thorn: Take A Deep Breath:
Scratch: Purrfect Pounce:
Warnado: Chompy Catcher:
Horn Blast Whirlwind: What Does It Mean?:
Swarm: Swarm Feelings:
Lightning Rod: Current Event:
Sonic Boom: Sonic Squeak:
---
Edited 27 times - Last edited at 20:34:55 15/02/2014 by GhostRoaster
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#4 Posted: 04:22:38 15/10/2013
This is a very cool idea.
#5 Posted: 02:00:38 16/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Could someone confirm Jet Vac and Hot Dog Character Quests? They appear to have changed them materially (although the name of the quest remains the same). Apparently flying birds are not in SSF smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:00:57 16/10/2013 by GhostRoaster
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#6 Posted: 03:01:27 21/10/2013
Some of the quest are are little over the top. like the tech one "complete 25 lock picking puzzles" 25 seems a lot to me as there are not many though game (although you do get one every time you load the woodbury).
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
Madara Uchiha Blue Sparx Gems: 755
#7 Posted: 00:29:20 26/11/2013
Ive been working on quests a lot lately trying to find the fastest best methods, this is what i have so far and I'll post more as i figure it out or if i find better methods.

Badguy Basher: Defeat 1000 enemies: Arena mode, solo survival "Angry Angry plants"

Fruit Frontiersman: Eat 15 fruits in story levels or arenas: Bonus missions such as "Undercover Greebles" and "Chompy Challenge" have tons of fruit, also use all your +food Legendary items.

Magic: Puzzle power: Push a lazer beam to defeat an enemy: Bonus mission: "Frozen Delights", Lead enemies into the beams, make sure you let the beam do most of the damage or it wont count.

Water: Extinguisher: Defeat 25 fire golems: Ch.10 "Boney Islands" There are two fire golems at the beggining of stage, kill them, reset level and repeat.

A-fish-lonado: Catch 25 fish: Woodburrow, "under hollow" or Ch. 3 Mudwater Hollow

Undead: Back from the brink: Defeat a boss while at low health: Ch. 5 Jungle Rumble, on Easy, you health has to be very low like near the teens.

Air: Geronimo: Travel over 250 feet in one fall: Arena mode: Ring out: Fiery forge: Sit the Air skylander in one of the pits, and use the other character to jump on the switch, instant "Geronimo.
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#8 Posted: 00:47:11 26/11/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster
If anyone can confirm the quests missing are the same I would appreciate it so I can update the master list.

All the versions of the same character have the same quests.
---
you never saw me
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:34:52 28/11/2013 by I-Brawler
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#9 Posted: 01:03:41 26/11/2013
For Extinguisher, why not play the Bonus Mission with Geargolems and rescuing turtles. It has more than two Fire Geargolems.
#10 Posted: 01:11:33 26/11/2013
Quote:

ok........?

Quote:
For Extinguisher, why not play the Bonus Mission with Geargolems and rescuing turtles. It has more than two Fire Geargolems.

Because most of those levels take forever to get to the next (1) fire golem. Skilling for fun yes that would be better, but if your doing it for speed probably not.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:12:14 26/11/2013 by Madara Uchiha
#11 Posted: 01:14:10 26/11/2013
Looked back at my notes theres only 4 fire golems on that level, so technically you waste a lot of time fighting other enemies.
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#12 Posted: 01:46:27 26/11/2013
Quote: TheShadowDragon

Actually, I think Boney Islands would be a better level. I believe there are 6 fire golems in that one with two right away at the beginning. I haven't finished the levels yet, but so far this seems to be the one you can get that quest the easiest in.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:46:54 26/11/2013 by Eggers
#13 Posted: 01:52:16 26/11/2013
Oh, and for "geronimo" I have found the easiest place to get it is in the Tower of Time level. In the air zone, get onto the topmost set of ferris wheel spinning platforms. Fall off and you fall for quite a distance until you get the quest. I did this on accident with an air skylander and it made that one so easy. It was as simple as falling and switching characters in that one spot until all my air characters had it.

