darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > Spyro's adventure PC - save game question
Page 1 of 1
Spyro's adventure PC - save game question [CLOSED]
blaar Red Sparx Gems: 79
#1 Posted: 11:55:11 13/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Hi every one.

My 6 year old has gotten a liking in Skylanders but he is a real PC head. I got him a Nintendi wii but he struggled with the controls so he now plays all his games on PC.

I got him about 12 or so Skylanders and he enjoy's playing all of them. Lately he is playing mostly the heroic challenges. When I ask him why doesn't he play the levels he said they are boring now.

I have been searching for the extra adventure packs but could not find them any where at our local toy shops. I even checked local online shops but was unable to find the expansion adventures.

Currently I am searching for a online shop that will ship to South Africa but I am unsure if it would be a good idea since if the toys received is damaged it might be a hassle to return them.

I read through some sites and it seems that the only data saved to the figures is the stats / gold / hat / name / ownership of the figure. The rest are all saved on the PC.

Now I was wondering. If a item is placed on the portal, and the new level is unlocked, does it save the unlocked content to the save too. Similar too the heroic challenges. Which means if you want to replay the level later on, you will not need the expansion item again to be able to play it ?

If it is so, is there any body who could help me out with a save game for the PC which have some of the areas unlocked (adventure pack areas). I do not mind the completion % of the game since my son already did it all.

Not sure if it will work but it is worth a go at this point of time.

It would really mean a lot to me if some one can help me out with this. For the time being I am continuing looking for the adventure packs.

Thanks for any replies / advice or help.

Regards
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:58:38 13/09/2013 by blaar
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#2 Posted: 12:31:33 13/09/2013
If you put the Adventure item on the portal, the level relating to it will remain unlocked on that save. That's all I can help with I'm afraid as I have no PC save; have you tried Googling to see if there are any out there?
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
#3 Posted: 13:09:34 13/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks for the reply and the confirmation. Gives me some hope.

Yes, I have searched google and thought since Skylanders seems so popular there would be such a save for PC.

Turned out that there is not such a big following or support for the PC / MAC version of the game.

What are the chances that the save game will be cross platform compatible ?
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#4 Posted: 15:09:45 13/09/2013
The probability is zero point zero.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#5 Posted: 16:15:33 13/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Indeed it is. I found a wii save and the file size and name is totally different than that of the PC. Guess my only hope now is finding some one with the PC version.

Keeping fingers crossed.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#6 Posted: 10:59:09 18/10/2013
I have the PC version?
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#7 Posted: 09:08:52 19/10/2013
Unfortunately for you, I have the XBox version, I could totally provide you with exactly what you're asking for if it was for the XBox, LOL! Yeah, this line is mainly on consoles, doesn't seem like many people went with the PC version (I have NEVER seen the PC version of SSA, or even Giants, in the stores).

As has been said, you only need the level item once (per save file you want it in). In SSA after that it appears in the Ruins, you can just walk to it. And after you've played it (I THINK only once you play it), it appears in the Chapter Select menu and you never have to walk to it again.

HOWEVER! Keep in mind that the toy doesn't become useless, it also acts as a magical item, they all cause one mega attack (once per level, just like any other magic item).

They came out with SSA, which hasn't been the current game for nearly a year now, the anniversary is in about a week. Since the Adventure Packs also unlocked their levels in Giants, they still came out sometimes - with something of an exception for Darklight Crypt, that one became like impossible to find. With Swap Force coming out a week ago, which no longer truly supports them, chances are good that the packs aren't being shipped anymore...

Good luck!
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
#8 Posted: 05:18:08 21/10/2013 | Topic Creator
I wanted to get him the WII or XBOX version but he plays all his games on PC. Now the consoles are just collecting dust and I did not want to fork out all the money and then he does not even play.

Too bad for him now, because no one really have the PC version and getting a savegame proofs to be near impossible.

Still keeping my fingers crossed though, and when ever we are at the mall I check for adventure packs.

Kevin I sent you a PM, hoping you will be able to help me out.

I did receive a save game from exosquad which worked somewhat. As I understands he only played through the first level to get to the ruins. Then he unlocked the adventures and save the game and sent it too me.

I restored his save game and it loaded up 100%.

Not sure where to go from here, I do not know how to check if the adventures are unlocked since it is not in the chapter select.

Where does one access the bonus adventures ?
#9 Posted: 19:15:57 21/10/2013
In SSA, as I said, they all appear in the ruins. As I said, I don't think they appear in the Chapter Select until you've played them.

