Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 15 of 24 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 22 23 24
New Frito-Lay Promo! [CLOSED]
Moondrake Yellow Sparx Gems: 1032
#701 Posted: 06:35:03 08/11/2013
Quote: Zer0
Quote: Moondrake

There's no rule against it. It's once a day per e-mail address and limited to four wins per household.

Once you put in an email address and lose you can't use it the rest of the day. Why would they let use it again if you win?? That makes sense.... No, wait it doesn't.

What doesn't make sense is that sentence. Read the contest rules. You can enter once per day, per e-mail address and the only limit is that you can only win four per person/household. There is no rule against all four winning entries coming from the same e-mail address. That's something you've misinterpreted.

No, I misinterpreted largemarges use of the word "address". I thought she meant e-mail address not physical home address.
artican Blue Sparx Gems: 501
#702 Posted: 14:45:22 08/11/2013
ok so i have won 3 so far (1 for son)(1 for daughter)(1 not to be opened) been very lucky. i have 1 more i can win for my household. i don't need the 4th if i win but would be willing to trade for some other special variants i need. I have alot of time on my hands so i stay on the site at early times in the morning so i could possibly win the 4th i have won one every other night so my chances of getting the 4th are high. if you have any variants (or anything i might be interested in) that you may want to trade for it PM me.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:46:15 08/11/2013 by artican
SiraRaven Green Sparx Gems: 412
#703 Posted: 14:57:58 08/11/2013
I spent 45 minutes last night trying different e-mail address variants (over 150 modifications of my gmail address) with no success. I'll probably try some more in the future, but man was that frustrating. x_x
wickedrunt Yellow Sparx Gems: 1161
#704 Posted: 14:58:42 08/11/2013
Ok I won my "ONE" Rattle Shake but people saying they won two, three, or four is just not right! If like they said there is only 5000 why are they letting more than one house hold allowed to have more than one. I can maybe and this is a stretch want two one opened and one to save but three or four that's just as bad as being a scalper!
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#705 Posted: 15:04:22 08/11/2013
I don't know about "scalper" necessarily (although I'm sure they are out there getting them too), but I agree, lots of people aren't getting any and the pool of them is being drained by people getting one for every breathing member of their household. It is frustrating. It's a contest giveaway, not an all you can eat buffet. Every extra one you win takes one out of the hands of someone else.
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#706 Posted: 16:36:54 08/11/2013
It's a worthwhile discussion, perhaps, but really, if the contest limit is 4 per household, then you know there will be some people who get 4. We'll have the people who sell them. We'll have the people who get "extras" to use in future trades for other rare items. We'll have the straight-up hoarders. We'll have the people who can't get their kids to share, so they need multiples. We'll have the collectors who like to hang one on the wall, still in its box. We'll have the folks who are obsessed enough to own more than one so that they can "do both upgrade paths".

I don't condone any of the above, necessarily. It's just that some people are gonna do what they're gonna do, and they each have a reason in their minds that justifies it, regardless of whether that reasoning is morally reprehensible or not.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
czs716 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1440
#707 Posted: 16:45:01 08/11/2013
I need four. Not four for me, but I have four people that all play skylanders that I am trying to win one for. I'm the only one doing the entries. What's the difference in me winning the four myself or all of us entering until we win one? I'm not winning any extra ones, just one for those who wants it, which happens to be four. So am I eating at the buffet?
---
Available for trade: NIB Walmart Exclusive Drill Sergeant (Not Red), NIB Granite Crusher. PM if interested.
#708 Posted: 16:52:33 08/11/2013
Quote: wickedrunt
Ok I won my "ONE" Rattle Shake but people saying they won two, three, or four is just not right! If like they said there is only 5000 why are they letting more than one house hold allowed to have more than one. I can maybe and this is a stretch want two one opened and one to save but three or four that's just as bad as being a scalper!

