Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Super Tuesday [CLOSED]
Doobrywhatsits Green Sparx Gems: 363
#1 Posted: 15:06:29 29/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Super Bluesday. It's about 1am, Tuesday morning here now. No new content. I cancelled out the app & restarted it - nothing, not even a new daily offer. I usually check in at about 6 am & most of the time I see the new daily offer. They must be really protective about Aussies giving the US a half day heads up. I'll let you know what happens later.
---
Doobrywhatsitsface
skylanderGIRLz Green Sparx Gems: 226
#2 Posted: 15:18:58 29/07/2013
I imagine they must not release the content until Monday in US time, since the studio it's made at is in the US.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#3 Posted: 17:28:18 29/07/2013
I understand the issue of people in other time zones not getting a full day, but the constant complaining about it being Tuesday and not having the "Super Tuesday" activated when it's only Monday where Activision is, is getting out of hand. Just so you know, people in the US don't get a full day either, as they just randomly activate it sometime during the day and not at midnight. I know that sucks even more for Australians being so far away. But every week having a post on Monday saying that "Super Tuesday" isn't here, yet, is getting annoying. I agree that they should give everyone equal time. Maybe just set a 24-hour timer on it or something. I don't see why it doesn't give you as much time as the US. I would think that if it went live to you when they activate it, then it would go away only when they deactivated it. I'm not sure how it's coded. Maybe it's coded to look at the time on your device. If that was the case, could you change the time on your device? I'm pretty sure you can do that with iOS if you turn off "Set Automatically". If that's the case, then you could keep it going forever. I think the question is how do they code it to remove the offers? Is it based on the time on your device or do they just pull it at a certain time based on their time zone? If the latter is the case, then you get it as long as the rest of us.
Charred Blue Sparx Gems: 536
#4 Posted: 17:34:27 29/07/2013
Yea we dont get 24 hours either. And i agree maybe its time to give it a rest, we have enough threads. And yes i agree it sucks.

On better news, there is a Monday update with a Cupid Flameslinger quest, a Gigantus quest, a new companion named Ruggles that lets you add three skylanders to a Sanctuary at once, a crazy timed mine quest to get 70 items in 2.5 days and the promise of a huge event august 1 - 4.

I am holding off on Ruggles until someone reports on the results.
---
Activate name: Charred
bjornolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#5 Posted: 18:20:15 29/07/2013
Anybody get Ruggles yet?

[User Posted Image]

Can't seem to get my flickr photos to show up here.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 18:31:00 29/07/2013 by bjornolf
jbsharbrough Green Sparx Gems: 285
#6 Posted: 18:43:45 29/07/2013
Yes, I got Ruggles. 25 gems. That how I learned that you will use 5,000 fuel for each skylander in a sanctuary. If you have a lot of fuel around, have at you. I'll pass for the nonce.
Cheshire Blue Sparx Gems: 578
#7 Posted: 19:31:21 29/07/2013
You can put up to 3 skylanders in each sanctuary, at 5,000 energy per skylander. The first one pays out gold as per usual. Any extras pay out a "bonus," of gold, gems or stones.

