Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 19 of 24 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
New Frito-Lay Promo! [CLOSED]
cbunny84 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1403
#901 Posted: 01:15:17 15/11/2013
Wow. That is frustrating. Oh! If anyone got a Family Dollar around, I found bags there. Wasn't even looking for them. I'm sticking to my one bag and freeby code... I wonder how many times ive typed that dumb code!
---
new edition: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#902 Posted: 01:19:45 15/11/2013
Imo...codes don't matter. Its timing
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
TheGooch Blue Sparx Gems: 709
#903 Posted: 01:35:50 15/11/2013
I think that it is abundantly clear with this promotion and with the Fright Rider promotion (speaking only regarding these two as they are the ones that I have experience with mailing postcards in for free codes) that Frito-Lay does everything that they can to stall the process. Perhaps it is their way of giving the "paying" customers a better chance at getting the figures. I can't say that I don't blame Frito for doing this but at the same time it is kinda deceitful. Sure it doesn't say in the terms and conditions of the promotion when you will get your codes if you mail in for free ones, at the same time I don't think that people who mailed in for codes should be expected to wait until a few days before the promotion end date to get them either.
---
http://www.ghostery.com/ Knowledge + Control = Privacy
My new favorite web browser add-on.
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#904 Posted: 01:40:50 15/11/2013
Quote: TheGooch
I think that it is abundantly clear with this promotion and with the Fright Rider promotion (speaking only regarding these two as they are the ones that I have experience with mailing postcards in for free codes) that Frito-Lay does everything that they can to stall the process. Perhaps it is their way of giving the "paying" customers a better chance at getting the figures. I can't say that I don't blame Frito for doing this but at the same time it is kinda deceitful. Sure it doesn't say in the terms and conditions of the promotion when you will get your codes if you mail in for free ones, at the same time I don't think that people who mailed in for codes should be expected to wait until a few days before the promotion end date to get them either.

Wouldn't that be illegal of them, considering the terms state that a purchase will not garuntee you better odds at winning (or something along those lines)? Sure you can say that everyone may have the same odds no matter how many play at one time, but I'd figure the more people playing the lower the odds of winning if they wait to the last days to pass out all those codes.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#905 Posted: 02:19:28 15/11/2013
Not really illegal, but they CAN make you jump through more hoops to get free emtries. Mail in a card on this exact size index card and wait for it to come back. Publishers Clearing House has this down to a science, if you buy a magazine then BAM you are entered - if you don't, you have to use this stamp in this location and this other one in this spot facing this direction and mail it to this other address, and so on. If they send you the code late you still have the same chance as someone buying a bag - at that point in time. XXXX number of prizes, one win per fifteen minutes - all they have to do is make sure you can only participate in the last few sets of fifteen minutes.

Now, realistically, I doubt they are doing that, it simply isn't worth the effort, even people that don't buy the bags are taking part in their advertising, which is the whole point of the contest. What is more likely is they simply collect them and send them out all at once (or in batches) - you wouldn't do that one at a time, or have a guy sending them out as they came in. Gather them up, do the data entry at one time and send them in a batch.
#906 Posted: 02:37:00 15/11/2013
Quote: defpally
Not really illegal, but they CAN make you jump through more hoops to get free emtries. Mail in a card on this exact size index card and wait for it to come back. Publishers Clearing House has this down to a science, if you buy a magazine then BAM you are entered - if you don't, you have to use this stamp in this location and this other one in this spot facing this direction and mail it to this other address, and so on. If they send you the code late you still have the same chance as someone buying a bag - at that point in time. XXXX number of prizes, one win per fifteen minutes - all they have to do is make sure you can only participate in the last few sets of fifteen minutes.

Now, realistically, I doubt they are doing that, it simply isn't worth the effort, even people that don't buy the bags are taking part in their advertising, which is the whole point of the contest. What is more likely is they simply collect them and send them out all at once (or in batches) - you wouldn't do that one at a time, or have a guy sending them out as they came in. Gather them up, do the data entry at one time and send them in a batch.

