Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Advice on how to spend my gold [CLOSED]
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#1 Posted: 12:45:19 21/07/2013 | Topic Creator
With Advisor Orville gifting me 250 gold every day, it is starting to mount up. After playing for four months, Orville has given me almost 30,000 gold! Should I splash out and blow it all on a large wooden house or keep saving up for a slab stone house, which will take about 16 and a half years?
jbsharbrough Green Sparx Gems: 285
#2 Posted: 14:37:48 21/07/2013
How do you keep Orville's gold separate from the other gold you've gathered over the four months? Are you saying that this is your only source of income? Could you qualify for Skylander disability, or unemployment? That would help you cut the time for the slab house to less than ten years, maybe.

If I was gonna spend $30,000, I'd spend it on elemental markers, and put them next to my community buildings, to help me level up faster.
kevinsm2769 Blue Sparx Gems: 760
#3 Posted: 14:48:48 21/07/2013
I have over 6 million in coins and I don't know wtf to spend it on, they need to fix the game first off and then add more islands or something as it has gotten boring.
---
Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of others.
#4 Posted: 15:07:03 21/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: kevinsm2769
I have over 6 million in coins and I don't know wtf to spend it on, they need to fix the game first off and then add more islands or something as it has gotten boring.

Careful what you wish for. They might add the swapforce characters AND raise the level cap for spins. Then your six million wouldn't even nab a single skylander...
#5 Posted: 15:10:39 21/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: jbsharbrough
How do you keep Orville's gold separate from the other gold you've gathered over the four months?

I click on Orville's gold while holding down the shift key, and drag it to the community bank building. It keeps a separate tally there although it only pays 5 per cent interest on deposits.
Excelsior Yellow Sparx Gems: 1170
#6 Posted: 22:32:16 21/07/2013
How do I do that on my iPad?

Do you play on Facebook?
---
banksia123
Jay097 Red Sparx Gems: 64
#7 Posted: 23:21:29 21/07/2013
Quote: Excelsior
How do I do that on my iPad?

Do you play on Facebook?

I, I think he was being sarcastic... Would be cool if you can actually see statistics like that, like how much $$ we have gotten from adventures, or how many gems have we gotten from gifts our friends sent.
---
For the Alliance
Spookee, Blackwater Circle
US Cenarion Circle
bjornolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#8 Posted: 00:38:33 22/07/2013
I still don't get why of all buildings, the banks don't give gold, even if it's only 5 or something...
#9 Posted: 04:25:59 22/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Actually, it's not unrealistic for the developers to do a little more with some of the community buildings. Take the bank for instance. Why couldn't you choose to put some of your gold in the bank as a term deposit? The rules could be that you'd earn 20 per cent interest on however much you deposited, but the flip side is you wouldn't be able to touch that gold for a whole week. Players would have to decide how much of their stash to invest, at the risk of a really good sale coming along that required access to lots of gold. You could have a Jeweller for gems under the same conditions, a Nursery for mabus, and a Fountain for wishing stones. Risk versus reward on all currency types.
sungren150 Blue Sparx Gems: 914
#10 Posted: 08:27:07 22/07/2013
I wonder how you get these big amounts of gold. I think there are 3 main ways:

1) You activate the sanctuaries.
2) You activate the houses, but you don't have gold guaranteed in houses.
3) You send skylanders on adventures. The problem here is that you spend a lot of energy, so you have to re invest a lot of gold in energy, so it is not so profitable.

Doing all three, I earn like 500.000 gold per day, it takes me 3 days to build a slab house. Is there any way to earn coins faster?
---
Add me if you play Skylandrers Lost Islands. My ID is sundgren150
Sorry for my English. It is not my mother tongue.
#11 Posted: 11:56:02 22/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: sungren150
I wonder how you get these big amounts of gold. Doing all three, I earn like 500.000 gold per day, it takes me 3 days to build a slab house. Is there any way to earn coins faster?

At 5000 energy per sanctuary, those aren't much more economical than adventures. Half a million gold a day seems about normal. There's no secret to the players who are amassing heaps of gold. Once you've hit the level cap and don't have anything left to spend your gold on... That's why I've stopped buying skylanders with gems no matter how big the discount. I'll eventually have heaps of gold and will be able to keep spinning for the 50-odd skylanders I don't have yet thanks to the 5 million spin cap.