The 5,000 energy question will be how big this bonus is. We'll see starting tomorrow, I guess. It wouldn't surprise me to see Super Tuesday be related to this - double bonuses or half energy costs for sanctuaries, or something like that.
---
Activate username: GilGrunt1969 Add me on Lost Islands!
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5336
#8 Posted: 19:58:49 29/07/2013
Looks like the new alter ego will be Grill Master Chop Chop and he'll be available from the 1st onward, looks like he was included in this update. Be ready to spend those stones everyone.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:17:06 29/07/2013 by Nroc-Nuika
#9 Posted: 20:27:12 29/07/2013 | Topic Creator
We have 25% off all skylanders, a troll invasion with twice the trolls ( just what I needed with 1 day to go on the sheep mob quest & still to clear 9 mobs), and ruggles who allows you to activate sanctuaries with 3 skylanders. Also a poster saying,"Enjoy the summer heat wave", "game changing events coming August 1-4, with a picture of grill master chop chop. So I'm guessing that he's the next alter ego, which will be cool as we need more undead skylanders.
---
Doobrywhatsitsface
#10 Posted: 20:36:48 29/07/2013 | Topic Creator
I like the idea of Ruggles. I won't be using him to add extra skylanders but I think it's a good fix for accidentally pressing twice & wasting 100 gems whilst activavating my sanctuaries. Thanks VV.
---
Doobrywhatsitsface
#11 Posted: 21:11:12 29/07/2013
I will definitely be adding more. Seems better than adventures since I have a shot to get stones and/or gems.
sklndrmommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1508
#12 Posted: 04:24:01 30/07/2013
I got all the updates except 25% off skylanders :-( I just have 5 more to get. Cupid Flameslinger is in my available category. Does that mean I could win him on a spin? I'd buy the other 4 with gems just to win him. I just can't pay 1500 gems for 1 character.
I got the new companion. At first I was worried something wasn't working right because I couldn't add new skylanders to my activated sanctuaries, but after I collected those coins I was able to start 3 at once in the sanctuaries. We'll see in the morning if its working.
Stinks about not having a full day of Super Tuesday. I agree it should be the same amount of time for all - during hours people are actually awake and can use it.
---
Trying to keep an updated code trading list in my guestbook for Lost Islands.
Mommy to player JacksonTreeRex.
#13 Posted: 04:27:58 30/07/2013
Mine doesn't say anything about double trolls either but it seems to be in effect. I only need 3 more sheep mobs though.
---
#14 Posted: 07:03:02 30/07/2013 | Topic Creator
You can only add 3 skylanders at the start of activating the sanctuaries. There is still a chance of accidentally pressing the hurry up once they have been activated. The first skylander gives the regular gold payout, but the next two give a bonus of energy, gold, xp or gems ( just like the giant houses). I'll be using the 3 if there's a chance of getting gems.
---
Doobrywhatsitsface
Aemi Green Sparx Gems: 448
#15 Posted: 08:32:07 30/07/2013
I got ruggles. With 8 sanctuaries and 3 skylanders each thats 120,000 energy per 10 hours. So 240,000 per day to keep them all going. I dont think i can do that with a limit of 31 fields. I havent done the math, perhaps someone else can. I know i can pump 57,000 energy per 7 hrs with my radient fields included. Perhaps they want us to spend gems on more radient energy fields?

I suspect i will use 1-2 per sanctuary once i do my maths for the best use of energy. This presumes i do nothing with my balloons at all and i think i would still use them for element of the day adventures.

Interesting times.

I did the maths on the mine quest. With 4 mines runnng, thats 17 times you need to collect in 2 days. Its tight but doable assuming you are able to collect during breaks at school or work.
#16 Posted: 10:28:09 30/07/2013
I did three skylanders in all but one sanctuary. Here are results:

Gold:.....2. 2. 1. 2. 2. 2. 2
Stones:..1. 0. 1. 1. 0. 0. 0
Gems:....0 1. 1. 0. 1. 1. 1

So, 13 skylanders gave gold, 3 gave a stone, 5 gave a gem. Subtract 7 for the first skylander in each which is ALWAYS gold, and we had 6 give gold, 3 give a stone, and 5 give a gem.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 11:03:24 30/07/2013 by bjornolf
Aemi Green Sparx Gems: 448
#17 Posted: 10:34:47 30/07/2013
My first set of sanctuaries with ruffles came out since this post.

They return gems wish stones or gold according to the tip on the loading screen. Overwhelmingly i got gold, 1 returned gems and no wish stones at all.

Based on this i think its worth the energy because i dont get xp i dont need at 35. Or energy which is always pitiful compared to what i use.