Edit: I noticed some of my air skylanders didn't save the geronimo quest after they got it here. Not sure why, but if that happens I found that if you dive off of the ferris wheel 3 times, when you remove the character and put it on again it will be saved this time. Didn't have that problem with all the characters, so I'm not sure why it was a problem. I did have a few that needed to jump off 3 times in order to keep it. Maybe they needed more time staying on the portal to write the quest to their chip? No idea, but it does work.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:43:15 26/11/2013 by Eggers
wrecknroll Yellow Sparx Gems: 1167
#14 Posted: 08:02:05 26/11/2013
Sorry I can't help.I will try and drag out my old Giants and Dino Rang to help here when I get this on the Xbox.
---
My collection! http://imgur.com/gallery/G7lsX
#15 Posted: 11:22:56 26/11/2013
Bombardier is EASY for smilie!

His bombs actually count!
---
you never saw me
alegeobla Gold Sparx Gems: 2501
#16 Posted: 15:44:15 26/11/2013
Hello All!

Long time lurker (since SSA came out :S), and appreciate all the information found on these forums. As far as quests go though, is there any quick way to get the fire elements challenges done? (Mega Melter: Defeat total of 25 Ice Golems, and Bombardier: Defeat 30 enemies with bombs). I'm trying to get them done and am having difficulty finding an easy, quick way to do so.
---
100% Character Upgrades: SA 43/43 SG 69/69 SSF 76/76 STT 25/69 SSC 32/34 SI 5/31 SEE 10/14
Currently Working on: Sure Shot smilie
crash331 Green Sparx Gems: 185
#17 Posted: 22:22:01 26/11/2013
So instead of getting to level up your characters like an RPG, which is stored on each individual character, we now only get +75 health which is stored in the saved game?

That's pretty lame.

So a slow skylander is a slow skylander. There is nothing you can do to speed them up? I guess I will be looking at the speed a lot closer when I buy new figures.
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#18 Posted: 01:38:24 27/11/2013
Quote: crash331
So instead of getting to level up your characters like an RPG, which is stored on each individual character, we now only get +75 health which is stored in the saved game?

That's pretty lame.

So a slow skylander is a slow skylander. There is nothing you can do to speed them up? I guess I will be looking at the speed a lot closer when I buy new figures.

It's not stored in the game, it's stored in the character.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
alegeobla Gold Sparx Gems: 2501
#19 Posted: 18:28:19 27/11/2013
Quote: alegeobla
Hello All!

Long time lurker (since SSA came out :S), and appreciate all the information found on these forums. As far as quests go though, is there any quick way to get the fire elements challenges done? (Mega Melter: Defeat total of 25 Ice Golems, and Bombardier: Defeat 30 enemies with bombs). I'm trying to get them done and am having difficulty finding an easy, quick way to do so.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?
---
100% Character Upgrades: SA 43/43 SG 69/69 SSF 76/76 STT 25/69 SSC 32/34 SI 5/31 SEE 10/14
Currently Working on: Sure Shot smilie
Zenephret Green Sparx Gems: 183
#20 Posted: 18:41:17 27/11/2013
Hot Dog's Unique quest is "Eat 10 Hot Dogs"

Here's what I found to be the easiest ways to do the quests. First I suggest you put the game on the easiest difficulty, especially if you have a lot of skylanders. This makes blowing through certain levels quick. Secondly, I am on a PS3 so I'm sorry if some of these strategies don't work for you.

Undead
Whitherer - a total of 7 life spellpunks can be found in the Golem Invasion bonus mission. So a couple of runs and you are done with this quest.

Another thing you can do in the Golem Invasion bonus mission. There are four or five Fire Golems in this level, so you can kill the fire golems with a water skylander and swap it in for an undead skylander once you come across a life spellpunk. You can work on both quests at once.

Back from the Brink - Obviously any boss will due, but I know a trick to let you get the quest for two undead skylanders at once. I did this on the Fire Serpent on easy. I let the Serpent almost kill one undead skylander, then I put a different undead skylander on the portal. With this undead skylander I finished the Serpent and let him swallow me. While in his stomach I defeated two of the three fire golems and let the last one bring my health down to a critical low, then I defeated the last fire golem. Before destroying the final cyrstal I turned on my player two controller and put the original undead skylander I used earlier back on the portal, so now there are two undead skylanders with critically low health. I destroyed the last cyrstal with both undeads on the portal and got the quest for both skylanders. You can do this with any boss, that you feel would be the quickest. The key is to have the enemy lower the health of two skylanders, then turn the second controller on and let both get the quest.

Life
I'm sure I'll get some arguments on this one, but this worked quickly for me.