I get what you are saying about this but it seems awful fishy to me that I mailed my postcard requests soon after the Fright Rider promotion started and I didn't actually get my codes emailed to me until a couple of days ago. I called a week and a half after I mailed for my codes and was given them over the phone. There have been many people on this forum that share the same experience. I think that people also have to understand though that this Rattle Shake promotion seems to be much more heavily distributed than the Fright Rider one. The Rattle Shake bags have been found throughout Walmart stores while it wasn't until recent that the Fright Rider bags have been found at National chains like TRU.
---
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#907 Posted: 03:03:55 15/11/2013
I am not sure if they necessarily printed more of the Quickdraw Rattle Shake bags than the Fright Rider bags. Maybe the Rattle Shake bags were just distributed more quickly around the country. I do agree that it seems that the Rattle Shake bags are more evenly distributed around the country. I only found the Fright Rider bags at Kroger and recently at Toys R Us. I never found any of them at Walmart or Target. In fact, my Kroger keeps getting more and more of the Fright Rider bags in. They have at least 50 still in stock and they were decently stocked throughout the entire promotion. If you didn't have a Kroger around or one of its affiliates, it was much more difficult to find success with the Fright Rider promotion, especially at the beginning of the promotion. It seems that the Quickdraw bags can be found pretty much everywhere around the country and at different chains. I guess we will learn if these bags are going to be readily available throughout the entire promotion or if they will run out part way through.
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#908 Posted: 04:01:59 15/11/2013
The only thing good that can come out of this crap with Frito-Lay recently is if Activision stops partnering with Frito-Lay.
Their contests are silly and annoying, and they really don't fit in with the franchise in my opinion.

I'd much rather see Activision partner with an entity that can actually conduct a contest/sweepstakes without screwing it up (how hard can it really be?), or just do away with partnerships with food companies.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
crstofer Emerald Sparx Gems: 4446
#909 Posted: 04:02:32 15/11/2013
Oh SNAP ! "I won a 2nd one !" I was just testing the water and won !
---
minecrafter Blue Sparx Gems: 852
#910 Posted: 13:19:16 15/11/2013
i think they should start this over, but of course too many people are going too wine.

yeah, I'm not gonna win one.

OH YEA!!! LETS PUT THE CODE OUTSIDE OF THE BAG SO PEOPLE KNOW WHERE TO FIND IT!!!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:22:42 15/11/2013 by minecrafter
#911 Posted: 15:45:31 15/11/2013
Honestly, I'd much rather they have promotions like last year's Hothead one. Have a figure you can buy in stores, but you can also enter to win one. It accomplishes the purpose of being a promotion, but also doesn't have everyone scrambling poisoning the well trying to get otherwise un-gettable stuff.
longsh0t Yellow Sparx Gems: 1293
#912 Posted: 16:44:22 15/11/2013
Honestly, I'd much rather they have promotions like last year's Hothead one. Have a figure you can buy in stores, but you can also enter to win one. It accomplishes the purpose of being a promotion, but also doesn't have everyone scrambling poisoning the well trying to get otherwise un-gettable stuff.

I like this idea a lot. The way the did the Sidekicks promotion wasn't bad either although I remember always seen opened bags with cut off UPS codes during the original Sidekick promo. >.<
---
E . · '/· . F
Your Tears Fuel Me
Trading Card List
Diggeh Emerald Sparx Gems: 3153
#913 Posted: 08:01:47 16/11/2013
After trying multiple times every day since it started, I finally won ONE for my family. Hope I never have to go through this again.
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#914 Posted: 10:13:58 16/11/2013
i won a second one this time with my email spelled correctly, yay! now im for sure im going to get at least 1. yay. 3-4am is a great time to play.
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#915 Posted: 15:03:15 16/11/2013
Why does it seem that some folks come off with the idea that this isn't a contest, with winners and losers, and, instead is some kind of "everyone sign up here for free stuff!' thing?
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#916 Posted: 23:58:58 16/11/2013
At this point its like play for free for a change to win free stuff
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#917 Posted: 01:43:22 17/11/2013
Quote: BahamutBreaker
The only thing good that can come out of this crap with Frito-Lay recently is if Activision stops partnering with Frito-Lay.
Their contests are silly and annoying, and they really don't fit in with the franchise in my opinion.

