Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Skylanders Figure Tool for Windows
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#51 Posted: 03:59:53 20/10/2013
runs in windows 8.1 x86. requires .net 3.5 framework (including 2.0/3.0/3.5).
"Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 is a full cumulative update that contains many new features building incrementally upon .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, and includes cumulative servicing updates to the .NET Framework 2.0 and .NET Framework 3.0 subcomponents."
you need that.

if you need the key file msg me and ill help you. lots of programs need other files to run. bios files, runtime files, some weird DLL that youve never heard of. its pretty common. and remember this program is still in the beta phase its not a final release yet. so expect weird issues and compatibility problems.
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#52 Posted: 12:04:26 20/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Hi. I have the app reading Swap Force figures, it would greatly help me if people could scan any figures they have so I can get the ID bytes out of them.
So far I only have
Wash Buckler
Blast Zone
Magna Charge
Hoot Loop

I am especially interested in any item/object scans I can get. I think I know the 'range' for figures top/bottom half but no idea on items.

Also, any Blue base core Skylanders would be great.
#53 Posted: 15:29:21 20/10/2013 | Topic Creator
There will be NO XP version.

Turning on XP compatibility seems to break a whole load of stuff including the USB HID library I am using.

Sorry, but blame Microsoft.

Latest version of the .exe

IJ!V_IlbX5kXqURbHZhGYAnWmX7fmF2oAiZUEcbhGdXo_k">https://mega.co.nz/#!hJoTsmilieIJ!...oAiZUEcbhGdXo_k

Plays nicer with Swap Force figures now. Version 1.3.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:14:17 20/10/2013 by Pyrofer
#54 Posted: 18:10:21 20/10/2013 | Topic Creator
This version has a "Raw Dump" feature under developer. I would LOVE it if somebody could dump ANY item!
Does anybody have the Tower of Time or the Vault yet?

I just need to know the figure ID range for these.
siowm6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#55 Posted: 18:49:20 20/10/2013
Mega says the file is no longer available.
#56 Posted: 19:07:30 20/10/2013 | Topic Creator
https://mega.co.nz/#!9Vw1jSIb!...rDeIBHOTYG2Zpjs

Ver 1.4,
Updated Swap Force figure support.
Bug fixes.
Ability to see Figure ID without dumping whole figure.
Raw Dump, saves original encrypted data.
johnsonsteven86 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1563
#57 Posted: 00:41:49 21/10/2013
what do we do with the keyfile onece we have it? does the app need to be decompiled to add it. ive been trying to get into this kind of stuff but its hard to figure out where to start without going to school for it. everyone thinks im a genious because of the stuff i can do with phones and computers but really i just read lots of how tos and follow the instructions.
---
WTB: Frito-lay Hotdog as cheap as possible
#58 Posted: 07:46:05 21/10/2013 | Topic Creator
The keyfile simply needs to be placed in the same folder you launch the .exe from.

Make sure there is a folder in there too called "dumps" for it to save the data from figures.
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#59 Posted: 17:59:12 21/10/2013
FYI, I don't use that version of Visual Studio anymore, LOL! Though I used it a LONG time. I was just giving it as an example of being burned by something important not being included.

So, obviously, I don't have the keyfile yet, so I thought I'd see what happens. Started up just fine, just really see a list of data fields with "No Data". Tried "Connect to portal", didn't seem to do anything. I chose "Read Figure", "Block" changed from 0 to "No Data", then the whole thing crashed, giving me the standard Windows message "SkylandersGUITool.exe has stopped working", asking if I want to check for a solution online or just close the program. And yes, I made sure the portal was plugged in first, I have the wired XBox SSA portal.

If it was me programming this, I would put in some code to check for the keyfile and put up a friendlier message like "Keyfile not found" or something, instead of letting it crash. Maybe even disable certain commands when there's no keyfile found, like ones that will cause problems if they fail.

BTW, I have the Spyro Portal driver installed for Universe, not sure if that can make things easier, like maybe providing the keyfile? And I would guess the file will require a certain filename?

