Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Chronicles of the Bowsers [CLOSED]
assassinelf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1180
#51 Posted: 02:59:09 14/03/2014
Good. So, I'm assuming Corvus escapes Chrysus.
---
Rickinelf: I ship it
Check out Survivor! Season 10! In forum games! Yay!
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#52 Posted: 18:51:14 14/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Ch. 4
Thorson

Corvus and I didn’t feel like leaving Aquos alone, but the Koopa said it was urgent. We followed him down the stairs and into the throne room. We couldn’t see anything over all the commotion. “How could this happen?” “You mean it was the same guy?” “Now what do we do?” The voices seemed to blend together in one mass of panicked chaos. “Everyone clam it!” Godwyn’s voice rose above the rest. “Hey losers!” I shout, “Trying to see here!” A couple people move. I step forward and see what all the commotion is about.

The throne is soaked in blood. Isa’s soul crystal, a deep silver color associated with wisdom, is sitting there. The only other thing there is a golden arrow lying on the seat, coated in dried blood. “I’ve already compared it to the arrow taken from Aquos, they are the same.” Godwyn states. “And based on the facts, I will now become leader.”
“What facts are those Godwyn?” I state challengingly. “I’m the smartest, I’m direct in line to the throne, and I know how to run the place.” He states smugly. Murmurs echo through everyone, but nobody seems to deny him.

“Ok, new leader,” I say mockingly, “what do you think we should do about this?” Godwyn seems to contemplate this for a second, when Morton pipes up. “It’s clear. We need to take the fight to them before they can get anymore of us.” Godwyn nods. “Morton, you’ll led a group comprised of Lucidus, Sanguis, Rabiem, Zephyrus, and... Thorson.” “You heard him! Lets move!” Morton barks out. “We’ll meet outside the gate at o-nine-hundred. Understood?” “What’s o-nine-hundred?” Rabiem asks. “It means nine o-clock, now get moving!”

Seeing as how I don’t have much of a force, I arrived at the gate early. I decide to cool off, literally. I create a chair of ice and sit down waiting for the others to arrive. “Hey there frosty.” I nearly jump out of my shell. I look around but there’s no one here. “Hey, up here.” I look up and see Zephyrus floating above me. She drops down beside me. “You really need to stop scaring me like that sis. It’s getting old.” I say to her.”Aw, lighten up, just because we’re going to face a powerful enemy nobody could stand up to, doesn’t mean you have to be so serious.” She laughs, but is interrupted by the sound of an earthquake. A fissure opens up, and Morton jumps out wearing his armor made of solid rock. “Who are we missing?” Morton asks. A flash of light and Lucidus is standing in front of us. “Just Rabiem and Sanguis, as usual.” Morton says. The ground yet again starts shaking. Everyone turns and looks at Morton. “What? It’s not me this time!” Turns out thats true because around the corner comes Sanguis riding a massive Dino-Rhino. “I just needed to feed all six of them.” Sanguis states. “Uh, Sanguis? There’s only five here...” I say to him. “Thirty-five, thirty-six, thirty-seven, thirty-eight...” Rabiem chants as he walks over lifting a five-ton dino-rhino over his head repeatedly. “Rabiem! Put Bessie down! You’re making her scared!” “Ugh, fine.” Rabiem drops the dino, and it scurries over to the rest of the pack. “Alright, lets get moving! We’ll be at Toad town by noon. Lets move out!” Morton orders, and we comply.

With Zephyrus doing aerial scouting, we see the enemy much sooner then they see us. “His forces are moving. I don’t think he’s seen us. He’s headed towards the castle.” Zephyrus states. “We’ll cut him off and stop the attack before it happens.” Morton says. “Get ready, this will be intense.” We all summon our weapons. Morton’s a hammer made of stone, Rabiem’s a huge battle-axe, Lucidus’ a sword and shield, Zephyrus’ two circular blades with handles on the inside, Sanguis’ a bow, and my lance.