I'd much rather see Activision partner with an entity that can actually conduct a contest/sweepstakes without screwing it up (how hard can it really be?), or just do away with partnerships with food companies.

I agree.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#918 Posted: 05:28:25 17/11/2013
This promo sucks....
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#919 Posted: 06:46:00 17/11/2013
Yeah trixster...i have said that many times now....and ahhh no i still haven't won...the just ONE i would like to have. smilie ARRRGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#920 Posted: 10:28:49 17/11/2013
I have tried 9 times a day since this started and all hours of the day and nite. All I get is the dreaded sorry you are a loser try again tomorrow. Oh well I will keep playing until this ends. I won 4 Halloween Fright Rides though. I wish all of us non winners good luck I only want to win just one! Why could this be like side kicks prom here is five dollars just sell me the dang toy. I would have mailed in 2 upc codes and a MO for $5.00 to Frito Lays to do so. From what I have seen figure wise at my TRU I don't think we are going to have any shortages of finding Swap Force Figures they had dozens of all most each figure. Good luck all tried of my codes not doing a dang bit of good winner ever 15 minutes ok seems like loser ever 15 minutes for me.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
cbunny84 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1403
#921 Posted: 18:32:13 17/11/2013
I wish this wasn't an in-game variant so I could just get a spare and custom paint it to look like quickdraw.
---
new edition: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#922 Posted: 18:46:54 17/11/2013
Quote:
I would have mailed in 2 upc codes and a MO for $5.00 to Frito Lays to do so.

I would have gladly sent them $15 bucks for the damn thing....By the Way....I HATE THIS PROMO!!!!! smilie
Ehhh...all us non-winners can hope they do what they did for Gnarly Tree Rex....and single pack him sometime next year.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:48:35 17/11/2013 by Phoenix_Lord
JetVac96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1973
#923 Posted: 18:47:58 17/11/2013
I'm just hoping he'll be released later...I don't have the patience or the time to enter 6 emails every day...
---
"Sucks to be you!" - Jet Vac
crstofer Emerald Sparx Gems: 4446
#924 Posted: 18:58:42 17/11/2013
My wife hit the back button to the fritolay site and put in the code from this site and won another one on her first attempt. Wtf? It took my about 100 tries to win the 2 I wanted for gifts. This contest is the worst to date. Guide luck! Let the novice try.. Hell they might have the luck..
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:59:14 17/11/2013 by crstofer
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#925 Posted: 13:46:18 18/11/2013
I just won my 4th one so that takes care of family in trying to get them for. Maybe a few friends now is all I need to do so.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Gameboys Green Sparx Gems: 204
#926 Posted: 17:38:05 18/11/2013
I won 2 still trying for 2 more though. I do agree this promotion was the worst one frito lay has run. I liked the way they ran the sidekicks promo the best!
---
My Skylander Youtube.... http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx72nVwxtrMYX2Lbo3z10Xg
deantjeep Green Sparx Gems: 403
#927 Posted: 18:20:38 18/11/2013
Finally won one for my daughter this weekend! I have been trying 3 times per day since the promotion began. I hope everyone gets at least one for their collection. Good Luck!
bluerosedruid Gold Sparx Gems: 2991
#928 Posted: 04:16:01 20/11/2013
I won a second one finally, I plan on trying to trade it for Jade Fire Kraken
---
Imagination is the power ? Hell yeah!!! save the franchise TFB
diempower Yellow Sparx Gems: 1170
#929 Posted: 21:44:47 20/11/2013
I finally won one today
#930 Posted: 21:16:57 21/11/2013
I hope they get these mailed out before Christmas!
---
My Skylander Youtube.... http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx72nVwxtrMYX2Lbo3z10Xg
#931 Posted: 21:29:42 21/11/2013
Quote: Gameboys

Won't happen if it is handled like the Fright Rider promo. End date for Rattle Shake is 12/31 and they will probably all ship out around that time. Has anybody found it easier to win now that the contest has had time to die down a little?
---
portalflip Blue Sparx Gems: 728
#932 Posted: 21:34:02 21/11/2013

Won't happen if it is handled like the Fright Rider promo. End date for Rattle Shake is 12/31 and they will probably all ship out around that time. Has anybody found it easier to win now that the contest has had time to die down a little?