And this computer is running Vista 32-bit, with Service Pack 1. I also have a teeny netbook running Windows 7 64-bit, but as a less powerful computer I don't use it much. smilie
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
#60 Posted: 20:36:13 21/10/2013 | Topic Creator
https://mega.co.nz/#!kYhSwZZD!...91N07Ds-Iz4ioVk

ver 1.5
More Swap info added. Bugs fixed.

Step 1 - Connect Portal via USB to the PC
Step 2 - Run program
Step 3 - Click File, Open Database
Step 4 - Click Portal, connect
Step 5 - place figure on Portal
Step 6 - Click Portal, Read Figure
Step 7 - Check the stats on screen match what you expect
Step 8 - Click file, save figure.

The next time you load the app and open the database any saved figures will be there in the list.
Double click a figure to load it up without needing to read it from the portal.

Ensure there is a folder named dumps in the same location as the .exe along with the key file.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:14:53 21/10/2013 by Pyrofer
#61 Posted: 23:18:00 21/10/2013
That Mega site is acting so sluggish it's almost down, I haven't been able to get the 1.5 version yet...

So, still using 1.4... Let's see, I moved the EXE and the sample key file to their own folder (since I still haven't found any information on how to make a key file, not sure if the sample one I was able to get will work), and I added a "dumps" folder to that folder, it still crashes at Step 6. smilie And since the portal lights stay off (I happened to pick a light-up guy, Pumpkin Eye Brawl, and HIS light turns on, but not the portal), I'm guessing the Portal Connect command fails.

EDIT: Ah, got 1.5 now! Same thing. smilie *sigh*
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:38:14 21/10/2013 by niceguy1
micro666 Red Sparx Gems: 46
#62 Posted: 23:53:10 21/10/2013
Hi Pyrofer,

Just like to say, that from what I've read on this forum. Great work so far!!

I have a problem using the app however. Literally 3 or 4 days ago, I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. Before the upgrade to 8.1, I was able to use the SkyLandersEditorV2 app to backup my character data, and when I found out about your app earlier today, I was eagerly looking forward to using it as it seems to be much better, and useful than the old editor app.

However, when I load your app, it cannot connect to the Portal (3DS portal wired via USB to my PC). Strangely though, the SkyLandersEditorV2 can also no longer connect to the portal to read/write character data, so I guess whatever is stopping this from working, is also stopping your app from working correctly too.

I've tried with and without the PortalDriver, but no difference. I used to use the portal driver with the old editor...

I also tried running your app in admin mode, as I did for the old SkylandersEditor, but again no difference :-(

I'm a fellow developer, so am happy to help in any way I can. Maybe in Windows 8.1 they've added some additional restrictions or changed the HID API somehow? Are you swallowing any exception in your code that might be occurring? If you'd like to send me a debug version with some logging, then I'll be happy to run it to help find out what going on with the app on Win 8.1

Cheers,

Glenn
#63 Posted: 23:56:39 21/10/2013
Oh, yeah, by the way, if I haven't mentioned it, I too am a programmer, LOL!

Out of curiosity, what language are you programming in?
---
#64 Posted: 08:13:35 22/10/2013 | Topic Creator
It's all being done in C++ using Visual Studio 2012 Express from Microsoft.

I am NOT a windows programmer but know enough cut and paste to get by...

It seems people are having problems verifying the key file so I will add some checks in to the app to make sure it is loaded ok.

I wanted the app to run without it so people could at least open it and see what I was doing smilie Maybe I should put an example database in with the download so they can see "fake" figure data without the key...

btw, I am NOT going to charge for this, ever. The key file thing is merely a legal thing with Activision not an access restriction for the App itself.

The only reason I don't publish the code open source is it's DIRTY. I am a bad bad programmer and I don't want you all to see the mess I made of it.
#65 Posted: 20:06:08 22/10/2013
got it working. do you still need any dumps? im using windows 7 ultimate x64 if that helps anyone.
---
micro666 Red Sparx Gems: 46
#66 Posted: 20:13:12 22/10/2013
Hi Pyrofer,

I'm not sure what you need scanned? Can I scan and just provide you with ID's, or do you need whole dumps?