Defender of life - On the Royal Gems bonus mission there are two undead spellpunks before you get the 5th gem. After the first two gems is where the first undead spellpunk is, then the next two gems is another undead spellpunk. If you focus solely on killing the Cyclops Brawlbuckler then moving to the next area, you can get this done in about 2 minutes a run. After the defeat the second undead spellpunk pause the game then restart the bonus mission. It doesn't take very long to get all 25 but it does get very repetitive and boring. I know some may say but you are killing too many enemies just for two spellpunks, but the alternative is Fantasm Forest which takes forever with the loading times and other in level cinematics. Loading for the bonus mission is quick and focusing just on the enemies you need to can make it a quick way to blow through the level.

Earth
Savior of the Land
- Obvious, but another trick. First put the difficulty on easy so you don't accidentally die and waste time. Once you get to the end of Twisty Tunnels and you are standing in front of the third and final crystal, turn player two's controller on and put another earth skylander on the portal, then destroy the crystal and boom, two earth quests for the price of one. You only have to play through the entire level with one skylander and last minute put another Earth on the portal. Technically this last minute addition was never switched out, it was only added. I'm on PS3 and this worked for me, literally cutting the time in half for the 12 or so Earth skylanders I possess. Unless of course you have a friend who can play through the level with you.

Unearthed - Again I played Twisty Tunnels. It's right in the beginning, defeat the fire golem, fall down the large hole, dig 6 holes, and repeat. Again if you want to make it go by quicker, before digging the six holes put another Earth skylander on the portal and just have it sit there, it will get credit for the hole as well.

Air
Geronimo - Twisty Tunnels, fall down the large hole right after the Fire Golem, easiest quest in the game. And once more, before falling down the hole if you put another Air skylander on the portal as player 2, you can complete the quest for two at once.
Another strategy: If you want to work on multiple quests at one time try this. Start Twisty Tunnels with a water skylander, defeat the Fire Golem. Before going down the hole put two air Skylanders on the portal. Drop down the hole and complete Geronimo. Afterwards swap both airs for two earths and dig the holes then restart the level.

Skylooter - Another trick with two controllers. While at Woodburrow, go to the Underhollow and open the vault, the one with three elemental doors. Player two skylander press whatever button it to make it fly and leave it be, then fly into the gold with player 1 air skylander and you can complete the quest for both. This obviously only works with Air skylanders that can fly, so Lightning Rod will have to find another way.

Water
Extinguisher
I know people disagree with this one, but I feel the Golem Invasion Bonus mission is the fastest way. There may be more Fire Golems at the Boney Islands level, but the load times to get access to the level annoy me greatly. The Bonus mission loads fast and there are not that many enemies you have to defeat, again do it on easy. If you decide to play through Boney Islands to get all Fire Golems, then I can say the same thing you waste a lot of time fighting other enemies to get all six.
While completing this level for Extinguisher, you can also focus on Witherer for Undead, as there are seven life spellpunks, and get flawless with one skylander if you decide to beat the entire bonus mission. Near the end there is a food item but if you get damaged kill all but one enemy then swap in another skylander with full health. The key is to work on multiple quests at once to cut down on time.

A-Fish-Iondo
Easiest to do in Woodburrow at the Underhollow.

Fire
Mega Melter
This one in my opinion is the biggest hassle. I played the Ghost Traps bonus mission. There are only two Ice Golems in this level and they are near the end, but the amount of time it takes to get them is less than the amount of time it takes to play through Winter Keep. Where the first one you come across is mid-way through the level. You may be wasting time defeating other enemies but I feel it's less wasted time than playing Winter Keep. Try them both out and decide for yourself. If anyone has any better ideas for this one, please speak up, because this one sucks.
Multiple Quest Strategy While playing through Ghost Traps bonus mission, start with a Magic skylander as there are 7 Ranged Cyclops in this level. Kill the 7 Ranged Cyclops blow up the wall then swap the magic skylander out for a fire skylander and kill the 2 Ice Golems and repeat.

Bombardier
I played Motleyville, but again it was a hassle. You have to defeat the bird first. If anyone knows a faster way to do this one as well I would be very grateful (the bombs in Ghost Traps bonus mission don't work, I always throw them high).

