Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Super Tuesday [CLOSED]
bjornolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#51 Posted: 13:47:37 14/08/2013
I lost seven that day, but I've lost two or three since then. Don't know why.
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#52 Posted: 14:40:33 14/08/2013
Quote: Woz
Midas - for a poster with only 16 forum gems, you're making WAY too much sense. I thought I had a lock on things, but you've thought the whole thing through far better than I have. I can't fault a word you've typed.

The main reason I personally don't go for better value crops is that all the tapping annoys me, and YET I've resisted buying Beatrees despite having almost 10 million in gold. What can I say? I'm completely irrational. Part of me refuses to spend resources on a game patch dressed up as a companion. The feature should have been standard from launch.

Enjoying your posts immensely.

Thanks! The feeling is absolutely mutual. I've been playing the game for months and have thought about it quite a bit (err, way too much). But I had nobody to talk to about it! I was very happy to stumble upon this place.

And you HAVE to buy Beatrees. She improved the enjoyability of this game significantly for me. I HATED collecting crops. smilie

Quote: Charred
Quote: bjornolf
Quote: midas73
I let the gold chests sit until I can get to them. They're not going anywhere! I wouldn't hold a giant in reserve just for that. I too ration. The more domedelions you use, the less profit you make from the sanctuaries any way. I feel it's better to plant grave diggers because I can generally check in every 2 hours and they're cheaper. I don't even bother with balloons any more and I don't even try to max the sanctuaries (except for today on both fronts). I normally just put as giants, alter egos, legendarys and specials into sanctuaries. It's not worth the gold (and the risk of not getting gold but rather getting wish stones or gems) to make it worthwhile to put non bonused skylanders in the sanctuaries (other than in the first slot).

I'm glad your gold chests don't disappear. Mine do every midnight. I've lost about ten learning that lesson.

My chests disappeared that night of the event where all chests were gold chests. I lost 9 myself. Since then they have returned to normal and do not disappear at midnight. I tested this myself with both gold and silver chests. I routinely leave chest sitting around because they are the best way to give experience to level 1 characters.

Hmmm. I'm sorry to hear that. I'm pretty sure my gold chests have sat for days with no issues. I'll have to check on that next time one pops. It could be that I don't let mine sit overnight, and I just get them at the end of the day when my daily sanctuary runs complete...
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
sklndrmommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1508
#53 Posted: 18:30:19 14/08/2013
I plant domelions nightly and usually crop of the day if Lunanaries or higher. I will check into gravediggers rather than domedelions for daytime though. Some days I can check every 2-4 hours, other days are longer :-(
I'm keeping a balance at 500,000 energy right now with all balloon going with special skylanders and elements of the day and then all sanctuaries going with one (I did multiples yesterday for 2x bonus) with a 10-25% bonus in the first slot and whatever left to fill the other slots when I do them...
I won't pay 3400 gems for Ol' Mac. I would consider 100-200 maybe 300 if I could ever get that 300/$.99 deal again. Right now it's just a practice in patience.
---
Trying to keep an updated code trading list in my guestbook for Lost Islands.
Mommy to player JacksonTreeRex.
#54 Posted: 18:40:08 14/08/2013
I should amend that I've been planting doms overnight myself lately. It's the only way I can keep up with my energy needs! When it was only one skylander per sanctuary, I was strictly grave diggers and only a set number of times a day (extra energy was just wasted money). Now I can't keep up. It's less profitable, but I'm still bringing in more profits by keeping 2+ bonused sklyanders in each sanctuary.
---
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#55 Posted: 17:28:28 15/08/2013
I was actually doing good with energy, gaining a surplus each day with all my balloons and sanctuaries active. But now that we can put multiple Skylanders on a shrine, it depletes energy fast. I hope they find something to balance that out, as we just aren't getting enough energy to run the sanctuaries with 3 Skylanders all the time. And I've been getting mostly gold and the occasional gem or wish stone. Not really worth it, in my opinion.
#56 Posted: 18:01:19 15/08/2013
I did a little math on crops and balloons last night and not accounting for element of the day or other character specific bonuses, it seems more valuable to match your time away from the game rather than any specific crop/adventure. With it being water day do I get extra bonus for sending a water character on a water adventure? That's what I usually try to do, but would I be better off going with a 4hour element adventure or a 7 hour nonspecific adventure if I won't be able to check or 6-8 hours?
Sorry this seems to have strayed from Super Tuesday a bit.. Is this information somewhere else?
---
#57 Posted: 18:38:13 15/08/2013
I've sent water skylanders on the 30-minute water quest this morning and I don't think it yields any additional bonuses. I agree that you need to match your adventures to time away so I generally stick to the 2 hour quest because that's about as frequently as I want to check.
---
portalflip Blue Sparx Gems: 728
#58 Posted: 19:28:44 15/08/2013
Quote: sklndrmommy
I did a little math on crops and balloons last night and not accounting for element of the day or other character specific bonuses, it seems more valuable to match your time away from the game rather than any specific crop/adventure. With it being water day do I get extra bonus for sending a water character on a water adventure? That's what I usually try to do, but would I be better off going with a 4hour element adventure or a 7 hour nonspecific adventure if I won't be able to check or 6-8 hours?
Sorry this seems to have strayed from Super Tuesday a bit.. Is this information somewhere else?

I always recommend that you match the time of your adventures/crops with how often you can check in on them. If you're looking for the exact payout ratios for adventures & crops I break them all down in my Lost Islands FAQ. Just look under the Skylanders and Crops sections.
#59 Posted: 23:30:10 15/08/2013
Thank you!
---
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me