At 25 gems ruffles is much better value than Hyde.
Ryans18 Blue Sparx Gems: 502
#18 Posted: 11:38:28 30/07/2013
I used the multi-sanctuaries. I was a little disappointed. The gold I received from my lvl 12 skylanders was only 18,300, compared to a usual 21k. This only affected my 2nd and 3rd in the sanctuary.

I was also disappointed that the stones and gems were just singles. 5,000 energy and 10 hrs for one stone? Meh. I was hoping for the 1-5 volume like a giant's house.
#19 Posted: 12:30:06 30/07/2013
I got mostly gold as others said, 5 stones and 3 gems (1 gem per skylander). The first skylander paid out gold as it said so I plan to use my specials and ledgendaries here. Like PP said the others paid lower gold or other rewards so I will probably use regular skylanders here and send other specials on adventures. There was a point where this would have been an energy drain for me, but at level 35 it's something fun to do. I'll see if it starts draining my energy too much.
---
Mabu Blue Sparx Gems: 678
#20 Posted: 12:32:20 30/07/2013
Any reason why it takes me forever to get the Moday content? I've completely closed the app, turned on and off wi-fi, blah, blah, still no update.
---
easterro in Lost Islands
bilbobagins3 Gold Sparx Gems: 2869
#21 Posted: 12:37:21 30/07/2013
I put 24 Skylanders in the sanctuaries yesterday, and not counting the 8 guaranteed gold, I received...

12 gold (and yes it was random, not the normal full payout)
4 wishing stones

To me this is certainly not worth the extra energy, I know I am sitting on a ton of it, but I have gold coming out every which way and I was hoping for gem payouts similar to the giant and ego houses as well. I will likely use them as normal and only throw 3 Skylanders into the sanctuary that matches element of the day since worst case scenario is that I will be getting a 40% bump and whatever gold it does pay out and hopefully I will get to 25 gems fairly quickly to at least feel like I broke even.
---
I collect way more than just Skylanders and other video games, check it out.

http://ryanwm1.filmaf.com/
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:38:34 30/07/2013 by bilbobagins3
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#22 Posted: 13:09:51 30/07/2013
Quote: obidawsn
I know that sucks even more for Australians being so far away. But every week having a post on Monday saying that "Super Tuesday" isn't here, yet, is getting annoying. I agree that they should give everyone equal time. Maybe just set a 24-hour timer on it or something.

I've taken most of today to think about your post before responding, so I didn't fly off the handle. I believe you misunderstand the reason some of us are upset. It's not because we're missing some bonuses on a freemium game that costs no money if you don't want it to. There's no leader board or any prestige involved either.
What irritates some of us is that when players receive a timed quest (say seven days), it's EXACTLY seven days from the moment you get the update. Not when the developer uploads. When the player downloads it. So the ability to time bonuses and quests is already present in the app, and currently being used.
That means that the developer's insistence on not timing Super Tuesday is DELIBERATE CHOICE. They know it's wrong for everyone outside the US, but they don't care. They'd rather penalise non-US players instead of risking spolier being posted which might ruin the 'surprise' for US players.
If it was laziness or particularly difficult to code - those explanations I could accept. But to deliberately choose to annoy a large group of players based solely on where they live? The posts from the irritated aren't designed to annoy other players - they're designed to rebuke the developers, who on occasion do visit this forum.
It's wrong. You know and I know it. So was slavery and a hundred other sins. Until people agree to say no, the sins stay. Rebuking people who have a legitimate gripe is... disappointing.
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#23 Posted: 13:23:16 30/07/2013
No Super Tuesday or update!
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
CrazyCanuck Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#24 Posted: 13:26:35 30/07/2013
Quote: Woz
I know that sucks even more for Australians being so far away. But every week having a post on Monday saying that "Super Tuesday" isn't here, yet, is getting annoying. I agree that they should give everyone equal time. Maybe just set a 24-hour timer on it or something.

