darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Release Day Figures - Wave 1 (STICKY?)
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Release Day Figures - Wave 1 (STICKY?) [CLOSED]
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#51 Posted: 14:34:04 07/08/2013
Quote: Ninpire
Quote: Mrmorrises
I'll clarify that LC characters from the previous game such as Pop fizz, Hex and Jet Vac will not be getting LC figures this time around, howevber, some of them are getting S2/S3 figures.

THANK YOU!

Not xactly what I meant. You know that the repose spots have been taken for Water and Earth, right? Well, Flashwing and Wham-Shell aren't getting a repose because A)The repose spots are taken and smilieThey are lightcores who originated from another game. Get the picture?
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#52 Posted: 14:39:48 07/08/2013
I think if the L-night shift is out on D1, then so is regular night shift
Shroomy Green Sparx Gems: 185
#53 Posted: 17:25:06 07/08/2013
Quote: azz01
Quote: Shroomy
Quote:
Double Packs
Nitro Magna Charge (Swap Force Variant) / Rattle Shake (Swap Force)
Nitro Magna Charge (Swap Force Variant) / Free Ranger (Swap Force)

I am still hoping this leak was in error, seems kind of unfair to put the same character in 2 packs so you end up with doubles of him if you want the other guys...

Some people think that you need to get both packs in order to complete NMC.They believe that his bottom and top halves will be in separate packs which I think is cool but I will not be getting him.

Oh god, that.. would be kinna sucky.... here' have HALF a toy!! I hope that's not the case. lol I'd rather have a double to give a friend or level up a different path in that case...
---
--Long Time Lurker--
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#54 Posted: 18:13:04 07/08/2013
Quote: ItsJustMe
I am posting this as hypothetical but an informed friend sent me this breakdown:

Core figures wave 1: 2 Slobbertooth, 2 Rollerbrawl, 2 Countdown, 2 Zoo Lou, 1 Popfizz, 1 Chill, 1 Eruptor, 1 Spyro

Core figures wave 2: 2 Riptide, 2 Scorpi, 2 Starstrike, 1 Chop Chop, 1 Gillgrunt, 1 Trigger Happy, 1 Sprocket, 1 Terrafin (the math here is off by one)

Swapforce wave 1: Magna Charge, Rattle Shake, Free Ranger, Hoot Loop

Swapforce wave 2: Boom Jet, Grilla Drilla, Fire Kraken, Night Shift

Lightcore wave 1: 2 Grim Reaper, 2 Smolderdash, 2 Starstrike, 1 Flashwing, 1 Warnado

Eh, that seems odd. So, Lightcore assortment boxes are now 8 instead of 12? 6 of 8 Swap Force Zone types at launch, means one cannot 100% the game at launch, like you could the past 2 games?

Not trying to dog your source, but something is off with this. I personally don't think they're going to make it where you can't finish your game 100% from the minute you bring it home. I personally believe they will release at least 1 of every type of Swap Force Skylander, so people can 100% their game, while waiting for new figures.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7014
#55 Posted: 18:24:17 07/08/2013
Quote: ZapNorris
I think if the L-night shift is out on D1, then so is regular night shift

There's a Legendary Night Shift?
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#56 Posted: 18:25:56 07/08/2013
Yeah, I'll post it.
EDIT: Here you go: [User Posted Image]
---
#hu
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:27:20 07/08/2013 by Rickorio
Will171717 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1208
#57 Posted: 18:44:39 07/08/2013
He looks better legendary
---
henlo
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#58 Posted: 18:51:58 07/08/2013
Quote: GameMaster78
I am posting this as hypothetical but an informed friend sent me this breakdown:

Core figures wave 1: 2 Slobbertooth, 2 Rollerbrawl, 2 Countdown, 2 Zoo Lou, 1 Popfizz, 1 Chill, 1 Eruptor, 1 Spyro

Core figures wave 2: 2 Riptide, 2 Scorpi, 2 Starstrike, 1 Chop Chop, 1 Gillgrunt, 1 Trigger Happy, 1 Sprocket, 1 Terrafin (the math here is off by one)

Lightcore wave 1: 2 Grim Reaper, 2 Smolderdash, 2 Starstrike, 1 Flashwing, 1 Warnado

Eh, that seems odd. So, Lightcore assortment boxes are now 8 instead of 12? 6 of 8 Swap Force Zone types at launch, means one cannot 100% the game at launch, like you could the past 2 games?

