darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Legendary Chop Chop By A Thread Glitch
Page 1 of 1
Legendary Chop Chop By A Thread Glitch [CLOSED]
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#1 Posted: 06:08:09 12/09/2013 | Topic Creator
According to these closed threads:

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=67351

and

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/vi...ic=64918&page=2

It was confirmed that completion of this quest was impossible on Xbox and PS3. I have too confirmed it on PS3.

Activision confirms in the thread they are on the case in both threads, but no responses back.

It was eluded that this quest could in fact be completed on Wii, but others indicate it is a problem on all platforms.

According to this site:

http://www.xbox360achievements...ad.php?t=501298

It is also not confirmed as working on Wii either.

I do not want this thread closed; I'd like Activision to update us on how this quest can be completed and/or any luck someone has in actually completing the quest.

Well, now I know what Cali meant when she said "I've never seen anyone upgrade all of their skyladers" lol.

Thanks.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 06:23:17 12/09/2013 by GhostRoaster
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#2 Posted: 12:36:59 12/09/2013
Well, to be honest, I have been trying to complete that particular quest. I tried Legendary Chop Chop defeating the Evil one in Nightmare mode, when he is level one, defeating him on the other difficulties, nothing. I have been testing this on the Wii U, and I cannot do anymore testing right now as my disc has been bitten. I will search up my old topic involving this glitch.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
#3 Posted: 13:05:54 12/09/2013 | Topic Creator
My guess plain and simple is that the QA guys didn't test with this character and that the developers didn't put in the character ID on the RFID chip for one of the qualified characters this quest belongs to.

If this is the case, can we ask for a refund due to this character's impossibility to perform? It really puts a bad taste in my mouth on bothering with legendaries now.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#4 Posted: 23:05:45 12/09/2013
Nope, you can't ask for a refund for the game. It is the final version of the game across all platforms. You might get lucky and you can make L-Chop Chop gold in Swap-Force.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
#5 Posted: 14:45:36 13/09/2013 | Topic Creator
^ Talking about the figure.

Activision? Where art thou? I await a final confirmation that this is unachievable.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:45:57 13/09/2013 by GhostRoaster
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#6 Posted: 23:08:24 13/09/2013
Sadly this is why I hope after swap force they abandon the wii and focus on the wii u. I don't like the fact they can't patch a game to fix a bug because it would cause one system to be out of luck. Hopefully Skylanders4
#7 Posted: 01:12:35 14/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Frankly with the money rolling in they could still fix the other platforms if they so chose. L-A-Z-Y.

Still waiting for an answer, Activision...
---
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#8 Posted: 09:31:32 14/09/2013
yeah, give us some answers!
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#9 Posted: 09:32:48 14/09/2013
I'm REALLY sure it's a fairness thing, so the Wii isn't "left out", like the least favourite child or something. smilie
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
#10 Posted: 02:17:55 17/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: niceguy1
I'm REALLY sure it's a fairness thing, so the Wii isn't "left out", like the least favourite child or something. smilie

So this is Activision's answer to "No Child Left Behind!" LOL I guess they think I'm going away. Maybe I just need to call support everyday now.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:18:54 17/09/2013 by GhostRoaster
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#11 Posted: 03:11:29 17/09/2013
LOL there is a worse glitch in the 3DS version of skylanders giants... if you register more then 99 skylanders (only possible if you register "Special" skylanders) the game crashes and deletes the save file (so you have to start the game all over). I have been able to reproduce this glitch 7 times (I can never register my full collection) smilie
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:12:43 17/09/2013 by darkrai848
#12 Posted: 03:20:06 17/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: darkrai848
LOL there is a worse glitch in the 3DS version of skylanders giants... if you register more then 99 skylanders (only possible if you register "Special" skylanders) the game crashes and deletes the save file (so you have to start the game all over). I have been able to reproduce this glitch 7 times (I can never register my full collection) smilie

Holy Schnikes! Wowzers. They're programming like it's 1999 with this two digit stuff. Still can't believe 65k is the most money you can save. Now that deserves some attention. I think you've convinced me to stay away from the 3DS version too. Maybe I can start a Skylanders Bug Channel and constantly harp on this---seems like it will be the only way to get their attention.