I've taken most of today to think about your post before responding, so I didn't fly off the handle. I believe you misunderstand the reason some of us are upset. It's not because we're missing some bonuses on a freemium game that costs no money if you don't want it to. There's no leader board or any prestige involved either.
What irritates some of us is that when players receive a timed quest (say seven days), it's EXACTLY seven days from the moment you get the update. Not when the developer uploads. When the player downloads it. So the ability to time bonuses and quests is already present in the app, and currently being used.
That means that the developer's insistence on not timing Super Tuesday is DELIBERATE CHOICE. They know it's wrong for everyone outside the US, but they don't care. They'd rather penalise non-US players instead of risking spolier being posted which might ruin the 'surprise' for US players.
If it was laziness or particularly difficult to code - those explanations I could accept. But to deliberately choose to annoy a large group of players based solely on where they live? The posts from the irritated aren't designed to annoy other players - they're designed to rebuke the developers, who on occasion do visit this forum.
It's wrong. You know and I know it. So was slavery and a hundred other sins. Until people agree to say no, the sins stay. Rebuking people who have a legitimate gripe is... disappointing.

I think you are making a very false assumption about why the update goes out when it does. The Super Tuesday code goes out with the update that rolls out on Monday morning (west coast US time). At that point anyone in the US can access it and see what the Tuesday deal is. "Spoilers" are not the issue here. Timed quests are started when they are triggered, generally by entering the game at all. The daily deals, including Super Tuesday, are date based and set by your device's internal clock. So when Monday morning rolls out for the developers it is partially into Tuesday already for Australia. That sucks. I get that. The problem lies in how to fix it? The only way is to roll the updates out earlier. They could roll them out on Friday in theory. But that has its own problems. How often do we immediately have a rash of issues after a new update? There is usually something that goes wrong. As a developer myself, I can say almost no one rolls out code on Fridays. Why? Because if something goes wrong your site/product is broken all weekend until the developers come in Monday morning. The reason code goes out first thing Mondays is so all the developers are on hand to fix the inevitable bugs when they are discovered. For Australians this sucks. But would you rather have the game be buggy and/or unplayable all weekend when something goes wrong? Those really are the only options. Cut them some slack.
#25 Posted: 13:31:50 30/07/2013

Okay, now. Let's not try to bring things like slavery into this. Seriously?

What they should do is continue to release it everywhere at the same time and change the name. Call it the weekly big one or something like that. Labeling it with a named day was their big mistake.
Mabu Blue Sparx Gems: 678
#26 Posted: 13:33:08 30/07/2013
Quote: Sleepy0429

What device are you playing on?
---
easterro in Lost Islands
#27 Posted: 13:56:45 30/07/2013
Quote: Mabu

What device are you playing on?

I pad mini.
---
#28 Posted: 13:57:25 30/07/2013
Quote:
Timed quests are started when they are triggered, generally by entering the game at all. The daily deals, including Super Tuesday, are date based and set by your device's internal clock. So when Monday morning rolls out for the developers it is partially into Tuesday already for Australia. That sucks. I get that. The problem lies in how to fix it? The only way is to roll the updates out earlier.

The "only way" to fix the problem is to "roll the updates out earlier"? Hardly. If the deals are date-based, and it's acknowledged that they are unfair, then all the developer has to do is stop making them date-based. It's really THAT simple. When the player downloads the new content, a 24-hour timed-event occurs. What is the developer's objection to that? The code for timed quests is already part of the app and works flawlessly.
sungren150 Blue Sparx Gems: 914
#29 Posted: 14:10:15 30/07/2013
Quote:
Ipad mini.

Did you upgrade to version 1.5 from the Apple Store?
---
Add me if you play Skylandrers Lost Islands. My ID is sundgren150
Sorry for my English. It is not my mother tongue.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:11:15 30/07/2013 by sungren150
#30 Posted: 14:12:54 30/07/2013
Quote: sungren150
Quote:
Ipad mini.

