Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Punch Pop Fizz Single, Post info here if any sightings
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Punch Pop Fizz Single, Post info here if any sightings [CLOSED]
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#51 Posted: 17:18:02 19/08/2013
Quote: UncleBob
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/...ine_uptoday.php

This press release really makes me think we won't be getting him in the US (in package, of course).

Thankfully, GAME shipped my order. Yay!

I don't think we will. The 3DS is really popular here, and making it's exclusive available as a single would undercut the potential sales. A single makes more sense where the 3DS isn't as common or popular.

I think we are far more likely to get a Royal Double Trouble single, and I personally believe time is running out on that. It's kind of late for us to not have heard anything on this.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#52 Posted: 17:22:22 19/08/2013
Quote: Matteomax
Only 25,000? Yeesh, that's a lot.

Not really.

Obviously, the UK has a different land size and population density, but think of it this way.

There are over 3,000 Walmart stores and 5,000 GameStop locations in the US. Say each one of these stores got one case of Scarlett Ninjini (six per case) - that's 48,000 of her. Nearly double what they're saying was made for this Punch Pop Fizz.

Now, throw in *all* the other stores that carried her (Toys R Us, Best Buy, Target), the online stores (Walmart.com, Amazon.com, etc.) and the fact that a lot of these places received more than one case (some of them, a *lot* more than one case).

25,000 isn't a lot.

Quote: defpally

I think we are far more likely to get a Royal Double Trouble single, and I personally believe time is running out on that. It's kind of late for us to not have heard anything on this.

Yeah, I've been thinking we won't see him ever since it was announced he was getting a release in the UK. All signs point to "no" - although I could be wrong. I wouldn't bet on this one either way. smilie

As for RDT... I don't know what's going on with him. I know the iOS starter sales have been rancid (only beaten to the bottom by the PC version of the first game), so I can see GameStop wanting to keep him exclusive until they sell down on those bundles.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:26:39 19/08/2013 by UncleBob
fateorfear Blue Sparx Gems: 901
#53 Posted: 15:00:33 20/08/2013
£5 in both Tesco and asda, bit gutted as I paid full price on day of release for the ones I bought smilie
---
DARK SPYRO HAS RETURNED!!!!
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me