Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Giving up on ghost roaster and darklight crypt
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
Giving up on ghost roaster and darklight crypt [CLOSED]
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#1 Posted: 01:56:45 21/08/2013 | Topic Creator
smilie I just cant find them without a high price or tricky order.(with high price after shipping)

And he is only getting pricier without a repose in swap force
GG Ghost Roaster
You will haunt my "don't have list " forever
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#2 Posted: 02:07:43 21/08/2013
Good for you!

Stick to your guns, though.
If you're truly giving up, then really give up the hunt and let it go.

If you're just looking for pity or attention though .... here's the world's smallest violin playing a sad song for you!

:-)
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#3 Posted: 03:27:01 21/08/2013
Keep trying second-hand shops that sell used Skylanders. Try often enough and eventually it should pay off.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Mattlander Yellow Sparx Gems: 1338
#4 Posted: 05:57:23 21/08/2013
Check local craigslist very often, especially Saturday mornings when people are starting garage sales. I recently got a pile of Skylanders including the game, the full crypt pack and boomer for $70. I saw another bigger lot like that (had the crypt pack and boomer) at the same time. If you find something like that you can keep/trade/give/sell the rest.
jorgito2001 Green Sparx Gems: 373
#5 Posted: 20:09:46 21/08/2013
Craiglist in my area is "wise" to Darklight Crypt's worth...I see them posted all the time, but asking close to $100 (often open already)...not thanks!

Maybe by some GRAND miracle, Activision will stumble across some unshipped boxes of Darklight Crypt's and say "Ahhhhh.....HERE they were the whole time!" and send 'em out!
Rom713 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1347
#6 Posted: 21:17:20 21/08/2013
I saw 2 Darklight Crypt packs in my WalMart today morning.
So they are still in production.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#7 Posted: 21:46:59 21/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Rom713
I saw 2 Darklight Crypt packs in my WalMart today morning.
So they are still in production.

O.O buy me one and I will buy it for full price +shipping cost (I am in the U.S. but idk where you are sadly )
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#8 Posted: 22:02:36 21/08/2013
Where are you Rom713?
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
Rom713 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1347
#9 Posted: 22:28:41 21/08/2013
I'm in Tracy, California. It's near SFBA.
Windumup and shelly9871 - send me PM if you want these and I can buy them on my way back home and we can figure it out how to send it to you.
#10 Posted: 22:35:35 21/08/2013
Appreciate it--thx--but im good. smilie
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#11 Posted: 01:37:11 22/08/2013
If anyone can find me one pm me. I'll also pay full price plus shipping and send you any skylander giants figure you want I have 3 of each. I know no trading etc on the forum I'm just saying if someone isboffering to pick one up in interested. I went to my walmart today and the guy said one of their employees almost got fired yesterday nc he wqs going in the back opening all the boxes and taking the rare ones out. Behind him was a SSA ignitor in a voodood box huge factory error it looked amazing from a distance when he went to ring it up I noticed the packaging was open around the top so o didn't buy it. He said the employee had that figure in his hamds and the manager ripped it oit of his hands bc he was tired of the employee taking merchandise and pouring it on ebay before customers even had a chance at seeing them. The background was vodood bit had ignitor series1 in box and the name plate said ignitor too. I was so excited for about 1 minute ughhhh. So shooting this happens everywhere so we can't find a darkloght crypt.
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#12 Posted: 02:02:52 22/08/2013
Quote: DrillSarge
If anyone can find me one pm me. I'll also pay full price plus shipping and send you any skylander giants figure you want I have 3 of each. I know no trading etc on the forum I'm just saying if someone isboffering to pick one up in interested. I went to my walmart today and the guy said one of their employees almost got fired yesterday nc he wqs going in the back opening all the boxes and taking the rare ones out. Behind him was a SSA ignitor in a voodood box huge factory error it looked amazing from a distance when he went to ring it up I noticed the packaging was open around the top so o didn't buy it. He said the employee had that figure in his hamds and the manager ripped it oit of his hands bc he was tired of the employee taking merchandise and pouring it on ebay before customers even had a chance at seeing them. The background was vodood bit had ignitor series1 in box and the name plate said ignitor too. I was so excited for about 1 minute ughhhh. So shooting this happens everywhere so we can't find a darkloght crypt.

So, did you sell your collection? I know from previous conversations we've had that you live in my area, and at that time you already had at least 1 full set of SSA figures as well as a couple of sets of all the Giants characters out at the time. So, what's up with needing another Darklight Crypt? All stores in our area were overloaded with those as well as Boomer until right around the launch of Giants. Are you now trying to collect a sealed set of SSA or something?