IOS 6.1.3
---
#31 Posted: 14:24:49 30/07/2013
Quote: CrazyCanuck

I think you are making a very false assumption about why the update goes out when it does. The Super Tuesday code goes out with the update that rolls out on Monday morning (west coast US time). At that point anyone in the US can access it and see what the Tuesday deal is. "Spoilers" are not the issue here. Timed quests are started when they are triggered, generally by entering the game at all. The daily deals, including Super Tuesday, are date based and set by your device's internal clock. So when Monday morning rolls out for the developers it is partially into Tuesday already for Australia. That sucks. I get that. The problem lies in how to fix it? The only way is to roll the updates out earlier. They could roll them out on Friday in theory. But that has its own problems. How often do we immediately have a rash of issues after a new update? There is usually something that goes wrong. As a developer myself, I can say almost no one rolls out code on Fridays. Why? Because if something goes wrong your site/product is broken all weekend until the developers come in Monday morning. The reason code goes out first thing Mondays is so all the developers are on hand to fix the inevitable bugs when they are discovered. For Australians this sucks. But would you rather have the game be buggy and/or unplayable all weekend when something goes wrong? Those really are the only options. Cut them some slack.

Excuse me but, I could kiss you for this post.

Someone seems to be making a huge assumption that the developers are purposely punishing those not in the US, which is crazy. That's how these free games that constantly push out updates work. You're always going to have time differences across the globe, someone is taking this way too personal. Maybe there is a reason why they DO NOT make it so the quest expiration are based on when the user downloads the content. I believe the intention of the timed quests is probably to get players to play more frequently, because if they don't, the quest becomes more difficult to complete. If they set it up differently, that would defeat the purpose.

If you're so hung up over this, set you devices timezone to US or something. This is a free game. Don't set your expectations so high.
sungren150 Blue Sparx Gems: 914
#32 Posted: 14:51:03 30/07/2013
Quote:
Ipad mini.

IOS 6.1.3

No,no. I mean the version 1.5 of the Skylanders app. I had the same problem and installed it from the AppStore.
---
Add me if you play Skylandrers Lost Islands. My ID is sundgren150
Sorry for my English. It is not my mother tongue.
#33 Posted: 15:09:21 30/07/2013

IOS 6.1.3

No,no. I mean the version 1.5 of the Skylanders app. I had the same problem and installed it from the AppStore.

Yeah that is my current version.
---
#34 Posted: 15:23:38 30/07/2013
Wow. That's some interesting responses. Nod to bjornolf - I agree with all your comments, including my being melodramatic.

I really don't place much stock in CrazyCanuck's theory that the developers are worried about 'buggy' weekends. Try telling that to the players who've had a dozen Spyros locking up their sanctuaries not for two days, but for the past two WEEKS.

They could roll the code out on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday at midnight, 5am, 11pm at night or anytime you like and the time zone issue would STILL be there on all of those days and times. So CrazyCanuck, your solution is what exactly? Again, I don't care what day it's rolled out on. I'd just like it timed to last 24 hours for all players - or at least receive an explanation as to why it isn't timed.

As long as Super Tuesday remains date-based - the problem needlessly remains when it could so easily be fixed as bjornolf points out above.

Also, I'd like to note I politely posted about the time zone issue at Activision Assist and asked for an explanation. I didn't get one, so it's not like I didn't try. I can only speculate what the reason for the time zone issue is. And speculate I have, in the hope the real reason might come to light. I was however asked by Activision Assist to provide a screen capture showing Super Tuesday not appearing. Showing it not appearing. Umm, yeah right.