Interestingly ATVIAssist was there "to look into it" on the previous threads...but staying far away now that this has been called out three times.

Repeat after me, Activision: "Our stuff is broke. We apologize."
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:24:03 17/09/2013 by GhostRoaster
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#13 Posted: 04:44:40 17/09/2013
has anyone ever tried to see if it works on the Wii U ?
#14 Posted: 08:17:02 17/09/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster
Quote: niceguy1

So this is Activision's answer to "No Child Left Behind!" LOL I guess they think I'm going away. Maybe I just need to call support everyday now.

Weeeellllllllllll, I was also forgetting a point: SSA was initially designed for the Wii only, they decided to port it to the other systems later. The Wii is like the lead, star console on these games. If the star can't be upgraded, I guess nobody can. smilie
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
#15 Posted: 22:53:16 17/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Not necessarily....some of the versions were tweaked from a difficulty perspective. It's possible (though not probable) that the glitch may only exist on certain platforms.

Bottom line--bugs need fixes. If I don't hear anything about how they plan on addressing bugs with their games now 3 versions in and 1.5 billion dollars later maybe I can find another franchise to give my money to.
---
#16 Posted: 23:13:31 17/09/2013
Do we know anything about quests in swap force?
Im really hoping that Legendary Chop Chop can get Gold Rank in Swap Force, and still have it when I go play him in Giants again.
sort of like how Heroics are backwards compatible between games.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:14:08 17/09/2013 by Hazard335
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#17 Posted: 07:31:41 18/09/2013
GhostRoaster, get over it? A game can't be 100% bug-free no matter how many people test the game. I don't believe the Legendary Chop Chop bug is severe to a point it would make you abandon Skylanders...
---
bye
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#18 Posted: 10:52:07 18/09/2013
Quote: newkill
GhostRoaster, get over it? A game can't be 100% bug-free no matter how many people test the game. I don't believe the Legendary Chop Chop bug is severe to a point it would make you abandon Skylanders...

I have to agree with you there. Not being able to complete one quest on one Skylander isn't really hurting your effectiveness with legendary Chop Chop that much. The gold top hat is great, but there are other good hats.

You can also look at it this way: If the lack of a full completion bothers you, keep in mind that NOBODY can complete this, so technically having one quest left on L Chop Chop is 100% completion - nobody on Earth has that quest done.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:58:59 18/09/2013 by Friendzie
#19 Posted: 10:53:15 18/09/2013
To that point (of newkill's), I've worked as a game tester. I worked for a testing company, and for the game developer directly (I had several game testing jobs). For example, I worked on Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. Our team was huge, testing it for months, like 6 to 9 months - if you have it, you can look for Babel Media in the credits (I was a floater, so I'm not named by name in the credits, but several others are). Hundreds if not thousands of manhours. At one point I was working on it 8 hours a day, 7 days a week, for 34 days straight (i.e. 1 day short of 5 weeks straight). When released, it still had bugs, including one I had reported (that I guess they decided not to bother fixing).

No matter how much testing, no, no game will ever be 100% bug free.
---
#20 Posted: 11:06:31 18/09/2013
I just wish this L-Chop Chop bug got fixed somehow.
all the other bugs don't bother me, but this one just annoys the hell out of my need for completeness.
I would be totally satisfied if it can be completed in SF, in the same way Lightning Rod's Heroic Challenge was fixed in Giants (I know this had a work around in SSA, but its the best example I could think of)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:07:39 18/09/2013 by Hazard335
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#21 Posted: 11:28:01 18/09/2013
Quote: Hazard335
all the other bugs don't bother me, but this one just annoys the hell out of my need for completeness.
I would be totally satisfied if it can be completed in SF, in the same way Lightning Rod's Heroic Challenge was fixed in Giants (I know this had a work around in SSA, but its the best example I could think of)

I wish they could patch it, but right now missing 1 quest *is* complete for this figure.
#22 Posted: 13:47:00 18/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Friendzie

I wish they could patch it, but right now missing 1 quest *is* complete for this figure.