I have all Skylanders, Skylanders Giants figures, and almost all of the magic items and extra e.g. Volcanic Vault item etc

For Swap Force I have the following:

Blast Zone
Blizzard Chill
Bumble Blast
Countdown
Dark Blast Zone
Dark Mega Ram Spyro
Dark Stealth Elf
Dark Slobbertooth
Dark Wash Buckler
Enchanted Hoot Loop (Variant)
Flashwing
Free Ranger
Grim Creeper
Hoot Loop
Knockout Terrafin
Lava Barf Eruptor
Legendary Free Ranger
Legendary Grim Creeper
Magna Charge
Mega Ram Spyro
Nitro Magna Charge
Pop Thorn
Rattle Shake
Roller Brawl
Slobbertooth
Smolderdash
Star Strike
Super Gulp Pop Fizz
Volcanic Eruptor (Variant)
Warnado

Do you need dumps or ID's for any of those?

Glenn
#67 Posted: 20:33:03 22/10/2013 | Topic Creator
ALL the figures from SSA and SG should scan correctly. I need no more dumps of those.
That includes variants etc.

I have all 16 basic Swappers reading correctly (half at a time). I have the 16 new core Blue base figures reading correctly.

I DON'T have any special or variants yet. Well, I have Enchanted Hoot Loop but that is all (he should read fine).
I have all the items/extras working and reading fine now.

If anybody thinks they are good at decoding the data I need help working out where certain bytes are stored on the figure.
After SSA they added a load of stuff in Giants and it's proving a pain to find.

Please report if the HAT your figure is wearing works fine.

So I don't need any figure IDs and only dumps of SF variants.

I Had the idea of a "Bank" in the app that could take money off one figure and give it to another. I won't allow just editing the amount to give them all loads of money. If you want that you can use the old hacking editor.

It would only let you take money off a Figure on the portal and give it back to one on the portal to prevent cheating smilie

Would people like this in the App?
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#68 Posted: 00:13:37 23/10/2013
since the sky diamond/money cheat is so easy it makes getting cash kind of a non issue.
the bank feature sounds good for regular users.
for power users, that sounds pretty lame and limiting.

also, i want to change hats. backup/restore data and change hats. okay and path switching. backup/restore/hats/path switching.

ill keep testing any app you make.
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#69 Posted: 00:15:38 23/10/2013
I, too, would like path switching.

Additionally, I'd like to see if there's a way to "complete" heroics for characters introduced in SWAP Force. smilie
#70 Posted: 01:05:35 23/10/2013
Quote: UncleBob
I, too, would like path switching.

Additionally, I'd like to see if there's a way to "complete" heroics for characters introduced in SWAP Force. smilie

It is possible to add both heriocs and Gold Giants rank to all of the new figures using the editor, but I would not see that as the intent of this project. I would be surprised if this was added. I see what Pyrofer is doing here as more of a backup system, and maybe a bank feature. But time will tell I guess. We will have to wait for his response.
#71 Posted: 07:10:13 23/10/2013 | Topic Creator
I am conflicted about "editing" figures.
Firstly, you can do this with the old command line tool so I would be bringing nothing new to the app.
Secondly, I consider leveling up and earning money to be the major part of the game. If you take that away then after you have completed the levels you are left with nothing to do.
Third, Activision were heavily against the old app mainly because of the hacking/editing part of it. They didn't want people doing that (mostly for reason 2?) and I don't want this app squashed by Activision.

I wanted this to be a quick and easy way to view figure stats, that was all originally. It was for seeing which Heroics I needed to complete and who had money to spend. It has already far exceeded the original intent.

How about I make it a "freemium" app where you paypal me 69p to unlock 1 use of the path switch button? OR I could do it where you paypal me the number of gold you want as $0.01 per gold in the game...(J/K!)

Right now I am happy with almost every part of the app apart from general reliability accessing the portal and the missing data. What good is a stat viewer if it doesn't read them correctly?

