Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Mobile > Skylanders: Lost Islands > Ruggles: Energy Shortage quest not recognizing sanctuary collections
Page 1 of 1
Ruggles: Energy Shortage quest not recognizing sanctuary collections [CLOSED]
dcapelan Blue Sparx Gems: 746
#1 Posted: 18:28:57 03/08/2013 | Topic Creator
I've had this ques for awhile and have collected from various sanctuaries several times, but haven't been credited at all for the two collections required for this quest. Anyone else been able to get the collects to count?
Lash Blue Sparx Gems: 820
#2 Posted: 18:44:25 03/08/2013
I think it only counted certain ones. Magic maybe. I don't remember.
---
Lashie on Lost Islands.
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#3 Posted: 18:46:50 03/08/2013
I had all eight sanctuaries going, and yet only one generated a collect. A second round of all eight, and again, only one collect. Each time, the magic sanctuary was the only one to generate a collect. The trick? It was the only element that I had enough skylanders to fill up completely. That can't be a coincidence, since stacking three skylanders in a sanctuary is Ruggles purpose. And no, I didn't know that was required beforehand. It does make sense that only a threesome would count, but the quest is poorly worded.
#4 Posted: 18:54:59 03/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Glad that worked for you, but not for me. Every collect I've done since getting Ruggles has been with threesome activation. I've done two collects a day every day since getting the quest but none have counted yet. May be coincidental but I also had trouble getting chicken legs from the snack stand for one of the GM ChopChop quests. I eventually broke down and built six stands and after four or five collections got all I needed.

Since you both had luck with magic I'm going to give that a try. I usually only activate the one that matches the element of the day but I guess I'll make an exception for this - no telling when the next magic day will come around.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:58:18 03/08/2013 by dcapelan
#5 Posted: 13:52:23 04/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Collecting from the Magic sanctuary with triple activation worked, have my first of two quest collections. Trying with a single activation now...
Doobrywhatsits Green Sparx Gems: 363
#6 Posted: 17:30:02 04/08/2013
Did you close out the app & restart it yet? I got my first collect using 3 activating it then the second time with just one in each sanctuary. I had all the sanctuaries going at once so I can't remember any particular one being the trigger.
---
Doobrywhatsitsface
#7 Posted: 00:00:11 05/08/2013 | Topic Creator
I restarted several times, turn the iPad off at night to get a good charge. I just collected from the Magic sanctuary a second time and completed the quest so it's either a bug or poor wording. I've been collecting twice a day on the element of the day sanctuary and had none count until trying Magic, one triple and one single activation. Ironically the closing quest comment had something along the lines of 'if it were the element of the day it would make my hair stand on end'. I accidentally collected from the Earth sanctuary just before the Magic so it's not any sanctuary other than element of the day either, just Magic.

Thanks to all for your help, it went a long way in getting this done.
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#8 Posted: 02:33:17 05/08/2013
Kudos for tracking it down, and glad you managed to piece the clues together. The coincidence that my only available threesome just happened to be magic is truly bizarre.

I seriously thought this quest really should have required a threesome to collect. Otherwise, what's the point? It's the same as every other activate the sanctuary quest we've all been on. Should have been quite a few threesomes required for a bigger prize. Or send a threesome through EVERY sanctuary for a truly gargantuan prize. You taking notes, devs?
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me