Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Mobile > Skylanders: Lost Islands > How many skylanders can you buy for 400,000 gold?
Page 1 of 1
How many skylanders can you buy for 400,000 gold? [CLOSED]
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#1 Posted: 14:40:51 28/06/2013 | Topic Creator
I was a bit bemused by today's special half price gem offer, spruiked as "Increase your collection of Skylanders now when you get 400,000 Gold!"
With 19 out of 64 skylanders, I've only got 45 skylanders left to get. Anyone think I can use the 400,000 gold on my 3.5million skylander spin to get 10 per cent of a skylander? Maybe I could get one of the Skylanders ears, or maybe a whole hand...
portalflip Blue Sparx Gems: 728
#2 Posted: 17:00:44 28/06/2013
The price of the Spin to Win wheel scales based on how many Skylanders you have. For someone with only a couple Skylanders, 400,000 gold could buy a few.
#3 Posted: 07:16:54 29/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Ok, I understand now. It's an offer of the day that is only relevant to perhaps 10 per cent of all players. Hopefully there'll be an offer coming along that will be relevant to the players looking to unlock their remaining 55 or so Skylanders. I apologise if my post seems a bit tart. The offer just seems to be aimed at an amazingly narrow band of players.
portalflip Blue Sparx Gems: 728
#4 Posted: 07:30:28 29/06/2013
Quote: Woz
Ok, I understand now. It's an offer of the day that is only relevant to perhaps 10 per cent of all players. Hopefully there'll be an offer coming along that will be relevant to the players looking to unlock their remaining 55 or so Skylanders. I apologise if my post seems a bit tart. The offer just seems to be aimed at an amazingly narrow band of players.

I'm in the same boat as I'm a "Lost island 1%er" with pretty much everything unlocked and more gold than what I know what to do with. I just look forward to the updates. Gives me something to do when news is slow. smilie
#5 Posted: 15:35:13 29/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Actually no. We're not in the same boat. As you've pointed out, you're in a much, much smaller boat. You must feel like that In The Night Garden puppet alone in a little boat no bigger than your hand, out on the ocean, far away from land...
On the upside, your kingdom must look fairly nice by now? I've seen people colour code their buildings and decorations, or group their stuff according to element only, or according to function alone, or based solely on how often each item needs to be tapped, or any of a dozen different whims.
If you're a 1 per center, what do your near-finished islands look like?
bjornolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#6 Posted: 01:52:59 30/06/2013
Quote: portalflip
Quote: Woz

I'm in the same boat as I'm a "Lost island 1%er" with pretty much everything unlocked and more gold than what I know what to do with. I just look forward to the updates. Gives me something to do when news is slow. smilie

How does one qualify as a one percenter?
#7 Posted: 05:38:20 30/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Fair question. It was a subjective term. If you're out of quests, you've got all the skylanders, you've got more gold than you know what to do with, and all the offers and discounts in the world won't add anything to your game without new content, then I think 1 per center is an apt description, and good thinking from portalflip in coining the phrase.
With 55 skylanders still to get, I'm happily middle of the road. But it has made me think that if gold will eventually win out, then spending gems to get even discounted skylanders probably isn't as clever as spending gems on things you can't purchase or spin for with even ridiculous amounts of gold.
If I ever choose to replay the game from scratch (or get an unrecoverable load error 13), I'll definitely play it differently.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me