Page 1 of 1
A Plothole that Imagination Can Not Fill [CLOSED]
TruthRevealer Green Sparx Gems: 182
#1 Posted: 21:00:52 01/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Many of the plotholes in DOTD are possible to fill with your imagination, as I have done, but not this one (at leats, not without making both Spyro and Cynder look bad). There are some things I noticed involving the cutscene before the final boss: 1. Malefor says that Cynder used Spyro to free him. 2. Neither Spyro nor Cynder know whether or not he is telling the truth. 3. Spyro should have known Malefor was lying because he was present when Gaul's army attacked the Fellmuth and captured Cynder. Has anyone else noticed this? Also, if Malefor was lying about this, then do you think he could have been lying about other things he said?

P.S. I changed this topic because it was originally too obvious that I wasn't thinking hard enough. Therefore some of the comments below are from the original.
---
As Spock would say, Your answer is illogical.
Edited 7 times - Last edited at 13:36:13 06/09/2013 by TruthRevealer
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 21:02:52 01/08/2013
Cynder was the reason Spyro went to the Well of Souls in the first place after she was taken by Gaul's forces. Spyro went to the Mountain of Malefor to save Cynder, but ended up freeing Malefor in the process.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#3 Posted: 21:14:44 01/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Yes, but because Cynder didn't get to the Well of Souls by her own free will, GAUL would have been the one leading Spyro there, not Cynder.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:33:30 01/08/2013 by TruthRevealer
#4 Posted: 21:25:03 01/08/2013 | Topic Creator
The story of The Eternal Night went so that Spyro went to the Well of Souls to save Cynder because Gaul captured her. This makes Cynder the BAIT and not the BAITER, meaning that if ANYONE is responsible for Spyro's being there, it is Gaul.
---
#5 Posted: 21:34:03 01/08/2013
Please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Who knows? It is likely that Malefor tricked Spyro that Cynder was still under his control and used him, but we won't know since the trilogy is over.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#6 Posted: 21:44:19 01/08/2013 | Topic Creator
In other words, what I'm trying to say is that Cynder may have been the reason Spyro came to the Well of Souls, but she wasn't there intentionally. She could not have known that she was going to be at the Well of Souls, and therefore could not have planned to lure Spyro to it, thus making it impossible for her to have used him to release Malefor. Another way to ask this question is to say "How could Cynder have used Spyro to release Malefor when she didn't intentionally act as bait to lure him to the Well of Souls?".

Sorry about double posting, I didn't see the edit button until now.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:45:33 01/08/2013 by TruthRevealer
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7699
#7 Posted: 03:00:03 19/08/2013
i will never understand this game
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Darchangel Blue Sparx Gems: 627
#8 Posted: 20:10:15 06/09/2013
Not to defend the DotD plotholes, but...

Maybe Cynder got captured on purpose? She set up her own kidnapping?
It's called staging, people do that all the time in real life.
---
>N< "Everyone knows I'm in over my head."
I'll Start Trying In September
#9 Posted: 21:38:11 06/09/2013
According to the Chronicler in the GBA version of The Eternal Night, Cynder left the Dragon Temple because the Well of Souls was calling to her, along with the other evil-hearted creatures, since she was touched by Malefor's poison.
---
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#10 Posted: 22:38:38 06/09/2013
Quote: Aura24
According to the Chronicler in the GBA version of The Eternal Night, Cynder left the Dragon Temple because the Well of Souls was calling to her, along with the other evil-hearted creatures, since she was touched by Malefor's poison.

