Forum

Poll

Did you take part in the Spyro and Friends Grand Prix?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 6 of 24 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22 23 24
New Frito-Lay Promo! [CLOSED]
TheGooch Blue Sparx Gems: 709
#251 Posted: 00:41:02 30/10/2013
It wasn't the same as I previously posted, no. It is however a similar alpha numerical 11 digit code. The only 11 digit code that could be found on the bags.
---
http://www.ghostery.com/ Knowledge + Control = Privacy
My new favorite web browser add-on.
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#252 Posted: 00:48:32 30/10/2013
well I still have my little white sticker.
that is all I should need to enter right?
cuz I dont have the bag anymore smilie
TheGooch Blue Sparx Gems: 709
#253 Posted: 00:51:17 30/10/2013
Quote: Hazard335
^is the black printed code the same as the white sticker codes?


Some have the white sticker, some don't. If you got your sticker you are all set. The sack I got with the white sticker didn't have the black code near the expiration date.
---
http://www.ghostery.com/ Knowledge + Control = Privacy
My new favorite web browser add-on.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:54:19 30/10/2013 by TheGooch
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#254 Posted: 01:29:23 30/10/2013
Random thought - what if you have to mail in the code from the bag if you are a winner?
Kesrael Gold Sparx Gems: 2507
#255 Posted: 01:44:00 30/10/2013
Quote: UncleBob
Random thought - what if you have to mail in the code from the bag if you are a winner?



Good thought but at the same time, it wouldn't be hard to forge a sticker.
---
I'm Kesrael_V on Lost Islands! Add me!!
TheGooch Blue Sparx Gems: 709
#256 Posted: 01:52:55 30/10/2013
Quote: UncleBob
Random thought - what if you have to mail in the code from the bag if you are a winner?


What if a free code won from a post card? There wouldn't be anything to mail back to Frito-Lay for those winners.
---
http://www.ghostery.com/ Knowledge + Control = Privacy
My new favorite web browser add-on.
jstewie23 Blue Sparx Gems: 967
#257 Posted: 01:53:59 30/10/2013
This will run the same way as the Fright Rider giveaway.
---
Have extra Amazon FS, GITD FR, Pumpkin FR, Jade FW, Molten HD, TF Chop Chop, Scarlet Ninjini, QDRS
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#258 Posted: 02:02:25 30/10/2013
If they mail you a code back - or, perhaps, they'll have that code tied to your mailing address in their data base.

I dunno. Just trying to figure out how this crazy plan will work. smilie
wickedrunt Yellow Sparx Gems: 1161
#259 Posted: 17:33:21 30/10/2013
My local Target must of gotten them in cuz they were not there on Sunday and today the entire shelf was empty with the exception of the one I got. also my my sis found some at their target so i at least have two chances.
jcraft Green Sparx Gems: 286
#260 Posted: 18:16:01 30/10/2013
Site is live

The rules do specify one play per game code, which seems like an issue if the same code seems to be on batches of bags
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:34:31 30/10/2013 by jcraft
mordelack Green Sparx Gems: 483
#261 Posted: 18:35:30 30/10/2013
page now loads
---
Regular figures: 100% Variant figures: 100% Working on Chase Variants.
SkylanderPrime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1843
#262 Posted: 19:21:10 30/10/2013
So if the same code is on batches of bags, then I wonder if any number of people could use the same code one time?
---
I'm Kind of a Big Deal!!!! Scotchy Scotch Scotch is my favorite flavor!
MegaDozer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1887
#263 Posted: 19:21:33 30/10/2013
still no bags in Chicago and IN.
MegaDozer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1887
#264 Posted: 19:22:19 30/10/2013
Quote: SkylanderPrime
So if the same code is on batches of bags, then I wonder if any number of people could use the same code one time?

Lest try it, can I borrow a code?
TheGooch Blue Sparx Gems: 709
#265 Posted: 19:27:38 30/10/2013
Quote: MegaDozer
Quote: SkylanderPrime
So if the same code is on batches of bags, then I wonder if any number of people could use the same code one time?

Lest try it, can I borrow a code?


