Page 1 of 1
this game is awesome [CLOSED]
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#1 Posted: 21:43:55 26/07/2013 | Topic Creator
love this game and have had it for a long time. but i started playing again today, i must say it have aged very well and the game is still good smilie
#2 Posted: 23:59:29 26/07/2013 | Topic Creator
i wish they could have done a hd remake of the two ps2 legends games so i could have all the games on the ps3...
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#3 Posted: 03:22:59 27/07/2013
Quote: kappapopm
i wish they could have done a hd remake of the two ps2 legends games so i could have all the games on the ps3...

THIS!!! Hell Yeah!!

Anyway, I like this game, but I really love the GBA Version of TEN (so much action....)
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
3godzilla3 Green Sparx Gems: 185
#4 Posted: 05:39:48 27/07/2013
Oh, goodness, no. This game IMO is the worst video game I've ever played. Its difficulty is through the roof throughout the entire game, ESPECIALLY the Swamp level (the second level). And I don't particularly suck at the game, or video games in general. I've seen a lot of advanced players hate the game because of how absurdly hard it was. It's not the fair kind of hard difficulty either. It's just plain cheap. For example, those Hyena-Wolf enemies. Not only are they fast enough to the point where there is almost no reaction time, their attacks are just absurd. If one hits you once. ONCE. You'll get dazed for like 3 seconds, and during those 3 seconds ANOTHER charges at you, adding an additional 3 seconds for an endless stream of attacks that you CAN'T ESCAPE. Not to mention that if you die while fighting all these hordes of enemies, you'll have to fight them all ALL OVER AGAIN instead of just fighting the ones you haven't killed yet. And the entire game is incredibly bleak and dull, nothing really stands out. The only things I found enjoyable were the soundtrack (absolutely amazing) and the story, which was pretty epic. But then again, this is all just my opinion you guys. If you guys like the game, then that's completely fine. More power to you. But to me, I can't stand it.
---
"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." - Philippians 4:13
Eevee88 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4343
#5 Posted: 05:51:03 27/07/2013
i don't like it i have the pixal kind ( please don't start that thread )
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#6 Posted: 06:49:07 27/07/2013
Of the LoS games, TEN was always my favorite. :) It had the most consistent atmosphere, the best villain in the trilogy, and my favorite Cynder design. :)
#7 Posted: 07:11:55 27/07/2013
In TEN, it was the same gray, black, and purple color used for every level. I liked how the levels looked in ANB. They all had something different that made them stand out from each other. smilie
---
#8 Posted: 11:52:09 27/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: 3godzilla3
Oh, goodness, no. This game IMO is the worst video game I've ever played. Its difficulty is through the roof throughout the entire game, ESPECIALLY the Swamp level (the second level). And I don't particularly suck at the game, or video games in general. I've seen a lot of advanced players hate the game because of how absurdly hard it was. It's not the fair kind of hard difficulty either. It's just plain cheap. For example, those Hyena-Wolf enemies. Not only are they fast enough to the point where there is almost no reaction time, their attacks are just absurd. If one hits you once. ONCE. You'll get dazed for like 3 seconds, and during those 3 seconds ANOTHER charges at you, adding an additional 3 seconds for an endless stream of attacks that you CAN'T ESCAPE. Not to mention that if you die while fighting all these hordes of enemies, you'll have to fight them all ALL OVER AGAIN instead of just fighting the ones you haven't killed yet. And the entire game is incredibly bleak and dull, nothing really stands out. The only things I found enjoyable were the soundtrack (absolutely amazing) and the story, which was pretty epic. But then again, this is all just my opinion you guys. If you guys like the game, then that's completely fine. More power to you. But to me, I can't stand it.

the los series are a bit more mature than the earlier games... i guess that is something you dont like about it... and yes its a bit hard here and there if you dont like a challenge. but as you say the soundtrack, story is epic... and i like the more mature approach to spyro in the los series. so for me i love the los series because i got a bit tired of the kid approach to spyro(there was 4 games of this). heros tail is something inbetween of the 4 first and los series... but with that said no spyro game is really bad they are all good. because there are worse games out there.
#9 Posted: 17:29:20 27/07/2013
Well actually, to be completely honest, I really enjoyed the seriousness of the series. It just made everything seem a heck of a lot more epic , which I absolutely love. It's just that Eternal Night almost ruined it for me. Thank God the story was good, or else I would've just stopped playing.
---
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#10 Posted: 18:49:07 27/07/2013

