Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
They are here [CLOSED]
Excelsior Yellow Sparx Gems: 1170
#1 Posted: 12:36:15 12/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Trigger Snappy
Whisper Elf
Choppy Pods
50% off Magic skylanders
Ninjini's House
---
banksia123
lady_valdyme Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#2 Posted: 12:47:07 12/08/2013
Is it just Trigger Snappy and Whisper Elf? What about Terrabite and Gill Runt or the Giantskicks? D:
---
Red Panda does not approve.
#3 Posted: 12:50:46 12/08/2013 | Topic Creator
That's all I have.

Just came through as an in app update.

Try rebooting if you don't have them.

No idea about the others I was hoping for Barkley he would have rocked with to 2 Tree Rexes but they are independent so it does not matter.
---
banksia123
#4 Posted: 12:52:11 12/08/2013 | Topic Creator
I can not believe I got in with the news first.

I thought someone else would type faster.
---
banksia123
#5 Posted: 13:06:02 12/08/2013
Im in the states so I won't get the update until tomorrow, I'm just super excited and looking ahead. :) Thank you for the update!
---
#6 Posted: 13:11:05 12/08/2013 | Topic Creator
It was almost the eleventh hour here if it was a Monday update.

We are nearly midnight Monday here.
---
banksia123
sungren150 Blue Sparx Gems: 914
#7 Posted: 13:23:15 12/08/2013
300 gems for an extra 25% gold?
No way, too expensive.
Does anybody know if they can be won via skylander spin?
---
Add me if you play Skylandrers Lost Islands. My ID is sundgren150
Sorry for my English. It is not my mother tongue.
skylanderGIRLz Green Sparx Gems: 226
#8 Posted: 14:45:09 12/08/2013
Quote: lady_valdyme
Im in the states so I won't get the update until tomorrow, I'm just super excited and looking ahead. smilie Thank you for the update!

It actually doesn't matter the time, the updates are pushed out all at once and not based on a time of day so regardless to where you are on the globe, you should have it now.
#9 Posted: 14:52:45 12/08/2013
Quote: skylanderGIRLz
Quote: lady_valdyme
Im in the states so I won't get the update until tomorrow, I'm just super excited and looking ahead. :) Thank you for the update!

It actually doesn't matter the time, the updates are pushed out all at once and not based on a time of day so regardless to where you are on the globe, you should have it now.

... derp. I totally thought that the sidekicks were a Super Tuesday thing! Ugh, egg on my face lol. Well with that being said I guess I need to go rescue my sidekicks from the app store!
---
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#10 Posted: 14:52:55 12/08/2013
Quote: sungren150
300 gems for an extra 25% gold?
No way, too expensive.
Does anybody know if they can be won via skylander spin?

They seem to be added to the sklyander "roster" (I now have a total of 76 skylanders available in the portal icon). My guess is they will be the last ones won.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
sklndrmommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1508
#11 Posted: 18:12:19 12/08/2013
You can spin for them. I have a code for whisper elf at home so I'm waiting to spin until later, but trigger snappy will be mine later! Right now trigger snappy and whisper elf are the only skylanders I don't have and my option to spin has returned.
---
Trying to keep an updated code trading list in my guestbook for Lost Islands.
Mommy to player JacksonTreeRex.
Moorea12 Green Sparx Gems: 464
#12 Posted: 04:25:49 13/08/2013
So I don't have my code for Trigger Snappy anymore, and I just realized that they shut down Spyro's Universe in April.... is a Bluetooth portal the ONLY way to get him into the game without purchasing him in-game? Battlegrounds is still 40 bucks and the portals on eBay are ~$30. Not worth it.
#13 Posted: 17:32:31 13/08/2013
We found a Bluetooth portal at vintage stock for $12. A decent deal since we don't need battlegrounds and we have 3 lost island players with 40 some skylanders to share.
I think you can find you code through Giants somewhere in the character details. I don't know if this works for the sidekicks but you might try digging on the game.
---
Haseo Blue Sparx Gems: 889
#14 Posted: 22:36:13 13/08/2013
I only have gill runt and terrabite v.v
---
-something-
Moorea12 Green Sparx Gems: 464
#15 Posted: 06:33:31 14/08/2013
Quote: sklndrmommy
We found a Bluetooth portal at vintage stock for $12. A decent deal since we don't need battlegrounds and we have 3 lost island players with 40 some skylanders to share.
I think you can find you code through Giants somewhere in the character details. I don't know if this works for the sidekicks but you might try digging on the game.