Shhhhh, it's a secret.
---
http://www.ghostery.com/ Knowledge + Control = Privacy
My new favorite web browser add-on.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:30:19 30/10/2013 by TheGooch
ds8466 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1357
#266 Posted: 19:36:23 30/10/2013
Found bags at Wal-Mart today and picked up a couple because my kids take them for lunch. All bags had the exact same 11 digit code on the front printed below the use by date.
Corn_Hornet Yellow Sparx Gems: 1982
#267 Posted: 19:49:08 30/10/2013
I found bags today at Walmart in Connecticut. All had the same code.
SkylanderPrime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1843
#268 Posted: 19:51:51 30/10/2013
Quote: MegaDozer
Quote: SkylanderPrime
So if the same code is on batches of bags, then I wonder if any number of people could use the same code one time?

Lest try it, can I borrow a code?


Sure...after I use the code, then you can have it. smilie
---
I'm Kind of a Big Deal!!!! Scotchy Scotch Scotch is my favorite flavor!
FloppyKing Green Sparx Gems: 214
#269 Posted: 20:02:18 30/10/2013
Quote: UncleBob
If they mail you a code back - or, perhaps, they'll have that code tied to your mailing address in their data base.

I dunno. Just trying to figure out how this crazy plan will work. smilie


If they do it like they did the fright rider one then the codes received via post card mailings won't be tied to the address used to receive the codes. I had extra codes after i won my 4 and gave them to a friend of mine to use for his son, but before i did I called the help number to verify that the codes would still be valid if used for his shipping address and they told me there would be no issue because the codes emailed out are not tied to the address that was on the postcard.
AJAwesome Emerald Sparx Gems: 4394
#270 Posted: 21:51:40 30/10/2013
Went on the site, still said "Server Happy"
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :^)
StormbringerGT Green Sparx Gems: 162
#271 Posted: 06:18:29 31/10/2013
I found a ton at my store went through 40 bags and found 4 different number sets 10 for each number. Bought of each just in case. I want only 1 but if I win 2 I'll trade if for the fright rider I'm going to completely miss.
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
AWal Blue Sparx Gems: 640
#272 Posted: 07:11:35 31/10/2013
Did I read the rules incorrectly, or did it state that you can only attempt once per 24 hours...Ouch...IIRC when the site was working earlier it was gathering contact info first, before letting you try a code...And if that's the case then the code's probably don't matter so much on how much they are used, and just allow Frito-Lay a means of tracking down which regions are getting winners, more-or-less.

I also noted that the mail-ins are still stating one per 3x5 received, but they are e-mailing the codes, which contradicts the idea of codes being used repetitively, since people requesting multiple codes would get multiple codes...Unless they just send one code and tell the person to get bent for any further codes.
---
NinNetID: Its.AWal || 3DS FC: 5241-1904-9333 || SSA: 37/37 +3 17/17
SG: 63/63 +4 8/8 || SSF: 75/75 +1 9/9 || STT: 42/72 18/60 8/8 || SEE: 8/8
Diggeh Emerald Sparx Gems: 3108
#273 Posted: 07:35:30 31/10/2013
Could anyone PM me any extra codes you have? Our area never got the Fright Rider bags and we really want Quickdraw Rattle Shake. smilie
jstewie23 Blue Sparx Gems: 967
#274 Posted: 11:58:45 31/10/2013
With the FR promo if you entered a code that was already used you get an error message. These will be one time use codes.
---
Have extra Amazon FS, GITD FR, Pumpkin FR, Jade FW, Molten HD, TF Chop Chop, Scarlet Ninjini, QDRS
Zer0 Blue Sparx Gems: 996
#275 Posted: 12:17:02 31/10/2013
Quote: jstewie23
With the FR promo if you entered a code that was already used you get an error message. These will be one time use codes.

I don't think that's likely. These codes aren't unique like the Fright Rider codes.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:17:57 31/10/2013 by Zer0
jstewie23 Blue Sparx Gems: 967
#276 Posted: 12:22:35 31/10/2013
Quote: Zer0
Quote: jstewie23
With the FR promo if you entered a code that was already used you get an error message. These will be one time use codes.

I don't think that's likely. These codes aren't unique like the Fright Rider codes.


I know, but after talking to the service rep the other day, apparently they are supposed to be. They were surprised the codes were on the outside and they were surprised to hear they weren't unique. I told them I have 2 bags with the same code and there were 5 other bags in the same store still with the same code. Take it for what it's worth...