Darklight Crypt appears looking just like the toy. You know the central area, the circular Portal Of Light or whatever it's called? Behind that a bit, in the ruined wall, there's an arch on the left side (behind Cali), it's the only place you can pass through the wall. You can see the Crypt there.

Dragon's Peak appears as a dragon-shaped giant horn (like "You can't hold it, it must rest on a hilltop" kind of giant). Walk past the upgrade fairy Persephone, it's on a hill to the left of her.

Pirate Seas again appears like the toy, which is just a pirate ship. Naturally, this is down on the docks, below where General Robot hangs out - assuming you've ever gotten far enough to see him. You'll have 2 ships there, the left one is Gurglefin's from an early-ish level, the right one (close to the bottom of the stairs) is the Pirate Seas ship.

Empire Of Ice also looks like the toy. This one is FUN (hear the sarcasm?) to find. You need a water type or someone else who can cross water. Assuming you found Dragon's Peak, it's in the water below that. Otherwise, go down to the docks, then ALL the way to the left, and enter the water to the left of Gurglefin's ship. Go a little down but mostly left and you should find it sitting there.

In Activision's defence, when you first add them to the Ruins, you get a bit of a cutscene showing the locations coming into place, making them MUCH easier to find.

In case you haven't caught it, only Darklight Crypt is in a place you can access when you first get to the Ruins. Dragon's Peak/Persephone isn't accessible until you meet her, on Chapter 3 I think, and the other two at the docks aren't accessible until you gain access to the docks, when you meet Gurglefin and he asks for your help. However, I THINK that adding these items gives you early access to their areas, to allow you to use the bonus levels.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:17:20 21/10/2013 by niceguy1
#10 Posted: 05:24:08 22/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks so much clarifying where I should look for the adventures. Really appropriate the time and effort you took to write that up.
#11 Posted: 19:33:26 22/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Kevin16
I have the PC version?

A big thank you from both myself and my son. smilie
#12 Posted: 15:37:31 23/10/2013
Glad i could help you 2!
---
#13 Posted: 05:23:54 24/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Some feedback........Uggg................Hate the Dragons Peek adventure. Its hard jumping and getting scorched all the time.

Ah, well. Luckily dad was there too help.
#14 Posted: 07:42:01 24/10/2013
No problem, my pleasure. smilie

Yeah, Dragon's Peak is annoying in that... They clearly understood this feedback because the version in Giants is significantly better in this respect. It seemed really unfair to me to be jumping blindly, with the game fighting me about if I'm allowed past the invisible wall, then when it let me past it would put me WAY past, right into waiting flames which instantly kill me! It took some PATIENCE to get the No Deaths mini-goal.

Oh, BTW, speaking of... There's a widely known glitch about this level, not sure if it's in the PC version. On at least some systems, you CANNOT get 3 stars on Dragon's Peak, not permanently. You see 3 stars in the final tally, and in Objectives in the Pause menu, but once you're back in the Ruins it shows that you're missing the middle star. I've HEARD of people (well, read about them on here) who've managed to beat this glitch, or so they say, but they weren't able to figure out how they did it. Since we can't check sub-goals in the Ruins, we can't even find out what the game thinks we didn't do, but not dying is one of the candidates, along with finishing quickly.
---
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#15 Posted: 12:26:17 24/10/2013
Quote: niceguy1
(I have NEVER seen the PC version of SSA, or even Giants, in the stores).

Just to clarify, there was no version of Giants for the PC. Only Spyro's Adventure. (and, of course, the Universe webgame and what's left of it...)
#16 Posted: 06:03:04 25/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Real pity Giants did not make it too PC, also it seems most unlikely that Swap Force will make it either.

Ah well. For the time being my son can at least enjoy Spyro's adventure until he gets a liking playing console games.
#17 Posted: 13:32:39 25/10/2013
I don't get why they won't make a PC version anymore... much people don't even have a console...
---
#18 Posted: 21:26:50 25/10/2013
From the looks of everything, SSA wasn't all that popular on the PC, it didn't sell. So they didn't bother making a PC version of Giants, then again with Swap Force. The almighty buck rules all.
---
#19 Posted: 16:29:21 30/10/2013
Yeh not populair because it was so hard to find
---
Spinal Blue Sparx Gems: 910
#20 Posted: 02:14:33 21/11/2013
Quote: Kevin16
Yeh not populair because it was so hard to find

alot of people had problems with it, several controllers didn't work... and you had to have a good pc (at the time) or face some serius lag.

anyway... i have it too.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me