Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 12 of 24 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 22 23 24
New Frito-Lay Promo! [CLOSED]
czs716 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1440
#551 Posted: 21:49:42 04/11/2013
So I keep getting "Invalid captcha" the first time, EVERY SINGLE TIME I enter even though it is correct. Then, it will refresh, give me the new one, and its fine. I still lose, but it happens every time on the first attempt. Anyone else having this problem?
---
Available for trade: NIB Walmart Exclusive Drill Sergeant (Not Red), NIB Granite Crusher. PM if interested.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#552 Posted: 22:04:52 04/11/2013
I have 1 code and like 13 e-mail addresses. I am determined 1 of these things!!!
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#553 Posted: 22:29:02 04/11/2013
Quote: Seiki
I have 1 code and like 13 e-mail addresses. I am determined 1 of these things!!!

I made 17 new emails (already had 3) and lost every time today... I Just want 1 of these things... omg I hate this promo.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#554 Posted: 22:36:00 04/11/2013
Quote: darkrai848

I made 17 new emails (already had 3) and lost every time today... I Just want 1 of these things... omg I hate this promo.

I already had all of them. smilie Thank you GaiaOnline for making me need a different email for each account.

I've lost 6 times so far. I'm gonna wait to try the others later. Logically if this is only in US, there should be certain times that people aren't playing.

This promo is stupid. I hate it so much but want a Quickdraw so bad.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#555 Posted: 00:41:51 05/11/2013
Lost again.
#556 Posted: 00:47:38 05/11/2013
Quote: ZapNorris
Lost again.

I'm in the same boat...
PS. love your avatar (pic)
Quicktroll Rattle Shake
---
Kickstarter:
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:51:14 05/11/2013 by darkrai848
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#557 Posted: 00:52:19 05/11/2013
Saw a bunch of GITD Rattle shake bags and got some Twinkies <3
Will tell you results soon (got 1 code wish me luck)

No win but I can confirm they are sold at safeway
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:57:27 05/11/2013 by Windumup
PurpleSnurple Yellow Sparx Gems: 1264
#558 Posted: 00:53:55 05/11/2013
Okay. I had to post because this is the most ridiculous instant win game Frito Lay has ever done. Just ONCE.... I say ONCE. What times have people been winning at? What I can't figure out is how the computer chosen time has changed for this game. Fright rider was easy because it was just the first person to enter a code at each interval. This one seems odd. Almost as bad of odds as the PS4 instant win game that I can't stop myself from losing over and over again!
#559 Posted: 00:56:29 05/11/2013
Quote: PurpleSnurple
Okay. I had to post because this is the most ridiculous instant win game Frito Lay has ever done. Just ONCE.... I say ONCE. What times have people been winning at? What I can't figure out is how the computer chosen time has changed for this game. Fright rider was easy because it was just the first person to enter a code at each interval. This one seems odd. Almost as bad of odds as the PS4 instant win game that I can't stop myself from losing over and over again!

LOL at least with the ps4 one you know 100% that if you don't win you can just buy 1 later...

at this point I would love to just give them $30 and use the time I spend on this promo to live my life.
---
Kickstarter:
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:57:55 05/11/2013 by darkrai848
#560 Posted: 00:59:14 05/11/2013
Nope. Grad Student..... smilie But I'll keep playing til my fingers fall off! At least I'm usually up working at crazy hours during the week... but this time it doesn't even seem to matter if it's 3, 4, or 5AM. I won fright rider on the first try at 4:30am.
#561 Posted: 00:59:24 05/11/2013

There is no way FR was the first person at each interval. Everyone who entered the first however long, all won.
---
Available for trade: NIB Walmart Exclusive Drill Sergeant (Not Red), NIB Granite Crusher. PM if interested.
#562 Posted: 01:03:35 05/11/2013
Quote: czs716

There is no way FR was the first person at each interval. Everyone who entered the first however long, all won.

What I meant was the first person to enter a code during each 15min interval won. It didn't seem to be a "computer chosen time" like it is this time. So I entered a code at 4:30am and won. Same night, my brother entered his code at 4:45am and won. done.
Trexroarr Gold Sparx Gems: 2219
#563 Posted: 01:05:18 05/11/2013
So are the codes unique or reuseable and if they are reuseable, what's the code? I don't feel like looking through all 12 pages... Thanks!
---
Skylanders Collection smilie
78 S1 + 37 S2 + 16 S3 + 1 S4 + 19 LC + 8 Minis + 12 G + 25 SF + 13 TM + 2 EE + 34 Traps + 39 Items = 284 + 11 Chase = 295 Total
LoveProfusion15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1701
#564 Posted: 01:05:46 05/11/2013
I'm so tired of entering over and over each day. I would like to know the odds and when people are winning. But...there are MANY days left for this promotion, so I will just keep at it. I just want 1.
#565 Posted: 01:12:08 05/11/2013
i just want one....

