Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Ruggles [CLOSED]
Ndfox Yellow Sparx Gems: 1225
#1 Posted: 16:18:12 31/07/2013 | Topic Creator
I accidentally bought ruggles. It's pretty easy to do that I guess. Anyway I thought he would give all skylanders cash... But that is not true. One time I got a single wishing stone for 10 hours of effort. Grr
---
mxmas in activate, kids ndfox in activate
Cheshire Blue Sparx Gems: 578
#2 Posted: 16:26:31 31/07/2013
In hindsight, I don't know what I expected for 25 gems, but Ruggles is probably about right. 5000 energy costs 15000 gold or more, and it gets you a chance at 18000 gold, 1 gem, or 1 stone. Definitely not a game changer, but I've been using it for the chance of gems.
---
Activate username: GilGrunt1969 Add me on Lost Islands!
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#3 Posted: 00:43:27 08/08/2013
I was considering get Ruggles, but is he worth it? After being out for over a week, I'm curious what people think of him. I'd like to get him before the "Balance of Power" quest ends. I'll automatically get a radiant energy field when I purchase him, so if I wanted it, it would be cheaper than buying it straight up, but I have 300k+ energy, so I'm not too concerned with the radiant field.
portalflip Blue Sparx Gems: 728
#4 Posted: 01:40:19 08/08/2013
Quote: obidawsn
I was considering get Ruggles, but is he worth it? After being out for over a week, I'm curious what people think of him. I'd like to get him before the "Balance of Power" quest ends. I'll automatically get a radiant energy field when I purchase him, so if I wanted it, it would be cheaper than buying it straight up, but I have 300k+ energy, so I'm not too concerned with the radiant field.

He's definitely a drain on your energy reserves. I've been activating the sanctuaries twice a day since he came out and my 2.1 million energy war chest has dwindled into the 1.5-1.6 million range. I haven't kept track of how many Wish Stones or Gems he's paid out but it's not many.
bjornolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#5 Posted: 10:59:35 08/08/2013
I will say that sanctuaries have started popping out gems in threes for me the last few days, not just single ones.
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#6 Posted: 14:41:35 08/08/2013
When Ruggles first appeared, I automatically got him. Generating coins is my goal, since I only have about 50 of the Skylanders and need to use spins to get the rest. At first, I thought he was disappointing because the second and third Sklyanders you put in a santuary would yield less coins that they would normally (for example, a level 12 regular Sklyander yields 21,960 coins in a sanctuary, but in the second or third slot he might only yield 18,000 or so coins). And when I did get a gem or a wish stone instead of coins (both of which I really didn't want--I want the coins) it would only yield 1 of either. That made the energy cost for those second or third Skylanders really expensive/not really worth it.

Fortunately, they seemed to have rectified that issue and all Sklyanders in an activated sanctuary now yield the right amount of coins. And when they yield gems or stones instead, it's mostly been 2-3 of each (though I think I've seen only one now and again).

If you want him for the coins, and you have enough Skylanders, I think he's worth it.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#7 Posted: 15:52:27 08/08/2013
I'm not worried about the coins, right now (though I'm sure I will want to for the spins). I was hoping to get more gems, especially since I spent them all on GM Chop Chop's house. But if I'll get the 25 back quickly, I may go ahead and do it. I'll probably want that extra radiant energy field to go along with it, too, since I'll be using more energy.
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#8 Posted: 19:38:38 08/08/2013
They don't yield gems all that frequently, so bear that in mind. Maybe if you stacked 3 in all 8 shrines you'd have a decent hit rate, but that's a lot of energy.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
Topcatnu Green Sparx Gems: 497
#9 Posted: 21:21:01 08/08/2013
Glad they increased the payouts for ruggles. Thanks for sharing. I just bought him, but I refused to do so earlier when you'd only get 1 gem or stone for 5,000 energy and 10 hrs!
Aemi Green Sparx Gems: 448
#10 Posted: 01:48:26 09/08/2013
Yes they seem to yield wish stones more often than gems. But the rate has decreased significantly since they leveled out the coin. I just did 3*8 overnight. All 24 were coin. Since i want to do spins that makes me happy. Ego and giant Houses are the best bet for gem production.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me