Rules state (4) per household when you have 2 kids each wanting one and then I collect the skylander so i want one to put up for my collection and if i do win another it will be for only trading purposes for something i am looking for to complete my collection.
cbunny84 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1403
#709 Posted: 16:58:25 08/11/2013
Found the bags finally so I bought one... I know it says "on the front" of bag. I don't see a code ANYWHERE. is it possibly to pull off these codes or something?
---
new edition: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
jayemsee Green Sparx Gems: 208
#710 Posted: 17:04:05 08/11/2013
It's on the lower right, by the expiration date. 11 digit number.
---
Hijacking Rainbows™
#711 Posted: 17:06:05 08/11/2013
Quote: cbunny84
Found the bags finally so I bought one... I know it says "on the front" of bag. I don't see a code ANYWHERE. is it possibly to pull off these codes or something?

on some bags it is on a white sticker with the expiration date but on other u have to look close and find the exp date printed on the bag then look real and i mean real close for a 11 digit manufacturer code that blends in with the bag colors
cbunny84 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1403
#712 Posted: 17:07:36 08/11/2013
Just found it. Not a winner. Foo. I wanted the bag anyways. But I will try again. It was Soooo hard to see it.
---
new edition: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#713 Posted: 17:11:51 08/11/2013
Quote: cbunny84
Just found it. Not a winner. Foo. I wanted the bag anyways. But I will try again. It was Soooo hard to see it.

yea those codes are reusable 1 time per day per person/email address so if you have another email address you can try it again smilie
#714 Posted: 17:47:51 08/11/2013
Quote: BahamutBreaker
It's a worthwhile discussion, perhaps, but really, if the contest limit is 4 per household, then you know there will be some people who get 4. We'll have the people who sell them. We'll have the people who get "extras" to use in future trades for other rare items. We'll have the straight-up hoarders. We'll have the people who can't get their kids to share, so they need multiples. We'll have the collectors who like to hang one on the wall, still in its box. We'll have the folks who are obsessed enough to own more than one so that they can "do both upgrade paths".

I don't condone any of the above, necessarily. It's just that some people are gonna do what they're gonna do, and they each have a reason in their minds that justifies it, regardless of whether that reasoning is morally reprehensible or not.

I get that sometimes getting kids to share is difficult, I have two boys and they frequently want the same game/figure at the same time, despite having ample choices. But, think about this, does the happiness they have when you can make them both happy at the same time outweigh not being able to please EITHER of them when someone else is luckier or gets there first? Karma is like that.

I'm just saying people's tune would change if they were not on the winning end of multiple. Just like the people that think it is A-Ok to buy 3 or 4 of a variant in the store, then later complain when THEY cannot find a different figure or variant. You know, all of us would have a better shot at all of the opportunities if people didn't feel the need to hit the well multiple times when they were on the "lucky" end. I guess it is hard to put yourself in other people's shoes - seems to be a common problem these days, as long as I get MINE everything is fine.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:48:08 08/11/2013 by defpally
#715 Posted: 17:57:48 08/11/2013
Quote: defpally

I get that sometimes getting kids to share is difficult, I have two boys and they frequently want the same game/figure at the same time, despite having ample choices. But, think about this, does the happiness they have when you can make them both happy at the same time outweigh not being able to please EITHER of them when someone else is luckier or gets there first? Karma is like that.

I'm just saying people's tune would change if they were not on the winning end of multiple. Just like the people that think it is A-Ok to buy 3 or 4 of a variant in the store, then later complain when THEY cannot find a different figure or variant. You know, all of us would have a better shot at all of the opportunities if people didn't feel the need to hit the well multiple times when they were on the "lucky" end. I guess it is hard to put yourself in other people's shoes - seems to be a common problem these days, as long as I get MINE everything is fine.