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#13 Posted: 02:10:43 22/08/2013
I agree with you DrillSarge ....i have NEVER and a say again NEVER!! seen a chase varient in any of the stores around here....for that reason..because every employee knows what there worth to the collectors...and all they see is the dollar signs flashing in there eyes....not realizing they could get fired over it.
Im not a major collector...but there are some i would have liked to have found.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
#14 Posted: 02:25:16 22/08/2013
Quote: Phoenix_Lord
I agree with you DrillSarge ....i have NEVER and a say again NEVER!! seen a chase varient in any of the stores around here....for that reason..because every employee knows what there worth to the collectors...and all they see is the dollar signs flashing in there eyes....not realizing they could get fired over it.
Im not a major collector...but there are some i would have liked to have found.

It's not just the employees, though. My area is absolutely overrun with scalpers, flea market merchants as well as opportunistic employees. The store employees are lowest on the list due to the fact that they normally don't get much of the local "rare" merchandise so much as they phone/email/text the various other opportunists so they can come in right at stock time, or (in several cases that I've personally come across) after stock has actually been put out but "Oh, it looks like they missed a box in the back" and suddenly there's a box of whatever with all of the rare/shortpacked/artificially scarcified items from a line, and the guy who "showed up at just the right time" happens to buy the whole box. Most retail employees on here will openly admit that they'd get fired for hiding stock, buying it for themselves (on the clock, anyway), etc., but there's a lot of gray area when it comes to signalling other folks in.

You should see how few Marvel Universe figures there ever are on pegs in my area (save Falcon and Gladiator), but when you go to the flea market... (disgusted sigh)

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
jorgito2001 Green Sparx Gems: 373
#15 Posted: 19:24:20 22/08/2013
Chalk me up as another who's willing to pay full price + shipping & a little extra if necessary (within reason). PM me! Thanks guys! My kids bust my chops ALL the time about leaving one on the shelf at Walmart about 4-5 months ago (still kicking myself for that)!
lady_valdyme Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#16 Posted: 20:46:07 22/08/2013
Just found 2 dlcs at the Walmart I work at. They are still out there. I can post a picture when I get off work.
---
Red Panda does not approve.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#17 Posted: 20:46:58 22/08/2013
i have a DLC... sealed
#18 Posted: 21:24:16 22/08/2013
Yeah I would like to have a sealed set of DLC and a boomer. I have lots 8d be willing to trade or let go of for either one. I'm giving swap force a chance before I abandon skylanders. Infinity has been a great game with lots of hours of gameplay and unlimited potential. If we could take the pros from infinity and pros from skylanders it would make one epic game. I'm just done collecting. Insured of having several sets like I have I just want one of each. I've got a boomer 3 pack but id like to have the single or a DLC. Pm me anyone thats up for testing or discussing this further. Thanks
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#19 Posted: 21:47:17 22/08/2013
It's a shame trading etc is not allowed in this forum.

Does anybody have a recommendation of where that sort of activity should be done?
#20 Posted: 22:33:02 22/08/2013
Its hard to policee bc of someone got ripped off who is most likely to get blamed? The mods or creator of this site You can still do it just send PMs instead of paying a topic. I'm willing to trade but instead of making a topic and advertising I just simply tell people to contact me via PM then contribute to the conversation.
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#21 Posted: 22:40:47 22/08/2013
It's sad that there is so much fear for the site!
Seriously, you can't blame them for a users actions.

Posting on this forum would be so useful for trades. Especially on items like DLC that are quite rare and have a regularly updated thread.

It would be easy to post here saying you have or want a DLC and would trade for blah/ or cash etc.

Is there another forum or single location for trading? (Sorry for going off topic a bit here!) In fact, don't post back here. PM me if you know where the correct place to trade/sell/buy (not eBay!) is and let this thread get back on topic.
#22 Posted: 22:50:53 22/08/2013
Agreed pyrofer
Paypal insures you so that is a safety measure...and clearly itd be "at your own risk." Its not logical to hold dark responsible for a transaction gone bad. But this has been discussed too many times. ..so I'll stop...
But agreed Pyrofer
---
Judaschrist0240 Blue Sparx Gems: 668
#23 Posted: 22:52:48 22/08/2013
Thank you i have multiple variants to trade but how am i suppose to know someone on here is creditable?
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#24 Posted: 22:53:38 22/08/2013
there is one rule to follo when it comes to skylanders.... buy it when you see it.. and dont hesitate or think you get it cheaper later.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#25 Posted: 00:03:21 23/08/2013
I do wish we had a marketplace forum. where one could say they have so and so for sale and ppl work it thru pm.
#26 Posted: 00:10:21 23/08/2013
Quote: Judaschrist0240
Thank you i have multiple variants to trade but how am i suppose to know someone on here is creditable?

Unless you're looking for an original E3 set of figures, based on the photos you've shared, you don't have anything much left to trade for, so I wouldn't worry too much. ;-D

-Doug
---
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#27 Posted: 01:47:49 23/08/2013
Advertising is against the forum rules. If you create a topic about it, it will be closed.

