Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Skylander Spin Question [CLOSED]
Cheshire Blue Sparx Gems: 578
#1 Posted: 16:11:33 30/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Since the spins went to cash, I have gotten 4 regular skylanders in a row. (When I started, I had 12 regular skylanders remaining to get, and 14 variant, legendary, or giant).

Am I just unlucky, or does the wheel make you complete your regular collection before going for the bonus eligible skylanders?
---
Activate username: GilGrunt1969 Add me on Lost Islands!
sklndrmommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1508
#2 Posted: 03:20:30 31/07/2013
I don't know for sure, but it seemed to save ledgendaries for last for me. The only time I felt like I lucked out was when I was down to ledgendaries and punch pop fizz. I got a ledgendary with my cash spin but then tried the 10gems for a respin (1st time I've done that) and I got punch pop fizz. From the game's perspective I guess those 2 are equivalent but I was excited.

I was also hopeful I could win Cupid Flameslinger with a cash spin but I found out today, even though he was in the available section with all the others, when I clicked spin it went straight to ledgendary jet vac and then my spin button was gone :-( I had read you couldn't win him with a cash spin, but I had to prove it to myself...
---
Trying to keep an updated code trading list in my guestbook for Lost Islands.
Mommy to player JacksonTreeRex.
Cheshire Blue Sparx Gems: 578
#3 Posted: 15:19:12 07/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks. I just got 2 more regular skylanders, so I'm 6/6 on spins, which is a drag. If I spend 5 million, I'd at least like a fair chance of getting a legendary or giant skylander. (It also makes the 10 gem re-spin a total sucker's bet)
---
Activate username: GilGrunt1969 Add me on Lost Islands!
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#4 Posted: 15:30:23 07/08/2013
I've got nothing but regular Skylanders with my spins. I figure that'll continue until I've won all the regular ones. Each one nets 14 or so gems and I want them all any way so I'm not complaining!
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#5 Posted: 01:23:26 09/08/2013
Just had my latest spin. Once again a regular Skylander. Like Cheshire, over half of my remaining unlocked Skylanders are Giants, Specials or Legendaries. I suppose eventually I'll start winning those...
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
Aemi Green Sparx Gems: 448
#6 Posted: 01:45:03 09/08/2013
Yep i can confirm that it makes you complete the regulars before starting in on the special and legendaries. It also appears to try to balance out your element collections. By this i mean i had 10 magic and 4 Tech. It threw me out 2 tech normals in a row. I was happy because i wanted the tech but i suspect it was going to do that by design.

Anyway now i know i will always get a special or legendary so thats pretty fun to do a spin. I never ever respin. Im so happy i can complete my collection without buying for hundreds of gems i accept what i get. Making 5 million is easy at level 35.
SkyMum Blue Sparx Gems: 731
#7 Posted: 07:46:55 09/08/2013
I have enough for my next spin (2,500,000), however much of the characters that i have left to unlock I have stashed away as rewards for the kids! So I will actually already have them. So my question is, if i spend all my coins on a spin, will I then get all the coins back when I enter in the code when my kids are good enough to earn their rewards? (And they better start trying hard!!! What with swap force on the horizon, and I have a box load of characters for them still to earn!)
portalflip Blue Sparx Gems: 728
#8 Posted: 07:53:54 09/08/2013
If the spins cost too much for you don't forget that it' pretty cheap to pick up a bluetooth portal. They cost anywhere from $5-13 shipped and allow you to link your entire collection to your Lost Islands game. And unlike using web codes the unlocks via the bluetooth portal aren't unique which is great if you have multiple family members that play. Then once you link your collection you can save the cheaper spins for figures you don't actually have.

SkyMum: Give me 2 minutes and I can test that right now for you.
portalflip Blue Sparx Gems: 728
#9 Posted: 08:01:12 09/08/2013
@SkyMum: It didn't seem to refund the coins or if it did there was no message confirming it. It looks like you'd have to spend Gems in order to do what you want.
SkyMum Blue Sparx Gems: 731
#10 Posted: 10:33:08 09/08/2013
Thanks for that. Out of the 16 that I don't already have in the game, there are only 5 that I don't have put away (including Grill Master Chop Chop).

I actually also have a bluetooth portal stashed away. I guess if I get that out, then I could import the characters I have while still in their boxes. Kids would be none the wiser (except for the portal - and that they would also get battlegrounds on the ipad!)
Lash Blue Sparx Gems: 820
#11 Posted: 15:44:57 09/08/2013
Just pull the portal out of the box and import them through their boxes. You don't need to put battlegrounds on the iPad yet. Then repackage the portal.
---
Lashie on Lost Islands.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me