Thanks also to the poster who pointed out it's a free game. I noticed that too - in my first paragraph. But I suppose I can as you suggest change my device's timezone to US and screw up my other apps. Suppose I'd better amend my atlas as well to show that the earth is flat.
#35 Posted: 15:37:23 30/07/2013
Any smart mobile game developer would never release an update on a Friday, even a Thursday. Lost Islands seems to always release on either Monday or a Tuesday (US Time), and while you say you doubt that they care about a buggy weekend because of the recent 'in use' issue...who is to say they weren't working on a fix since they moment they had reports of it? Not all issues can be fixed in 5 seconds. You clearly don't understand the process of game development and fixing issues, so please do not act like you do.

I completely agree that the fact that they push on Mondays or Tuesdays knowing they always do a Super Tuesday is ridiculous and that should be reassessed, because if it was pushed out sooner, then this issue wouldn't occur.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#36 Posted: 17:09:49 30/07/2013

I didn't misunderstand, anything. I, in fact, understood why you were upset and raised the question of how they code it and what would be the solution. However, I find it irritating that we have to have a new post every week complaining about it and then constantly complaining about it in the Super Tuesday thread. I normally look on Monday or Tuesday for a new thread for the new updates, and then I end up reading a thread titled "Super Tuesday" and just find someone complaining. There's no new information, so it's irritating. Why not have one thread where everyone can discuss the issue instead of the constant whining. If the developers really do read the forums and take note, then they can read that. It will constantly be on the top as long as you keep the discussion up.

As for the updates, I still don't see them, but I didn't realize there was an actual update through the app store. I've been busy, today, so I haven't had a chance to play (which bugs me, because I like Magic day since I have a Magic Shrine and the 30 min timer for the magic crops is usually a good timing for me), but then I open the app and see a bunch of troll camps. I figured something must have happened that I missed. I can't update the app until I get home, so I guess I'll ignore the camps, for now. I do wish I could get some more sheep. I'm in the same boat as everyone else. Still 9 to go and I haven't seen many sheep. Maybe they should have done sheep instead of trolls to help people finish that quest.
CrazyCanuck Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#37 Posted: 19:07:15 30/07/2013
I really don't place much stock in CrazyCanuck's theory that the developers are worried about 'buggy' weekends. Try telling that to the players who've had a dozen Spyros locking up their sanctuaries not for two days, but for the past two WEEKS.

They could roll the code out on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday at midnight, 5am, 11pm at night or anytime you like and the time zone issue would STILL be there on all of those days and times. So CrazyCanuck, your solution is what exactly? Again, I don't care what day it's rolled out on. I'd just like it timed to last 24 hours for all players - or at least receive an explanation as to why it isn't timed.

I rather specifically didn't offer a solution, merely an explanation why there wasn't an easy solution. Honestly the simplest solution would be to leave everything else as is and change to Super Thursday. I don't know what the specific reason for making it Tuesday is, although I could hazard a guess. Likely the reason is pure marketing. The game has been going for quite some time so they have a long enough baseline by now to detect play patterns. In all likelihood, Tuesday was the least often played day across all users as a whole. I stress that so we don't get a dozen responses about how you play just as much on Tuesdays as other days. You may, but the user base as a whole probably doesn't. Based on my past experience with other user driven sites/apps, Tuesdays do tend to be the low point. Even Monday's are better since people don't want the weekend to be over and are more likely to be goofing off than they should be.

So if we assume that Tuesdays were deliberately chosen and are not likely to change we need to look at other possible solutions. Regardless of how much stock you put in the theory that they don't roll out on Fridays so they can respond to bugs faster I would be willing to bet money on it. I have never met a dev team that willingly rolled out anything but emergency patches on Fridays. Major rollouts are always done when the team is on hand and ready to deal with issues. That means Monday mornings are ideal.

Timed quests begin the first time you load the game with the update. Yes, that could be changed. If rollouts happen Monday mornings there isn't any reason to change it though. Weekends are peak play time. Monday morning quests encourage more weekday play. That is what they are for. If they rolled out on Thursdays or some such then they would want to set the timed quests to trigger on set device times. They can (and do) do that. Remember the "Get 200 gems for free" quest? At a certain device time it triggered. But I haven't heard any real complaining about the timed quests since they are reasonably fair.

