Page 1 of 1
Ordered it! :D [CLOSED]
spyroisthebest8 Gold Sparx Gems: 2930
#1 Posted: 03:40:34 23/07/2013 | Topic Creator
My old one is freezing up badly (if you read my last topic you'll understand) X3
So I ordered a new one! The bad thing is that it might come when I'm on vacation. 3X
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#2 Posted: 07:50:25 23/07/2013
How come you didn't decide to download it off of the PSN? It might have worked out cheaper?
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#3 Posted: 10:01:05 23/07/2013
Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
How come you didn't decide to download it off of the PSN? It might have worked out cheaper?

Disk is better, from what they tell me the PSN version is littered with glitches..

Indeed it is. The disc version works much better.... well not my discs, they glitch even worse BUT STILL! ._.
spyrobeta Green Sparx Gems: 237
#4 Posted: 10:25:39 23/07/2013
Yep, Same issue. PSN version is very buggy and still not fixed.
---
Spyro Classic Fan forever. I highly despise Activision and Skylanders. Problem? Shove it.
#5 Posted: 10:56:00 23/07/2013
Oh, okay, didn't know that. Luckily my disc versions are still fine, I've noticed one minor thing on Spyro 2, and 3, and that is when the gems count up at the end of the level, sometimes they don't chime. But most of the time they do.
---
#6 Posted: 12:05:09 23/07/2013
There is also the fact that the PSN versions, they lag. Try going into large areas or glide. The game lags. Additionally, the music is out of sync. Also, many have been having issues with Spyro 3 that the anti piracy fairy will show up at the door to the balloon in Sunrise Springs. This happens rarely, but ive had it occur too.
---
Spyro Classic Fan forever. I highly despise Activision and Skylanders. Problem? Shove it.
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#7 Posted: 18:18:26 23/07/2013
On the PSN one, the music lags while talking to the pilots :/
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:19:00 23/07/2013 by Hot Dog 542
#8 Posted: 19:49:23 23/07/2013
Oh right, and there's me thinking that the PSN versions would be better.
---
#9 Posted: 00:15:21 24/07/2013
Its not exactly "bad", but its not good either.

The game is very glitchy. Its kind of an embarrassment to us fans that the PSN versions are as glitchy as Spyro: Enter the dragonfly.

(PSN Versions contain same bugs, same lockups and same lags as Spyro: ETDF, so yea.)
---
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#10 Posted: 02:09:20 24/07/2013
This thread is why I still play my games in disk/cartridge format instead of digital, even though it costs more money.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Starfire Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5302
#11 Posted: 04:47:01 24/07/2013
Quote: JCW555
This thread is why I still play my games in disk/cartridge format instead of digital, even though it costs more money.

lol Same here smilie
Also if something happens to your system you don't have to worry about downloading everything again.
---
My Dragon Art & Stuff
PSN: Starfire--Dragon
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#12 Posted: 05:18:43 24/07/2013
I would get the discs if I could, but we sold our PS1 when we got a PS2 smilie
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
#13 Posted: 07:04:52 24/07/2013
Oh right, and there's me thinking that the PSN versions would be better.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Sure it's more convenient for people to simply download the game via PSN, but for the best Classic Spyro
experience physical disk is best way to go smilie (Not saying it's bad if anyone here does play it on PSN).

Typical Sony for you. How hard is it for them just to do this simple thing without having to mess anything up? smilie
---
#14 Posted: 07:28:44 24/07/2013
There are a few times sony requires the developer to edit the PS1/2 classic before release.

Some i can name off the top of my head:

PS1:
Ape Escape (Japan PSN) has some tracks removed at the composers demand.

PS2:
GTA 3- A song was removed from the opera station at record company demand.
GTA SA- A song was removed from Radio X at the record companys demand.
Primal- A song was removed from the game and replaced with another, at the record company demand.
---
#15 Posted: 07:57:49 24/07/2013
Quote: spyrobeta
There are a few times sony requires the developer to edit the PS1/2 classic before release.

Some i can name off the top of my head:

PS1:
Ape Escape (Japan PSN) has some tracks removed at the composers demand.

PS2:
GTA 3- A song was removed from the opera station at record company demand.
GTA SA- A song was removed from Radio X at the record companys demand.
Primal- A song was removed from the game and replaced with another, at the record company demand.

