Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
"This code does not appear to be valid" [CLOSED]
Ryans18 Blue Sparx Gems: 502
#1 Posted: 14:26:38 29/06/2013 | Topic Creator
I've bought 4 physical skylanders (orange base). I used the web code to load them on to my son's Lost Islands game. I then attempted to load them on to my Lost Islands game, but I got the following error message:

"This code does not appear to be valid"

I'm 100% sure that the code is entered correctly. I would understand if you could only use the codes once (a la Cloud Patrol), but my understanding is that you can use them multiple times in Lost Islands. Furthermore, I would expect to get the message "This code has been used too many times". A full restart did not solve the issue.

Any ideas?
portalflip Blue Sparx Gems: 728
#2 Posted: 14:28:39 29/06/2013
Are you signed in to Activate? That (in theory) would prevent you from using a code multiple times as it ties that code to the Activate account.
Ryans18 Blue Sparx Gems: 502
#3 Posted: 14:34:24 29/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: portalflip
Are you signed in to Activate? That (in theory) would prevent you from using a code multiple times as it ties that code to the Activate account.

Bingo. That would be the issue. It worked in the past before we used the Activate cloud save, but doesn't work now. Dang.
bjornolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#4 Posted: 14:34:42 29/06/2013
Yea, we got that error code trying to use it more than once.
beatrix71 Blue Sparx Gems: 942
#5 Posted: 18:30:06 30/06/2013
This might not help much but if you have (or can borrow) a Bluetooth portal then I think you can add your skylanders to multiple accounts smilie
portalflip Blue Sparx Gems: 728
#6 Posted: 22:21:35 30/06/2013
Quote: beatrix71
This might not help much but if you have (or can borrow) a Bluetooth portal then I think you can add your skylanders to multiple accounts smilie

Since the figure isn't tied to the web code in any way you can use the bluetooth portal to unlock characters multiple times. The other day I looked at eBay for prices on bluetooth portals and you can get them for <$15 shipped.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me