Aww, I live nowhere near a Vintage Stock! smilie

I don't think you can pull up a sidekick's info on the game since they aren't playable characters. I guess I'll keep looking for a portal. This sucks!
#16 Posted: 07:13:43 14/08/2013 | Topic Creator
I don't think we even have that sort of place in Oz.

EB Games in the city has second hand stuff otherwise we take our chances at glorified pawnbrokers or eBay.

That is unless other people know of places.
---
banksia123
bjornolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#17 Posted: 10:09:08 14/08/2013
Just for fun...

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#18 Posted: 10:31:45 14/08/2013
Quote: bjornolf
Just for fun...

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

AAH, SO CUTE, i wish i had the right device for this game, its so flipping CUTE!
#19 Posted: 12:02:08 14/08/2013
I won them via skylander spin. Thanks to the 2X gold super Tuesday, I managed to get 10,000,000 gold.
---
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#20 Posted: 12:57:12 14/08/2013
I won them via skylander spin. Thanks to the 2X gold super Tuesday, I managed to get 10,000,000 gold.

Just to clarify. You mean reach 10 million in total, don't you? It's not possible to get 10 million in 24 hours, is it? If you can, I'm definitely playing the game wrong.
Charred Blue Sparx Gems: 536
#21 Posted: 13:22:20 14/08/2013
I'm earning 5 million in about 4 days. Are you saying you earned 10 million (meaning you could earn 5 million on a normal day) or hit 10 million?

If you are earning 5 million per day, can you please share how?
---
Activate name: Charred
#22 Posted: 13:30:10 14/08/2013
Quote: Woz

Just to clarify. You mean reach 10 million in total, don't you? It's not possible to get 10 million in 24 hours, is it? If you can, I'm definitely playing the game wrong.

No, no, yesterday I won about 3.5 million. Activated all sanctuaries, all houses and all adventure ships in 1-hour missions again and again.
---
portalflip Blue Sparx Gems: 728
#23 Posted: 16:30:41 14/08/2013
Quote: sklndrmommy

The code you can find in the character details is different than the web code that comes packaged with each character. It won't work with Lost Islands.
#24 Posted: 18:06:52 14/08/2013
Sorry about the code info :-( I have tried to use it myself and I didn't realize it was different :-(

I can generate about 500,000 coins per day with all sanctuaries going with multiple skylanders and all balloons going. Some days are better than others. What should I be doing to get 5million?
---
#25 Posted: 19:04:16 14/08/2013
I think people are doing it with a full set of houses and probably multiples of each shrine.

On a pure profits basis, (and excluding my shrines and houses) I don't even come close to generating 500,000 coins a day, I don't think. (With shrines and houses I might come close to that (I only have 7 houses and 5 shrines, though).) Once you factor in the costs of planting crops, the profits from both balloon adventures and sanctuaries is much lower that the total gold awarded.

That's what makes the houses so great--the gold they generate is pure profit. Same with shrines but on a smaller scale.

On average I'd say a house will net you 40,000-60,000 in gold each day (this assumes you collect from them 3 times and at least some of the times you're getting gems/stones, but I have not tried to figure out what the average payout on a house is or how frequently it will pay out in gold so this is just a guess).

A shrine can net you 8-12,000 per day (more if you stay up longer and can click the thing every hour diligently).

This is why a house at 350 gems is a better deal to me than a shrine at 300 gems or even two shrines at 150 gems on sale (unless all you care about is wish stones, and that may become all I care about once I spin for all the skylanders).

Anyway I've drifted way off topic!

To sum up, I don't know how people generate so many coins each day. But I'm new around here...
---
Charred Blue Sparx Gems: 536
#26 Posted: 20:02:43 14/08/2013
Getting a ton of gold each day is a bunch of little things:
-if you have 8 shrines and check in 10x per day, thats 70k gold there.

-each house is ~50k per day plus energy and free energy turns into free gold. It cannot be understated how much a large collection of houses changes things. If you don't have gems for houses, save for halls of legends.

-pay very close attention to the way the game works with multipliers. The element of the day and shrine bonuses apply after any airship bonuses. This means that giants and alt characters with the 25% bonus are often best characters because other bonuses stack onto their bonus.

-So a giant or an alt at 25% will out perform a regular skylander of that days element. This continues to be true if you have one shrine but if you have two or three shrines characters from the element of the day become better.

-Following the above, the best character in the game is tree rex since he gets 25% bonus and then if you have his #1 fan you get a 25% bonus of his 125%. And they just gave us a second tree rex for free smilie

-The next best character is a tie between Dark Spyro and Legendard Spyro since they get a 10% gold bonus but then 25% more if you have #1 fan.

-Save gems to buy Airships - 25% bonus which stacks. Buy them when they are on sale for 100 gems.

