Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Mobile > Skylanders: Lost Islands > Placing items from inventory doesn't "count"?
Page 1 of 1
Placing items from inventory doesn't "count"? [CLOSED]
Moorea12 Green Sparx Gems: 464
#1 Posted: 05:50:49 06/07/2013 | Topic Creator
I haven't seen this addressed before here, but it is starting to bother me. I win a lot of items from the wishing well like trees and element markers, and they are placed automatically into my inventory.

They are also requirements for lots of goals, like, "place two water markers." But when I place them from my inventory, it isn't counted toward the goal, and I am forced to purchase a water marker even though I have like five of them sitting there in my inventory from the well.

Is there any way to fix this, or does this bother anyone else?
portalflip Blue Sparx Gems: 728
#2 Posted: 09:20:32 06/07/2013
In my experience the items in my inventory automatically count towards the goal without having to take them out. I don't know if this hs changed recently.
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#3 Posted: 10:49:10 06/07/2013
Yeah, I've found it to be a bit random. The game seems to recognise buildings far easier than decorations, but I may be imagining that. I've definitely had it do both - ignore existing items even when they've been placed on the map, and also automatically count existing items.
From early on after encountering this glitch, I started immediately selling anything I didn't desperately need rather than wait to see if the game would recognise its questworthiness later. So I don't think the glitch is related to the inventory or storage itself - which I never use.
geegina Green Sparx Gems: 398
#4 Posted: 12:19:41 06/07/2013
The items in my inventory have never counted toward my goals, which I agree is a bit of a pain. Even if I place them they still don't count toward a goal. So I have to buy whatever is required for the goal. At least I recoup some money by selling the items I have won. It would be good if the inventory items counted toward goals, but perhaps too easy as far as game play goes.
Moorea12 Green Sparx Gems: 464
#5 Posted: 15:59:22 06/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Mine have never automatically been counted, so I guess that's why this bothers me so much. I guess they can't make the Inventory distinguish between stuff you've never placed and stuff you have placed before... because then you might be given credit for things you previously placed, put in your inventory, and then placed again. Just frustrating though.
dnzinha Green Sparx Gems: 446
#6 Posted: 17:06:14 06/07/2013
With me, I've noticed that when the quest says 'place' I have to buy the item. When it says 'have' it counts from my inventory. The same thing with shrines. On lots of quests it asks me to 'place' shrines/markers/sculptures of a certain element, except that I already have at least one shrine of each element and it never counts. I always have to buy markers for these quests.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me