It may also have to do with most, if not all, potential winners receiving a verification email.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#933 Posted: 21:43:56 21/11/2013
Their Privacy Policy states they can send you offers, even for third parties - but you can opt out. So if you do this, brace for impact!

You Rubble Rouser, you.

Quote: mastermc54
They're more likely to investigate the clown on Ebay who has a ton of Pumpkin Fright Riders listed for resale.

Wishful thinking, I think. I'm happy SOMEONE was able to win. I struck out of that promotion. $40-$50 is reasonable I think---although some have gone as cheap as $35.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 21:46:32 21/11/2013 by GhostRoaster
Ammerin Green Sparx Gems: 280
#934 Posted: 22:14:32 21/11/2013
Quote: portalflip

It may also have to do with most, if not all, potential winners receiving a verification email.

We were supposed to receive a verification email? I haven't, and several reps have confirmed that my wins are in the system. Should I be worried?
czs716 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1440
#935 Posted: 22:25:15 21/11/2013
Quote: Ammerin

We were supposed to receive a verification email? I haven't, and several reps have confirmed that my wins are in the system. Should I be worried?

I dont know where this "most if not all" thing came from, as I have not received an email regarding my two wins either.
---
Available for trade: NIB Walmart Exclusive Drill Sergeant (Not Red), NIB Granite Crusher. PM if interested.
#936 Posted: 22:30:12 21/11/2013
Quote: czs716
Quote: Ammerin

I dont know where this "most if not all" thing came from, as I have not received an email regarding my two wins either.

It may not be every winner but I've received them for my past 2 wins and others in this thread have as well. It is not necessary to receive the email if you're a winner but if they decide to send you one you'll want to make sure you're using a valid email address so you know to verify your win.
artican Blue Sparx Gems: 501
#937 Posted: 22:32:56 21/11/2013
the only time i got it was when i didnt finish the claim info
#938 Posted: 22:38:42 21/11/2013
Please let's not stop the confirmation email frenzy again. I doesn't happen. You will only get an email if you don't complete you mailing information directly after notification that you won.
---
#939 Posted: 22:42:03 21/11/2013
Please let's not stop the confirmation email frenzy again. I doesn't happen. You will only get an email if you don't complete you mailing information directly after notification that you won.

So your stance is that I failed to fill out my address twice?
#940 Posted: 23:00:04 21/11/2013

Did you win early on? I think that is one of the common links, most that got an email won in the first couple days before they sorted out the re-usable code. Also it might have something to do with your address, is it on a new street and not listed as valid on GoogleMaps/MapQuest? Is there something unusual, the win form only has one line for address, did you have to put in an apartment number/suite or something? Or is it a PO Box? There are lots of reasons they may need to verify short of someone not submitting an address.

I agree with you though, use a valid email, because they could always have a mess up and need to confirm it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:04:02 21/11/2013 by defpally
#941 Posted: 23:01:56 21/11/2013

Apparently. What are exact words in the confirmation email? Could you post an edited image if the email omitting any sensitive info?
---
#942 Posted: 23:04:59 21/11/2013
Apparently. What are exact words in the confirmation email? Could you post an edited image if the email omitting any sensitive info?

It was posted a few pages ago, nothing really notable about it or anything to indicate what the problem is - they just want you to re-submit it.
#943 Posted: 23:06:13 21/11/2013

Quote:
CONGRATULATIONS!

