Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
One hour sanctuarys [CLOSED]
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#1 Posted: 07:27:44 09/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Can't believe noone has mentioned the one hour sanctuary's yet. Although we Aussies missed out on the full 24 hour special, this time it didn't really matter. The only players that can take advantage of the entire 24 hour special are those with 1 million energy stashed away for a rainy day. Kudos to the development team for coming up with new ideas and Brock also seems like an innovative addition - haven't seen a Wizard Troll yet though. Hope it's a permanent addition and not a one day wonder like the trolls dressed up as sheep.
portalflip Blue Sparx Gems: 728
#2 Posted: 07:44:24 09/07/2013
Because not all of us are from Tomorrowland. smilie It just started half an hour ago for me but an Aussie reader let me know about it earlier in the day.

It's definitely a neat bonus and I appreciate that they're mixing things up and giving all kinds of different bonuses rather than just simple discounts on items. If you can't keep all the Sanctuaries actives throughout the day at least keep the Element of the Day one going (Water here).

As for the Wizard Trolls, I don't even know what to say about these yet. I saw 3 (out of 12) mobs spawn them and even then I managed to stop 1 out of 9. They take 2 taps, seemed to despawn quicker than normal trolls, and at least one time I accidentally hit the promo sheep and got stuck looking at the daily offer. What I don't understand is what purpose the Wizard Trolls serve? A lot was going on when I managed to stop one of them but he seemed to only give a 700 Gold bonus. Is there more to the Wizard Troll mobs or are we expected to wrangle 715 of these rare spawns just to break even on Brock?

Edit: I didn't get a chance to check how much Kingdom XP they give. Maybe that's where the draw is.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 07:49:56 09/07/2013 by portalflip
bjornolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#3 Posted: 10:37:45 09/07/2013
Quote: Woz
Can't believe noone has mentioned the one hour sanctuary's yet. Although we Aussies missed out on the full 24 hour special, this time it didn't really matter. The only players that can take advantage of the entire 24 hour special are those with 1 million energy stashed away for a rainy day.

Lucky for me I have 2.3 million. smilie
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#4 Posted: 10:42:15 09/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Think I'll play advocate for a change. The thing that's keeping me playing and the game's biggest strength (not forgetting I've pointed out plenty of weaknesses) is variety. New content drops a couple of times a week, daily offers and discounts. Just when I expect them to start repeating old familiar ground, they instead keep bringing out new stuff. The wizard troll concept (though I haven't seen one yet) is cool. No doubt there'll be a special black sheep flock or similar on the wooly side to also look forward to.
Yes, the non-US players getting short changed by the clock annoys me. And the way the wishing well rolls over and dies as soon as you get the alter ego leaving you with nothing but multiple Halls of Legends to invest in is somewhat lame. Surely the well could easily be used for the remainder of the month allowing players with stones to try for past alter egos they've missed - or try for shrines or egg baskets or anything else they don't have.
But the variety is brilliant. I'm incredibly impressed on that score.
Mabu Blue Sparx Gems: 678
#5 Posted: 11:02:57 09/07/2013
I got a gem and a wish stone from wizard trolls so far.
---
easterro in Lost Islands
Ryans18 Blue Sparx Gems: 502
#6 Posted: 12:49:11 09/07/2013
My son plays on an iPad 2. I've done a "hard reboot" (power + home button) after closing out the app, but I can't get the new content to download. There is 1 gb of free space. Is there any other way to force download the new content? Also, there are no pending App Store updates. The wifi is working as he can save to the cloud.
#7 Posted: 13:31:24 09/07/2013
I've found several times that I have to close and open (go to the list of open apps when you swipe up with four fingers and hold down on the icon and then hit the X to close it) a few times to get it to download. I've never found rebooting the whole ipad to make much difference.
kluless3 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1131
#8 Posted: 13:34:36 09/07/2013
You can still use the wishing well when the luck meter runs out. I like it for a quick bump in coins when I am close to buying something. I actually randomly won a tavern the other day when I was just playing around. I couldn't believe it, I can't win a building when I'm pouring in 170 stones in a row, but I randomly walk away with one after 3.
sklndrmommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1508
#9 Posted: 15:00:01 09/07/2013
The new content was there for me this am without up dating. I still can't find Hyde, but I've gotten wizard trolls 1/4 so far. I'm loving the 1 hour sanctuaries! I don't have millions of energy but I have plenty saved for 1 day of this :-) I guess this is a good deal for the game because it might entice people to buy energy with gems.?.
I would love a shot at past alter egos with wishing stones rather than gems. I need Cupid flameslinger but I'm not paying gems for him, too expensive and I'm doing well with what I've got.
---
Trying to keep an updated code trading list in my guestbook for Lost Islands.
Mommy to player JacksonTreeRex.
CrazyCanuck Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#10 Posted: 16:04:39 09/07/2013
Quote: bjornolf
Quote: Woz
Can't believe noone has mentioned the one hour sanctuary's yet. Although we Aussies missed out on the full 24 hour special, this time it didn't really matter. The only players that can take advantage of the entire 24 hour special are those with 1 million energy stashed away for a rainy day.

Lucky for me I have 2.3 million. smilie

I also have way more than enough energy to take full advantage of this but don't see any point in doing so. I'm going on eleven million energy. I could do this without thinking twice. But what would be the point? Ignoring the element of the day bonus and any number one fans that might be involved, running all eight sanctuaries twenty-four times would give me 3,456,000 gold. I have over 104,000,000 gold now. Those with the energy to spare for this don't need the gold.

Quote: sklndrmommy
I still can't find Hyde, but I've gotten wizard trolls 1/4 so far.

Hyde continues to elude me too. I got him once the day he arrived, shortly after buying him. The next day he turned up at 11:34 PM. I have not seen him since.

The wizard trolls I have done better. The first three or four troll camps after the quest popped up spawned them so I got all four for the first quest. The second quest to get another six of them (and fifteen regular trolls I think) is still at zero. Plenty of regular trolls but have not seen a single wizard troll since then.
#11 Posted: 16:56:12 09/07/2013
I have plenty of energy, but not much gold, as I'm still replacing my houses with stone slab and acorn houses. I just got to level 35 a couple days ago, and I've been playing for about three and a half months, so I haven't had a chance to upgrade those yet. I figure I want to have plenty for the next release with buildings requiring thousands of Mabu, and if they raise the level cap again. So, this is very helpful to me.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#12 Posted: 00:31:43 10/07/2013
Is the 1hr sanctuaries today only?
#13 Posted: 00:41:43 10/07/2013
Believe so.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me