Magic
Puzzle Power
It was already said, Frozen Delights bonus mission. There are laser puzzles throughout the whole level. I find it easiest to use the second one (i think the second one). Its over the first frozen river and just past one wind spellpunk and two cyclops.

Mage Rivalry
I mentioned this above in the Mega Melter, I play through the Ghost Traps bonus mission. There are 7 total, loading times are low, and you don't have to waste a lot of time beating other enemies.
#21 Posted: 18:42:43 27/11/2013
Sorry for the double post but I didn't have enough room for it all

Tech
Out-Teched
Use the two player trick. Get Glumshanks close to defeat then put another Tech skylander on the portal for player 2 and defeat Glumshanks. Two for the price of one.

Problem Solver
Again, another hassle. Everytime you go back to Woodburrow unlock the chest there, but make sure you do it for two Tech skylanders. Also near the very beginning of Rampart Ruins, there is another chest right after you fight the two Arkeyan Barrelbots. I only mention this because I use Rampart Ruins to do the Fruit Frontiersman Challenge, so I multi-task.

Fruit Frontiersman
There are 13 fruit in the Rampart Ruins level. You have to play through the whole level to get them all, but it is significantly more than Mount Cloudbreak and Cascade Glade. Alternatively, someone above said a couple bonus missions contain a lot of fruit, so those may be a better option. This is also a good place to complete Camo and Dino-Rang's unique quests. Anytime you see a watermelon put Camo on the portal and eat it, alternatively anytime you see a fruit kabob put Dino-Rang on the portal and eat it. I also did this with two players as each time a fruit is eaten it counts toward both. And yes I played the game by myself so I had to move both, but it cut down my time.

Flawless Challenger
I just completed this while completing other quests, especially the ones where I played the bonus missions. This one can be time consuming if you don't multi-task.

Totally Maxed Out
For me the easiest method was to play Player versus Player battle against another player, or by yourself. Both get experience even when only one can win. There are probably faster ways for this though. But you can complete the True Gladiator quest at the same time.

Unique Challenges
Flashwing - Twisty Tunnels before you drop down the hole in the beginning. Pick the right spot plop a crystal lighthouse and let it do all the destruction. This is where the fire golem is located, so it probably won't work unless the difficulty is set to easy. It worked both times for me when I tried it.

Double Trouble - Rampart Ruins very beginning when the chompies pop up out of the ground. You have to get between them and pray not too many attack, but it worked here for me. I had to try twice to get it to work though.

Trigger Happy - Use the Sky Diamond Technique in Woodburrow. If you don't know what this is I can explain it later, but it only works if you have the sky diamond magic item.

Lastly, these are just my suggestions. I'm not saying they are fact. So please don't attack me, as I'm just trying to help others in what I feel is the quickest method.

Does anyone know how to get Spyro's unique quest easily.

Final Note
I have noticed if you complete part of a quest, like killing one Ice Golem, and remove the skylander from the portal immediately afterward the kill/quest does not register/save. Letting a little time pass by, collecting some gold, killing an enemy, or taking damage seems to make it save. So what I am saying is learn what to do in order to get things to register, so you don't lose progress by swapping skylanders in and out to try and complete multiple quests in the same run. Lastly, if you complete the quest, I've found you can remove the skylander immediately as it saves the completion.
Draicen Yellow Sparx Gems: 1341
#22 Posted: 11:28:56 28/11/2013
Bombardier
Fishy Fishing - Destroy the first harpoon and the two critters on the first island. Move to second island and kill the three critters. Grab bomb and run up to and destroy the second harpoon. Now, retreat all the way back to the first island. At this point there should be three or four critters stuck at the lily pad. Grab bomb at first island and go to lilypad. Toss at the critters. May take some practice to get feel of aim/direction. Was able to get about 6 kills per load.

Bonus: Also a good place for hot dogs for Hot Dog
---
Gamer, Programmer, Engineer, Soldier, Uncle, Collector...that should cover it, I think.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 11:33:44 28/11/2013 by Draicen
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#23 Posted: 12:30:46 28/11/2013
Quick question - if you've already got a skylander from Giants who has already completed most of these quests, do the quests they completed in Giants still show/count in Swap Force or do they have to do them all over again?
#24 Posted: 12:35:51 28/11/2013
They have to do them all over again.
---
you never saw me
#25 Posted: 13:38:21 28/11/2013
Quote: kaosmumishot
Quick question - if you've already got a skylander from Giants who has already completed most of these quests, do the quests they completed in Giants still show/count in Swap Force or do they have to do them all over again?