I've also switched from a gold or gem based economy to a wishstone based one. I use my gems to buy shrines when they are on sale. With a never ending supply of wishstones, the well should provide everything I want... eventually.
SweetMaboo Blue Sparx Gems: 630
#12 Posted: 16:52:18 22/07/2013
I have over 10 million gold and spent 10 million last week on the Tuesday 1/2 price spins. I have 13 elemental shrine spitting out 11,000 or 12,000 every hour. With my Giant and alter ego houses going at least twice a day I only adventure to do challenges and level up Skylanders. I don't really even need to plant crops anymore because of the giant houses. I have over 1 million energy and have only planted because of various challenges. The game starts to get easier once you reach level 30 at that point you start making more gold, energy than you spend.
CrazyCanuck Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#13 Posted: 19:30:35 22/07/2013
Six million, ten million... You think you don't know what to spend it on? With 24 shrines, all ten giant/alter ego houses and ten Hall of Legends I'm sitting at 126,413,813 gold. I'd welcome something expensive to buy as long as it provided some useful purpose. The apparently ever growing cost of spins doesn't help when you have all 71 Skylanders already.
jbsharbrough Green Sparx Gems: 285
#14 Posted: 20:27:57 22/07/2013
Woz, if you haven't already, you could replace your houses with slabs, and try to see if you could get 100,000 mabu or something.

You could also try to get a lot of decorations to max your XP. Do they even count XP after you reach 35? I'm at 31 and already not so excited about XP.

I confess that I only have about 65 skylanders, so I still spin, and I still buy slabs for urban renewal.

Clearly, from reading the posts here, there's not much to keep the interest once you "finish" the game. I like the idea of switching to a wishing stone economy. But beyond that, I guess one could pursue some kind of perfection - maxing some measurement like XP or population.

Whatever you do, share it! The rest of us will need the advice.
#15 Posted: 22:39:07 22/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: jbsharbrough
Woz, if you haven't already, you could replace your houses with slabs, and try to see if you could get 100,000 mabu or something.

You could also try to get a lot of decorations to max your XP. Do they even count XP after you reach 35? I'm at 31 and already not so excited about XP.

I've not hit endgame myself yet. I'm at 33 and have well and truly given up on XP. I don't even bother collecting the XP on half my buildings anymore. I'm just busy amassing ALL currency (with an emphasis on wishstones) until the next 'game changer' comes along. Then I'll splurge and surge.

I'm looking forward to eventually 'slabbing' my islands and leaving one great square of free space in the middle of one island only. THAT is where EVERYTHING will spawn, making those tricky wizards easier to catch, totems won't need to be 'found', and even Hyde won't have anywhere else to go (I think). A clickable corral of goodies, if you like.

My islands are a mess at the moment. So there's a cleanup in my future, as well creating the corral. And there's the small task of getting the 50-odd skylanders I don't have yet. So I'm nowhere near endgame yet. And the always the chance of new content. The cap increase from 30 to 35 bodes well. If they did it once, they'll likely do it again.
Mabu Blue Sparx Gems: 678
#16 Posted: 00:10:45 23/07/2013
After I hit the level cap I set a goal of enough Mabu to power one of every type of building, because that isn't how I played when I was going for XP. I've almost got all level 12 Skylanders, so I'm mostly biding my time rearranging islands to how I'd want* them to look if I didn't have 4 blacksmith shops and three fuzzy juice factories. I think last time I was at level 30 for about 3 weeks before they raised the cap. I can't imagine paying for Cali or Flynn, the game is already so easy to max out, I would have been done weeks ago if I had them or time travelled.

*then my four year old who I share the game with decides to "help" by building random houses and a row of pumpkins and palm trees.
---
easterro in Lost Islands
sungren150 Blue Sparx Gems: 914
#17 Posted: 07:51:33 23/07/2013
Quote: SweetMaboo
I have over 10 million gold and spent 10 million last week on the Tuesday 1/2 price spins. I have 13 elemental shrine spitting out 11,000 or 12,000 every hour. With my Giant and alter ego houses going at least twice a day I only adventure to do challenges and level up Skylanders. I don't really even need to plant crops anymore because of the giant houses. I have over 1 million energy and have only planted because of various challenges. The game starts to get easier once you reach level 30 at that point you start making more gold, energy than you spend.

Interesting, but I don't understand how you manage to get that many coins.
Ok, I have 17 shrines, all giant and alter ego houses and 3 legend houses, but I don't have too much gold.
I think I will give up on adventures and sanctuaries, and see how much my gold increases with only shrines and houses.
When it comes to Mabu, I give up on cumulating gold for slab houses. I will do it when I have all skylanders and reach level cap. Also a re arrangement of the kingdom is a must given the new decoration XP bonus.
---
Add me if you play Skylandrers Lost Islands. My ID is sundgren150
Sorry for my English. It is not my mother tongue.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me