Before Morton can issue an order, Sanguis shouts “CHARGE!!!!” The ground shakes as all of his pet Dino-rhinos trample over the battlefield. Sanguis aims his bow directly for the golden warrior and lets lose an arrow. Chrysus rolls ahead, and springs upward, landing right in front of Sanguis. Before Sanguis has a chance to react, he kicks him straight upwards, forms a spear from golden energy, and hurls it. It goes straight through Sanguis’ torso, and, as it’s coming down, he jumps and catches it, landing in front of us. With their controller dead, the dino-rhinos go berserk and throughly destroy almost all of the Toad army.

“We take him together. Now!” Morton yells as he throws himself at Chrysus. Morton goes for a downward blow. Chrysus transforms his spear into a hammer as well, and perfectly counters Morton’s blow. Rabiem goes to slash at Chrysus, but it is easily avoided, and responded to by a swift kick to the head. As Chrysus moves to finish off Rabiem, Lucidus blasts him with an intense burst of light. The blast moves Chrysus into a position to grab a hold of Rabiem’s tail, swing him around and throw him into the other two. Zephyrus drops down beside me. “Shall we?” She asks me. “I thought you’d never ask.” Using our combined powers we summon a massive blizzard that circles Chrysus and funnels into a tornado. The storm rages for a bit, then eventually fades. What’s left is Chrysus frozen solid. “There, problem solved.” I say. Rabiem stands up. “Ugh, you’ll pay for that!” He screams. He grabs his axe off the ground and runs towards the still-frozen Chrysus. “Rabiem no!” Everyone yells. But it’s too late, Rabiem jumps and smashes his axe straight down onto Chrysus.

The ice cracks, and a golden light flows in all directions, temporarily blinding us. When the light fades, we see Chrysus has impaled Rabiem with a large sword. He slowly fades, leaving a dark red crystal behind. Chrysus turns toward us. “You are fools if you think you can defeat me.” I step forwards and summon my lance. He faces me directly, and creates a wave that sends the others back. I swipe at him, and he attempts to swipe at my legs. I jump and land on the flat edge of the sword, then strike him in the side of the head with my lance. I jump back onto the ground and block his next attack. I attempt to stab him, but he sidesteps and does the same. He knocks me off balance and I fall, avoiding a horizontal slice. Using my lance, I vault up and double kick him in the chest. He stumbles backwards and swings his sword at me again. As he is too far away to hit me, I don’t attempt to block it, but it suddenly gets longer and thinner, and it makes direct contact with me. I fall, and as he swings again, I prepare to die.

But I don’t. The ground rumbles, and a column of stone blocks the attack. I try to get up, but I get showered with bits of rock. As Chrysus takes the next shot, Lucidus steps in and blocks it with his shield. Lucidus’ flurry of attacks slowly backs Chrysus away from me. Chrysus then flips overtop of Lucidus and strikes him in the back. Lucidus slides along the ground then falls. Chrysus slams the ground, and a wave of energy flows towards Lucidus. It erupts from the ground and when it clears the only thing left is his soul crystal.

“You have no hope in beating me. Surender and I will make your death quick and painless.” Morton looks down. “You’re right, I can’t defeat you. But I can make sure you get defeated. Thorson! Go! Warn the others!” “I’m not leaving you guys, we’ll take him together.” “Zephyrus, Get him out of here.” Morton says sadly. Zephyrus nods, and I get thrown across the landscape, being pushed by the wind. Part of the sky lights up golden for a second then fades.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#53 Posted: 19:51:58 14/03/2014
Ice and water survive so far. How perfect.
---
#54 Posted: 01:25:47 19/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Ch. 5
Corvus

Everyone was waiting silently to see whether the attack was a success or not. Minutes felt like hours, hours felt like days. Finally the door slowly opened, and out walked Thorson. Everyone cheered, this was the end, it was finally over. Nobody came in with Thorson, the cheers faded.