Those only count for Giants, they are saved to the figure that they were complete tho.
---
#26 Posted: 16:49:36 28/11/2013
@Draicen: Thank you, this helps out tremendously.

Corrections

On Golem Invasion bonus mission. There are actually 10 life spellpunks making the Whitherer quest that much faster.

And I decided to test which level was faster for Extinguisher, and it is indeed Boney Islands. Kill only the first three Fire Golems and reset the level, otherwise you waste a ton of time trying to get to the fourth and beyond. Here's my measurements:

I calculated time from Woodburrow, completion of killing the Fire Golems, to restarting the level till the point you could move again. I including loading times b/c this is a big factor in replaying the levels. I did measurements for one play through and then a consecutive.

Golem Invasion
1. 3:34 Killed 4 Fire Golems
2. 6:27 Killed 4 Fire Golems
The total killed were 8 Fire Golems, which comes out to 48 seconds per Golem.

Boney Islands
1. 2:40 Killed 3 Fire Golems
2. 4:19 Killed 3 Fire Golems
The total killed were 6 Fire Golems, which comes out to 43 seconds per Golem.

The second play through of Boney Islands drastically cut down on loading times, so the gap between the amount of seconds per Golem for each level would only continue to climb after many consecutive plays. Ultimately, if you have a lot of water skylanders play Boney Islands.
#27 Posted: 23:26:25 29/11/2013
This has been possibly the best topic I have seen posted on here in a while, because it helps those like myself that actually are getting figures to Gold Rank for Giants and Swap Force. I mainly only have my Undead Characters Gold Rank for Swap Force tho as I use the first Solo Survival to defeat Life Spell Punks fast.
---
#28 Posted: 01:47:53 30/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: I-Brawler
If anyone can confirm the quests missing are the same I would appreciate it so I can update the master list.

False. Hot Dog's changed. Jet Vac's changed. Although Prism Break's Quest Name is the Same, the Challenge is Different. Chop Chop's is different. Etc.

Here's another Quest that doesn't make sense in Swap Force: Drill Sergeant... so is Drill-X in this game--? Because if we simply "lift" the Giants quest it's defeat Drill-X without changing skylanders!

I've gone ahead and modified my post with the missing information from Giants, but it's clear to me that we cannot assume ALL OF THEM are the same given the above. I'd rather have a Skyfan confirm it, but since no one appears up to the task I'll update my post if no one steps up between now and Christmas.

This would've been EXCELLENT information to put in the Swap Force guide, but alas...they didn't see it fit to talk about skylanders that aren't being shipped with the game. It's a shame too, because they are altering quest requirements on a per game basis now and should've been included.
---
Edited 9 times - Last edited at 02:37:11 30/11/2013 by GhostRoaster
#29 Posted: 04:25:16 30/11/2013
That is why you can't take the guides as 100% for information and facts. It doesn't even mention all the characters that are in Swap Force.
---
#30 Posted: 05:08:02 30/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: WickedRogue
That is why you can't take the guides as 100% for information and facts. It doesn't even mention all the characters that are in Swap Force.

You completely misunderstood my post and what I was trying to convey. Re-start at the top.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:08:19 30/11/2013 by GhostRoaster
#31 Posted: 12:48:09 30/11/2013

False. Hot Dog's changed. Jet Vac's changed. Although Prism Break's Quest Name is the Same, the Challenge is Different. Chop Chop's is different. Etc.

Here's another Quest that doesn't make sense in Swap Force: Drill Sergeant... so is Drill-X in this game--? Because if we simply "lift" the Giants quest it's defeat Drill-X without changing skylanders!

I've gone ahead and modified my post with the missing information from Giants, but it's clear to me that we cannot assume ALL OF THEM are the same given the above. I'd rather have a Skyfan confirm it, but since no one appears up to the task I'll update my post if no one steps up between now and Christmas.

This would've been EXCELLENT information to put in the Swap Force guide, but alas...they didn't see it fit to talk about skylanders that aren't being shipped with the game. It's a shame too, because they are altering quest requirements on a per game basis now and should've been included.

