Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Favourite Adventure Pack?

Empire of Ice Poll 11% (165)
Pirate Seas Poll 10% (157)
Darklight Crypt Poll 17% (259)
Dragon's Peak Poll 39% (578)
Don't have any of them Poll 11% (163)
Never played Skylanders Poll 12% (178)
Favourite Adventure Pack?
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#51 Posted: 22:50:28 25/12/2013
Well I think buying a pack of 3 skylanders is far better than buying an expansion.
The levels are way too short and you will only use the toy buffs maybe a quarter of the time..... if you remember to use them . It is a nice change i admit.

Odd how most people like Dragons Peak but Darklight seems to be the most popular expansion for sale . Good luck even trying to get a pre owned one.

I liked Empire of Ice the most . It seemed longer than the others . I noticed Zap has it easier on the ice , perhaps he should have been the expansion toy . Still i love Slambam and his anvil and shield boost but those are more useful on the main quest i imagine .
The DS version looks like i am playing in a fun house , its very odd . I am entertained but i dont feel i am in the ice empire anymore.

The card game in Pirate seas ruined it for me . They should have had the first card player only and he could have incorporated the other card games as higher levels everytime you won . That would have been much better. It was a unique idea but spread out like that it killed the mood .
The ship toy looks the best but is a tad too delicate . I love the boost toys of pirate seas. Next to boots of speed from dragons peak , the hidden chest is the most used when i play . I enjoyed the DS version much better than the PS3. I liked the ship bombarding the island fortress at the end.

Dragons Peak is my second favorite . Nice big boss fight at the end would have made it my favorite expansion . Vathek was great scary but wasted idea . Why did they bother ? May as well have left him out of the story altogether . Vathek has the potential to compete with Kaos as uber main boss on the next skylander game .
The DS Vathek fight was not that much better but at least they tried .

I dont know anything about Darklight crypt . I suspect it Ghost Roaster thats pushing up the price. It sounds cool and well one of the toy buffs is a magic healing potion.
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:53:15 25/12/2013 by Dark fhoenix
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me