Forum

Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer / Ripto's Rage > To Anyone Who Owns the Greatest Hits Version of Spyro 2: RR/GTG
Page 1 of 1
To Anyone Who Owns the Greatest Hits Version of Spyro 2: RR/GTG [CLOSED]
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#1 Posted: 09:25:09 22/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Does your end labels look like this?

[User Posted Image]

The side labels are a little left justified and not centered.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:26:32 22/07/2013 by JCW555
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#2 Posted: 09:49:10 22/07/2013
No, over here in the UK, we call them "Platinum" and on the original the text would be in white with a black background, and on the "Platinum" the text would be in grey with a silver background. Maybe I could take a picture of it later to show you? And on te side, it doesn't mention "Platinum", only on the front.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:59:03 22/07/2013 by SuperSpyroFan
#3 Posted: 09:51:21 22/07/2013 | Topic Creator
If you'd like to, I'd love to see it. By the way, I pity the UK/PAL PS1 cases. They're so fragile, from what I've heard.
---
#4 Posted: 10:09:38 22/07/2013
Quote: JCW555
If you'd like to, I'd love to see it. By the way, I pity the UK/PAL PS1 cases. They're so fragile, from what I've heard.

I'll post it by tomorrow hopefully.
Yes, the cases are so chunky compared to the North American ones, I wish they were like yours, the only case I've liked, is the Tomb Raider 1 case, because it was a double case, for some reason I couldn't understand why because there was only one disc, I'd use the second half for a memory card, and it closed fine. The game cartridge cases you have reminds me of music CD cases.
---
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6814
#5 Posted: 12:11:44 22/07/2013
'Spyro (2): Ripto's Rage'.

Do all game sequels have brackets in them like that in America regions? Just curious.
#6 Posted: 15:37:24 03/08/2013
Here you go, here's what the side of the labels look like for me, here in England. The one on top is the equivilent to the Greatest Hits version in North America which is the Platinum version over here, and the one beneath is the original copy.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Here's a couple of damages to the case,

you can tell it's been loved.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

I think that the North American cases, and discs, also the covers look a lot better. The cases are a lot better because they do not take up as much space on the shelf as compared to these ones.

By the way, JCW555, I'll be looking forward to hear of you reaction. Could you post the front cover of your Spyro 2 please? I'm pretty sure it looks a lot cooler than the one I have. Even the Spyro 3 cover looks better in North America, Bentley looks wicked on it, yet on the version in Europe, Bentley looks derpy.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:41:48 03/08/2013 by SuperSpyroFan
#7 Posted: 08:56:18 06/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Yup, I'll PM you pictures of my Spyro games to you. Interesting the case size of PAL games. The cover art and back art of them are really different. Interesting that your 2 isn't in parentheses like ours. Still sucks that your cases are so flimsy. But anyway, all of my Spyro games are used, but you can tell they've been loved my me smilie.
---
#8 Posted: 09:45:55 06/08/2013
Quote: JCW555
Yup, I'll PM you pictures of my Spyro games to you. Interesting the case size of PAL games. The cover art and back art of them are really different. Interesting that your 2 isn't in parentheses like ours. Still sucks that your cases are so flimsy. But anyway, all of my Spyro games are used, but you can tell they've been loved my me smilie.

I don't understand why we couldn't have had the same cases as North America, since the PS2, and PS3, Xbox, and all these other gaming consoles both have the same cases, and nine times out of ten, the images on the cases are the same, with the exception of some name changes, as that still seems to occasionally happen, like the first Sly game for instance. I think in North America the name is "Sly Cooper" but over here it's been changed to "Sly Raccoon".

ANYWAY, of course! Spyro is lovable.
---
spyroisthebest8 Gold Sparx Gems: 2930
#9 Posted: 02:25:03 11/08/2013
Mine looks like that smilie
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#10 Posted: 02:02:19 15/01/2014
Yes mine does.
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#11 Posted: 02:40:46 15/01/2014
I have the trilogy box, but I think it looks similar.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me