Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
The Last Of Us [CLOSED]
Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#1 Posted: 02:13:15 24/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Has anyone here played it?

I just got done watching a playthrough and reading stuff about it, so I have a bit to discuss.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#2 Posted: 03:59:06 24/06/2013
I want it smilie
---
words. letters. filler.
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#3 Posted: 05:15:05 24/06/2013
Just rented it on Redbox today. Will finish it by tomorrow. So far I like it but I have a little bit of a bother with the AI. During stealth, that is. That's the only thing that has bother me so far. Pretty awesome so far. Shame that I won't be able to try the multiplayer.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#4 Posted: 19:56:23 24/06/2013
I'll get it eventually, but right now, I'm not really looking for grim and/or deep games (story wise).
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#5 Posted: 20:29:46 24/06/2013
Mmm... I want it, but I'm not going to pay $70 Dollars for that game >.<
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#6 Posted: 04:57:15 25/06/2013
I've been wanting to buy it for a while, it's rated R18+ in Australia so I can't legally buy it myself.
#7 Posted: 18:45:56 25/06/2013
I finished it yesterday.

Well, I guess that problem I had was only during the beginning . I guess it was in other to make it so the player gets used to the stealth gameplay. I found the game amazing and I love it.

Regarding the ending, well I wasn't expecting it. I mean, the whole "Kill one to save the world" was pretty obvious since you learn she's immune. But the choice that Joel did. I thought Marlene(Sp?) was going to talk him out of it. But no, he thought of himself. Not sure if I can say he thought about Ellie. I mean, yeah, he wants her safe. But I wonder if is what she would've wanted. I read other people's opinion on the ending and one guy mention that they found that Ellie knew Joel was lying, but she just wanted to be lied to so she wouldn't feel guilt. I don't think that's true. I think she felt Joel would've done what he did, so she asked him. Because if he told her the truth, then she would go back or make him take her back. I mean, go all that way for nothing? I believe, she wouldn't have wanted that. But that's my opinion.

I love the ending though and I love that I could not believe this was the actual ending. It was so unexpected. My reaction was "Are they actually going to end it like this? What ever happened to happy ending?"
Not saying this was a sad ending, but it felt unsatisfying. The choice of Joel, I mean.

If I were in his spot, I don't know what I would have done. The game makes me realize, that I would have probably choose Ellie as well. If she's immune, then that means there could be more. I don't know how to word it.

The game was amazing and I loved everything about it. I wish I could play it again, but tis was only a rent.
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6814
#8 Posted: 21:17:53 25/06/2013
My copy has a horrible bug. Everything was fine for 60% of the game, then the ground disappeared at one point making it unplayable and freezing the console when trying to quit. The game has failed to load numerous times too.

It's working right now though. It's a really good game despite my problems.
#9 Posted: 00:49:31 26/06/2013
I also got some bugs. One of the biggest one was that Ellie's hair would flip all over the screen.

It even happened in the Giraffe part so that kinda brought humor to the deep moment.
Partajeesus Blue Sparx Gems: 833
#10 Posted: 21:11:46 27/06/2013
Quote: wspyro
I finished it yesterday.

Well, I guess that problem I had was only during the beginning . I guess it was in other to make it so the player gets used to the stealth gameplay. I found the game amazing and I love it.

Regarding the ending, well I wasn't expecting it. I mean, the whole "Kill one to save the world" was pretty obvious since you learn she's immune. But the choice that Joel did. I thought Marlene(Sp?) was going to talk him out of it. But no, he thought of himself. Not sure if I can say he thought about Ellie. I mean, yeah, he wants her safe. But I wonder if is what she would've wanted. I read other people's opinion on the ending and one guy mention that they found that Ellie knew Joel was lying, but she just wanted to be lied to so she wouldn't feel guilt. I don't think that's true. I think she felt Joel would've done what he did, so she asked him. Because if he told her the truth, then she would go back or make him take her back. I mean, go all that way for nothing? I believe, she wouldn't have wanted that. But that's my opinion.

I love the ending though and I love that I could not believe this was the actual ending. It was so unexpected. My reaction was "Are they actually going to end it like this? What ever happened to happy ending?"
Not saying this was a sad ending, but it felt unsatisfying. The choice of Joel, I mean.

If I were in his spot, I don't know what I would have done. The game makes me realize, that I would have probably choose Ellie as well. If she's immune, then that means there could be more. I don't know how to word it.

The game was amazing and I loved everything about it. I wish I could play it again, but tis was only a rent.

My thoughts about the ending

Just my two cents
- No one told Ellie that she would die so they could make the vaccine
- There was no guarantee that the vaccine would work or that it could be even made so she would die for nothing
- 60% of the world population was either dead or infected
- Even food and supplies are really hard to transport just inside the usa so how could a little group like the fireflies distribute the vaccine worldwide?
- I think that the story is about Joel and not about saving the world. At the end Joel loves Ellie like his own daughter and the game makes it all clear. At the start you run Sarah on your arms and when she dies Joel calls her "baby girl" and next time you hear that is after Ellie has killed David and when Joel hugs her he calls Ellie "baby girl" and at the end you run with Ellie on your arms.