no i wish everyone luck, but i have a son and daughter son 9 daughter 12 so trying to get them to share same one is like pulling teeth. also when i buy these at stores my wallet has to do double of each so getting a few variants for the cost of the chips is a load off my wallet.
AkuSparxAku Green Sparx Gems: 488
#716 Posted: 18:08:36 08/11/2013
i havebeen losing 10 times per day. its a nightmare. im just trying ti win one and only one for my gf for her xmas gift. she realy loved the variant and the poem on the back of the bag. this is getting ridiculous. the minute i win once im freakin done. after i post up that ive won 1 time then youll all have one less person trying to get one.fright rider was easier than this for petes sake
---
The stormchase continues... Hunting crystal clear and stone whirlwinds
Sivadreamer Gold Sparx Gems: 2821
#717 Posted: 18:10:11 08/11/2013
Quote: artican

no i wish everyone luck, but i have a son and daughter son 9 daughter 12 so trying to get them to share same one is like pulling teeth. also when i buy these at stores my wallet has to do double of each so getting a few variants for the cost of the chips is a load off my wallet.

I agree with this! I buy multiple of each figure (for each child and myself). We all play, and really I get how kids need to share but in my case each child lives in separate households...making it a bit trickier to share. I think the whole contest blows, there are SO many ways this could've worked better. For starters limit the amount to two, make it vouchers like sidekicks, produce more than 5000, or just plain release these in stores! If this were a physical variant, and not an in-game variant (and necessary on the 3DS to get 100%) I'm sure demand wouldn't be so high. I know I have no interest in Pumpkin Fright Rider, as I've talked to others who feel the same way.
---
How many crystals should I buy VS how many will I buy!?
LoveProfusion15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1701
#718 Posted: 18:28:08 08/11/2013
I won 2, one to display and one to open. I may play again later in the contest for a third for trading purposes since I never found the fright rider bags.
nonresponsive Green Sparx Gems: 110
#719 Posted: 18:31:40 08/11/2013
I agree. The Pumpkin fright Rider promo was executed in a more beneficial way. This promo does not require any Frito-Lay product to be purchased or even write in for a code, thus invalidating the premise of the promotion.
And I am sooooooo used to seeing the 'Sorry' screen that I may suffer heart palpitations should I actually win one. Which is all I want.
Ah well, it is a contest nonetheless. And not everyone will win. I wish us all the best of luck.
jcraft Green Sparx Gems: 286
#720 Posted: 18:38:08 08/11/2013
I was able to lose just as efficiently at 4 am as I have at other times of the day.

I highly doubt they will run another promotion like they did this one, as there is zero incentive to buy the chips with the code on the outside, not to mention the logistical issues they seemed to have initially with reusable codes... I know I've spent 40-50 bucks on chips for both the giantkicks and fright rider promo bags, but very little on these bags.
#721 Posted: 18:39:10 08/11/2013

I'm sure everyone that is trying to win ONE for their kids or get a hard to find variant can just explain to them that they can't have one because teaching YOUR kids to share is hard and stuff. NONE is a much harder lesson to learn than sharing, by the way. By all means, help yourself to all the free stuff you can carry.

If you need to use your wallet to appease them over common, non-limited things, go for it - but when the supply is limited, try to think of others that might completely miss out. Thanks for the wish of luck, which field on the website do I enter that into to improve my chances? Oh, never mind - you already decreased it by helping yourself to three.

