darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro the Dragon > What do you guys like the most about this game
Page 1 of 1
What do you guys like the most about this game [CLOSED]
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#1 Posted: 22:23:19 01/07/2013 | Topic Creator
i feel really bad that only the Skylanders section get all the attention, we need to keep thinking about the good old spyro games soo what do you guys like the most about this awesome spyro game? if you ask me one thing of it is the music smilie
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#2 Posted: 22:59:47 01/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyrobaro
The music and design of the levels!

I totaly agree! Spyro the Dragon is my favorite Spyro game smilie
---
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#3 Posted: 22:59:55 01/07/2013
The characters! Peace Keepers are baws.
---
BREATHE AIR.
#4 Posted: 23:03:50 01/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Yeh that too! am i the only one that also liked the game because the simple storyline?
---
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#5 Posted: 01:49:32 02/07/2013
Mmm..:

- The OST is quite awesome and beautiful
- The level design is Great
- The Boss battles are a bit easy but is fun
- The voice acting is excellent, specially Spyro
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
Starfire Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5302
#6 Posted: 04:40:08 02/07/2013
All in all it was an excellent game, I love every bit of it. I drove myself mad getting every gem and those flight zones were a mad house. Not to mention the insane speed boosts + jumping to get to curtain areas (a royal pain) that I kept going back to till I finally got them.
It was all awesome!
I actually still play it from time to time.
Yet the most remembered experience of the game was when I first made it the Peace Keepers' Realm and realized the enemy was mooning me. I laughed so hard I couldn't play anymore lol
---
My Dragon Art & Stuff
PSN: Starfire--Dragon
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#7 Posted: 06:51:29 02/07/2013
The music is awesome!!! I like the neat home worlds and the silly enemies. smilie

I like Alpine Ridge and Town Square. smilie
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#8 Posted: 07:16:26 02/07/2013
Controls
Gameplay
Characters
Dialouge
MUSIC
LEVEL DESIGN

Pretty much everything apart from Blowhard. smilie
#9 Posted: 11:33:01 02/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Those are nice reasons smilie
---
haruhi97 Gold Sparx Gems: 2924
#10 Posted: 15:50:17 02/07/2013
Yeah, music and level desings are amazing!
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#11 Posted: 18:35:30 02/07/2013
Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
Quote: TorchSheep
Controls
Gameplay
Characters
Dialouge
MUSIC
LEVEL DESIGN

Pretty much everything apart from Blowhard. smilie

Blowhard luvs you too hun <3

Ugh, easily the worst boss in the game. I loved Toasty, Dr. Shemp, Metalhead and even Gnasty Gnorc. Jacques was pretty underwhelming, but Blowhard was just a bad boss fight.
#12 Posted: 20:40:32 02/07/2013
^True...
---
Clackers89 Ripto Gems: 21
#13 Posted: 20:41:31 04/07/2013
Either the music, the simplicity, or the scenery.

It's elegantly simple, yet refined.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#14 Posted: 21:26:11 04/07/2013
In spite of the "early installment weirdness" the original has compared to Ripto's Rage and YotD, I do like several things about it:

-The soundtrack, well done Stewart Copeland! He even composed extra tracks which Insomniac programmed to play after a certain amount of time so people stuck on levels wouldn't get frustrated.
-The sense of adventure. You start in grassy plains, trek through a western/outback style desert, up into secretive, secluded mountaintops, down into a murky swamp that just makes you want to leave, into a trippy sky world with crazy levels, and finally into the militaristic Gnorc world. The aesthetics of the levels make this feel like the most cohesive of the Spyro games, in terms of flow.
-The simplicity of the collect-a-thon style. Challenges were hit-and-miss for me in the future games (I like most of them in Ripto's Rage, but I'm iffy with YotD). I just like going through the levels trying to nab every gem, dragon, and egg that you can.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#15 Posted: 03:37:10 05/07/2013
Something about this game makes it stand out from the other classics... Maybe the fact that its the first Spyro game? Maybe because its set in the Dragon Realms, unlike the other 2... Hmm...

(I really like all the classics, but something about this game makes it my favourite...)
---
Starfire Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5302
#16 Posted: 04:09:35 05/07/2013
Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
Quote: Hot Dog 542
Something about this game makes it stand out from the other classics... Maybe the fact that its the first Spyro game? Maybe because its set in the Dragon Realms, unlike the other 2... Hmm...

(I really like all the classics, but something about this game makes it my favourite...)