I think the story is all about after all the hate and despair and being a total asshole Joel actually began to be a nice guy again and actually cared for someone. He was actually quite attached to Ellie before the ending and that's why he wanted to leave her to his brother because he didn't want to feel the loss of someone you loved once again. It all reminded him too much of sarah.

Well that's what I think anyway
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#11 Posted: 22:55:44 27/06/2013
this game makes me want a PS3 even more.
---
Cool cool.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#12 Posted: 00:47:56 28/06/2013
I love Markiplier's playthrough of it. It's so funny!

And the game looks amazing!
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:48:22 28/06/2013 by Matteomax
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#13 Posted: 20:45:11 28/06/2013
It's brilliant from what I've seen. But survival/horror is of no interest to me, so I kind of passed on this one. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#14 Posted: 20:56:28 28/06/2013
Quote: HIR
It's brilliant from what I've seen. But survival/horror is of no interest to me, so I kind of passed on this one. <.<;

It's not very scary.. Except for the Clickers.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#15 Posted: 23:14:41 28/06/2013
Quote: Matteomax

It's not very scary.. Except for the Clickers.

Yeah...and it's not really survival horror in the classic sense. Reminds me more of Walking Dead where you have to make difficult decisions to stay alive...and so far in the campaign---there's way more people than infected. I think I'm 20% done and I haven't really fired a shot--there's so much more interesting ways to deal with situations (in many cases I try to avoid everything and move on especially if I am outgunned).

The imagery and presentation is outstanding, even though the stealth aspects (for me) is wearing thin already.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:16:18 28/06/2013 by GhostRoaster
#16 Posted: 00:05:16 29/06/2013
I would love to hear more opinions on the game and about the ending.
^.^

Quote: Partajeesus
Quote: wspyro
I finished it yesterday.

My thoughts about the ending

Just my two cents
- No one told Ellie that she would die so they could make the vaccine
- There was no guarantee that the vaccine would work or that it could be even made so she would die for nothing
- 60% of the world population was either dead or infected
- Even food and supplies are really hard to transport just inside the usa so how could a little group like the fireflies distribute the vaccine worldwide?
- I think that the story is about Joel and not about saving the world. At the end Joel loves Ellie like his own daughter and the game makes it all clear. At the start you run Sarah on your arms and when she dies Joel calls her "baby girl" and next time you hear that is after Ellie has killed David and when Joel hugs her he calls Ellie "baby girl" and at the end you run with Ellie on your arms.

I think the story is all about after all the hate and despair and being a total asshole Joel actually began to be a nice guy again and actually cared for someone. He was actually quite attached to Ellie before the ending and that's why he wanted to leave her to his brother because he didn't want to feel the loss of someone you loved once again. It all reminded him too much of sarah.

Well that's what I think anyway

Interesting share.
I agree with what you say. I can see with what you mean.

I'm a wuss on horror crap and I can say that there's nothing scary I found. Most fungi enemies are still and your teammates will announce when one is near/in the room. Now if you play in survival mode which turns listening mode off, then some things may surprise you.

The clickers are terrifying because if they spot you, you have a 65% chance of surviving. Less chance if there's more than one. So yeah, nothing scary. Maybe disgusting if you have a weak stomach. But really, you should give it a try. Nothing jumped on me and I just jumped in without any idea of what was ahead.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#17 Posted: 00:11:07 29/06/2013
^The game's design has distinct areas (or encounters as they call it)...reminds me much of the Arkham Predator designs. You'll know if you're in an encounter, or en route to one. It's pretty straightforward and is not a "free roam/puzzle solving" game that imo would be in a survival horror game.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#18 Posted: 05:10:50 29/06/2013
Quote: arceustheprime
I've been wanting to buy it for a while, it's rated R18+ in Australia so I can't legally buy it myself.

Off-Topic: Saints Row 4 banned in Australia

http://www.nextgenupdate.com/n...ed-in-australia

On-Topic: i want to play the game so bad that i watch all the cutscene on youtube basicly spoiled myself lol now i know all the cutscene when i get the game.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:13:19 29/06/2013 by Hexblazer
Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#19 Posted: 22:14:17 04/07/2013 | Topic Creator
@People speaking about their opinions on the ending. Spoilers, obviously.
The thing about Ellie knowing is that the developers have outright confirmed that Ellie saw through Joel's lie, and was moreso asking if it was okay to move on. That is rather canon, unfortunately, in most part. It's also likely that, if they make a next gane, it won't be focused on Joel or Ellie. Interestingly, domains that imply The Last Of Us 2 and The Last Of Us 3 have been bought... I think.

Also, did any of you look in Ellie's backpack at the end? Something's in there.

There's plenty subtle easter eggs and such...the comic books (if you collect them all, you will realize that Daniella represents Joel, not Ellie) , some things on walls... anyone find any?
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3080
#20 Posted: 22:37:50 04/07/2013
Its not my knid of game smilie
#21 Posted: 23:14:44 04/07/2013
i had to play it in a hurry ;_;
I missed a lot of exploring :T
At least I know what to look for when I get it again
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me