Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Mobile > Skylanders: Lost Islands > Lost Islands Monday: Brock VS The Wizard Trolls
Page 1 of 1
Lost Islands Monday: Brock VS The Wizard Trolls [CLOSED]
portalflip Blue Sparx Gems: 728
#1 Posted: 19:31:06 08/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Vicarious Visions drops yet another Monday update onto the Lost Islands. While noticeably lighter than last week's double Skylander jackpot, it does add another named House and companion Brock gives you the ability to tap some Wizard Trolls in the face. Here's a couple screenshots.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:37:21 08/07/2013 by portalflip
dnzinha Green Sparx Gems: 446
#2 Posted: 19:39:08 08/07/2013
This update also allows you to have more Hall of Legends. Or at least I noticed I could buy more when I bought Zook's house. And they revamped the spin for skylanders area.
#3 Posted: 19:43:34 08/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: dnzinha
This update also allows you to have more Hall of Legends. Or at least I noticed I could buy more when I bought Zook's house. And they revamped the spin for skylanders area.

Good catch on the Hall of Legends. I didn't think twice about the fact that it wasn't greyed out. I built a second one so it looks like you can have at least 3 of them on your islands. I don't foresee a limit since this may be their way of removing Wishin' Stones from the economy in order to force more Alter Ego purchases using Gems.
Ryans18 Blue Sparx Gems: 502
#4 Posted: 20:25:11 08/07/2013
Quote: portalflip

I don't foresee a limit since this may be their way of removing Wishin' Stones from the economy in order to force more Alter Ego purchases using Gems.

I'm not so sure of that. By adding in the extra HoLs, you are allowing wish stones to be converted to Gems. All the other Gem earners (houses, Hyde, etc) require gems to purchase. With all the sales on shrines of late, wish stones are becoming easier to obtain. I suppose they could just reduce the incidence of gems from the HoLs.....but that would be sneaky.

Thankfully, I can now save for another HoL. That is much better than the constant disappointment from the lack of shrines at the Wishin' Well.
#5 Posted: 20:32:14 08/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Ryans18

I don't foresee a limit since this may be their way of removing Wishin' Stones from the economy in order to force more Alter Ego purchases using Gems.

I'm not so sure of that. By adding in the extra HoLs, you are allowing wish stones to be converted to Gems. All the other Gem earners (houses, Hyde, etc) require gems to purchase. With all the sales on shrines of late, wish stones are becoming easier to obtain. I suppose they could just reduce the incidence of gems from the HoLs.....but that would be sneaky.

Thankfully, I can now save for another HoL. That is much better than the constant disappointment from the lack of shrines at the Wishin' Well.

It takes less than 200 stones to win an Alter Ego and it would take a single HoL to produce enough Gems to outright purchase an Alter Ego. I have all the Giant and Alter Ego houses and now 2 HoLs. I don't really keep track of how often they payout Gems but it'd be fair to say that an individual House will payout 3-5 Gems each day. Even if you hit the higher end of that average it would still take almost a year to earn 1500 gems from a single house. If you have the chocie between the Alter Ego and another Hall just take the Alter Ego. smilie
bjornolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#6 Posted: 20:59:51 08/07/2013

Good catch on the Hall of Legends. I didn't think twice about the fact that it wasn't greyed out. I built a second one so it looks like you can have at least 3 of them on your islands. I don't foresee a limit since this may be their way of removing Wishin' Stones from the economy in order to force more Alter Ego purchases using Gems.

I built a second and a third as I had 500. Mine is not grayed out yet. Maybe you can have as many as there are legendary skylanders in the game? What's that, nine?
#7 Posted: 21:06:22 08/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: bjornolf

I built a second and a third as I had 500. Mine is not grayed out yet. Maybe you can have as many as there are legendary skylanders in the game? What's that, nine?

Ten, if you include L-Bouncer. It might take a while to know exactly how many can be built without cheating/time travel.
CrazyCanuck Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#8 Posted: 21:41:23 08/07/2013
Quote: bjornolf

Ten, if you include L-Bouncer. It might take a while to know exactly how many can be built without cheating/time travel.