Not trying to dog your source, but something is off with this. I personally don't think they're going to make it where you can't finish your game 100% from the minute you bring it home. I personally believe they will release at least 1 of every type of Swap Force Skylander, so people can 100% their game, while waiting for new figures.

What's wrong with not being able to complete 100% at launch? It gives people a reason to play the game more when the later waves come out.

The game needs more reasons to play/replay the game in the months after launch. Unless they have some announcement of some additional content that will be available later, they have done a poor job of adding reasons to keep playing after you beat it. Granted two APs is better than SG's zero, but they really should have doubled the number of APs of SSA and not released any of them at launch and start trickling them out after christmas.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#59 Posted: 18:59:19 07/08/2013
Quote: Will171717
He looks better legendary

Yeah he does.
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:00:04 07/08/2013 by hardcoreignitor
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#60 Posted: 19:05:19 07/08/2013
Yeah wham shell returns
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
#61 Posted: 19:12:34 07/08/2013
Quote: Zylek

What's wrong with not being able to complete 100% at launch? It gives people a reason to play the game more when the later waves come out.

The game needs more reasons to play/replay the game in the months after launch. Unless they have some announcement of some additional content that will be available later, they have done a poor job of adding reasons to keep playing after you beat it. Granted two APs is better than SG's zero, but they really should have doubled the number of APs of SSA and not released any of them at launch and start trickling them out after christmas.

Well there is such a thing as people who get mad and go all BBB on corporations. Some will complain the game out of the box is incomplete, or uncapable of being completed. Some people want to be able to finish and move on until they have a reason to come back.

I know this. In Skylanders, one has to already go through levels 2 times to reach 3 stars. If they made people wait for a period of time to be able to 3 star Swap Force levels, some people might get mad, because said people would have to do the level 3 times each.

I mean, who knows. Some do get mad and will cry foul to the BBB, some won't care. I don't know where I stand. When I beat Skylanders, I focus (like I'm doing now) on getting all Skylanders maxed out on Heroics (Bonus Missions in this game perhaps). I don't want to have to worry about WHEN I can complete Swap Force 100%, because of the lack of the correct characters needed to complete it. I know my neighbor will be super ****** if he can't complete it from the onset. His plan for Swap Force, was to buy the needed Swap Force types, while using his SSA/SG collections to complete the game 100%, while slowly buying everything from Swap Force as they release.

What fun is it to work a 12 hour day, 6 days a week (that's what he's working as of right now), only to come home and relax, want to play Skylanders, but realize you can't do anything more than what you're allowed to, because the required figures to see what the game has to offer, aren't released yet?

I would be upset over the fact I can look at the entrance to a Swap Force Zone, but can't enter, despite paying 81 dollars after tax for something that can't be completed (Story Mode), from the onset. Sure, if it's an MMO you pay 30-50 for, and you wait for an expansion pack, that's one thing. However, Skylanders already costs 74.99. For 81 dollars after tax, I would like to at least 100% my game on my time, not when a company feels like giving me the required figures to complete the task.
---
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#62 Posted: 19:30:07 07/08/2013
First, Nitro Magna Charge. And now, Legendary Night Shift? I hope there will be more Swap Force variants soon.
#63 Posted: 19:40:39 07/08/2013
Wow, I didn't realize so many people would experience such angst if they couldn't get 3 stars on all the levels on the first day of release of the game. From your argument, they should really release ALL of the Skylanders day one so that people won't stew over not being able to complete all the accolades the first day either.

If a game goal/accomplishment caused me that kind of emotion I would have to rethink my life's priorities.
---
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#64 Posted: 19:41:07 07/08/2013
You know what, you cannot complete any of the levels right now because the game hasn't been released yet. Time to call the BBB!