“So, you did it. My plan worked.” Godwyn gets off his throne and walks to Thorson. “I, I didn’t.” he says barely making any sound at all. “WHAT!? You left the others to die just so you yourself could live?! You’re a coward! Get out of my sight!” Godwyn’s words echo through the halls. I stand up. “Hey! I don’t see you out there fighting, Godwyn!” I say to him. Godwyn looks in shock, but the murmurs around me say that I’ve spoken the truth. “Fine! We launch everything we have at him tomorrow. Except you Thorson. I don’t need a deserter in battle.” The head Magikoopa flies in. “If I may sir, that might not be the wisest idea...” he tries to explain to Godwyn, but before he can finish Godwyn interjects. “Don’t be a fool, you’re coming with us. We’ll need your magic abilities.”

As Godwyn is barking orders to everyone, a shadow drops from the ceiling and lands beside Godwyn, just as twenty Bowser’s walk in from the left wing. Twenty of the same Bowser that is. They all fade and reveal just one. The two are Seda and Olcadan respectively. “Before you go and endanger everyone’s lives, let the two of us deal with him. We have rather...” “...effective methods. Where you run in with brute force, we can infiltrate his lair and catch him by surprise thus...” “... easily defeating him.” The twins finish each others sentences, which is a bit odd. “What, oh, fine, knock yourselves out. You have until tomorrow morning, then WE attack.” Godwyn responds. Seda vanishes, and Olcadan makes ten copies of himself, each which take a different exit.

I decide to head upstairs and check on Aquos. Thorson had already left, due to his injuries and the fact that Godwyn had insulted him so badly. When I got to the room, I saw that Aquos had made a fairly good recovery over the past couple of days. “Hey sis, I’m not sure if you’re awake, but I’m just gonna tell you something. The twins are attacking as we speak. Hopefully they will succeed, but if they don’t, Godwyn will declare war on Chrysus, sending every available force at him, and probably killing all of us in the process. Aquos stirs. “Wait, what do you mean about Godwyn taking control? Where’s Isa?” “Well, the night after you returned, Chrysus entered and killed Isa. With her gone, Godwyn ‘rightfully’ took his place on the throne.” I explain. Aquos sits up, “Isa spent a lot of time in the library before she was killed. Do you think that has something to do with it?” That is true... “Do you want me to check it out?” I ask her. “I should be ok to walk,” She says, “We’ll both go.”.

As we walk through the halls, we see Thorson. “What are you two up to?” He asks us. “We’re going to check the library. To see if Isa uncovered any clues on how to defeat Chrysus.” Thorson stands up. “Count me in. I have a score to settle with that guy, and I need all the help I can get.” Together we walk to the library, passing Talim on the way there. “Oh, Corvus, Godwyn was looking for you. He needs you in the battle.” Talim states, being unhappy with herself. “Yeah? Well tell Godwyn he can shove his stupid plan-” “Whoa, ok, I get it. Nice talking to you.” Talim leaves after that parting remark.

We enter the Library, which seems to be relatively untouched since the incident. The Elder Magikoopa swoops down. “Ah, just the people I was hoping to see.” He states, stroking his silver beard. “I’m sure you’ve already guessed this, but anyone who goes with Godwyn in the battle tomorrow will not be coming back. Sadly, this includes me, as I cannot disobey the direct order of our leader, even if he is foolish and is dooming us all.” “Uh, then why did you want to see us?” I ask him. “Well, I want to introduce you to my prodigy, and apprentice, Kamek.” he looks confused. “Kamek, Kamek, KAMEK!!!” A loud slam can be heard from behind a bookshelf. “Ouch, uh, sorry Master, oh, you three must be the ones who refuse to follow Godwyn. It’s a pleasure, name’s Kamek.” Kamek fixes his oversized glasses. “Yes it was my apprentice who found that Isa was not killed by Chrysus, but by Godwyn.” The head Magikoopa states. “We would have done something about it, but we are bound by law. We have to follow the King’s orders at all times.” Now I’m confused. “How did you figure out that it was Godwyn not Chrysus?” I say. “It’s quite simple actually,” Kamek states. “First, the soul crystal was still there, when we know he likes to keep them as trophies. Second, the arrow was forged to look like Chrysus’ but there are fine differences. With him ruled out, it left me with the person who, A: has the knowledge to do this, and B: has the most to gain from doing this, Godwyn.”