Though she seems to do it for other reasons,Aura. In the end she makes it seem she preteded to be drawn to it so she could kill Gaul while he's distracted,though obviously it wasn't going to work considering she had no powers or physical strength unlike in DOTD.
For me,Malefor is just trying to invoke dumb plot twists to make younger fans feel like the tables have turned or something.EL didn't make it look like they actively wanted to follow the canon in the rest of the game,why would they do that with the fountain of plot holes that is the final level?
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:39:07 06/09/2013 by Bifrost
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#11 Posted: 00:21:10 07/09/2013
DotD is like a good sponge. FULL OF HOLES. <.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#12 Posted: 16:25:55 13/09/2013
You guys seem mixed up. The OP is saying that Malefor said Cynder used Spyro to free Malefor. This shouldn't confuse Spyro, because he should have known it wouldn't matter wether he was there. We know that Malefor was meant to be freed on the night of eternal darkness, but the prophecy about it never mentioned him needing Spyro to be freed. If the good guys kept that secret from us, it's only bad for them. It makes no sense unless you stuff in headcanons about the eternal night or like to pretend that they were confused because of the darkness around them or something. smilie
#13 Posted: 20:08:00 13/09/2013
^Alternative headcanon: IT WAS ALLLLLLLLL A DREAM, and they're still trapped in that crystal and Malefor took over the world. The end. >.>
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:08:14 13/09/2013 by HIR
#14 Posted: 12:30:58 14/09/2013
^ Damnit, now you've made me excited for something that is never going to happen >.>

Spyro and Cynder waking up out of that crystal to an apocalyptic hell land with Malefor using everything as a toy and all their beloved dead would be much more epic than Dawn ever was or will be :/
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#15 Posted: 12:47:29 16/09/2013
Malefor was playing matchmaker but got bored and decided to kill some apes/banish them to undeath before blowing up masses of floating land for no reason and try to self destruct himself
#16 Posted: 13:27:48 16/09/2013
Quote: Arc of Archives
^ Damnit, now you've made me excited for something that is never going to happen >.>

Spyro and Cynder waking up out of that crystal to an apocalyptic hell land with Malefor using everything as a toy and all their beloved dead would be much more epic than Dawn ever was or will be :/

If they ever woke up. That's the thing. DotD starts with Malefor's troops being the one to break out Spyro and Cynder. It literally only took seconds for me to realize something was fishy with the story. Why would the big bad guy break the only people able to defeat him for good out of an eternal slumber? For science? Naw, Malefor's not that kind of guy. <.<
---
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#17 Posted: 22:08:11 16/09/2013
Malefor is wasted potential really, were never given any insight at all as to why he is trying to self-destruct the world other then him implying it's a purple dragons job. Cynder on the otherhand was referred to as Anti-Spyro and it's hard to figure out if Krome ever intended Cynder to turn good at all or for her to become a love interest.

When it comes to TLOS Series the dev's really kept quiet about everything huh
#18 Posted: 23:57:25 19/09/2013
Well, I think the whole trilogy was wasted potential with "okay" gameplay through-and-through, the story was the only hook but that was never fleshed out, I felt like only TEN GBA achieved the height the franchise deserved. But that's a whole other argument. It just comes down to a lack of/poor planning of the story. Observing ANB and TEN as well as a few old pieces of TDH concept art, it doesn't seem like Krome ever intended any really interesting twists in Darkest Hour(well... They certainly didn't add real twists into TEN after ANB smilie).

I think Malefor could have been a truly frightening villain if his trump card was "showing the faults" of the world, got sick of them, and decided to end everything and get rid of it, to out it in basic terms.
After all, his destiny, which everyone expected of him and held him up to, was to change the world, and many expected for the better- but all civilizations are bound to collapse as they grow and their faults cause more problems and become more ingrained. It'd drive him mad, everyone thinking he's the one to fix every little thing. There are so many things wrong, that nobody, no force, can possibly fix everything, ever. And it's just easier to go evil, to make nobody expect anything good of you, than to have everyone expect you to do everything utterly perfectly.
It'd give him a genuine reason to destroy the world that we could see as reasonably insane, also leaving the potential for some amazing dialog with him exaggerating everything bad about life and how everything will end anyway, making his scenes far less cliché. His motivation is to end everything, so that he can stop being expected of or fought so much, a plea for change rather than pure evil. AND- he'd DIE at the end! smilie

Well, whatever. Anything is better than "For The Evuls" Malefor, my cat has scared me more often. smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me