Their response to people calling about things like that is going to, at best, be to politely close your case. The sense of entitlement in gamers is astounding to me at times. Just because they put some more ones and zeroes on the disk than you can use doesn't mean that they owe those to you right this freaking second. Just because they develop some content while making the game does not mean they own you every single thing they thought up relating to that game since you bought it. Is the game disk heavier with that extra content on it? Did having that on the disk mean they had to leave something off (no, the disk usually isn't anywhere near full)?

You can play the game, you can finish the story. The game will have a decent amount of content that you can access right out of the box, and as a bonus you get even more for the figures you already own. The delivery method of the content does not mean you are entitled to use it. Would you rather they for you to do an online update every time you bought a new figure/adventure pack to load the content so the precious unused portions of the disk didn't have stuff on it? Because that is what would happen if it wasn't on disk. People forget that. I don't know about you, but I hate loading up a PS3 game I haven't played in a while to watch the update bar creep its way across the screen.

Yes, some companies get out of hand with the extra paid content. Yes, some of that content is done and finished on Day 1 and simply awaiting the company to release it. But one thing to remember is that in this day and age games are longer and more detailed than ever, and paid content is factored into the production budget. Without it they would more than likely not make the content at all rather than spend the money developing it for free. Skylanders budget to put in all those fancy little bells and whistles factors in that they are going to sell more than just the Starter Pack.
#65 Posted: 20:35:21 07/08/2013
Don't kill the messenger. I'm just saying that some Americans are now generally sue happy, and run to the BBB over the silliest things.

Not saying I am going to run to the BBB, but I do know people who will be upset over the fact they can't finish the game 100% on day 1 if they wanted to.

However, I don't think this is an issue, as I really don't believe the source listed by Itsjustme. Then again, I've always been a "believe it when I see it" person, outside of my faith.

Who knows. Time will tell. I don't think 100%ing the game will be an issue from the getgo. Should I be wrong, then that kind of sucks, and I will probably only play the game once I get enough to 100% it. Others, though, I can see taking to Facebook like they did over the past two years, to call out the game's flaws. I'm sure reviewers will dock the game, for not being able to 100% the game on launch.

I don't care either way, to a point. It will suck if you can't, but... who knows.
---
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#66 Posted: 20:36:42 07/08/2013
Quote: Rickorio
Yeah, I'll post it.
EDIT: Here you go: [User Posted Image]

Looks to me like only the top is legendary
#67 Posted: 20:40:04 07/08/2013
His mist is darker than the normal Night Shift.

http://www.screwattack.com/sit...d_RGB_72dpi.jpg
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:41:17 07/08/2013 by GameMaster78
#68 Posted: 21:05:47 07/08/2013
His mist is darker than the normal Night Shift.

http://www.screwattack.com/sit...d_RGB_72dpi.jpg

Just from what we know so far, the number of figures necessary to display every combination just went up by 68 (~$1020), ( ( 18 x 18 ) - 256 ) * $15. The next variant (if there is one) raises the total by 105 ... and so on. Ouch.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#69 Posted: 21:35:08 07/08/2013
*le sigh*

I usually finish the game when at least 2 Waves are out. If ToysRUs doesn't release Wave 2 early, I'm gonna be screwed..
They should've set it up better. Why not 1 of each? Poor 3DS people, they only get Magna Charge and Hoot Loop as new ones. I hate Hoot Loop (NO offense to his fans).

They need to wait until Wave 3, 4, or however the hell many Waves there will be JUST to get a Climb Skylander, Spy Rise, unless they want to blow their money on eBay trying to get Wash Buckler, who probably will sell for cheap, but really.

For Skylanders 4, they REALLY need to improve.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#70 Posted: 22:01:34 07/08/2013
Eh, I don't get to play it until Christmas, by then Wave 3 will probably be out. As a matter of fact, a significant portion of the fan base won't be playing it until then either. I'm a collector so I understand the desire, but I'm also a parent and my kids usually don't get things "just because" in the couple months leading up to Christmas.
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#71 Posted: 11:52:43 08/08/2013
It's probably too early to know, but any chance there's any news on the release of the Legendaries? I need to know as soon as possible.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#72 Posted: 13:01:44 08/08/2013
Quote: defpally
Eh, I don't get to play it until Christmas, by then Wave 3 will probably be out. As a matter of fact, a significant portion of the fan base won't be playing it until then either. I'm a collector so I understand the desire, but I'm also a parent and my kids usually don't get things "just because" in the couple months leading up to Christmas.