just give us the skylander...
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#566 Posted: 01:21:24 05/11/2013
Well its good they fixed the code mess...wish they would fix the rest of this horid promo. smilie I have 3 e-mail accounts...and lost with all 3...again. smilie
Im not making a sluu of accounts just for this figure, i do realy want one. But if i don't win before the end of this ****'in promo, can only hope they put him out in the stores next year...sometime. Like another member said "it is an In-Game Variant". Also it is needed for 100% in the 3DS.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
#567 Posted: 01:22:47 05/11/2013
Quote: Trexroarr
So are the codes unique or reuseable and if they are reuseable, what's the code? I don't feel like looking through all 12 pages... Thanks!

you can use each code once per day per email
AkuSparxAku Green Sparx Gems: 488
#568 Posted: 02:30:49 05/11/2013
Does this apply only to thechip codes or can we reuse the ones we got as replacements as well
---
The stormchase continues... Hunting crystal clear and stone whirlwinds
#569 Posted: 03:22:03 05/11/2013
Quote: plebeianprint
Quote: darkrai848

You are the reason we can't have nice things. I can't believe that you think this is acceptable. As the holiday approaches take some time to consider that theft, lying, manipulation and greed (all to get a toy) are not worth the cost to your self and to the rest of the fans that aren't so mercenary and sociopathic.

Could I point out that several people whom have called customer service were told by the reps that they can enter using as many email accounts as they have everyday? They've been telling everybody this, and that everybody in your house can win on the same day, but the max household limit is still 4. The reps basically opened the contest up to be a free-for-all after all of the complaints and fails. I don't think anyone should judge in this horrible contest situation. Especially since the rules state once per email address as well, and the reps are confirming it. It's not like they're taking anything away from other potential winners. They can still only win a max of 4 total for the whole contest.
plebeianprint Blue Sparx Gems: 676
#570 Posted: 03:35:07 05/11/2013
Yes. The promo is a mess. That said, they have literally lied and stolen to try to win a toy. That was before the promo opened to reuse codes. A bad promo doesn't justify that. If that person is 11 years old, it might be excusable, but I'm pretty sure that they're old enough to know better. Just because this is the internet doesn't mean that we should all embrace this and nod our heads.
#571 Posted: 03:44:56 05/11/2013
Yes. The promo is a mess. That said, they have literally lied and stolen to try to win a toy. That was before the promo opened to reuse codes. A bad promo doesn't justify that. If that person is 11 years old, it might be excusable, but I'm pretty sure that they're old enough to know better. Just because this is the internet doesn't mean that we should all embrace this and nod our heads.

How have they lied and stolen? The promo also opened the codes almost 24 hours ago, so there wasn't all that much time where they had any advantage, and obviously they haven't won either. For example, I called customer service on Sunday afternoon to let them know my codes didn't work on my chips and before I finished my sentence the guy put me on hold, and before he came back I had an email with a dozen unique codes in my inbox. He didn't say much. I think they were overwhelmed and just trying to get codes to people as fast as possible. If they got their codes in a similar manner, which I believe is what happened with almost everybody in this mess, it's not lying or stealing. It's a bad promotion trying to re-open the contest as fast as possible, with overwhelmed reps whom probably wish they'd been home sick that day and didn't want to even hear the stories of the callers anymore at that point.
plebeianprint Blue Sparx Gems: 676
#572 Posted: 03:53:09 05/11/2013

How have they lied and stolen? The promo also opened the codes almost 24 hours ago, so there wasn't all that much time where they had any advantage, and obviously they haven't won either. For example, I called customer service on Sunday afternoon to let them know my codes didn't work on my chips and before I finished my sentence the guy put me on hold, and before he came back I had an email with a dozen unique codes in my inbox. He didn't say much. I think they were overwhelmed and just trying to get codes to people as fast as possible. If they got their codes in a similar manner, which I believe is what happened with almost everybody in this mess, it's not lying or stealing. It's a bad promotion trying to re-open the contest as fast as possible, with overwhelmed reps whom probably wish they'd been home sick that day and didn't want to even hear the stories of the callers anymore at that point.

If you read earlier in the thread, Darkrai was stealing codes out of the general code pool, before Frito Lay changed the program. Darkrai also lied about it. Compound that with Darkrai's greed and manipulation of the system, and violating the official terms of the contest. When you add all this together, you end up with terrible behavior; Hence me calling them out on it.
#573 Posted: 04:03:01 05/11/2013

If you read earlier in the thread, Darkrai was stealing codes out of the general code pool, before Frito Lay changed the program. Darkrai also lied about it. Compound that with Darkrai's greed and manipulation of the system, and violating the official terms of the contest. When you add all this together, you end up with terrible behavior; Hence me calling them out on it.