The limit per household needs to be ONE. If you need to hoard up for your Skylanders shrine, wait until they hit shelves.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:41:21 08/11/2013 by defpally
SkylanderPrime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1843
#722 Posted: 18:49:52 08/11/2013
I have tried many times every single day since this promotion has started and have had no luck at all. I was hoping to get two, but now I would be happy just winning one. I am hoping that serveral people on here who I helped get codes for the fright rider promotion would help me out by trading or selling me one of their extras if they win multiple. I was hoping it would come back around and others would help me out.
---
I'm Kind of a Big Deal!!!! Scotchy Scotch Scotch is my favorite flavor!
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#723 Posted: 18:49:54 08/11/2013
I don't believe either of these promos were fairly done. I never saw Fright Rider bags in my area until less than a month remained. The only distribution for a long time was to Krogers, of which I have none. Then we get Rattle Shake bags with poorly printed useless codes. As far as I'm concerned, they should stop frito lay promotions altogether. And that's coming from someone lucky enough to win both figures.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#724 Posted: 18:53:39 08/11/2013
This realy SUCKS!!!!....All i want is one, just ONE! And im using family e-mails to try to help...i have 8 now to use...but im still lossssing.
I sure hope they put this In-Game Variant in the stores next year.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Damore Green Sparx Gems: 358
#725 Posted: 19:00:38 08/11/2013
I'm very surprised that people are winning 3 to 4. How many times are they entering a day? I'm entering about 10 times per day and yet to win one. I need 2 one for me and one for my nephew. These type of give a ways are stupid. I would much rather pay the couple of dollars for shipping then this.
Lash Blue Sparx Gems: 820
#726 Posted: 19:04:11 08/11/2013
Finally won one at about 4:13 am EST. I was planning on getting a couple for my nieces, but it's not worth the hassle. I will stick with my one. Unless I happen to get bored late one night and get lucky again. Lol.
---
Lashie on Lost Islands.
#727 Posted: 19:13:07 08/11/2013
Quote: Damore
I'm very surprised that people are winning 3 to 4. How many times are they entering a day? I'm entering about 10 times per day and yet to win one. I need 2 one for me and one for my nephew. These type of give a ways are stupid. I would much rather pay the couple of dollars for shipping then this.

i am not doing anything any different than anyone on here, i use our families 4 email addresses and my 4 different codes. every morning around 2:00 am est i have just been on at the right time when i entered it. my first one was won the very first morning at 1:50am and that one got all screwed up since then that has been when i played.
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#728 Posted: 19:24:17 08/11/2013
Has there ever been an in game variant that you could not buy in the store (even if it was in a 3ds starter or iOS game)? What makes you think Quickdraw would be any different?
fuelbizkit Blue Sparx Gems: 890
#729 Posted: 19:29:55 08/11/2013
I just won one about half an hour ago using my second out of 3 email addresses. It's all random and the luck of the draw...
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#730 Posted: 19:30:20 08/11/2013

I like the above answer...it covers many of the scenarios involved as to what's going on. Just keep playing the game as a "matter of luck" instant win game rather than complaining about how you want just one and perhaps a second for a dog you encountered while on your family vacation to Transylvania last summer (which just so happened to look like Molten Hot Dog). I'm tired of reading about peoples' reasons for playing and winning and why they think they deserve one...nobody deserves anything from any online contest. If you don't win one, I'm sure you'll survive just fine with a regular Rattle Shake in your collection. And enough with the talk of chip codes...there is one posted in this thread that you can keep playing...there is no need for other codes. I have lost with every single one of my unique codes which I mailed in for - it shows that there isn't some different code out there that is unique and magical in helping you win. Good luck everybody.
wickedrunt Yellow Sparx Gems: 1161
#731 Posted: 19:33:22 08/11/2013
ok so i have won 3 so far (1 for son)(1 for daughter)(1 not to be opened) been very lucky. i have 1 more i can win for my household. i don't need the 4th if i win but would be willing to trade for some other special variants i need. I have alot of time on my hands so i stay on the site at early times in the morning so i could possibly win the 4th i have won one every other night so my chances of getting the 4th are high. if you have any variants (or anything i might be interested in) that you may want to trade for it PM me.