The issue is the deal of the day. Those are date based and they should be. They are not intended to be random 24 hour periods and making them such would be chaos. The code allowing quests (timed or otherwise) to trigger is not the same code as the daily deals. Saying they can do A so they can also do B does not apply. Super Tuesday is intended to increase play on a day that usually has less play. It is not meant to be the 24 hours immediately following the rollout. And if it did work that way, what happens if I wait a week to play and am in that 24 hour period when the next rollout occurs? Now people complain about it getting cut short rather than starting too late.

The only worldwide viable solution would be to have the Monday morning rollouts include the following week's Super Tuesday. There may be reasons that isn't viable. Depending on the way the code works I could see a few reasons that might not work. I can't say if any apply here. So this might not work either.

The simple matter may be that there is no good solution. Is that fair? No. Does it suck to be on the short end of the stick? Yes. Will constantly complaining about it help? No.

If there is a good, easy solution then I agree that the dev's would be remiss in not doing it. What you can not do is assume there actually is such a solution.

</lecture>

For what it is worth, I've been working in the computer industry for almost twenty years and in online applications specifically for most of the last ten. You don't have to believe what I say, but please understand that I am talking from experience, even if it isn't what you want to hear.
bilbobagins3 Gold Sparx Gems: 2869
#38 Posted: 21:33:59 30/07/2013
If they would just change it to "Super Wednesday or Thursday or Friday" then everybody could just go back to enjoying the game rather than get all worked up. Seriously if you are that upset over the whole thing just change your devices' clock back like 1 day and take advantage, while your at it, go ahead and keep doing it for the entire week if you'd like. It may be an inconvenience and you may believe it's unfair but you could always just stop playing it all together, I bet that would show them.
---
I collect way more than just Skylanders and other video games, check it out.

http://ryanwm1.filmaf.com/
#39 Posted: 12:23:19 31/07/2013
Quote: Doobrywhatsits
I like the idea of Ruggles. I won't be using him to add extra skylanders but I think it's a good fix for accidentally pressing twice & wasting 100 gems whilst activavating my sanctuaries. Thanks VV.

Too bad they didn't make him graduated, like 5000, 3000, 2000 for the skylanders. Would have been more affordable for the less energy rich players.
#40 Posted: 06:27:55 06/08/2013
New Super Tuesday here in east coast USA.

[User Posted Image]
#41 Posted: 13:10:21 06/08/2013
And here's Ol' Mac, like Old MacDonad I assume.

[User Posted Image]

I'll wait until he goes on sale.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:10:53 06/08/2013 by bjornolf
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#42 Posted: 17:54:17 13/08/2013
What, nobody's excited about 2x gold today? Personally, I've stuffed all of my sanctuaries full of sklyanders and pulled out all my adventure balloons to take advantage.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
#43 Posted: 19:25:08 13/08/2013
Quote: midas73
What, nobody's excited about 2x gold today? Personally, I've stuffed all of my sanctuaries full of sklyanders and pulled out all my adventure balloons to take advantage.

Only the FIRST skylander in each sanctuary is guaranteed to get gold, so unless you've got LOTS of skylanders, balloons were better than stacking sanctuaries on a double gold day. Since every balloon adventurer gets gold, I made sure my balloons were filled all day. I put my giants in the sanctuaries and left it at that. I ALWAYS keep one skylander of each element free for totems. Gold is easy - wishstones less so.
#44 Posted: 20:58:49 13/08/2013
Yeah. I always keep at least one of each free too. I am fortunate to have enough sklyanders that I can utilize all the balloons and stack all my sanctuaries. I couldn't quite pull it off because I didn't have the energy.