It functions well as a database to back up all your figures, which I am very happy with but right now I need to concentrate on it's core but still faulty features such as experience above level 10 which it can't Handle. I also need to sit down and finish the Upgrade info section which I haven't worked on much for getting the real upgrades your figure has.
#72 Posted: 22:25:58 23/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Version 1.6
https://mega.co.nz/#!QMoxRILZ!...tITATHyJ20O2PoA

Now features basic banking!

You can take the money OFF a figure on the Portal and give money back to another figure on the Portal.

You can NOT give or take money from a database save, ONLY from a "live" figure.
You MUST read the figure from the portal before doing a transfer in or out.

There is no way to enter an amount. ALL money will be transferred in or out.
The bank is NOT saved. If you close the app or it crashes while the money is in the "bank" it's GONE.

The process is,

Connect to Portal.
Read donor figure.
Transfer money into bank from figure.
Swap figures.
Read recipient figure from Portal
Transfer money back onto figure.

Warning. I have found that doing things quickly causes issues. Wait a good 10 to 20 seconds between doing things on the portal.
Wait before placing a figure on the portal and wait again after removing one. Failure to wait for the portal to recognise the change will cause problems.
you can check the state by using the "Status" option under developer.
53 00 00 00 00 is an empty portal.
53 01 00 00 00 is a portal with one primary figure on it.
53 05 00 00 00 is a portal with TWO figures on it or both halves of a Swap Force Character.

The ONLY valid state for transferring money in or out is 53 01 00 00 00.
#73 Posted: 23:09:08 23/10/2013
My problem with the command line editor is that it's "All or nothing". If I want to try out the other path on a figure, I have to max out the path, max out the figure's level, max out the figure's gold and max out the Heroics. That's why the command line editor sucks. smilie

Anyway, question about the bank... Could I take a figure with a ton of gold on it, back it up, transfer the gold to the bank, transfer it to a different figure, then place the original back on the portal and reload the backup (with all the gold) back onto the original figure? Wash, rinse, repeat?
#74 Posted: 23:17:42 23/10/2013 | Topic Creator
The App doesn't currently touch the backup files when you do transfers.

Shush. Am I going to have to make it auto-save the file when you transfer gold to stop people cheating?
I think I already regret putting this feature in.

I don't want this thread disappearing like many of my others. It has lasted this long!

Any of the forum mods want to weigh in on what is acceptable for me to add? Can I put path switching in without the thread being gone when I wake up tomorrow?
#75 Posted: 23:20:06 23/10/2013
I actually thought autosaving when you transfer the gold would be a good idea. smilie
#76 Posted: 01:41:23 24/10/2013
I must agree that only being able to transfer ALL gold kind of ruins the feature. Who wants to make anyone broke? If I have a loaded figure I would prefer they have some money left... And I have yet to read the two messages I just noticed in my Inbox - which I suspect are about this - but I'm rather curious: HOW does the app find the key file? I suspect it just looks in it's own folder for any file with the extension "key"... Yes, please put in a check that this read was successful, and if not, you should put in code to say "file not found/read error", that requests that you specify where and what the key file is.

BTW, I think you simply have to trust that people don't use the backup feature with the money transfer feature to cheat. And it IS rather pointless to cheat that way anyway... Plenty of money in both games, unlimited use of the Dragon Treasure Chest in Giants, and the Crane Deck glitch is fairly common knowledge. I have both my Stealth Elfs at the maximum 65,000 gold through that, money is SO not a problem for me for team stuff, and I just bring new guys there to buy their upgrades and get on with things.

FYI, just tried the newest version here, 1.6 as you say, same issue.
---
#77 Posted: 07:48:00 24/10/2013 | Topic Creator
I haven't used any cheat/bug or item to get gold in SF and find it's the "richest" game yet. After 1 or levels my character is dripping with gold, it really isn't an issue at all. The bank was just a "can I do this?"
I will either put in a transfer amount box or remove the feature...