-Buy Radiant energy fields. Buy them when they are half off. I don't even have any non-radiants anymore.

-Try to stockpile energy so that you only need plant element of the day crops. Its really hard to gain significant energy from water, life, air and to some extent magic. Go crazy on undead, fire and each days. Focus on buying these shrines.

So its stacking many advantages on top of each other: cheap energy from radiants, airships for 25% more gold, focusing on use characters with bonus to gold and as many houses as you can manage.

Anyone have some tips for me ? smilie
---
Activate name: Charred
#27 Posted: 20:29:15 14/08/2013
Good stuff! Thanks Charred!

So what exactly is the element of the day bonus? Is it a 10% bonus? And each shrine would add an additional 10% bonus? I can see how things begin to add up!

Now those #1 fans start seeming worth it, too. I already have Spyro, but it sounds like I should get the other ones too. I guess at 25 gems per fan they're not too expensive and they give 25% bonuses.

Now I have to rethink my houses over shrines theory...
---
Qanai Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#28 Posted: 23:25:26 14/08/2013
I'm only able to check in 2-3 times per day, and I got around 3 million gold on 2x Tuesday.

I pretty much do most of the stuff that's been said:

1. stack houses with giants, alts, spyro, molten hot dog/hot dog, zap, tree rex
  2. load houses - I have three giant/special - gm chop chop, tree Rex, and hot head - and 10 legendary
  3. load balloons - I send on 10-hour quest unless I know I can check in sooner, again using any leftover alts, giants and specials

Only one shrine for now.
SpyroDragonstar Green Sparx Gems: 196
#29 Posted: 04:33:39 15/08/2013
Quote: midas73
Good stuff! Thanks Charred!

So what exactly is the element of the day bonus? Is it a 10% bonus? And each shrine would add an additional 10% bonus? I can see how things begin to add up!

Now those #1 fans start seeming worth it, too. I already have Spyro, but it sounds like I should get the other ones too. I guess at 25 gems per fan they're not too expensive and they give 25% bonuses.

Now I have to rethink my houses over shrines theory...

Element of the day bonus is a 10% bonus(yes, you are correct smilie), but it only applies to certain things. Adventure gold, mob/camp/chompy pod gold, and energy from fields gives you 10% of the respective earnings(in the form of the element symbol upon collection). Chests and maybe a few other things don't. I'm not so sure about the shrines, as I don't have any. Bu I rely a lot on the bonuses for my stock, so take advantage of that. Also, if you have Hugo, he tells you the element of the day for the next day, which is useful for overnight stuff.

The #1 fans are excellent for gold as well, if you have any Spyros, Tree Rexes, Zap, or Hot Dogs in your game. If you don't, they are useless, obviously. But I remember they used to cost like 300 gems or something, which wasn't so good. The good thing is that the bonuses apply to everything(adventures, sanctuaries, chests, etc) unlike some other promotions.
---
WHY ARE YOU READING THIS??? Turn away. Go. smilie smilie
bjornolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#30 Posted: 10:08:55 15/08/2013
Yes, so if you have three shrines of the day, you get a 40% bonus that day.
TheStealthElf Green Sparx Gems: 315
#31 Posted: 01:14:11 16/08/2013
I won trigger snappy yesterday with the skylanders spin. I only have half the skylanders so it is possible. I re-spun twice with the hopes of getting one of the two new characters and it panned out
Mabu Blue Sparx Gems: 678
#32 Posted: 03:03:34 16/08/2013
-The next best character is a tie between Dark Spyro and Legendard Spyro since they get a 10% gold bonus but then 25% more if you have #1 fan.

Molten Hot Dog ties as well.

Right now I am gold rich and energy poor. I fill sanctuaries starting with the element of the day and then magic with all three Spyros, fire with Hot Dogs and Legendary Ignitor, and then go around making sure I have enough energy to power the rest with at least one giant/special/legendary. There is no way I am paying for Ol' Mac, but right now he'd be handy.

I got about 4 million gold on Super Tuesday.
---
easterro in Lost Islands
wrecknroll Yellow Sparx Gems: 1167
#33 Posted: 06:50:03 16/08/2013
Gnarly is ultimate cash.
---
My collection! http://imgur.com/gallery/G7lsX
#34 Posted: 15:14:08 16/08/2013
On balloon quests, my dark spyro seems to get the same bonus gold as regular spyro (25% of the base gold award for the quest). It's not a 25% bonus on 110% of the quest gold. But he does also get 110% of the quest gold. Weird.

Gigantus was 50% off yesterday and I'm kinda kicking myself for not buying him. Gigantus plus Tree Rex's #1 fan makes the two Tree Rexs very profitable...
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me