You were identified as a potential winner in the 2013 Frito-Lay/Skylanders® Rattle Shake Instant-Win Game, pending verification against the Official Rules.

Please go to Skylanders® Rattle Shake Instant-Win Game within 10 days to redeem your prize. Allow 8-10 weeks after verification to receive your prize.

On behalf of Frito-Lay, Inc., thanks for participating in the promotion!

And I can assure you that both times I successfully entered my correct address. smilie
#944 Posted: 23:08:32 21/11/2013

Did you win early on? I think that is one of the common links, most that got an email won in the first couple days before they sorted out the re-usable code. Also it might have something to do with your address, is it on a new street and not listed as valid on GoogleMaps/MapQuest? Is there something unusual, the win form only has one line for address, did you have to put in an apartment number/suite or something? Or is it a PO Box? There are lots of reasons they may need to verify short of someone not submitting an address.

I agree with you though, use a valid email, because they could always have a mess up and need to confirm it.

I won once early on and didn't receive a verification email. I also didn't receive any from the Fright Rider contest. I'm hoping that this is an added precaution by Frito-Lay since this contest is so easily exploited. We're of the same mindset on people needing to be mindful of their entries. smilie
#945 Posted: 23:32:31 21/11/2013
I have won 8 times so far on this promotion and never once got a confirmation email. I guess I am not saying that it hasn't happened but I have only heard of a handful of people saying that it did but never saw anything proving it.
---
madtyger Green Sparx Gems: 366
#946 Posted: 00:36:20 22/11/2013
I can't win this one for the life of me. I'm using 20 emails at various times of the day, every day. smilie
Like someone said, I'd prefer the Hothead promos over this. I'd rather try to win something I can buy than not win something I have to pay scalpers for.
---
Figures to trade: Quickdraw Rattle Shake (2), Easter Fryno, Easter Punk Shock
#947 Posted: 01:49:26 22/11/2013
They wont send emails because I guarantee half the winners used a fake email and they are not going to extend the contest until they find 3 thousand real ppl/emails. I won 4....2 with real emails and have not been sent a thing! I would really like to see a screen shot of this so called email!
---
#948 Posted: 02:02:03 22/11/2013
They wont send emails because I guarantee half the winners used a fake email and they are not going to extend the contest until they find 3 thousand real ppl/emails. I won 4....2 with real emails and have not been sent a thing! I would really like to see a screen shot of this so called email!

I don't know why this is such an issue for people here. Here is the email. Do you still think I'm lying about having to verify my win and posting about it here in order to make sure that others are on the look out in case they need to do the same?

[User Posted Image]

And they're not going to extend the contest. The emails are being generated as the win is recorded. And what happens if someone doesn't respond? Check out section 7 of the contest rules.

Quote:
Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.

No one here is trying to scare anyone but this unfounded skepticism needs to go away.

Edit: The bottom line here is that these emails are real. When you enter use a real email address and watch your email just in case you are flagged and need to verify your win.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:03:39 22/11/2013 by portalflip
#949 Posted: 02:05:47 22/11/2013

I don't know why this is such an issue for people here. Here is the email. Do you still think I'm lying about having to verify my win and posting about it here in order to make sure that others are on the look out in case they need to do the same?

[User Posted Image]

And they're not going to extend the contest. The emails are being generated as the win is recorded. And what happens if someone doesn't respond? Check out section 7 of the contest rules.

Quote:
Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.

No one here is trying to scare anyone but this unfounded skepticism needs to go away.

O Crap! Well this is unfortunate. Guess I might only get 2 of my 4!
---
#950 Posted: 02:23:40 22/11/2013
I think it is perfectly justifiable to question the email as this has not been something done by them in the past (as far as I know). While I agree that in most cases people do tend to jump on the "pictures or it didn't happen" mindset when news and rumors come up. I think asking for more information on something that historically hasn't happened before from somebody who appears to be in the know shouldn't be viewed so negatively. Bottom line is I think many people on here appreciate the extra step you took to provide us more solid proof of this occurring, I know that I do.
---
First | Previous | Page 19 of 24 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me