I'm probably gonna buy it early.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
Tel Prydain Blue Sparx Gems: 903
#73 Posted: 21:41:04 08/08/2013
Quote: Doomslicer
It's probably too early to know, but any chance there's any news on the release of the Legendaries? I need to know as soon as possible.

Like... it's life or death?
---
My collection: 98/99
Photos: http://s1298.photobucket.com/u...rary/Skylanders
Looking for: smilie
#74 Posted: 07:16:31 09/08/2013
Yes, it's life or death... of my prospects of creating a plan to most efficiently acquire all the 'landers I desire as soon as possible...
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#75 Posted: 20:31:10 09/08/2013
I think that the ones with revealed Legendaries will be out on day 1.
boomerfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1602
#76 Posted: 20:31:14 09/08/2013
just asking but is magna charge day one?
---
smilieBRING THE BOOM!smilie
#77 Posted: 20:33:19 09/08/2013
Yes.

I wonder if w1 AND w2 will be out on day 1
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#78 Posted: 21:22:30 09/08/2013
Not day one but probably November 3rd like last year.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
lesty Yellow Sparx Gems: 1239
#79 Posted: 00:00:01 14/08/2013
I believe Slobber tooth and Zou lou are wave 1.

They are.
CamoForever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1235
#80 Posted: 00:54:39 14/08/2013
So can someone explain which figures will be out on wave 1? I am confused. Thanks smilie
---
If you have any skylanders for sale or trade, please contact me.
#81 Posted: 01:35:02 14/08/2013
The 5 new Darks will also be wave 1, but they're just in a starter pack.
---
#82 Posted: 01:43:49 14/08/2013
I think that W1 should have consisted of Hoot Loop, Stink Bomb, Doom Stone, and Magna Charge.
W2 should have Spy Rise, Boom Jet, Fire Kraken, and Rubble Rouser. The plan is that on W1 everybody, regardless of 3DS or Console, gets a new element and a new movement type. Then for Wave 2, Console people can pick up the Spin and Jump swappers, and 3DS people can pick up the Rocket and Climb Swappers. This also ensures that by the end of Wave 2, You can have a swapper of each element and movement type. My plan also leaves out 4 swappers to drag out for the next waves.
---
nyeheheheheh

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:51:10 14/08/2013 by hardcoreignitor
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#83 Posted: 01:47:25 14/08/2013
Since there is gonna be a Legendary Free Ranger, I will be getting the double pack of Nitro Magna Charge and Rattle Shake.
legendaryfabo Gold Sparx Gems: 2968
#84 Posted: 15:15:07 14/08/2013
Quote: Zylek

Well there is such a thing as people who get mad and go all BBB on corporations. Some will complain the game out of the box is incomplete, or uncapable of being completed. Some people want to be able to finish and move on until they have a reason to come back.

I know this. In Skylanders, one has to already go through levels 2 times to reach 3 stars. If they made people wait for a period of time to be able to 3 star Swap Force levels, some people might get mad, because said people would have to do the level 3 times each.

I mean, who knows. Some do get mad and will cry foul to the BBB, some won't care. I don't know where I stand. When I beat Skylanders, I focus (like I'm doing now) on getting all Skylanders maxed out on Heroics (Bonus Missions in this game perhaps). I don't want to have to worry about WHEN I can complete Swap Force 100%, because of the lack of the correct characters needed to complete it. I know my neighbor will be super ****** if he can't complete it from the onset. His plan for Swap Force, was to buy the needed Swap Force types, while using his SSA/SG collections to complete the game 100%, while slowly buying everything from Swap Force as they release.