Agreed. Spyro 2 and 3 seem the same, but the first.. something is different..
It's still my favourite though, something's just so magical and wondrous about this one C:

This topic makes me feel like playing it @.@

lol Agreed! I think I'll go play it here shortly smilie smilie
---
My Dragon Art & Stuff
PSN: Starfire--Dragon
#17 Posted: 12:31:43 05/07/2013 | Topic Creator
I like spyro 1 2 and 3 but one is just the most magical one i liked to rescue the dragons and i liked the enemys
---
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#18 Posted: 02:42:48 06/07/2013
I like the enemies and the music. The level layouts were all very beautiful too
---
but i love it all smooth
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10163
#19 Posted: 03:45:28 06/07/2013
This game has the best atmosphere of anything ever! The level designs, colours and the music play so well together that the outcome is something way beyond this world. Truly a work of art and a masterpiece!
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7699
#20 Posted: 09:40:50 06/07/2013
The humour, and the fact that it was made by Insomniac Games smilie
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#21 Posted: 16:14:36 06/07/2013
MUSIC and humor.
#22 Posted: 17:57:54 06/07/2013
Quote: Jaggedstar
The humour, and the fact that it was made by Insomniac Games smilie

Oh Yeah!! >.<
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#23 Posted: 08:16:08 07/07/2013
I'm going to pick out one thing that I really like, and find very amusing, it's the extra life containers. They're so cool, if you wait, you can see eyes peering out, and then when you flame it, you can grab the extra life statue that looks like Spyro! I prefer these to the ones in the sequels. But what I don't like about them is that if you're low on health, you don't get full health like in the sequels.
Also, it takes me back to when I first played the demo, and as I approached one, I wondered if it was an enemy or not, so I pannicked and quickly flamed it, to get an extra life. Then I remember sitting there just watching it for a few moments, trying to figure out what creature could be living inside. Surely it can't be the extra life statue? But yes, I always found those to be intriguing. I also used to think that at any moment the creature would just come out already, but then later realised it never does.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:17:17 07/07/2013 by SuperSpyroFan
#24 Posted: 08:30:47 07/07/2013
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
I'm going to pick out one thing that I really like, and find very amusing, it's the extra life containers. They're so cool, if you wait, you can see eyes peering out, and then when you flame it, you can grab the extra life statue that looks like Spyro! I prefer these to the ones in the sequels. But what I don't like about them is that if you're low on health, you don't get full health like in the sequels.
Also, it takes me back to when I first played the demo, and as I approached one, I wondered if it was an enemy or not, so I pannicked and quickly flamed it, to get an extra life. Then I remember sitting there just watching it for a few moments, trying to figure out what creature could be living inside. Surely it can't be the extra life statue? But yes, I always found those to be intriguing. I also used to think that at any moment the creature would just come out already, but then later realised it never does.

They look like clams to me :/
---
pupachu Red Sparx Gems: 65
#25 Posted: 17:51:20 10/07/2013
Definitely the music. c: That's always been my favorite part of the game.
#26 Posted: 20:15:18 10/07/2013

I don't know what they look like to me. Aren't clams smaller, and not so purple?
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#27 Posted: 22:56:36 10/07/2013

I don't know what they look like to me. Aren't clams smaller, and not so purple?

I thought they were chests, and the extra life was looking out to see if anyone was going to free it from the chest. XP
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#28 Posted: 21:29:30 13/07/2013
I actually quite like how all the levels can be pinpointed to locations in relation with each other. The levels in Spyro 2 and 3 always felt more isolated.
---
Eh.
#29 Posted: 07:15:07 14/07/2013
Quote: Burning Gnorc
I actually quite like how all the levels can be pinpointed to locations in relation with each other. The levels in Spyro 2 and 3 always felt more isolated.

Well, some of the levels in Spyro 2 sort of go together in a sense?
Like with Skelos Badlands, and Crystal Glacier, they feel like opposites to each other.
And Breeze Harbor and Zephyr are connected because of the battling between each other.
If you look closely into Spyro 2, you'll notice that certain themes are the same.
Another one is Colossus and Idol Springs, because of the character who you help appear to be the same species.

Not sure about Spyro 3, but they appear to be more isolated to me than the first two games.

I actually think that Spyro 2's levels are more connected in more ways than one from the first game.

If you watch CrystalFissure's videos on his let's play, he talks into great depth about it, his Spyro 2 let's play that is.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:15:37 14/07/2013 by SuperSpyroFan
Blackhawk Blue Sparx Gems: 650
#30 Posted: 00:00:57 03/08/2013
I love the level design. The plot was very interesting although the boss's where easy. Another is that the game was a spyro game and it's an original.
---
I love Star Wars! Especially RC-1207 "Sev" <3
"I have become a shadow of my former self. I am a monster. I am a ghost. I'm a warrior from Hell..." - Me
spyro177 Green Sparx Gems: 391
#31 Posted: 19:51:56 11/08/2013
everything it has good characters humor great level design good plot and is my second favorite Spyro game my first being year of the dragon
---
"the game is on"
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#32 Posted: 12:20:16 25/08/2013
it was my first spyro game so will always have spes place in my heart for it...
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#33 Posted: 12:34:49 25/08/2013
Music, gameplay, level designs and the nostalgia.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#34 Posted: 03:15:32 13/09/2013
The level design was awesome. It managed to be straightforward enough to go through linearly and not get you lost too often, but there were a lot of levels with designs that really looped around and such in genius ways(Tree Tops is a work of art). I feel like this aspect was missing in later Spyro games, which is why Spyro The Dragon feels so unique despite being as simple as they come.
Kariana Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#35 Posted: 01:43:05 15/09/2013
Everything. Just everything. Considering the fact that this beauty of this game gets to me so hard I cry every time I get to the first second of the game, this game is just....COMPLETELY perfect.
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#36 Posted: 05:53:21 21/09/2013
Reading through this, it seems so damn fun.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me