I will disable Figure read/write if the keyfile is missing or wrong. That hasn't been a priority as I have other things in the app that need attention more! I will downgrade it from beta to pre-beta smilie
CanadaX21 Green Sparx Gems: 303
#78 Posted: 16:28:58 24/10/2013
Quote: UncleBob
My problem with the command line editor is that it's "All or nothing". If I want to try out the other path on a figure, I have to max out the path, max out the figure's level, max out the figure's gold and max out the Heroics. That's why the command line editor sucks. smilie

If you know how to use a hex editor, its easy to switch using the backup files.
The documentation that comes with v2 tells you which bytes to change to swap paths, I've been using this on my Series 1 skylanders for months smilie
#79 Posted: 19:13:53 24/10/2013 | Topic Creator
So I have to save the backups encrypted too to stop you guys hacking with a hex editor?

My These cheeky hackers abusing my program smilie

Out of curiosity, What is the largest amount of figures anybody owns?

My database is fixed at 2048 figures max.... Hearing how some of you guys collect I am thinking that may be short sighted.
AWal Blue Sparx Gems: 640
#80 Posted: 21:21:32 24/10/2013
Please don't encrypt the saves.

I still have no idea if this is working for me. Status reports figure correctly, but when I go to read the figure it hangs for a little bit, then crashes. This is consistent across my Wii U Giants, 3DS Giants, and 3DS SSA Portals...It's gotta be somthing stupid on my side.

I have an older tablet running Win7 x86 if you want me to test anything there. Currently it appears to be doing the exact same thing as my 64-bit systems (Status reports properly but freezes on read).
---
NinNetID: Its.AWal || 3DS FC: 5241-1904-9333 || SSA: 37/37 +3 17/17
SG: 63/63 +4 8/8 || SSF: 75/75 +1 9/9 || STT: 42/72 18/60 8/8 || SEE: 8/8
#81 Posted: 22:22:31 24/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Do you have the key file in the same folder as the exe?

I have implemented the check to prevent crashes if you don't have the key file in the next version....

Encrypting the saves was kind of a joke.
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#82 Posted: 22:27:54 24/10/2013
I have one thing I would like you to consider adding and for only 1 figure. I know you don't want to allow for editing but do you think you could make an exception for 1 skylander? Could you make it so the app could let you finish the quest that has a glitch that you can't finish it for legendary chop-chop? As this is something that should be able to be done in game but can't be because of a glitch.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
#83 Posted: 22:40:56 24/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Ok, Version 1.7
https://mega.co.nz/#!UBZzUQTI!...NSRzskLMqyIiCko

Now validity checks the keyfile and prevents read/write if it's not there/correct.

I have also made the window a bit bigger and am adding stats at the bottom. I will also use this space for the money transfer option and a "amount" box as everybody moaned smilie
#84 Posted: 06:55:29 25/10/2013
Well, my computer must be talented, because it's reacting the exact same, LOL! Open Database, Connect, Read Figure, crash. And I've been trying Pumpkin Eye Brawl all this time, I decided to try to mix things up and go old school, switched him with Dino Rang. Didn't help.

Put in some feedback about reading the keyfile and/or connecting to the portal. It's too invisible right now. I have no idea if it's finding the keyfile, and if it is if it likes it. And Connect has no visible effect, I don't know if it fails or not. If you like, you can make this feedback optional, and off by default or something. Then make the reading the keyfile process a command in the menu, so after I turn on feedback I can try connecting to the keyfile again to see WHAT is happening! smilie

Could the keyfile need to be different for an XBox portal?
---
#85 Posted: 07:31:18 25/10/2013 | Topic Creator
It SHOULD give you visible feedback that the Keyfile was loaded correctly. Check the status line near the top of the data.

In theory it detects the portal and failure to connect should stop the app trying to read/write etc (which causes the crash if it's not connected properly).
However, somewhere there is a bug in the portal detection code which I am working on...