In terms of balloons vs stacking sanctuaries, that entirely depends on how frequently you get gems/stones and the levels and bonuses of the stacked skylanders. If you can average a 10% bonus on your stacked skylanders (some with 25% bonus and some with no bonus, all level 12) I think you're still more profitable stacking sanctuaries than going on adventures of longer than 1 hour, assuming you get gold 5 out of every 6 times (which is about right in my limited experience).

More math will be needed but figuring this much out was fun!
---
#45 Posted: 23:34:34 13/08/2013
I had enough to stack and send out all my balloons and still have a free skylander from each element for totems. I got lots of gold from the sanctuaries today which was great, but I really need a 2x energy day ;-)
---
#46 Posted: 01:51:43 14/08/2013
Quote: sklndrmommy
... but I really need a 2x energy day ;-)

I've been planting 7-hour Domedelions non-stop for the last two months, and looks I'll be continuing this crop forever. Ever since Ruggles came along, all I can do is break even on energy, and I don't even have all my sanctuaries stacked or all my balloons filled. We're definitely between a rock and a hard place, because I don't imagine anyone is daft enough to spend gems on energy. I'd certainly consider spending wishstones on higher yielding crops if that were ever to become an option.

At the moment, I'm forced to ration energy amongst the skylanders who will pay the most such as the Tree Rex brothers and their No.1 fan, the Spyro twins and their fan, and a few alter egos. I leave the remaining 25 per cent bonus giants free because 25 per cent bonus alter egos can't open gold chests. If I can get a few more alter ego houses, that would help reduce energy consumption.
#47 Posted: 02:16:16 14/08/2013
I let the gold chests sit until I can get to them. They're not going anywhere! I wouldn't hold a giant in reserve just for that. I too ration. The more domedelions you use, the less profit you make from the sanctuaries any way. I feel it's better to plant grave diggers because I can generally check in every 2 hours and they're cheaper. I don't even bother with balloons any more and I don't even try to max the sanctuaries (except for today on both fronts). I normally just put as giants, alter egos, legendarys and specials into sanctuaries. It's not worth the gold (and the risk of not getting gold but rather getting wish stones or gems) to make it worthwhile to put non bonused skylanders in the sanctuaries (other than in the first slot).
---
#48 Posted: 05:59:55 14/08/2013
Midas - for a poster with only 16 forum gems, you're making WAY too much sense. I thought I had a lock on things, but you've thought the whole thing through far better than I have. I can't fault a word you've typed.

The main reason I personally don't go for better value crops is that all the tapping annoys me, and YET I've resisted buying Beatrees despite having almost 10 million in gold. What can I say? I'm completely irrational. Part of me refuses to spend resources on a game patch dressed up as a companion. The feature should have been standard from launch.

Enjoying your posts immensely.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:00:51 14/08/2013 by Woz
#49 Posted: 10:00:46 14/08/2013
I let the gold chests sit until I can get to them. They're not going anywhere! I wouldn't hold a giant in reserve just for that. I too ration. The more domedelions you use, the less profit you make from the sanctuaries any way. I feel it's better to plant grave diggers because I can generally check in every 2 hours and they're cheaper. I don't even bother with balloons any more and I don't even try to max the sanctuaries (except for today on both fronts). I normally just put as giants, alter egos, legendarys and specials into sanctuaries. It's not worth the gold (and the risk of not getting gold but rather getting wish stones or gems) to make it worthwhile to put non bonused skylanders in the sanctuaries (other than in the first slot).

I'm glad your gold chests don't disappear. Mine do every midnight. I've lost about ten learning that lesson.
Charred Blue Sparx Gems: 536
#50 Posted: 13:38:34 14/08/2013
Quote: bjornolf

I'm glad your gold chests don't disappear. Mine do every midnight. I've lost about ten learning that lesson.

My chests disappeared that night of the event where all chests were gold chests. I lost 9 myself. Since then they have returned to normal and do not disappear at midnight. I tested this myself with both gold and silver chests. I routinely leave chest sitting around because they are the best way to give experience to level 1 characters.
---
Activate name: Charred
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me