I'd just leave everything to karma and stay out of it. It's none of my business and I don't really know what they've done/didn't do. Karma always seems to come around in its own way. smilie I've seen it many times around me. Like how jerks keep parking in the designated handicap space in my building because they think it's private residential property so "no big deal" and I have to watch the woman who needs it hobbling around but she doesn't complain. Then I come out the next morning and there's a big fat ticket on their windshield. Made my day. LOL! Or how I have to put up with listening to cheaters brag in my college courses, but then get a big smile when they end up on the bottom of the class anyways. With patience I'm sure I'll win my figure at some point, so who cares what they do.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#574 Posted: 04:04:23 05/11/2013

You gotta chill out and stop taking your frustration out on other forum members and accusing them of things! Face reality and accept that ALL instant win contests are like this with hundreds to thousands of people trying to win with multiple email addresses daily. I can bet than over 99% of entries in this contest will NOT be tied to an accompanying chip purchase or a single mail away for a code, so you have no grounds for accusations on lying and stealing. Face it...the internet isn't always fair. Go and read that "Frustrating Amazon sale" thread for another dose of reality about how things work online.
bluerosedruid Gold Sparx Gems: 2991
#575 Posted: 04:11:21 05/11/2013
I WON!!!!! Got home from work about 20 minutes ago and tried the codes that I had since they are able to be reused now, won on the third try (with my wife's email address, now its a free for all, but at least you have a chance to win this way, just gotta grind it out I guess. I am glad to have this over with, good luck to everyone else.
---
Imagination is the power ? Hell yeah!!! save the franchise TFB
#576 Posted: 04:16:24 05/11/2013
Quote: bluerosedruid
I WON!!!!! Got home from work about 20 minutes ago and tried the codes that I had since they are able to be reused now, won on the third try (with my wife's email address, now its a free for all, but at least you have a chance to win this way, just gotta grind it out I guess. I am glad to have this over with, good luck to everyone else.

What time did you play the winning code??? smilie Did you play all 3 times at once or wait 15mins between each for a new play period?
Zer0 Blue Sparx Gems: 996
#577 Posted: 04:16:35 05/11/2013
With regards to stealing, this is a "no purchase necessary" contest and it states in the rules that making a purchase does not increase your odds of winning.

Honestly, if anyone deserves people's frustration over this poorly designed promotion, it would be FritoLay. If I was inclined to express my frustration somewhere, that is probably where I would start.
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#578 Posted: 04:37:03 05/11/2013
are all chances for winning equal? or will i have better luck at 3am than 3pm.
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
Ammerin Green Sparx Gems: 280
#579 Posted: 05:08:55 05/11/2013
Anybody getting the "limit one entry per person per day" error when they haven't entered today? I am, and have no idea why.
#580 Posted: 05:19:32 05/11/2013
Quote: Ammerin
Anybody getting the "limit one entry per person per day" error when they haven't entered today? I am, and have no idea why.

There's a full 24 hour lockout on each e-mail address.
#581 Posted: 05:23:19 05/11/2013
Quote: Zer0

There's a full 24 hour lockout on each e-mail address.

That makes sense. I assumed that the lockout was based on when the day changes, not a full 24 hour period. I'll just wait til later then.
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#582 Posted: 05:25:55 05/11/2013
i just won. using an accidentally wrong email address. .coim right as i clicked submit i was like, OH DONT WIN I DID THAT WRONG. and then YOUVE WON. do you think that matters? i gave it my regular address and stuff. shouldnt matter right? :-\
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
#583 Posted: 05:27:19 05/11/2013
Quote: exosquad
i just won. using an accidentally wrong email address. .coim right as i clicked submit i was like, OH DONT WIN I DID THAT WRONG. and then YOUVE WON. do you think that matters? i gave it my regular address and stuff. shouldnt matter right? :-

You should probably call customer service tomorrow, they'll probably fix it for you.
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#584 Posted: 05:27:42 05/11/2013

You must have used the same email last night after midnight EST (10pm PST).
#585 Posted: 05:31:14 05/11/2013
Quote: dinoah2005

You must have used the same email last night after midnight EST (10pm PST).

I think I used my email at around 2, so I'm gonna try again after then.
#586 Posted: 05:46:05 05/11/2013
Omg I finally won... I wish every one else luck.
---
Kickstarter:
#587 Posted: 06:19:56 05/11/2013
Quote: exosquad
i just won. using an accidentally wrong email address. .coim right as i clicked submit i was like, OH DONT WIN I DID THAT WRONG. and then YOUVE WON. do you think that matters? i gave it my regular address and stuff. shouldnt matter right? :-\

It won't matter, since they don't actually use it to e-mail you. As long as you entered your mailing address correctly, you'll get your figure. Likely the e-mail address, birth date information, etc, are used for marketing purposes.
#588 Posted: 06:21:57 05/11/2013

What time did you play the winning code??? smilie Did you play all 3 times at once or wait 15mins between each for a new play period?