No. I meant to say something like this. All of the versions of the same character have the same quests. ie: All of the Jet-Vacs have the same quest in Giants. They also have the same quest (they have the same quest among them)in Swap Force, though the quest itself has changed.
---
you never saw me
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#32 Posted: 12:54:35 30/11/2013
Well I checked Drill Sergeants - Drill Skill :- Defeat 10 Spell Punks with auto-blasters

Edit :- Hot Head - Buggy Breakthrough :- Travel 5000 feet in Hot Rod Mode
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:32:12 30/11/2013 by Kiroq
#33 Posted: 00:29:26 01/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Kiroq
Well I checked Drill Sergeants - Drill Skill :- Defeat 10 Spell Punks with auto-blasters

Edit :- Hot Head - Buggy Breakthrough :- Travel 5000 feet in Hot Rod Mode

Cool thanks I'll modify my original post.
---
#34 Posted: 00:30:55 01/12/2013 | Topic Creator

No. I meant to say something like this. All of the versions of the same character have the same quests. ie: All of the Jet-Vacs have the same quest in Giants. They also have the same quest (they have the same quest among them)in Swap Force, though the quest itself has changed.

That made completely no sense. You probably meant to say "All NAMES of the quests are the same, but the task itself is subject to change." I'm not here talking about the names now aren't I? I'm trying to communicate what needs to be done on each quest.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:31:29 01/12/2013 by GhostRoaster
#35 Posted: 00:15:20 02/12/2013

That made completely no sense. You probably meant to say "All NAMES of the quests are the same, but the task itself is subject to change." I'm not here talking about the names now aren't I? I'm trying to communicate what needs to be done on each quest.

*facepalm*

Okay, let me try to make this easier.

Yes, the quest's name hasn't changed, but that does not matter.

Swap Force:

Jet-Vac: travel 5000 feet while flying
Lightcore Jet-Vac: travel 5000 feet while flying
Legendary Jet-Vac: travel 5000 feet while flying

Giants:

Jet-Vac: suck up 50 birds
Lightcore Jet-Vac: suck up 50 birds
Legendary Jet-Vac: suck up 50 birds

Better?

---
you never saw me
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:16:48 02/12/2013 by I-Brawler
#36 Posted: 02:04:49 02/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Good point, I knew that any variant of a character had the same quest, but didn't communicate it in the post. Sorry about that.
---
Dragon-Master Blue Sparx Gems: 786
#37 Posted: 04:16:59 06/12/2013
I was wondering if anyone knew where is a good place is to complete Fire Kraken's quest.

I have tried several arena battles and I couldn't get the enemies close enough for it to work, also chompies don't count towards this quest. Also the strategy guide's advice is not really helpful.
---
Collection:
Spyro's Adventure & Giants - 98/99 (Royal Double Trouble)
Swap Force - 73/75 (Bumble Blast LC, QD Rattle Shake)
#38 Posted: 07:05:58 06/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Dragon-Master
I was wondering if anyone knew where is a good place is to complete Fire Kraken's quest.

I have tried several arena battles and I couldn't get the enemies close enough for it to work, also chompies don't count towards this quest. Also the strategy guide's advice is not really helpful.

Are you talking about this quest?

Fire Kraken: Don't Rain On My Parade: Knock Back Enemies 10 Times With Your One Use Of Your Parade Ability
---
#39 Posted: 07:40:50 06/12/2013
Yes, that quest. Can't seem to find any way of completing it.
---
Collection:
bluerosedruid Gold Sparx Gems: 2991
#40 Posted: 23:31:37 07/12/2013
love this topic, to put my two cents in on one of these quests, I found that If you jump into the pool at the center of woodburrow with an air skylander it completes the Geronimo! quest, you can then go to the exit, swap out air-landers and repeat the process again. Did all my air-landers in about 5 minutes that way

Can someone with some stroke get this topic a STICKY please, this has been an extremely useful topic, the first one i have seen here in a while
---
Imagination is the power ? Hell yeah!!! save the franchise TFB
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:33:22 07/12/2013 by bluerosedruid
#41 Posted: 00:03:43 08/12/2013
Also, Geronimo! can be completed when Kaos spits you out of his mouth and into his head. For those Wii users that can't jump in the pool.
---
you never saw me
#42 Posted: 01:17:29 08/12/2013
So the hardest ones so far are still Fire Kraken and Free Ranger?
---
#43 Posted: 01:53:09 08/12/2013
Free Ranger is actually very easy. Just go into a chompy filled arena and do his first attack without stopping. Eventually it just comes up even if you didn't hit an enemy with every swing. So long as you don't stop mashing that button until you've eventually hit the required number of enemies, you're fine even if you swing and miss a lot.
---
#44 Posted: 02:25:37 08/12/2013
Yeah, Free Rangers is nothing compared to Fire Kraken's. As Eggers said, you just have to hit a few enemies but not stop swinging.