“Isa was doing research here before she was killed, did she use a specific book?” Aquos asks them. “Yes, the oldest book here, written by your Grandfather Thane. It is a blueprint of this very castle, every fine detail.” The Master Magikoopa says. “I have no idea why she was looking through it though. You can have it if you want.” The three of us sit down at a table and start flipping through the book. “Hey, one of the pages seems to be dog-eared.” Thorson says to me. I flip to the page. “Huh, it’s a page about the back door of the castle. What? Is he gonna enter through the back door?” I say aloud. “Back door... Of course!” Kamek shouts and we almost jump out of our skins. “What do you mean Kamek?” Asks Aquos, “Hand me the book and I’ll show you.” I give Kamek the book. He pulls out his wand. “Watch this.” He states. His wand starts to glow, and he waves it over the back of the book. Slowly the back cover fades leaving a page in it’s place. “I think this is what Isa was trying to show us.” Kamek gives me the book back. The page explains in detail about a hidden room under the main stairs. In this room there is a machine that removes this castle from this world, and stops time in the castle. Any inside it will be sealed away along with it. “I think we just found our way to stop Chrysus.” I say triumphantly.
---
#55 Posted: 12:58:50 23/03/2014
Ooh plot twist
---
#56 Posted: 01:11:49 28/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Ch.6
Corvus

The library door opens. “Sir’s! Chrysus is attacking! Lord Godwyn has requested you your-wizened-ness.” “It appears my time is up. I’ll die happy knowing that you will succeed with your plan.” And with that, The head Magikoopa flies out. I can hear the fighting in the distance, Talim’s thunder strikes sound above all.

“I’ll need you two to hold him off while I activate the machine. It may imprison us, but it will guarantee peace for our future generations.” I try to say epicly. “Uh, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you guys are the youngest generation. If you die or get trapped in here, it will be the end of the family.” Kamek quickly points out. “We’re not the youngest anymore.” Both Thorson and I say this at the same time. “What are you saying? ” Aquos asks us. “The egg came a couple of days ago.” I say. “I started to feel funny then, bam! There it was.” “Same here,” states Throson. “Except mine came a little earlier, so I froze it in the glacier under my castle, to protect it from the war.” Aquos nods. “Ok, so yours is safe Thorson, I trust you’ve also saved yours, Corvus?” “Well, not exactly. It’s kinda still in the castle.” Thorson facepalms, Aquos sighs loudly. “And there is no way out of the castle where we can still escape from Chrysus.” Aquos says sadly. “I guess we’re doomed.” “Not quite,” I say “He’ll notice if we try and escape, but I don’t think he’d pay a magikoopa any mind. Kamek, you need to find him and escape. We’ll be fine here without you.” Kamek nods, and flies off.

We head back to the main foyer. After a couple seconds of searching, I find the secret button. The main flight of stairs fold in on themselves and move aside, leaving a winding flight of stairs going down. The sounds of the battle have stopped, with only one logic reason why. I can hear people talking, one seems frightened, but I can’t tell what is being said. “Corvus!” Thorson yells. “Go!” I smile, and run down the stairs.

