Page 1 of 1
PSP version- is this impossible? [CLOSED]
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#1 Posted: 10:12:14 05/10/2013 | Topic Creator
I've been replaying this game on my PSP this month, getting as much as possible when I could. I entered Sgt. Byrd's and Bentley's areas early, for instance. Planning to re-do everything 100% without revisiting anything.

But I got to Fireworks Factory... And I SWEAR, I cannot finish this level now.

Before I entered the level I added in the hard mode cheat code to ensure that I wouldn't get the issue with two gems being stuck where they were unreachable.
I went through the level normally and got everything: went to the area where the Homeworld Portal is, then turned around, went into the Bad Dragon challenge area, beat that, moved onto the other area where you needed to get to the egg that was on the ledge, and completed all of those normally.
I went into Agent 9's area by using the exploit where you can glide to the top of the gate and fall in, then completed that normally.

Now, I checked the Atlas to make sure that I had everything in the level before leaving, and for some reason I was missing two gems. I checked all the areas of the level manually and with Sparx helping me out and could not find the gems.

Okay, I thought, maybe my game is set to the wrong difficulty or the level just needs to be re-loaded for some reason. So I exited, changed the difficulty to the correct one to bypass that glitch again, and came back and could not find the gem were it was meant to be. I even tried exiting the game and turning my console completely off instead of just leaving the level and that didn't work.
Next, I used Sparx's point-to-gem ability again. I tried this in all three challenge areas as well as the main part of the level. The gems were not there.
By this point I was frustrated from tiredness, and I decided to leave the level and try re-exploring Agent 9's area when I legitimately had him instead of spending ages trying to just re-enter his portal.

The only unusual thing that happened was that I think I died from a fireball in the dragon challenge at the same time I was collecting a green gem- but that would be ridiculously perfect timing because I've died while collecting gems before and suffered nothing ill. And I can't even be certain about this.

Guess what? I've been searching all week like this and CAN NOT FIND THESE TWO GEMS! I even defeated the Sorceress, got 100% on everything else, re-checked every part of the level by looking around and defeating every enemy and with Sparx looking around on all three difficulties. This just makes no sense because I have a 117% file on the same memory card played through on the same PSP with the same settings where Fireworks Factory works fine.
Does anyone know anything about this glitch or is my save just being a gluteus maximus?
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#2 Posted: 18:58:22 05/10/2013
Quote: Arc of Archives
I've been replaying this game on my PSP this month, getting as much as possible when I could. I entered Sgt. Byrd's and Bentley's areas early, for instance. Planning to re-do everything 100% without revisiting anything.

But I got to Fireworks Factory... And I SWEAR, I cannot finish this level now.

Before I entered the level I added in the hard mode cheat code to ensure that I wouldn't get the issue with two gems being stuck where they were unreachable.
I went through the level normally and got everything: went to the area where the Homeworld Portal is, then turned around, went into the Bad Dragon challenge area, beat that, moved onto the other area where you needed to get to the egg that was on the ledge, and completed all of those normally.
I went into Agent 9's area by using the exploit where you can glide to the top of the gate and fall in, then completed that normally.

Now, I checked the Atlas to make sure that I had everything in the level before leaving, and for some reason I was missing two gems. I checked all the areas of the level manually and with Sparx helping me out and could not find the gems.

Okay, I thought, maybe my game is set to the wrong difficulty or the level just needs to be re-loaded for some reason. So I exited, changed the difficulty to the correct one to bypass that glitch again, and came back and could not find the gem were it was meant to be. I even tried exiting the game and turning my console completely off instead of just leaving the level and that didn't work.
Next, I used Sparx's point-to-gem ability again. I tried this in all three challenge areas as well as the main part of the level. The gems were not there.
By this point I was frustrated from tiredness, and I decided to leave the level and try re-exploring Agent 9's area when I legitimately had him instead of spending ages trying to just re-enter his portal.

The only unusual thing that happened was that I think I died from a fireball in the dragon challenge at the same time I was collecting a green gem- but that would be ridiculously perfect timing because I've died while collecting gems before and suffered nothing ill. And I can't even be certain about this.

Guess what? I've been searching all week like this and CAN NOT FIND THESE TWO GEMS! I even defeated the Sorceress, got 100% on everything else, re-checked every part of the level by looking around and defeating every enemy and with Sparx looking around on all three difficulties. This just makes no sense because I have a 117% file on the same memory card played through on the same PSP with the same settings where Fireworks Factory works fine.
Does anyone know anything about this glitch or is my save just being a gluteus maximus?

O_0 A Hard Mode code? REALLY!? Anyway, I used to play the first 3 Spyro games in my PSP without any problems, I read a lot about these 2 missing gems about this god damn particular level, but it never happend to me, did you got the game from the PS Store? Because I read some users has encounter some glitches when you play the game on PS3, but not on PSP.

I hate to say this, but I think your file is being nuts...
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:59:07 05/10/2013 by SamXala
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#3 Posted: 20:25:37 05/10/2013
I had that happen with my first file on the original. My solution was to wipe the file and restart. (I had 99%)
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#4 Posted: 19:36:48 12/12/2014 | Topic Creator
I finally did Fireworks Factory on a new save, and look what happened:

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

I thought this was just a myth. smilie I'm glad it happened, since I always wanted it as a kid. If anyone wants to try and get it, I recommend you avoid destroying the basket on the right here:

[User Posted Image]

Because I got my last Gem from there, after collecting everything else in the level. I'm thinking the glitch has something to do with that.

Once you go back to the main menu, the extra Gem is lost. smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me