I would say everyone's best bet is to mail in 3x5 cards...only way to guarantee unique codes.
---
Have extra Amazon FS, GITD FR, Pumpkin FR, Jade FW, Molten HD, TF Chop Chop, Scarlet Ninjini, QDRS
Zer0 Blue Sparx Gems: 996
#277 Posted: 14:15:18 31/10/2013
Quote: jstewie23
I know, but after talking to the service rep the other day, apparently they are supposed to be. They were surprised the codes were on the outside and they were surprised to hear they weren't unique. I told them I have 2 bags with the same code and there were 5 other bags in the same store still with the same code. Take it for what it's worth...

I would say everyone's best bet is to mail in 3x5 cards...only way to guarantee unique codes.

It's less likely that the bags were intended to be unique and they made that many mistakes and more likely that the person you spoke with just didn't know the details of how the codes had been distributed.
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#278 Posted: 15:17:10 31/10/2013
Follow the on-screen instructions to input your date of birth, email address, zip code and Game Code and then properly submit an
online play to determine if you have won a prize.

Limit one (1) Play per Game Code. All participants must have a valid email address.

Limit one (1) Play per day person/email address. A “day” is defined as a twenty-four hour time period beginning at 12:00:00 AM CT and ending at the following 11:59:59 PM CT.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#279 Posted: 16:01:33 31/10/2013
The website is finally up! As expected, the message says Coming Soon as of now.

http://www.fritolayholiday.com/coming-soon

For those of you mailing in for codes, DOB is required as per the official rules. I think it was omitted the first time the address was posted in this thread. Interesting because it says one play per game code...say if you lose playing a code one day and try entering using the same game code the next day (even if the system even accepts it), you may be disqualified from a prize even if you get a winner prompt...just mentioning it as that's how the official rules may be interpreted. This whole code on the outside of the bag thing is a fiasco. I'm mailing in for codes to be on the safe side.

Also, there is a limit of 4 prizes per person/mailing address and one play per day...at least that limits those trying to hoard or scalp these figures smilie
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 17:08:22 31/10/2013 by mastermc54
TheGooch Blue Sparx Gems: 709
#280 Posted: 16:16:40 31/10/2013
DOB was not asked to be included on the mail in requests according to the rules on the back of the bags. I hope this doesn't screw things up for early mailers.
---
http://www.ghostery.com/ Knowledge + Control = Privacy
My new favorite web browser add-on.
portalflip Blue Sparx Gems: 728
#281 Posted: 18:18:12 31/10/2013
5664 is such a weird number for the total number of figures being given away. It's like the accountant went to the PR team and said "Yeahhhh I'm gonna need you to keep this whole 'giveaway thing' under $73,576. Yeah that'd be great.".
the48thronin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#282 Posted: 18:35:10 31/10/2013
Quote: portalflip
5664 is such a weird number for the total number of figures being given away. It's like the accountant went to the PR team and said "Yeahhhh I'm gonna need you to keep this whole 'giveaway thing' under $73,576. Yeah that'd be great.".


Actually, it's 5664 b/c they are giving away 1 every 15 minutes for 59 days (11/3-12/31).
TheGooch Blue Sparx Gems: 709
#283 Posted: 18:56:49 31/10/2013
FYI: I just got emails from Frito-Lay including the codes that I requested for this promotion. I did not include my DOB on the post cards but most importantly this nullifies the information given by a Frito-Lay rep that the PO Box isn't in service yet. All codes that I received are different as well.
---
http://www.ghostery.com/ Knowledge + Control = Privacy
My new favorite web browser add-on.
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3279
#284 Posted: 22:14:54 31/10/2013
I really crave chips now smilie
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#285 Posted: 22:37:47 31/10/2013
Quote: portalflip
5664 is such a weird number for the total number of figures being given away. It's like the accountant went to the PR team and said "Yeahhhh I'm gonna need you to keep this whole 'giveaway thing' under $73,576. Yeah that'd be great.".


I get the Office Space reference, thanks!
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Techelement Yellow Sparx Gems: 1961
#286 Posted: 23:46:37 31/10/2013
Quote: TheGooch
FYI: I just got emails from Frito-Lay including the codes that I requested for this promotion. I did not include my DOB on the post cards but most importantly this nullifies the information given by a Frito-Lay rep that the PO Box isn't in service yet. All codes that I received are different as well.