- - - Thorson - - -

After Corvus headed down the passage, we waited for a couple seconds, weapons at the ready. Suddenly the door opens and Godwyn comes scrambling in. With a panicked face he attempts to hold the door shut. “Guys! Help me!” Godwyn practically screams. Both Aquos and I run and attempt to hold the door shut. “I know who he is. I know who Chrysus really is!” Godwyn yells, getting even more panicked. “What? Who is he then?” I ask. “Any information on him will help.” Aquos states. Godwyn makes a little sadistic laugh. Just before he can utter another word, a golden blade plunges through the door, and through Godwyn.

Godwyn falls, both of us roll away from the door, just as it gets blown of it’s hinges, straight into the back wall. In walks the only thing I’ve ever feared (other then intense amounts of heat). Chrysus walks with a calm stature, relaxed, as he knows it will be over soon. He kneels down, and picks up Godwyn’s soul crystal, a silver color, and laughs. “He tried to barter his way out of death, such a fool.” Chrysus stands and faces us. “Is this the last stand? I counted one more, where has he gone?”
Without saying a word, a summon my ice lance. Aquos summons her blades. Together we create a large tidal wave. It collides with Chrysus and freezes, blocking the entrance of the castle, and imprisoning him. The ice almost instantly shatters. Instead of the ice falling to the floor, the shards fly up and surround us in a makeshift dome, with the sharp points facing us. “You two may have escaped me before, but know I know your strengths, and your weaknesses.” He snaps his fingers and the shards start flying at us. I grab Aquos and sprint forwards, spinning my lance in a circle, blocking the frontal shots. Aquos takes a hit in the back, but other than that we emerge unscathed. The remaining shards fall and shatter on the floor.

We rush him together. He catches my lance in his hand, flips me overtop of him, and sends me sliding across the floor. He immediately starts attacking Aquos with my weapon. Both of them attacking and defending relentlessly. Aquos manages to slide under an attack, then release a series of powerful attacks on Chrysus’ unprotected back. She finishes just as he turns around, her final blow leaves both her blades lodged in his chest. Aquos leaps backwards, in awe that she harmed him. Chrysus drops my lance and staggers backwards, pulls both the blades out of himself and then attacks. Aquos has no time to react and has her legs sliced in half, and her head cut clean off. Her body and her weapons fade, leaving a deep blue soul crystal on the ground.

He turns to me. “You can never escape me. You will die with here with her.” I run at him and aim a punch for his head. He jumps and attempts to kick me in the head. I expect this, so I slide underneath him, roll, and grab my weapon off the ground. “I have no intent on escaping you.” He holds his hand out and a golden quarterstaff appears. I yell and strike at him with multiple blows, each of which he blocks effortlessly. His staff glows, and he blasts me with a wave of energy. I manage to block some of it, but I still get shot a far distance. I try and get up, but something is preventing me. He walks over to me. “You have power to be sure, but you do not know how to wield it.” His staff turns into a spear, and he impales me with it. The pain is intense, and I can barely hang on to consciousness. Out of all of this I manage to laugh. “What do you find amusing?” He says to me.

An automated voice rumbles throughout the castle. “Castle lockdown activated. five minutes until complete exile.” Chrysus actually seems surprised for once. “What? NO!!” He looks and sees the hidden stairwell. He sprints down it.
---
#57 Posted: 01:12:02 28/04/2014 | Topic Creator
- - - Corvus - - -

The machine was much more complex then it looked. It asked for a password, after a couple of guesses I realized that Thane must have built it, so I tried “IsaAusarRaidriar” It worked, the system sprang to life and displayed a bar that slowly filled up. A voice stated that there was five minutes until it would take effect. “Hopefully Thorson and Aquos can hold him off that long.” I say out loud.

“They didn’t.” I turn around and see Chrysus standing there. “Well, I’ve heard a lot about you.” I say to him. “You are the last one. After you, this is all over.” He states. I slam my hand on the ground and the entire room goes pitch black. I spawn my sword, and impale him in the back. I hear him grunt. I allow the light to return and see that he is not wounded. His kick hits me before I see it. Using it’s momentum, I manage to catch myself in a handstand, then throw myself forwards and return the favor. He falls on his back and shoots a blast of energy at me. I pull my shield and deflect the energy.