Yes but not everyone has alot of free time on there hands. Its called school, work, hobbies besides sitting around on a computer trying to win as many as possible! Yet I find it hard to win more than one if a lot more people are having a hard time just getting one, but I could be wrong!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:38:55 08/11/2013 by wickedrunt
fuelbizkit Blue Sparx Gems: 890
#732 Posted: 19:41:55 08/11/2013
Mastermc54, I was seriously writing the same type of message and figured why bother, but thank you for voicing what I'm sure many of us are thinking. It's a contest of randomness. No one is spiting you or making you lose on purpose...
#733 Posted: 19:53:17 08/11/2013
Quote: wickedrunt

Yes but not everyone has alot of free time on there hands. Its called school, work, hobbies besides sitting around on a computer trying to win as many as possible! Yet I find it hard to win more than one if a lot more people are having a hard time just getting one, but I could be wrong!

i did not say i spent all my time on the website when i won the others i only stayed on long enough at around 2 am est to enter my code with the 4 family emails then stopped what i said was i have alot of spare time if needed to win the 4th one for trading with someone. at this point i am done winning anymore unless someone wants to trade something that i may need. then the trade is basically for my time trying to win it in the next few weeks or months that it might take me to win the 4th one.
spyroj Green Sparx Gems: 360
#734 Posted: 20:24:21 08/11/2013
Quote: Snakeye127
Have a question here for anyone who have won. Did you get a confirmation email or anything of that nature sent to your winning email account? I'm just curious. Thanks for the responses.

They don't send e-mail confirmation, no.

In previous posts I saw someone mention they got a confirmation e-mail for either the Fright Rider or Rattle Shake.
In addition, I received a confirmation e-mail for my Fright Rider win.
The e-mail says you have 10 days to respond.

Amusingly when I went to the site to confirm, it didn't recognize the e-mail that I used to win (which was the one they sent the confirmation to in the first place). I ended up calling CSR and they could see the win in the database. So, there you go.

p.s.
You'll have to wait on the stats for Science Update #4 until Tuesday, but for a preview I'm 0 for 80ish smilie

edit to change my statement to confirmation E-MAIL (previously it said code, which was an incorrect statement)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:13:53 08/11/2013 by spyroj
#735 Posted: 20:40:35 08/11/2013
Man, I really just want to win one so I can make my "Will It Blend?" video. I'd hate to just have to blend Pumpkin Fright Rider by himself.
#736 Posted: 20:54:30 08/11/2013

I really do agree with you.
But, as you see in posts #714, #719, #720, #729, and #730 (and probably many others that I don't have time to dig up right now), a LOT of people on these forums either disagree or don't care.

I'd say that's a shame, but I'm thinking that if I am picking my battles, this one probably isn't worth fighting, because no matter how convincing or compelling the argument is against winning multiple Rattle Shakes, people are just gonna do it anyways.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
Zer0 Blue Sparx Gems: 996
#737 Posted: 20:56:40 08/11/2013
Quote: spyroj
In previous posts I saw someone mention they got a confirmation code for either the Fright Rider or Rattle Shake.

Amusingly when I went to the site to confirm, it didn't recognize the e-mail that I used to win (which was the one they sent the confirmation to in the first place). I ended up calling CSR and they could see the win in the database. So, there you go.

I haven't seen anyone mention anything about a confirmation code. Do you have a specific post you can reference? Also, I have yet to receive any kind of e-mail about either contest and I've used a couple of different e-mail addresses from different providers, so I'm positive it hasn't been filtered.
#738 Posted: 20:58:37 08/11/2013
^ agreed, Zer0.
I'm calling BS on what "spyroj" said in post #746.
---
#739 Posted: 21:06:50 08/11/2013
In previous posts I saw someone mention they got a confirmation code for either the Fright Rider or Rattle Shake.

I haven't seen anyone mention anything about a confirmation code. Do you have a specific post you can reference? Also, I have yet to receive any kind of e-mail about either contest and I've used a couple of different e-mail addresses from different providers, so I'm positive it hasn't been filtered.

I'm not going to dig thru this post and the Fright Rider but I could swear at least one other person mentioned getting a confirmation E-MAIL (confirmation code was the wrong term.)