I got emails from Frito Lay with codes for the Rattle Shake promotion this afternoon also, so I guess that the PO box is in service before 11/3/13.
Xerxxees Blue Sparx Gems: 839
#287 Posted: 01:09:40 01/11/2013
Found Rattle Shake bags in Roseville, CA. Walmart AND Target both had them (off the 65 Freeway.). No stickers, just the codes near the Due/Expiration date.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3460
#288 Posted: 01:11:37 01/11/2013
Quote: Xerxxees
Found Rattle Shake bags in Roseville, CA. Walmart AND Target both had them (off the 65 Freeway.). No stickers, just the codes near the Due/Expiration date.



I found bags of fright rider with codes like that but they didnt work and only the inside code worked.
johnsonsteven86 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1563
#289 Posted: 21:27:24 01/11/2013
Found them in gastonia, nc
---
WTB: Frito-lay Hotdog as cheap as possible
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3837
#290 Posted: 00:00:58 02/11/2013
Kind of sort of related to this topic, but I don't think it warranted another. (although hey maybe someone else saw them)

Walmart has ANOTHER Frito-Lay promo bag, seems to be entirely different from the Rattle Shake one..maybe Walmart is getting both?

[User Posted Image][User Posted Image]

The pack features some Swap Force guys on it, and the back claims that there's a few deals inside; $10 off SF Starter Pack AND you get a $5 Walmart Giftcard when you purchase the pack at Walmart with the coupon (so you get essentially $15 off.

Pretty cool I guess, but this just further complicates people trying to find the Rattle Shake bags....like me lol
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:01:17 02/11/2013 by spyroflame0487
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3517
#291 Posted: 00:04:14 02/11/2013
^ That is old....I bought that months b4 I got Swap Force.
---
My life is complete.
darkjray332 Red Sparx Gems: 51
#292 Posted: 00:36:13 02/11/2013
I found all 8 bags of mine at Wal-Mart in the California valley modesto area. And talked to fritolay about the codes on the outside of the bag and they said all the classics are the same and all the flavor mix are all the same too. I guess its your email it goes by and it starts on Sunday the 3rd
darkjray332 Red Sparx Gems: 51
#293 Posted: 00:39:49 02/11/2013
And one more thing I found Halloween fright rider bag at toys r us here they had 6 bags left as of today at 530pm Pacific time
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#294 Posted: 01:39:02 02/11/2013
Quote: spyroflame0487
Kind of sort of related to this topic, but I don't think it warranted another. (although hey maybe someone else saw them)

Walmart has ANOTHER Frito-Lay promo bag, seems to be entirely different from the Rattle Shake one..maybe Walmart is getting both?

[User Posted Image][User Posted Image]

The pack features some Swap Force guys on it, and the back claims that there's a few deals inside; $10 off SF Starter Pack AND you get a $5 Walmart Giftcard when you purchase the pack at Walmart with the coupon (so you get essentially $15 off.

Pretty cool I guess, but this just further complicates people trying to find the Rattle Shake bags....like me lol


Yeah, when I found the Rattle Shake bags back on 10/13, these bags were right next to them. It was very confusing at first ( I\it was there after the Midnite sale).
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#295 Posted: 06:50:46 02/11/2013
Not a bad deal if you passed on getting the 2 free skylanders from TRU on release day. I for one am set with the Starter sets.
Torchiest Green Sparx Gems: 303
#296 Posted: 20:16:54 02/11/2013
I found a single Rattle Shake bag at my local Kroger this afternoon. Are you guys sure that code under the best by date is the game code? It's totally different from the way they've done the codes on the last two promos I've seen (Giants sidekicks and Halloween Fright Rider).
wickedrunt Yellow Sparx Gems: 1161
#297 Posted: 20:18:21 02/11/2013
Wondering if DST is going to affect what time the rattle shake promo will start?
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#298 Posted: 20:22:47 02/11/2013
On many bags the code is at the bottom ---printed on bag--next o the use by date. I spoke to csr today to verify.
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
Sivadreamer Gold Sparx Gems: 2821
#299 Posted: 20:24:06 02/11/2013
Seriously planning to stay up and try this the minute the site goes live!? LOL
---
How many crystals should I buy VS how many will I buy!?
Matteomax Hunter Gems: 4665
#300 Posted: 20:28:27 02/11/2013
I am!

I think you should've just posted this in the actual promo thread instead of making a new one
First | Previous | Page 6 of 24 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22 23 24

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me