I glance over and see that the bar is around halfway full. He notices this too and fires a blast at the screen. I dive and catch the brunt of the blast in my chest. Upon hitting the ground he is already standing in front of me. “This obviously means a lot to you, what would happen if I destroyed it?” He laughs, then swings at the machine. I shoot some dark energy at his sword causing it to fly out of his hand, straight into the only light source in the room. The room is now dimly lit by the glow of the machine, casting large shadows throughout the room. Chrysus’ sword appears back in his hand. “It appears you will not let me destroy it without a fight. Very well...” He stabs down at me just as I slip through a shadow and pop out of his shadow. He reacts just in time to get hit in the side of the head with my shield. He stumbles backwards against a wall.

“How did you...” Chrysus is cut off as I appear out of the wall behind him and put him in a choke hold. “Shadow step. I can move between different patches of lightless areas like I’m teleporting.” He attempts to stab me, but hits the wall instead. I pop my hands out of his shadow and pull his legs, tripping him. Running out of the dark stairway at max speed I land a perfect stab to his heart. He instantly kicks me off and I hit a brightened part on the floor. He pulls my sword out of himself, and the stone beneath it. I pick up my shield and block his double-bladed attack. The combined powers of darkness and his golden energy proved to be too much for my shield and it shatters.

He attacks me again with both our weapons. I sidestep his, and kick mine out of his grip, catching it. I allow my power to flow freely through the blade, a dark aura increases the length of it by almost double. I immediately attack him repeatedly, the first one catches him off guard but the rest he manages to block or parry. We go back and forth with both of us attacking and defending. I risk a glance at the bar. I see it fill up just as the voice counts down from three to zero. On the zero mark a flash blinds us. Shortly the light clears and I feel a sharp pain in my chest. I look down and see a golden spearpoint sticking out. I fall and see someone at the stairs. I realize who it is and smile, it worked.

It Worked.

And that is the end of the prequel. Sorry for the massive delay, but I got sidetracked and writer's block. I hoped you enjoyed it, and it will be awhile until the sequel. I'll probably just repost it here and bump this topic. It's non-spyro, who cares?
---
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#58 Posted: 06:42:36 28/04/2014
It's still good!
#59 Posted: 23:20:00 01/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Sequel time! Awhile has been over, and I should be updating this almost daily again. This takes place around 20 years after the original and it mains with three new characters, all the children of Siris. Thorson the 2nd, Crystal, and Riven.

Chapter 1
Thorson

It seemed like a normal day, well for me at least. Today was the day of Riven’s first attack on Toad Town. She was my younger sister, who was prophesied to be “The Chosen One” in some great conflict to come. We sat there waiting in our base camp for Crystal to show up. She was my other younger sister, but was older then Riven. She probably got distracted by some rabbit or something, like usual.

While I was waiting, Riven seemed to be getting a little anxious. “What are you worried about?” I said, “It’s not like Mario can ever do anything to us.”

“Its not that,” She said, “I feel like something bad will happen.” On this cue, Crystal walked into the door of our tent.

“Took you long enough!” I said. “I was feeding the Yoshis.” She replied. “Don’t you remember what Dad told us about them?” and I quickly recited the story from long ago about how a Yoshi had broken into his castle, beat him up, and stole his current hostage from him, while he was merely 3 years old.

“Well, I thought they were hungry, so I fed them.” She said “With what?” I asked her. A short silence later revealed some infuriating news. “Our food supply”.

I was stunned, not only did she waste THREE DAYS worth of food, she fed it to THE ENEMY. “What! You can’t do that! What will we eat!” I yell.

“Hey, I probably just saved our butts, those guys won’t attack us if they aren’t hungry.” She responds quickly.