Won a little after 11 edt, played all three in a row and the last one popped a winner
---
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#589 Posted: 06:39:09 05/11/2013

Won a little after 11 edt, played all three in a row and the last one popped a winner

Were they 3 different codes or all the same codes?
#590 Posted: 07:08:04 05/11/2013
Stacking up more losses...
---
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6271
#591 Posted: 12:01:52 05/11/2013
I called and got 2 replacement codes after the longest time waiting but the 2nd one I entered I won! smilie
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
#592 Posted: 12:07:27 05/11/2013
Quote: AJAwesome
I called and got 2 replacement codes after the longest time waiting but the 2nd one I entered I won! smilie

I have no clue how people are winning this thing so easily. I must have played dozens of times after they opened up the codes and still nothing... not even at 4am on a tuesday! I give up. It seems like this time the computer really is generating random win times instead of the first person to enter a code in each 15min period like with fright rider.
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#593 Posted: 12:39:10 05/11/2013
If you look at the contest particulars, this contest has a computer-generated random time of day selected within each 15-minute window. The first person to enter a valid code AFTER that randomly-selected time is the winner for that 15-minute window.
So, yes, if you believe you're increasing your chances for winning by entering your code exactly at 15, 30, or 45 minutes past the hour, you're incorrect.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#594 Posted: 12:44:10 05/11/2013
Quote: Sivadreamer
So I re-tried the code I won with yesterday, and it said "Sorry you didn't win this time"....shouldn't it have given the code already used error!? I'm guessing Frito Lay reset all the codes, otherwise it woulda said used.

I received a new code for the one that I bought way back on 10/13, and won yesterday sometime after 4AM EST (I am an earlybird). First try! Kinda makes up for winning PFR on the 8th or 9th try (can't rem exactly which try won).

Not condoning anything here, but what terms of the contest did he violate?
#595 Posted: 13:28:34 05/11/2013
Quote: dinoah2005

Were they 3 different codes or all the same codes?

three different codes, but I guess I could have tries the same one from the sounds of it
---
Graz73 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3215
#596 Posted: 14:25:11 05/11/2013
I've been trying this from multiple email addresses and still no luck.

Hopefully those of us that win will back off for a while and let everyone have a chance to get one of these.

The good news is... there should only be around 200 figures given out so far, right? So those of us who are still loosing have a lot more days to try.
---
For Trade: EyeSmall, Punch Pop Fizz, Lava Barf Eruptor(black): PM to deal!
#597 Posted: 14:29:21 05/11/2013
^yes they are giving away over 5000 of them

Kinda off topic but who else is hoping that they don't so this kind of promo with jade fire kraken, or springtime triggs, or any of the other unreleased variants.
---
#598 Posted: 14:34:00 05/11/2013
What times are good for winning pacific time?
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#599 Posted: 15:08:15 05/11/2013
^yes they are giving away over 5000 of them

Kinda off topic but who else is hoping that they don't so this kind of promo with jade fire kraken, or springtime triggs, or any of the other unreleased variants.

I agree. Enough with the Frito-Lay promotions. If they're going to do this a lot, I'd prefer to see Activision hook-up with a food company that produces something healthier than chips/crisps. When I buy these bags for these promotions, I usually just end up donating the chips to shelters, and I almost feel badly about it, because I know the food isn't very nutritious at all. I guess it could be worse (like candy, or soda/pop), but still, thumbs down to a prominent game publisher promoting bad stereotypes and bad living habits by teaming up with potato chips.

Quote: ZapNorris
What times are good for winning pacific time?

Anytime, to be honest. One could make the argument that the wee hours of the morning (midnight until 2 AM Pacific?) might yield slightly better odds. I think people need to get some perspective though ... there's no need to panic about getting "shut out" of this promotion, as long as you're trying a couple times per week. There are over 5,000 of these Rattle Shakes that will be awarded in this contest. Since one is awarded per 15 minutes, that's 96 per day ... meaning you have at least 50 days worth of attempts still remaining.
If you're a die-hard strategist but don't want to wake up at 1:00 AM to enter a stupid code into a website, you might consider entering your codes during a time when USA-based internet traffic tends to be less, such as weekday mid-mornings (8:00 - 9:00 AM Pacific), or Friday evenings (6:00 - 8:00 PM Pacific). Picking a "good time" to enter a code guarantees nothing, though. There's still a random element of luck that you can not control.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
mordelack Green Sparx Gems: 483
#600 Posted: 15:12:58 05/11/2013
still trying
---
Regular figures: 100% Variant figures: 100% Working on Chase Variants.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:42:17 04/12/2013 by mordelack
First | Previous | Page 12 of 24 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 22 23 24

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me