Also I noticed that Drill Sergeant's Drill Skill quest can get tricky for a fully upgraded S2 Drill Sergeant, as only the orange auto-blaster shots count for it.
---
Collection:
#45 Posted: 14:05:34 08/12/2013
Quote: Dragon-Master
Yeah, Free Rangers is nothing compared to Fire Kraken's. As Eggers said, you just have to hit a few enemies but not stop swinging.

Also I noticed that Drill Sergeant's Drill Skill quest can get tricky for a fully upgraded S2 Drill Sergeant, as only the orange auto-blaster shots count for it.

What.
---
you never saw me
bluerosedruid Gold Sparx Gems: 2991
#46 Posted: 17:05:06 09/12/2013
OP should request a sticky on this topic in the title, maybe a MOD will notice it and realize how useful this topic is, On topic thanks for the tip on Drill Sergeant, now I realize why it is not registering most of my kills
---
Imagination is the power ? Hell yeah!!! save the franchise TFB
#47 Posted: 20:12:41 09/12/2013
I found a way around the problem for S2 Drill Sergeant. If you do a bonus mission or arena battle with lots of chompies it should work as every second shot fired from the auto-blaster is orange and chompies are guaranteed to be defeated by any damage.

I am always checking quests to see if there are any more tricky ones. If I encounter any issues with quests, I'll have them posted.
---
Collection:
#48 Posted: 04:24:20 10/12/2013
@GhostRoaster - I noticed the following errors in individual Skylander quests.

Flameslinger - Circular Combustion Eat 50 Hamburgers. I found a lot in Golem Invasion Bonus Mission by the way.

Wrecking Ball - Competitive Eater Defeat 100 Chompies with Digestive Detonation. Do this in Angry Angry Plants Battle Arena.

Voodood - Trackwire Defeat 50 enemies with your tripwire.

Ignitor - Tinder Trekker Deal 50,000 damage with Mega Slam. This takes forever, so I suggest playing a battle arena, i.e. Angry Angry Plants, and solely using the mega-slam attack.

Sunburn - Immolation Itinerant Defeat 100 enemies using Immolation Teleport.

Slam Bam - Ice to Meet You Defeat 50 Greebles with your Artic Explosion.

Fright Rider - Delving Throw Defeat 50 enemies by dragging them underground.

Sprocket - Mined Your Step Defeat 50 enemies using the landmine golf attack.

Boomer - On a Troll Defeat 100 enemies with kicked Troll Bombs.

Bouncer - Stay on Target Deal 5,000 damage with your Fists of Destruction.

Stump Smash - Thornbark Bullseye Deal 1,000 damage with Thornbark.

Zook - Spore it On Deal 5,000 points of damage with the MIRV Mortar. This takes forever, it's not the initial attack but the three shells that shoot out from the mortar that count toward this total, and they only do around 10 damage, the reason it takes forever.

Dino-Rang - Fooderang Pick up 20 Fruit Kabobs. Just eat them, you don't have to throw your boomerang at them. I have seen fruit kabobs in Rampant Ruins, Angry Angry Plants Battle Arena from the food theif, and Chompy Challenge Bonus Mission. This one takes awhile, but swap him in once you come across a fruit kabob.

Lightning Rod - Current Event Defeat 50 Golems.

I didn't check Wham-Shell, Gill Grunt, Warnado, and all the Giants (except Bouncer). These should probably be double checked.
#49 Posted: 04:32:42 10/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks. If you'll note the responses above I make a specific mention that I was using the GIANTS quests of some of these simply because I haven't had the opportunity to verify this with Swap Force. You are actually the first person to give me feedback since I made the post mid October.

I'll make these changes now.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:33:09 10/12/2013 by GhostRoaster
#50 Posted: 05:21:34 10/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Created third post now to start summarizing strategies communicated here. Enjoy! Please provide additional / new strategies ...
---
Page 1 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me