“You just led them to us! Now they’ll attack us! I ought to freeze you solid for this!” I yell at her. “Oh yeah! Then I’ll just summon some large animal to gobble you up!” She counters.

“THAT’S ENOUGH!” Riven screams as she blasts both of us through opposite sides of the tent. Feeling the dark energy leave me I remember why she’s the Chosen One. Mysteriously she was born with two elements instead of the usual one, she had both light and dark, and she was fully capable of controlling them both.

I hear her heavy breathing as I get up. I check to see if I’m still okay. Head? Check, arms? Check, legs? Check, body? Heart still racing, but check. I look over and see that Crystal has also gotten up, and seems to be fine. Riven walks out of the door of the tent, kicks it, and the entire tent collapses. Ah well, not too big of a problem. I never liked tents anyway.

The two of us head back over to Riven, who’s slumped down and is looking miserable. “I’m sorry guys, I just, I can’t bear to see you two fighting all the time.” She says. I look at Crystal and she nods. “Sorry...” I try to say convincingly. She looks up and I fake a smile. She smiles back, but looks unsure. Storm clouds start to roll out from the east.

Through the clouds, a lone paratroopa descends down to us. “Message from Kamek to Thorson II.” The paratroopa hands me a scroll, then takes off again. A message from Kamek? This is serious. I rip open the scroll and read it aloud.

Dear Thorson II.

You’ll have to call off the attack due to current situations. Undead are flowing from The Valley of Bowser and are invading everywhere. Your mountain kingdom has already been overtaken, and so has Crystal’s kingdom. We were able to retreat most of your forces to the island castle on world four. I need you to enter the valley and investigate further. When you finish reading this sentence I’ll teleport you to the valley’s entrance, there is a package waiting for you there.

Kamek

Sure enough, when I looked up we were in front of the gate to the Valley. Crystal quickly found the package and opened it. Inside were 9 healing potions, we decided to split them evenly between us.

Looking up at the massive gate, I wondered how to open it. Crystal seemed equally puzzled. Riven held up something in her hands, keys. “What?” She says, “Did you guys forget yours?” Then it hit me, Dad gave us each keys to the main gate and the castle. “I left mine at my castle...” I say, “Same here.” says Crystal. Riven laughs and opens the gate.
---
#60 Posted: 23:20:38 01/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Instantly a skeleton of a Koopa rushes over and tries to attack me while an undead Goomba dives at Crystal. I slash at the Koopa, Crystal notches an arrow and fires it, while Riven sends a blast of light at the Goomba, vaporizing it.

“I guess that was our welcoming party.” I say. “We should head towards the castle to see if Dad’s doing okay.” The other two nod.

We walk for a little bit, then Crystal turns around, she points off to the distance, then dives out of the way. On the horizon I can sort of make out a flaming mass of something heading towards us, fast. I realize it’s an airship that’s crashing down, it seems to be heading straight for a massive boulder, so I decide to try and move the boulder out of the way.

Too late I realize that I can’t move the boulder, as I turn, the airship collides into the rock, making a large explosion sending me flying back a couple of feet.
“Whoa,” I say, then I look up and realize that the boulder I was trying to move was insanely large. Crystal shoots me a dirty look, while Riven checks out the crash. Out of the ship tumbles what seems to be a robed skeleton, it gets to it’s feet and starts blasting at the ship with unfamiliar magic.

“Help! Somebody help!” A voice comes out of the ship somewhere. I run over and stab the skeleton with my sword, instantly drawing its attention to me instead of its unknown victim. Crystal runs over and pulls a Koopa from the other side of the wreckage, while Riven swings her staff, essentially just an oversized stick, at the skeleton, knocking its head straight off.