Feel free to ask me change for $1.

I'll give you two nickels. You'll say "That's not a dollar!"

I'll say. Sure it is...for me two nickels is a dollar.

We got short changed. The fact that I can't complete the task of upgrading all of the skylanders is enough for me to leave the franchise. Oh you're melodramatic you say. Well, if they're going to have nut cracker bugs like this...they deserve to get a hit.

I hope TRU asks Activision for retribution for those returning the figures saying "it's broke".
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 13:50:18 18/09/2013 by GhostRoaster
siowm6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#23 Posted: 00:52:07 19/09/2013
Quote: Friendzie
If the lack of a full completion bothers you, keep in mind that NOBODY can complete this, so technically having one quest left on L Chop Chop is 100% completion - nobody on Earth has that quest done.

[User Posted Image]

Sorry, but the statement is not completely true. I believe no one has been able to complete this quest in game, but there are workarounds outside of the game.

I know Op showed a few threads that talked about this, and stated they were closed. Here is an active one that discusses it.

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=73873

As Op states "It was confirmed that completion of this quest was impossible on Xbox and PS3." And that is true. You can not complete this quest on the game. But can do it on your Pc.

Please read above thread, and keep any questions to me about this in Pm.
#24 Posted: 02:02:40 19/09/2013 | Topic Creator
I'm aware of the editor, but my understanding is that it doesn't allow editing for quests. This tool isn't sanctioned either and I want to do it legitimately...you know.

I work in software...I understand about bugs. Not sure if this was "overlooked" on purpose or not...for me...anything that prevents completion should be a higher priority than something more obtuse.

I just want Activision to confirm it's THEIR bug and that there is nothing we can do LEGITIMATELY to complete the quest. After seeing multiple threads with no response (after them chiming in but not updating us) I think that's the least we should get here.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:05:39 19/09/2013 by GhostRoaster
#25 Posted: 02:11:50 19/09/2013
I completely agree with what your are saying. My post was not so much aimed towards you but at others that think it is not do able by any means. I would like a way to complete this in game the right way also, but it doesn't look like it is going to happen right now.

As for the editor, no you cant edit quests with the current understanding, but can still make the gold level happen.
#26 Posted: 10:06:11 19/09/2013
I've worked as a game tester (not on these games, though, moved on to other jobs before SSA would have been designed), I can tell you that it's likely that Legendary Chop Chop might not have been tested at all, or at a reduced level. There's usually great motivation to get DONE, to hurry up to get to the next thing. I often got in trouble for taking a long time, from being thorough. I suspect chances are good that it was assumed that whatever worked on Chop Chop worked on Legendary Chop Chop, so the latter probably got minimal testing, just to make sure he was properly recognized and labelled in the game, that's it.
---
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#27 Posted: 01:43:13 26/10/2013
I agree with the stance with they should have fixed it, but at least you can get Silver and have the hat. You can get the hat from Swap Force now so.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
#28 Posted: 01:56:47 26/10/2013
^Are you saying that L-Chop Chop can finally get a Gold Rank in Swap Force?
Please tell me it is so!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:58:04 26/10/2013 by Hazard335
#29 Posted: 02:29:12 26/10/2013
You can buy the Bronze, Silver, and Gold top hats in Swap Force. Or you can get Gold rank in Swap Force. But Gold rank for Swap force and Giants is not the same. If you got a, for example, S3 Spyro, and went and got gold rank in Giants with him he would not be gold rank in Swap force. You have to complete a new set of Quests. Therefore the L-Chop Chop issue is not fixed in Swap force. You can obtain Silver Giants rank and Gold Swap force rank. But not gold and gold through legit means.
#30 Posted: 02:33:49 26/10/2013
I think I understand now, so if you get Gold in Swap Force, then take him over to Giants he still will be Silver?
and then bring him back to SF he will be Gold again?
kinda lame...
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#31 Posted: 02:39:19 26/10/2013
I think I understand now, so if you get Gold in Swap Force, then take him over to Giants he still will be Silver?
and then bring him back to SF he will be Gold again?
kinda lame...