There are several trading forums out there. Go there if you absolutely need to trade.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#28 Posted: 02:13:30 23/08/2013
Quote: Judaschrist0240

I would start by eliminating people who don't know how to spell.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
#29 Posted: 02:18:24 23/08/2013
((Laughing))
---
#30 Posted: 03:10:59 23/08/2013
[User Posted Image]
Here is the picture of the two DLC's I saw in store today at my Walmart as proof that they're still out there. One of them sold within a 5 hour period (from when I found them while I was on my break to when I got off work) and the other is hidden under lock and key for my little sister now.
---
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#31 Posted: 03:57:05 23/08/2013
Thats most impressive...i haven't seen those on a Walmart shelve....much less any stores shelves in many months.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
#32 Posted: 04:35:24 23/08/2013
It seems that we got in a new Adventure pack shipment in and this magical box had the DLCs in it instead of the usual Pirate Seas.. Most certainly not complaining haha.
---
RatchetJukes1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#33 Posted: 07:36:36 23/08/2013
I feel the same pain. I've only ever seen one DLC in the wild but didn't pick it up because I preferred Terrafin over Ghost Roaster. @lady_valdyme you're so lucky to see these in the wild again smilie
---
smilie's resident Lombax has returned!
Cquinlan07 Blue Sparx Gems: 513
#34 Posted: 13:16:32 23/08/2013
Don't give up..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j17tpi961fxhjop/IMAG0119.jpg
#35 Posted: 13:40:26 23/08/2013
Quote: lady_valdyme
It seems that we got in a new Adventure pack shipment in and this magical box had the DLCs in it instead of the usual Pirate Seas.. Most certainly not complaining haha.

Possible new assortment?
---
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#36 Posted: 15:32:08 23/08/2013
Quote: Matteomax

Possible new assortment?

It is possible. They had to do a new run of Darklight Crypt for the Japan market for the release of SSA, so it would make sense they would run some for other markets given it is highly in demand.
#37 Posted: 16:59:50 23/08/2013
I would love for this to be true. If they start getting shipments in again I will be first there to buy one!
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#38 Posted: 17:36:29 23/08/2013
Quote: defpally

Possible new assortment?

It is possible. They had to do a new run of Darklight Crypt for the Japan market for the release of SSA, so it would make sense they would run some for other markets given it is highly in demand.

Yeah, they could really rake in the dough if they send them out. Knowing we won't have one in Swap Force means they have a lot of untapped potential in the market...why should scalpers have all the fun?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#39 Posted: 18:23:38 23/08/2013
i found it on a random site, i just bought it no matter the prize , i lost only 20 bux , without knowing even
Will171717 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1208
#40 Posted: 18:34:40 23/08/2013
I have ghost roaster but not the items or level. also I need boomer
---
henlo
TheGooch Blue Sparx Gems: 709
#41 Posted: 04:17:34 24/08/2013
Advertising is against the forum rules. If you create a topic about it, it will be closed.

There are several trading forums out there. Go there if you absolutely need to trade.

.....says the person listing the figures that he needs in his signature.....
---
http://www.ghostery.com/ Knowledge + Control = Privacy
My new favorite web browser add-on.
#42 Posted: 07:13:41 24/08/2013
I finally caved in a bought a DLC from eBay...wasn't too bad though to be honest. £27.00+£2.99 shipped. Converts to $46.70.
---
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#43 Posted: 07:43:25 24/08/2013
If at first you don't succeed, you fail.
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
#44 Posted: 13:32:22 24/08/2013
Quote: TheGooch

.....says the person listing the figures that he needs in his signature.....

Yeah, I need them, I'm not asking for them.
---
Thunder Blade Red Sparx Gems: 19
#45 Posted: 14:11:45 24/08/2013
i got 2last night at local walmart. they had them and dragons peak on shelf. and to top it off they had it hanging on a giants peg so i got them for 14.96 each!
Urban_Yeti Green Sparx Gems: 448
#46 Posted: 15:54:36 24/08/2013
Why would Walmart lower the price of an item because someone put it on the wrong peg?
#47 Posted: 16:43:49 24/08/2013
That is bizarre---People would do that all the time--"hey, it was on the shelf/peg/whatever that said it was cheaper, I should get that price." Or , "it was on the clearance rack--I should get it for that price." I can't imagine that working--ever.
---
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#48 Posted: 16:46:57 24/08/2013
Actually it does work. I argued with a tru employee once because all the SSA triples were on a rack that was lower then the rest of them and they honored it. Some were 28.99 others were 24.99. My wife also got a Power Ranger legacy morpher for 20.99 when they are worth 59.99 because 4 of them were in a spot with a tag saying 20.99. Does it work every time, prob not. If you find one lone thing somewhere wrong it doesn't, if it's many of them then it will.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:49:36 24/08/2013 by SlayerX11
#49 Posted: 16:47:49 24/08/2013
WOW---that is amazing. I have never seen that work ever...Learn something new every day! smilie
---
Thunder Blade Red Sparx Gems: 19
#50 Posted: 17:45:09 24/08/2013
i live in a small mountain town in north georga. ill gladly take a pic of the recepit and crypts when i get off work. wasnt trying to brag. just wanted to let o.p. know that they still are shipping to stores so there is hope.
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me