Oddly enough, it casually picks its head up and puts it back on. Then turns and fires a blast of energy at me, I easily duck and go for another attack, this time I jump in the air and stab downwards, barely missing it. I pull my sword out of the ground, just as I feel an arrow whiz past my head. I turn and see the skeletons head disintegrate. Crystal has a smug look on her face. The Koopa gets up. “Uh, thanks guys, I would’ve been a goner.” He says. “Well it was nothing” I say. “Yeah coming from the guy who didn’t do anything!” Says Crystal. “Anyway,” Says the Koopa, “I have something here, I don’t need it anymore.” He tosses something to me. “An Ice flower?” I ask. “Yeah, I figured the Bowser of ice could use it.” He tells me. “Oh, I should probably get out of here.” And he runs off toward the entrance.

We continue onwards, reaching another large rock, noticing the shadows on the ground, I realize that there must be some sort of light behind it. I walk out from behind the rock and see a group of undead. “Uh, Hi guys!” I say enthusiastically. They all turn around and attack us. Luckily we were able to defeat them without taking too much damage thanks to the help of Crystals tiger she spawned in. It would have been a little more intimidating if it wasn’t the size of a common cat though...

As we moved forwards, we saw a battle going on at a nearby fortress. Two Hammer Bros. and a Koopa defending against yet more undead. We rush in to attack them from behind, they didn’t really stand much of a chance against us, I threw one of them into another, Crystal got another incredibly precise shot in, and Riven blasted two of them to bits using her magic. The group was grateful for the help, and gifted us with some more healing potions. They left, and as we scoured the fort for anything of use, Crystal managed to find a bird, he supposedly says he can scout ahead and report what he finds, but he’s very small and weak, so I don’t see any real use in him.

Aside from the bird, the fortress didn’t have anything useful in it. We walked the main path some more until we came to the gate of the city. Riven checked her set of keys and sighed. “I don’t think I have keys for this gate.” Something felt off, and I knew the others felt it too.

A dark mist swirled around, and out of it rose a dark, ghostly figure. It had an oddly familiar feel to it, but I couldn’t put my finger on it. The figure spoke, “So, you’ve come to stop me have you? You thought it would be this easy?” Honestly I blurt out “Yeah, I kinda did.”

Riven’s eyes lit up for a second, then her head fell. “I, I know who you are... Dad.” What? There is no way that’s true. Why would he do this? “Siris! NOOO!” I scream. “GRAHAHA! Do you know the fate of the rulers of the Bowsers?” He says. “Um, no, I don’t actually.” I say to him. He laughs. “The fate of the Kings of Bowser is that they all turn evil, it is not too late to join me in my quest to destroy all life on this feeble planet.”

“Wait,” Crystal said, “It can’t really be you because-” Before she could finish, the dark figure of my dad punched her in the head, she got shot a decent ways back, but still got up. “This is madness! This is Sparta!” I yelled. Crystal got up, and shot Dark Siris in the chest. Her tiger then bit him on the leg. Riven yelled, “We have to snap him out of it!” She then fired a blast of light at his face. Siris went to punch me, but I jumped out of the way like a boss, and dropped an icicle on his head. Crystal then took aim, and nailed him directly in the knee, at the same time her tiger pounced on him, knocking him over. Riven then blasted him with dark energy. Siris got up and punched the Tiger into the ground.

Crystal tried not to cry, but I jumped into the air and screamed “BEEFCAKE!” and slammed my sword into him. He started flickering, then shrinking a bit. He became less ghostly and laughed. “So, now we shall begin the real battle!” Just as he was about to attack us, a shimmering light appeared, an apparition of the REAL Siris. He seemed to be holding off an attack from the dark version of him. “Thorson!” He yelled, “Catch!” In his hand his sword of flame, Ashrend, appeared. He threw it at me, but I wasn’t expecting it, and it hit me in the leg. “Go! I can’t hold him off forever!”

I turned and ran as the figure of my Dad went dark.
---
#61 Posted: 05:38:02 06/08/2014
Good chapter!
---
#62 Posted: 12:56:40 06/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Thanks! I'm running a little behind on the next one sadly, but I hope to get it done soon.
---
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me