If you are still using the xbox portal I am not surprised it crashes, sorry smilie
I am going to put in some work on detecting failures and preventing crashes but there are so many random things that can go wrong it's hard to spot them all.
#86 Posted: 07:54:30 25/10/2013
Sorry, you're right! It does indeed say "Key File Loaded".
---
#87 Posted: 08:58:58 25/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Patch release of 1.7

https://mega.co.nz/#!FNp0VYCA!...2PKzyljMoXpHH2E

Bug fixes to prevent crashing and give better feedback to user.
#88 Posted: 18:00:59 25/10/2013
anyone else getting a checksum error with swappers? ive gotten a couple to work
---
#89 Posted: 20:56:31 25/10/2013
Connect says "Can't connect Portal", then the subsequent Read Figure does nothing. Congrats, no crash! Yay! smilie

Finally tried my 3DS portal, first time ever connecting it, and same thing, unfortunately, "Can't connect to portal". It's possible that the only cord I found isn't wired the way the portal needs, though...

Okay, two questions:
1) I think I saw/heard that the surface of the portal doubles as an on/off button, is that so?
2) Before I kill myself trying to find it, does the Giants 3DS starter pack come with a cord?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:18:45 25/10/2013 by niceguy1
#90 Posted: 21:29:23 25/10/2013
Quote: niceguy1
Connect says "Can't connect Portal", then the subsequent Read Figure does nothing. Congrats, no crash! Yay! smilie

Finally tried my 3DS portal, first time ever connecting it, and same thing, unfortunately, "Can't connect to portal". It's possible that the only cord I found isn't wired the way the portal needs, though...

Okay, two questions:
1) I think I saw/heard that the surface of the portal doubles as an on/off button, is that so?
2) Before I kill myself trying to find it, does the Giants 3DS starter pack come with a cord?

Nope only the SSA 3DS portal came with a cord.
---
Kickstarter:
#91 Posted: 22:51:36 25/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Yes, the surface of the 3DS portal IS a button but that only matters if it's on battery with the 3DS. Via a USB cable the button does nothing.

A standard USB mini cable should work. There are some that only have power connected (rare) but other than that it should just work.
Does it light up? Does it show in device manager?

Make sure you plug the portal in BEFORE you launch the app. Not just before hitting "connect" but before launching the .exe
#92 Posted: 00:49:22 26/10/2013
Also any word if you will add "a fix for legendary chop-chops quest glitch" I know this would be editing the data but in this case it would be to fix a glitch.
---
Kickstarter:
#93 Posted: 01:26:16 26/10/2013
Quote: darkrai848
Also any word if you will add "a fix for legendary chop-chops quest glitch" I know this would be editing the data but in this case it would be to fix a glitch.

If you are willing to go outside the game to fix it, just use the editor to fix it already. The fix has been shown on this site for months.
#94 Posted: 02:30:31 26/10/2013
Quote: siowm6
Quote: darkrai848

If you are willing to go outside the game to fix it, just use the editor to fix it already. The fix has been shown on this site for months.

I don't want to use the editer because I don't want to max every thing on the figure only finish that 1 quest. And I don't want to download a hacking tool as I don't want to hack the figures only fix 1 quest. If he is going so far as to make a bank for gold, then maybe he could think about this too.
---
Kickstarter:
#95 Posted: 02:42:20 26/10/2013
You misunderstand the use of the editor. You do not have to completely max anything. You can actually make a L-Chop Chop be completely new with no levels and no money etc. And only have that quest if you do it right.

As for the "hacking" comment. I understand. You want someone else to spend countless hours trying to figure out programming and "hacking" it for you. All so you can click a single button to fix your quest. Cool man. I hope he does this for you.

You are asking for someone to take what the editor will do and make it work for this situation. You are asking for someone to make a specific "hack" for you at the click of a button.

You want the results of the editor without the "moral dilemma" of actually having to use it. Take your pick. Can't have your cake and eat it too.
#96 Posted: 03:02:02 26/10/2013
Quote: siowm6
You misunderstand the use of the editor. You do not have to completely max anything. You can actually make a L-Chop Chop be completely new with no levels and no money etc. And only have that quest if you do it right.

As for the "hacking" comment. I understand. You want someone else to spend countless hours trying to figure out programming and "hacking" it for you. All so you can click a single button to fix your quest. Cool man. I hope he does this for you.