Let me show you the e-mail and site

http://imgur.com/8YaezsW,QECstyj#0

The e-mail takes you to the URL - http://update.rewardpromo.com/halloween

Like I said, my e-mail wasn't found when I put it on there, but when I called the CSR number they had 2 of my 3 wins in their system. The other 1 was 2 days only so I'll assume it hadn't processed yet.
#740 Posted: 21:09:25 08/11/2013
I believe it was established that this email is only sent out if for some reason you don't enter your shipping address when you win. If you enter all your info correctly you will not receive anything.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#741 Posted: 21:09:58 08/11/2013

Calm down guys or else you'll start a panic. I did see a reference to a confirmation email, but that was only sent out to one person who won and did not complete the following screen which asks for your mailing address information. I wouldn't worry about it. It's sent out to the dumb ones who are in shock by the winning prompt and then don't proceed to fill out the requested information. I never received any for the Fright Rider promo, but I verified that they have the wins for me in the system. The guy can be telling the truth about the follow up email, but the rest of us were smart enough to fill out everything at the time of winning.
#742 Posted: 21:14:38 08/11/2013
Quote: mastermc54

Calm down guys or else you'll start a panic. I did see a reference to a confirmation email, but that was only sent out to one person who won and did not complete the following screen which asks for your mailing address information. I wouldn't worry about it. It's sent out to the dumb ones who are in shock by the winning prompt and then don't proceed to fill out the requested information. I never received any for the Fright Rider promo, but I verified that they have the wins for me in the system. The guy can be telling the truth about the follow up email, but the rest of us were smart enough to fill out everything at the time of winning.

Not trying to start a panic with my previous post, I changed it to say e-mail not code.
Zer0 Blue Sparx Gems: 996
#743 Posted: 21:17:42 08/11/2013
That most definitely is not a confirmation e-mail in the sense that people are asking about, then. It's a contingency e-mail used to make sure people who made an error don't get gipped out of their winnings. That is not the same thing.
#744 Posted: 21:18:22 08/11/2013
Quote: mastermc54

yes it is sent out only if you don't complete the ship info page done called them
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#745 Posted: 21:29:34 08/11/2013
I can confirm about the follow-up e-mail if you aren't able to get your info submitted for some reason (dropped internet connection, connection time out, closed the window, etc.) It's just a secondary precaution to help protect the winners.
CTFdad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1439
#746 Posted: 23:06:51 08/11/2013
Whoa in their disclaimer (yes I read it), it mentioned they are not liable for internet issues etc. It's good to hear they follow up on winners who did not enter their mailing info.

Also somewhere in there it mentioned screen captures can not be submitted as proof lol. It's something I automatically do when purchase stuff on the net.

Good luck ds members!
---
"Shut up and take my money already!"
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#747 Posted: 23:20:23 08/11/2013
Yeah, the problem with screen shots is that, early on, you could just go directly to the page that says "Oh, hey, you won!". It wouldn't let you continue to enter your info or anything, but anyone could get a screen shot from that page.

I just checked (and it's my first time even trying the contest since the first day) and they've changed some of how it's set up. It appears you can no longer cut straight to the "winner" page...
bilbobagins3 Gold Sparx Gems: 2869
#748 Posted: 00:55:19 09/11/2013
I just won at 7:47! Only want the 1 figure so I am now out. FYI, I have been using the code that was given in this thread, so basically winning this thing is kind of crazy. Reusable codes and phony email addresses mean people can just play indefinitely. Glad I won after less than a week.
---
I collect way more than just Skylanders and other video games, check it out.

http://ryanwm1.filmaf.com/
bigslam Yellow Sparx Gems: 1448
#749 Posted: 02:33:52 09/11/2013
I Won "gasp" I won I can't believe it smilie !!

By the way I won at 9:21
---
What should I do with these skylanders . I wonder ???
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#750 Posted: 03:06:29 09/11/2013
can someone tell me where the code is on the bag bought one today and cannot find it if not can someone post the number to reach frito lay at
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
First | Previous | Page 15 of 24 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 22 23 24

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me