The main problem was that I can't blame people for wanting the Gold Hat for Legendary Chop Chop. No in Giants it stays Silver, but you can get Gold for him in Swap Force if you wish.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
#32 Posted: 00:08:51 27/10/2013
If a Skylander has gold Giants rank, and then obtains gold Swap force rank they will have 2 gold symbols next to their name in Swap force. In the case of L-Chop Chop he would have a silver symbol and a gold symbol in Swap force, and just silver in Giants.
#33 Posted: 00:29:37 27/10/2013
Awesome info siowm6.
How is Ghost Roaster's Gold Rank in SF?
Hope he dont have to be reset anymore.
#34 Posted: 00:41:56 27/10/2013
Couldn't tell you. I am not spending the time to level everyone up manually. Never have. I just find ways to fix the issues others find.
#35 Posted: 04:37:16 27/10/2013
So, question (not that I have either L Chop Chop nor Swap Force): If you put the Gold Top Hat on him in Swap Force, will he still be wearing it in Giants? I know if I go into my Nightmare save, equip the Knight's Helm, then go into my normal save where that hat is still locked, they're still wearing the Knight's Helm, so I'm wondering if this would work the same...
---
#36 Posted: 06:40:23 27/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Might be answered more quickly in a SF thread.
---
#37 Posted: 06:48:09 27/10/2013
Since I don't have Swap Force, and won't have Swap Force, I am NOT venturing into the Swap Force forum. smilie Closest I have is the Toys & Merchandise forum, and this isn't a T&M question. So this is the most appropriate thread in the most appropriate forum that is available. I'm only asking out of curiosity, and for any future readers (for whom this WOULD apply).
---
#38 Posted: 07:04:23 27/10/2013 | Topic Creator
LOL...do you turn into a pumpkin if you venture in a forum for a game you don't have? Or is it you don't want to tempt fate? smilie

I'm pretty sure if you put the Gold Hat on in Swap Force it would appear in Giants. However, Hats for which there is no equivalent would not work. This is based on information I've obtained in that forum you don't venture into.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:05:45 27/10/2013 by GhostRoaster
#39 Posted: 03:19:23 28/10/2013
This is due to the fact that I only was interested in the SSA and Giants forums, then a thread that was important to me got shoved into T&M, now I have 3 forums I check. I don't want a fourth. smilie

Also I can't discuss Swap Force anyway, in addition to not having or trying it, I've been actively avoiding reading about what the game is like for months. smilie

And obviously hats which didn't exist previously won't appear in previous games, I've seen it a million times with Giants hats in SSA. I didn't ask that. I'm only asking because the Gold Top Hat DOES indeed exist in Giants.
---
Dragon-Master Blue Sparx Gems: 786
#40 Posted: 23:23:16 30/11/2013
I tried by putting the Gold Top Hat on Legendary Chop Chop in swap force, then taking him over to giants. He was still wearing the Gold Top Hat but did not have a gold for quests and the Gold Top Hat was not unlocked for hats for him to wear. Also after removing the hat there was no way for me to put it back on him unless I were to take him back to swap force.
---
Collection:
Spyro's Adventure & Giants - 98/99 (Royal Double Trouble)
Swap Force - 73/75 (Bumble Blast LC, QD Rattle Shake)
#41 Posted: 02:53:40 06/12/2013
Quote: Dragon-Master
I tried by putting the Gold Top Hat on Legendary Chop Chop in swap force, then taking him over to giants. He was still wearing the Gold Top Hat but did not have a gold for quests and the Gold Top Hat was not unlocked for hats for him to wear. Also after removing the hat there was no way for me to put it back on him unless I were to take him back to swap force.

The quests and hats are stored in 2 separate locations on the figure. And because the S:SF quests are both different and stored in a different location than the S:G quests, there is still no way to legitimately get gold rank from S:G on L-Chop Chop.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me