Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Mobile > Skylanders: Lost Islands > Save wishing stones v spend em when u get them?
Page 1 of 1
Save wishing stones v spend em when u get them? [CLOSED]
Ndfox Yellow Sparx Gems: 1225
#1 Posted: 20:24:42 26/07/2013 | Topic Creator
What is the best approach to using the wishing stones....use them immediately or save them up and spend a whole bunch all at once?
---
mxmas in activate, kids ndfox in activate
Lash Blue Sparx Gems: 820
#2 Posted: 20:32:00 26/07/2013
I save them and only use them until I win the alter ego. Then save again.
---
Lashie on Lost Islands.
Anarrah Blue Sparx Gems: 993
#3 Posted: 20:41:17 26/07/2013
Yeah I do the same thing.
bjornolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#4 Posted: 20:42:37 26/07/2013
Same here.
Ndfox Yellow Sparx Gems: 1225
#5 Posted: 20:43:45 26/07/2013 | Topic Creator
I saw some posts suggesting you get the alter ego around 150 stones...is that your experience? I have maybe 45 now
---
mxmas in activate, kids ndfox in activate
#6 Posted: 20:58:16 26/07/2013
Totally random. Some get it with their 12th stone, some with their 200th.
Doobrywhatsits Green Sparx Gems: 363
#7 Posted: 21:24:48 26/07/2013
My luckometer maxed out at about 225 for me both times with SSB & FZ. I thought," you bastards, another disappointment from the makers". Especially when hearing about others low amount success.
---
Doobrywhatsitsface
CrazyCanuck Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#8 Posted: 21:32:39 26/07/2013
The last few months have been circa 150 each for me to win. I got lucky Boomer with 8, Hoppity with 400-something. The luckmeter seems to hit critical mass around 150 so the odds of winning around there is high but not certain.
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#9 Posted: 21:40:09 26/07/2013
Quote: Doobrywhatsits
My luckometer maxed out at about 225 for me both times with SSB & FZ. I thought," you bastards, another disappointment from the makers". Especially when hearing about others low amount success.

How many stones isn't important. What's important is did you get any good community buildings (ones normally purchased with gems) or shrines? I'd gladly spend hundreds of stones if I could win some buildings worth hundreds of much harder-to-come-by gems. I've got a couple, but I'd really like a shrine for once. The only thing stopping me buying a third of any shrine when they're on sale is the chance the well might give me an extra one I'd be unable to use.

OOOOH! Wait. Everyone's limited to BUYING three shrines, but...If you buy three shrines of the same element, and win a fourth at the well, will the game let you place the fourth one on the map? Anyone hit that scenario yet?
skylanderGIRLz Green Sparx Gems: 226
#10 Posted: 21:42:19 26/07/2013
Quote: Woz
Quote: Doobrywhatsits

How many stones isn't important. What's important is did you get any good community buildings (ones normally purchased with gems) or shrines? I'd gladly spend hundreds of stones if I could win some buildings worth hundreds of much harder-to-come-by gems. I've got a couple, but I'd really like a shrine for once. The only thing stopping me buying a third of any shrine when they're on sale is the chance the well might give me an extra one I'd be unable to use.

OOOOH! Wait. Everyone's limited to BUYING three shrines, but...If you buy three shrines of the same element, and win a fourth at the well, will the game let you place the fourth one on the map? Anyone hit that scenario yet?

You can only BUY three, but I can confirm that if you win one from the well, you can place it and it works. So you can actually have more than three! Just not buy more than three.
Sickboy1138 Blue Sparx Gems: 817
#11 Posted: 02:45:25 27/07/2013
It takes a max of 200 to get a character, so ive saved 400 and spend the ones after 400 at random and save my 400 for the alt characters
LCCCTWN Green Sparx Gems: 175
#12 Posted: 15:50:28 27/07/2013
I had three life shrines and won a fourth as a goal reward. Placed it and it works just fine.
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#13 Posted: 17:03:57 27/07/2013
skylanderGIRLz/LCCCTWN,

The final part of the equation therefore is: if you WIN one of your first three shrines of the same element, will the game then allow you to purchase a working fourth shrine (being that it would only be your third actual purchase)?
CrazyCanuck Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#14 Posted: 17:59:53 27/07/2013
Quote: Woz
skylanderGIRLz/LCCCTWN,

The final part of the equation therefore is: if you WIN one of your first three shrines of the same element, will the game then allow you to purchase a working fourth shrine (being that it would only be your third actual purchase)?

No. Once you possess three, regardless of source, the ability to buy goes away. Further acquisition via other means remain usable, but the store does not care where they came from. If you have three, no more buyable.
Doobrywhatsits Green Sparx Gems: 363
#15 Posted: 23:19:02 27/07/2013
So it pays to own all the shrines before it decides to give you one, either from the well or a timed quest
---
Doobrywhatsitsface
jbsharbrough Green Sparx Gems: 285
#16 Posted: 12:35:30 28/07/2013
For sure shrines are my favorite thing to win. And for sure, you want to budget your stones to win the alter-ego each month, as well as to shop for community buildings and shrines. Pick whichever number you like, let's say 400 since it's been said above. Past 400 stones set aside for the alter-ego, I think you should throw SOME of them into the well, in hopes of winning taverns, shrines, bakeries, blossom trees, or whatever.

Banner ads in the game say that you can still win "top prizes" after you've won the alter-ego. Your "luck meter" is apparently only related to the drop rate for the alter-ego, and the drop rates for the other prizes are unchanged. I've won three taverns, two bakeries, and two shrines this month, having thrown maybe 100-125 more stones into the well.

But you ought to count your legendary skylanders, and then target a certain number of Hall of Legends buildings. They cost 200 wishstones, and work just like a giant house. I have 4 giant houses (I've read that many players have more) and 3 halls. Between the money and wishstones from shrines, and the money, gems and fuel from the houses / halls, I seldom send out ships or grow crops. If there's a quest that pays gems, I send a ship out, but I digress. The point is that your "wishstone" account might be divided into three set-aside amounts:

• Something for the monthly alter-ego
  • Something to throw into the well for more buildings and shrines
  • A budget for Hall of Legends construction

I don't think that there's a right formula, but wishstones have become a much more useful currency over the past couple of months.

Oh, and don't be like me. Don't be in too big of a hurry to sell the plants and decorations you win. Some of them can only be purchased with gems, and give XP boosts in excess of the 3% that you can get with the decorations you buy with gold. The Blossom tree boosts 10%. Putting it in just the right spot can boost 4 buildings 10%, and that's almost as good as getting half of a community building. If you're fairly far along, maybe XP doesn't matter, but below level 30, it's huge.
Amulet_Star Blue Sparx Gems: 954
#17 Posted: 19:04:51 29/07/2013
I got Surfer Slam Bam when I wasn't even half way up on the luck meter. But for Firework Zook, I didn't get him until I was like 75 percent up.

Also, anyone know what August's alter ego will be? I've got like 40 stones saved up and I can't wait to throw them in.
---
where did all the good frogs go
#18 Posted: 20:51:41 29/07/2013
It's looking like grilling chop chop.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me