You are asking for someone to take what the editor will do and make it work for this situation. You are asking for someone to make a specific "hack" for you at the click of a button.

You want the results of the editor without the "moral dilemma" of actually having to use it. Take your pick. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

If your going to look at it that way then this whole program is like that... It uses some of the same programing and the same activation key as the editor. All this program is, is parts of the editor that have been deemed ok by this community so this whole program is to bypass the as you put it "moral dilemma". The same could be said about the banking option "You want someone else to spend countless hours trying to figure out programming and "hacking" it for you. All so you can click a single button " all he did as put some restrictions on it. But if you want to "go out of game" for a money feacher why not just use the editor? And all I was doing was asking if he does not want to add it that's fine, he had asked about things we thought would be good to add. If a fix to a glitch was not ok then why should banking be ok? Activision/toys for bob said that they know we wanted a bank but said that they did not want to add one because it would take away from the use of each figure. So if that's ok then why is fixing a glitch on a figure that was always meant to work so wrong?
---
Kickstarter:
#97 Posted: 03:28:51 26/10/2013
Quote: Pyrofer

1) It is NOT a hacking tool
3) It does NOT edit data or change your figure data

I am conflicted about "editing" figures.
You can do this with the old command line tool so I would be bringing nothing new to the app.
It has already far exceeded the original intent.

I don't want this thread disappearing like many of my others. It has lasted this long!

Things that start with great intentions often end in a way other than intended.

If Pyrofer stated he did not want this to be a hacking or editing tool then why are people like you asking him to do all of the things he said he did not want to do? The fact still is that you could have had the L-Chop Chop issue solved for months now. But are now asking someone to stick his neck out by producing a public fix and posting it on this site. I did not ask for the bank, I can take care of that myself. And as has been stated here, there are already issues with its implementation.

The point is that this was supposed to be a way to guard against corrupted files, and keep track of figure progress. Instead of this going towards database and stat tracking, most ideas are ways to "hack" what is seen as game shortcomings. The community has kept pushing it towards the limit of what is allowed and a c&d. I specifically told you that there is another way to do it. But you don't see it that way. And that is your choice. I just don't want to see one of the members here slapped with a c&d because he tried to make everyone happy.
Zero Natal Green Sparx Gems: 371
#98 Posted: 09:31:47 26/10/2013
link broken D:
#99 Posted: 11:22:50 26/10/2013 | Topic Creator
I am going to remove the bank feature.

It is obviously a step too far and of limited use so it's going. Sorry but that is the way it is.
I need to stick to my design goals and finish what I started. Polish it and make it work well.

Even fixing a "glitch" is editing a figure. I don't want to A)upset Activision or smilie get asked to stop developing this app.
So I am going to side with caution and remove banking and not add in the fix.
Sorry if this isn't what people want but then again, the source for the original editor is public and anybody can write any app they want for personal use.

I want to help the community as a whole and I think the limits I have set myself should allow me to continue public development of this app. I would be sad if it was removed.

On that note I will also be making the App work better without the key file, allowing it to backup and restore without the key as I can't see that it is required for just these features.
#100 Posted: 15:35:56 26/10/2013
I am going to remove the bank feature.

It is obviously a step too far and of limited use so it's going. Sorry but that is the way it is.
I need to stick to my design goals and finish what I started. Polish it and make it work well.

Even fixing a "glitch" is editing a figure. I don't want to A)upset Activision or smilie get asked to stop developing this app.
So I am going to side with caution and remove banking and not add in the fix.
Sorry if this isn't what people want but then again, the source for the original editor is public and anybody can write any app they want for personal use.

I want to help the community as a whole and I think the limits I have set myself should allow me to continue public development of this app. I would be sad if it was removed.

On that note I will also be making the App work better without the key file, allowing it to backup and restore without the key as I can't see that it is required for just these features.

Thank you so much for the answer, I just wanted to see your stance on the matter. As I had said it is your choice what you add to this app, and this will still be a great resource for backing up my figures.
---
Kickstarter:
First | Page 2 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me