Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Lost, like 4 or 5 days worth of work! [CLOSED]
jorgito2001 Green Sparx Gems: 373
#1 Posted: 18:09:15 16/08/2013 | Topic Creator
OMG, so p!ssed right now! I just finished getting the much needed Tailor I've been putting off! Noticed I kept getting the fairy message when starting Lost islands up about "all my friend are on Activate"..noticed I wasn't getting any "gifts" the last few days to find out I wasn't logged onto Activate...so I just did it...and lo & behold, my game from approximately 4 or 5 days ago came up...I'm short a bunch of gems, wishing stones and my Tailor is gone (of course), my money & magic is screwy! On top of that I was close on achieving some of the timed Goals which now end 2 days from now and I'm pretty much screwed on trying complete now! I'm sick to my stomach! Almost as if I lost a week's worth of effort!

Can anyone help or shed some light?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:10:43 16/08/2013 by jorgito2001
Pico Blue Sparx Gems: 576
#2 Posted: 18:29:32 16/08/2013
Do you play on multiple devices? If so there is a chance your local save vs. cloud save got out of sync. Grab the other device, turn off the network connection, and start up the game and check the status. If it's further along then turn back on your network and sync to the cloud. That should be the preferred save on the device you lost the data.

The issues with staying logged into Activate are the reasons I won't play on more than 1 device.
skylanderGIRLz Green Sparx Gems: 226
#3 Posted: 18:40:51 16/08/2013
If you log out of activate again you should be brought back to your more recent save (it should have saved locally if you've been logged out for a few days.) Go into the options menu and there should be an option similar to 'Transfer Save to Cloud' and once you tap that, it'll ask you to sign in, or at least it should. That should overwrite your activate save with your local one (which is more current.)
jorgito2001 Green Sparx Gems: 373
#4 Posted: 20:36:12 16/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Only options are "'Save To Cloud" (which I did) and Facebook "Authorize", "credits" & the like..nothing on a local game.

Its not as bad as losing my WHOLE game..so I guess I shouldn't be TOO upset...still, felt like I lost a few days worth. My Gnarly Tree Rex is back down to Level 10 from Level 11, which I wanna say I did just a day or two ago..so it might've been less time then I thought...still, I lost about 20 Wishing Stones for sure (that really stinks!!)

Oh, and by the way, I only use ONE device (my iPod Touch 4).

BIG 'OL UPDATE: Re-read SkylanderGIRLz post and this time, went INTO Activate (top right corner) and Logged off my acount from there and you were right...my local save came back (yay). THEN went into Options and I believe the option was 'Transfer local save to your acct" or soemthing along those lines...after 2 or 3 warnings of "you SURE you wanna continue, your Cloud save will be lost..blah blah" (making me a bit nervous), I went through with it and BOOM...old save back on! Double Yay! Thank you both for taking the time to respond! I actually am up to 214 wishing stones (from 178 on that other cloud save)...that's an awful lot of wishing stones to lose! Thanks again!!!! smilie
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 20:58:09 16/08/2013 by jorgito2001
sklndrmommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1508
#5 Posted: 04:22:12 17/08/2013
Yay! Glad it worked out :-)
---
Trying to keep an updated code trading list in my guestbook for Lost Islands.
Mommy to player JacksonTreeRex.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me