Yes, you can have ten. And with ten it is still not greyed out. I finally had a use for all those excess wishstones. I wish there were more things I could buy with them.
geegina Green Sparx Gems: 398
#9 Posted: 23:36:41 08/07/2013
What does Companion Brock actually do - he is new to me. When you tap on the Wizard Trolls is there some sort of reward?
#10 Posted: 00:01:58 09/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: geegina
What does Companion Brock actually do - he is new to me. When you tap on the Wizard Trolls is there some sort of reward?

I'm honestly still trying to figure out exactly what he does. I save up all my mobs for Monday just in case there's a timed quest that pops up so I had dozen troll mobs to clear. Out of the 12 I had 3 groups of Wizard Trolls spawn instead of the normal trolls. Unfortunately because of placement and me accidentally hitting the promotions sheep, I only managed to stop 1 out of those 9 trolls. They take two taps to clear and give gold. Unfortunately that was all I was able to get before I ran out of mobs.
#11 Posted: 10:29:24 09/07/2013
I just got my first set of wizards. I caught two. One popped out gold, the other three gems.
beatrix71 Blue Sparx Gems: 942
#12 Posted: 23:29:02 12/07/2013
I've had about 13 or 14 troll camps since getting Brock and *none* of them have spawned wizard trolls. I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever get any!
Sickboy1138 Blue Sparx Gems: 817
#13 Posted: 20:23:47 13/07/2013
I havnt seen any wizards either
#14 Posted: 22:56:16 13/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sickboy1138
I havnt seen any wizards either

I started saving up my troll mobs again but even when I was clearing them out the wizards were few and far between. For me they continue to elude me even when I do spawn them due to building placement and the fact that they teleport each time you tap them.
Excelsior Yellow Sparx Gems: 1170
#15 Posted: 03:39:04 14/07/2013
I've sold some small wood houses so I have room to shuffle things around and give the wizards room to play each time. It's not entirely foolproof but gives me a fighting chance. You can move your buildings etc any time.

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious. I'm new here.
---
banksia123
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#16 Posted: 15:14:55 14/07/2013
It took me until the end of the week before I saw any wizard trolls. So far, I've only gotten gold from them. They haven't been too difficult to tap. I have lots of free space, so maybe that's why. They tended to teleport nearby. Not in another part of the islands. I'm not sure how they would teleport if I was in a tight space. Usually the trolls/sheep just wonder around in that tight space. But I never allow space between my buildings, if I can keep from it. The only small spaces I have are around the edges where there I can't place anything other than a decoration or tree. I don't see the point of spending the money on something to put there and I don't want to block tapping my buildings, so I just leave them. I think I do need to move my sanctuaries as I never have and they do allow for lots of space behind them. I haven't had much issue with finding things. I've wondered if I've had totems hidden before, and now that we have Hyde, I've wondered if he has been hidden there, as well.
Lash Blue Sparx Gems: 820
#17 Posted: 01:39:09 15/07/2013
I filled in my empty spaces with the free roads. I have 3 islands that I leave free for totems, sheep, trolls, etc. The other islands are all buildings with roads filling in the empty space.
---
Lashie on Lost Islands.
#18 Posted: 16:53:50 15/07/2013
Quote: Lash
I filled in my empty spaces with the free roads. I have 3 islands that I leave free for totems, sheep, trolls, etc. The other islands are all buildings with roads filling in the empty space.

Of course, Mabu, including Hyde, love the roads, so roads won't keep him from hiding behind buildings.
Lash Blue Sparx Gems: 820
#19 Posted: 17:43:32 15/07/2013
I don't know that it really means anything, but I have only found him on the empty islands. And I've found him everyday.
---
Lashie on Lost Islands.
JetVac96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1973
#20 Posted: 21:38:43 16/07/2013
Are you only supposed to get two wizard trolls? I have gotten 950 gold from two and a wish stone from two so far.
---
"Sucks to be you!" - Jet Vac
#21 Posted: 21:46:23 16/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: JetVac96
Are you only supposed to get two wizard trolls? I have gotten 950 gold from two and a wish stone from two so far.

It's two Wizard Trolls.
JetVac96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1973
#22 Posted: 03:44:24 17/07/2013
^Thanks!
---
"Sucks to be you!" - Jet Vac
beatrix71 Blue Sparx Gems: 942
#23 Posted: 12:23:49 17/07/2013
I just got my second lot of wizard trolls to complete the first Brock quest. So far they seem to come about one lot for every ten regular troll camps.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me