Hey,there are many games with worse gameplay,I think the internet had plenty of Sonic 06 to know better. It's not difficult at all if you stop focusing on fighting and focus on avoiding(Dragon Time,Comet Dashing out of the way,actually stopping to mash buttons and try to 'herd' the enemies into places you can see),and even if the stun is annoying,it's nothing but fake difficulty and can be averted.
If the game's bleak and dull,then my old TV must've been blessed for the time I played it,because NOTHING was more shiny than Celestial Caves in the whole legend series,and Mountain Fortress/Mountain of Malefor had plenty of interesting ways to play with the lightning with the acid waterfalls and glowing statues. ANB is by far the title with the worst lightning,since places that should be lit aren't(half of Mount Boyzitbig,can't remember the actual level name) and places that are dark are so dark not even changing the TV's settings made me able to see a thing(the Swamp).DOTD was also pretty dull and boring except for a few levels,and not because it was dark and disturbing,but because everything was shiny and detailed,and there wasn't personality in the style like TEN and ANB had - spirals,architecture,enemy design(special mention to this one),and the overall level design made everything look like they set the atmosphere just right.
And,on your other comment,you haven't gone past the Ancient Grove if you say there's purple and darkness everywhere.The only purple at Fellmuth and the Celestial Caves is the one from Fury gems,and Fellmuth happens from daytime to sunset :3
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#11 Posted: 20:21:52 27/07/2013
Goodness dude, it was just my opinion. xD It's just how I saw it as I traversed through the game. Sorry, but that's just how I thought the game looked and felt during my playthrough. :/ And that comment about Sonic 06. I would MUCH rather play Sonic 06 than this game. At least Sonic 06 didn't have any difficulty spikes in all the wrong places like this game did. (Again, that's just my opinion).
---
#12 Posted: 20:31:24 27/07/2013
Goodness dude, it was just my opinion. xD It's just how I saw it as I traversed through the game. Sorry, but that's just how I thought the game looked and felt during my playthrough. :/ And that comment about Sonic 06. I would MUCH rather play Sonic 06 than this game. At least Sonic 06 didn't have any difficulty spikes in all the wrong places like this game did. (Again, that's just my opinion).

Sorry if it felt like I was bashing on you for not liking it,didn't notice my walls of text are so intimidating x3 (And hey,the game isn't flawless,specially since the graphics are so poor compared to games around the same time) But Sonic 06 had all the weird level design,no? There wasn't any difficulty in the game,but some characters' levels were sure jarring because they were badly designed or the character wasn't fit for it(Wave Ocean,it sure seems like a good idea to have everyone go through it with changes so minor it's Sonic's version over and over again...but let's not go offtopic,it also depends on the version of 06 when it comes to glitches)
---
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#13 Posted: 20:38:10 27/07/2013
Heh, I know quite a crude saying about opinions that I'd love to quote here, but it's too crude, so I will just hold it in my heart now. :D
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#14 Posted: 21:10:11 27/07/2013
Eh, I'm okay with this game. I'm thankful that it handled the lighting better than ANB and that it threw more platforming into the game. But I think certain parts of levels really overstay their welcome and the checkpoint system, in comparison to ANB, is more unforgiving. I still like it EONS more than DotD though. And when you get Dark Spyro, the game is a lot more fun.

I will say that I did like Fellmuth Arena and Pirate Fleet quite a bit, even though it didn't feel like they served too much purpose in the grand scheme of things. They had good level design and fun bosses. Might be my favorite levels from the whole series. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#15 Posted: 23:47:02 27/07/2013
This game is freaking BEAST. XP
Story is perfect, the characters look amazing...
Such an awesome game. e.e
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
#16 Posted: 02:49:50 28/07/2013
What's probably the ONLY level I loved in the game was The Celestial Caves. It had the right level of difficulty, the color patterns definitely stood out more than any other level, and the final boss (The Elemental Dragon) was quite the epic boss fight. The music in there is also one of the best tracks in the game. smilie So I guess the game is not ALL bad.
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#17 Posted: 20:43:05 28/07/2013
and the final boss (The Elemental Dragon) was quite the epic boss fight.

Never mind the fact that the boss is just Cynder from ANB with a slight puzzle thrown at you. @.@
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#18 Posted: 22:51:06 28/07/2013
My favorite boss is Skabb's second form,to be honest x3 (Second is Arborick,but since I'm the only one that isn't annoyed by the unholy timing to attack him,guess it isn't worth mentioning) not only it's a boss that requires quite a lot of effort to attack,the battle and the song make for a very good intense atmosphere,which makes it all the more enjoyable as hard as it is :3
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:51:22 28/07/2013 by Bifrost
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#19 Posted: 06:18:40 29/07/2013
the los series is my favourite
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#20 Posted: 17:59:43 29/07/2013
i like spyro regardless of weither it is the old or new games however the action in ANB is just too much from what i have seen, it would be the last spyro game i get
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#21 Posted: 16:55:38 22/08/2013
It's a pretty decent game, definitely my favorite out of the trilogy.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#22 Posted: 04:37:46 11/09/2013
I love TEN's mechanics and story but the level design was just awful. The platforming sections had very inconsistent difficulties and that darn knockback...
My favourite part of the game was Fellmuth, I feel like it had the best difficulty and the design was awesome, but White Isles is tied(if not my favourite).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:38:44 11/09/2013 by Arc of Archives
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me