What fun is it to work a 12 hour day, 6 days a week (that's what he's working as of right now), only to come home and relax, want to play Skylanders, but realize you can't do anything more than what you're allowed to, because the required figures to see what the game has to offer, aren't released yet?

I would be upset over the fact I can look at the entrance to a Swap Force Zone, but can't enter, despite paying 81 dollars after tax for something that can't be completed (Story Mode), from the onset. Sure, if it's an MMO you pay 30-50 for, and you wait for an expansion pack, that's one thing. However, Skylanders already costs 74.99. For 81 dollars after tax, I would like to at least 100% my game on my time, not when a company feels like giving me the required figures to complete the task.

^Yes, that is true. The only part I don't have for me is the 81$ total after taxes, because I live in Oregon where there is no sales taxes!
---
Hi
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#85 Posted: 00:10:26 15/08/2013
I speculate that these figures will release at Release Day , at least new ones:

Free Ranger, Stink Bomb, Night Shift, Rattle Shake, Doom Stone, Freeze Blade, Magna Charge, Popthorn(and his adventure Pack), Bumble Blast(and his Battle Pack), Zoo Lou, Roller Brawl, Slobbertooth, LC Smolderdash, LC Star Strike, Countdown, as well as the starter packs. This way, half of the new Characters are released, and we have one of each element to get.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
#86 Posted: 15:33:54 15/08/2013
I got to thinking about Itsjustme's friend's list, and I remember why it doesn't add up. The Bala Brothers stated at E3 that all figures shown at E3 would be available at launch, minus Fryno and LC Grim Creeper (which they showed).

However, on Itsjustme's friend's list, it lists LC Grim as a wave 1 figure.

I still think we will see one of each type of Swaplander available on day 1.
---
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#87 Posted: 17:32:39 15/08/2013
^ They didn't say LC Grim Creeper wouldn't be in wave 1, they just said that about Fryno, and no one else.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7014
#88 Posted: 20:43:36 15/08/2013
Quote: weebbby
^ They didn't say LC Grim Creeper wouldn't be in wave 1, they just said that about Fryno, and no one else.

Maybe Fryno will be kind of like Hot Dog this time around, and will be released in a Wave 3 battle pack.
#89 Posted: 20:53:04 15/08/2013
They cant do one of each movement type Day 1! There are 16 swappers. If they were to realease all of them Day 1, then that is 8 swappers, plus the 4 from the different starter packs. You are left with 2 Swappers to drag for 4-5 waves.
---
nyeheheheheh

weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#90 Posted: 20:54:50 15/08/2013
8+4+2=14.
You are wrong.
Besides, they need only 4 besides the Starter Packs, meaning 8, so they have 8 to drag out in 4 waves.
#91 Posted: 20:59:57 15/08/2013
Quote: lesty
I believe Slobber tooth and Zou lou are wave 1.

They are.

So...Lesty...your info is always spot on, do you know the wave 1 lineups? smilie
---
#92 Posted: 21:00:57 15/08/2013
Yeah, but the average consumer doesnt grab both versions.
---
nyeheheheheh

Rom713 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1347
#93 Posted: 06:17:41 16/08/2013

There should be 12 items per box for Core, LightCore and SwapForce figures.

Core - in your info there are 12 Core figures. So it is a full W1 Core box. Nice smilie
Light Cores - there are only 8 items listed, so 4 items are missing to make full box.
SwapForce - only 4 items are listed - does it mean that there will be 3 of each figure per Wave 1 SwapForce box?

Do you have any info about triple, battle and adventure packs are coming in Wave 1 boxes?
For triple, battle and adventure packs there are 6 items per box. And it seems that they are coming in separate boxes for each type of pack - 6 triple packs per box, 6 battle packs per box, 6 adventure packs per box - they are not mixed in one box.

Could you please ask your informed friend about this?
Rom713 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1347
#94 Posted: 06:29:50 16/08/2013
The Bala Brothers stated at E3 that all figures shown at E3 would be available at launch, minus Fryno and LC Grim Creeper (which they showed).

Do we have anywhere this list of all figures which have been shown on E3 and which should be in Wave 1 accordingly to these Bala Brothers ?
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me