At the record company demand? Really? That's just going too far. Surely they were the ones that didn't mind having the track there in the first place? It's a funny old world.
---
#16 Posted: 10:16:59 24/07/2013
Actually, the company was paid to do it in the first place. Companies can request songs to be removed from future releases, which is what happened.
---
#17 Posted: 10:28:26 24/07/2013
Actually, the company was paid to do it in the first place. Companies can request songs to be removed from future releases, which is what happened.

I just don't see what the big deal is.
---
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#18 Posted: 19:49:01 24/07/2013
Really? the PSN versions are laggy? I don't have any issue when I'm playing these games on my PSP, or this thing just happend in the PS3?
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
#19 Posted: 03:35:10 25/07/2013

I just don't see what the big deal is.

Royalties and legal issues.
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#20 Posted: 21:45:09 25/07/2013
Quote: SamXala
Really? the PSN versions are laggy? I don't have any issue when I'm playing these games on my PSP, or this thing just happend in the PS3?

I think the only one of the Insomniac games where things are noticeable on the PSN is with Year of the Dragon, since they used the original black label version, which had a rushed release and thus came with several bugs, missing music tracks, and a missing cutscene. The Greatest Hits version fixed the issues. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#21 Posted: 23:35:41 25/07/2013
Quote: HIR

I think the only one of the Insomniac games where things are noticeable on the PSN is with Year of the Dragon, since they used the original black label version, which had a rushed release and thus came with several bugs, missing music tracks, and a missing cutscene. The Greatest Hits version fixed the issues. <.<

Yeah, it doesn't have the "Spike is Born" cutscene >.<
---
spyroisthebest8 Gold Sparx Gems: 2930
#22 Posted: 02:47:56 26/07/2013 | Topic Creator
I got it today. Finally got 120%!!!!
#23 Posted: 08:24:10 26/07/2013

Yeah, it doesn't have the "Spike is Born" cutscene >.<

I tell you what, it feels like there should be a cutscene when Spyro faces the Sorceress, and don't you think it's weird how she doesn't really have a name?
---
#24 Posted: 09:55:33 26/07/2013
^ Agreed. There really should have been a cutscene between them.. especially since she's the last boss and all..

I know, I got al hyped up to see how Spyro would face the Sorceress, and you get nothing, you just get plopped straight into battle, very disapointing.
---
#25 Posted: 12:37:38 26/07/2013
The PSN copy of Spyro 3 is the original, yes. So its got the glitches, and missing features the original copy had. Which is sad.

The greatest hits is clearly the best version. Its uncut, meaning its got the right songs in the right levels (In the original release, evening lake used sunrise springs song, but in greatest hits, its got its own personal and beautiful song.), its also got a cut scene that was missing in the original release.
---
#26 Posted: 03:29:01 27/07/2013
^ Agreed. There really should have been a cutscene between them.. especially since she's the last boss and all..

I know, I got al hyped up to see how Spyro would face the Sorceress, and you get nothing, you just get plopped straight into battle, very disapointing.

Yeah, It didn't show a "Hero VS Villain" connection like Ripto in Spyro 2, The Sorceress didn't have a single conversation and/or cutscene with Spyro in the WHOLE game!!! What the Rhynoc Insomniac!? >.<
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#27 Posted: 03:34:13 27/07/2013

Yeah, It didn't show a "Hero VS Villain" connection like Ripto in Spyro 2, The Sorceress didn't have a single conversation and/or cutscene with Spyro in the WHOLE game!!! What the Rhynoc Insomniac!? >.<

I believe that was intentional. They wanted to portray her as more of a serious villain, and as we could clearly see from both Ripto's and Bianca's interactions with Spyro, he wasn't exactly the serious type. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#28 Posted: 06:35:23 27/07/2013

I believe that was intentional. They wanted to portray her as more of a serious villain, and as we could clearly see from both Ripto's and Bianca's interactions with Spyro, he wasn't exactly the serious type. <.<

Still they should have added in a scene before the battle. I guess if they had more time they would have done, but then why would they have the time to add in that long ending scene? And where you get to headbutt Moneybags? GOONRO? Maybe?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:36:55 27/07/2013 by SuperSpyroFan
SpyroFan1997 Green Sparx Gems: 137
#29 Posted: 02:46:53 01/04/2014
I love this game so much! smilie
---
I don't use this account anymore.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me