Page 1 of 1
Is there a difference Wii vs 360? [CLOSED]
theYguy Green Sparx Gems: 236
#1 Posted: 22:39:47 05/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Sorry if this has been asked, I looked over the first several pages in the message topics and could not find the answer --

Our family has a Wii and an X-box 360.

Since we have the option to buy either the Wii starter pack or the X-box 360 starter pack, based on game play alone, is there a difference?

Would one system's gameplay be better than the other for Swap Force?

Thanks All,
Dave (newbie)
---
signature?!? I don't need no stinkin' signature!
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#2 Posted: 22:45:32 05/10/2013
I HIGHLY recommend that you get the Xbox version. The graphics are SO much better.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#3 Posted: 22:50:03 05/10/2013
Gameplay won't be any different, besides some difference in the controls, but graphically it'll look far better on the Xbox version.
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#4 Posted: 22:52:32 05/10/2013
The game was made using the x-box 360 as the base system this time. The wii version will be a downgraded port this time (and it has been said that the wii version will be "missing some stuff" to what extent we don't know) but it has been said that there will be some "un-important cut scenes" removed from the wii version. So I would say to get the x-box 360 version.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
ShaneK Yellow Sparx Gems: 1736
#5 Posted: 23:15:54 05/10/2013
Didn't Giants on the Xbox and PS3 versions have achievements (Nightmare Avenger, Completionist, To the Max) the Wii version didn't have?

Were these of any interest? could this be the sort of thing that is missing from Wii Swap Force?
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#6 Posted: 23:25:11 05/10/2013
Quote: Matteomax
I HIGHLY recommend that you get the Xbox version. The graphics are SO much better.

And I recommend the Wii, because the Xbox graphics are too high, and the controls are worse on the Xbox. The graphics on the Wii are more appealing (personal preference), when the Xbox ones have a higher number. (higher number is worse in some cases)
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#7 Posted: 23:41:38 05/10/2013
Quote: weebbby

And I recommend the Wii, because the Xbox graphics are too high, and the controls are worse on the Xbox. The graphics on the Wii are more appealing (personal preference), when the Xbox ones have a higher number. (higher number is worse in some cases)

The thing you have to consider is that rather than SSA and Giants where the PS3, 360 and Wii U versions were ported from the Wii version, this time the Wii version is ported from the HD version. Because of this, the Wii version will be a down-scaled version of the HD versions of the game rather than an up-scaled version of the Wii version, so the difference between the Wii and 360 versions is going to be huge; far larger than the differences in SSA and Giants.

Which is probably why they haven't shown any footage of the Wii version yet, but with the previous 2 games they practically only showed footage of the Wii version.
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#8 Posted: 00:29:34 06/10/2013
If you are going to get them all, I would suggest getting the Standard Starter for one system and the Dark Starter in the other system.
That would be 8 Characters/ 2 games (Wii and Xbox)/ 2 Portals for $155 if you use the $10 Frito Lay coupons. Plus if you get the %20 off coupon from TRU to add to that it would be less.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#9 Posted: 03:32:09 06/10/2013
Quote: ShaneK
Didn't Giants on the Xbox and PS3 versions have achievements (Nightmare Avenger, Completionist, To the Max) the Wii version didn't have?

Were these of any interest? could this be the sort of thing that is missing from Wii Swap Force?

I like Wii controls, but graphics are worse, and we know for a fact that there's at lease some content missing from the Wii version (they say it doesn't impact gameplay). Add in better graphics and achievements on other platforms make ANY OTHER platform technically better than Wii.

If you get the Wii version, its only because it's the only game system you have or personal preference.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:32:58 06/10/2013 by GhostRoaster
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#10 Posted: 04:20:50 06/10/2013

The reason the previous games looked a little weird on the higher definition consoles is because they were developed on the Wii and ported over. Since Swap Force is being developed in HD from the outset, it will look much better on high def than Giants or SSA did.
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#11 Posted: 06:57:07 06/10/2013

what you say is true for me, i cant take that high cause one of my eyes is "not working"
#12 Posted: 11:59:10 06/10/2013 | Topic Creator
thanks everyone

I appreciate all the info

Dave
---
#13 Posted: 12:01:21 06/10/2013
ok ^-^ glad to help out

whats your choise?
#14 Posted: 12:45:09 06/10/2013 | Topic Creator
I wasn't sure if there was any difference in gameplay or graphics at all prior to reading, but it appears that the game was developed this time in HD and is being dumbed down for the Wii.

So an easy choice - Xbox 360. Might as well get the best product since the price is the same.

Thanks Again Everyone,
Dave
---
diddy50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2554
#15 Posted: 12:47:42 06/10/2013
Quote: theYguy
I wasn't sure if there was any difference in gameplay or graphics at all prior to reading, but it appears that the game was developed this time in HD and is being dumbed down for the Wii.

So an easy choice - Xbox 360. Might as well get the best product since the price is the same.

Thanks Again Everyone,
Dave

Well done. That's the one I'm getting just like all the previous skylander games.
#16 Posted: 12:50:45 06/10/2013
i dont care about graphicks, i care about controls more
#17 Posted: 12:53:59 06/10/2013
Quote: NINJAsk11
i dont care about graphicks, i care about controls more

How are the xbox controls worse than the wii??? xbox has the best "natural" feeling controller. Also, why degrade your product when its the same price? (degrade as in lower res graphics ported from an hd game and Missing cutscenes.)
#18 Posted: 12:58:25 06/10/2013
for ME its easier, maby for YOU it isnt
#19 Posted: 13:29:02 06/10/2013
Yes of course the controller itself is my opinion but based on the other things its an obvious choice I would assume.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me