Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Flight Rising Thread [CLOSED]
Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#1 Posted: 07:49:05 20/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Well, I've become addicted to just "recently" opened breeding sim, Flight Rising (if you join, it would be greatly appreciated if you put me as referrer). If you haven't heard of it, it's basically another creature (dragons to be specific) breeding game, but it's made in a way to be a bit different. If you are familiar with Wajas, it's far different in ways aplenty. You won't be spending 70$ dollars on a PHP-generated pet most the time, as generation ones or parentless dragons really don't as much value as on wajas, as colours are all preset by the artist.

There's several elements, Arcane, Plague, Fire, Earth, Nature, Ice, Water, Wind, Shadow and Light. Upon joining, you get to pick your "loyalty" to one of those elements and such will decide the element of your starting dragons. One of your starter dragons is a custom, you can put their primary and secondary colours as whatever you want. The other dragon will be the opposite gender and will be randomly generated. You can get other element dragons, although, and even find abandoned eggs in random loot (scavenging and battling in the coliseum, mostly).

There's plenty ways to make "treasure", the main currency on the site which lets you buy stuff, such as by playing games, gathering, selling, trading and so forth. You are not limited to playing games for a certain amount of time, allowing you to sink time in on days you have it and earn a lot. In the future, quests will be added. A battling mode exists as well, where you can battle monsters to level up or other players. You can get some really good stuff from grinding there.

Some tips:
  • Before joining, you may want to read the history of Flight Rising in the Encyclopedia, as well as dragon species information, so you can have some more insight when you decide an element.
  • Remember to play fairgrounds games everyday, you can gather a lot of treasure from there very quickly if you invest enough time.
  • When gathering, you may want to scavenge or dig only, as you can find chests and dragon eggs this way. You can earn enough food by battling a bit in the coliseum.
  • Early on, battling will be tough, especially if you go ahead and use your first two dragons. If you are at a stage at some point that proves too hard for you, play the former stage and you may still gather a decent amount of EXP to devout to your dragons. Also, remember that dragons cannot battle until they are named.
  • Generally, it's a good idea to sell your items and such at the Auction House.
  • Right now, the market is a bit inflated...as, unfortunately, people are crazed with Gen 1 dragons. Good news for you, although! You can purchase pretty looking Gen 2s at cheap prices at this time, and move further to your goals. You can also sell any Gen 1s, and Dragon Eggs, for a large amount (reminder: you cannot sell your starting dragons).
  • Remember to visit the trading post. Visit Pinkerton and receive one free item a day. Crim can have some good trades and will give you more treasure for items than what they normally sell for. You may not have enough to trade with Swipp starting out, but if you gather enough materials, it'll be worth it.
  • If you find a Familiar, selling it may be a great idea...however, if you attach one to your dragon, you'll be able to earn gifts from it everyday.
  • Remember to feed your dragons. If you keep their energy high for three days, you get bonuses - gems (currency normally gotten by paying actual monies), even!
  • You can edit your broadcast message on your clan profile, just click the text under Yourname's Clan!
  • Browse the forums for more helpful tips and such. Remember to visit your specific element's forum, there's probably some exclusive goodies in there!

Right now, the site's a bit laggy but a second server will be added soon, they've already purchased it, and this, theoretically, will clear much of this up.

Member List
A list of users on dS who also have accounts. I'll only add you if you want me to, so feel free to ask me and linking your profile would be greatly appreciated.

Oh. Long thread.
Edited 10 times - Last edited at 12:27:42 22/06/2013 by Wild
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#2 Posted: 08:23:17 20/06/2013
I remember this game. My friend recommended it to me because I was playing dragcave. D'aw crap, should I Aline with Ice or Shadow?
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:28:57 20/06/2013 by Trix Master 100
#3 Posted: 08:35:24 20/06/2013 | Topic Creator
I've been off and on with Dragon Cave for years...I'm hoping this site doesn't meet that same fate. It's considerably different so my terms with activity may be better.

Ice has fewer members than Shadow...I personally like the Shadowbinder, the Shadow Deity, more, although. Still, all's up to you.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:36:05 20/06/2013 by Wild
#4 Posted: 08:43:46 20/06/2013
I choose Shadow, I thought they might be good. My profile on there or the name is XD001Pika Hopefully this link will work.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#5 Posted: 20:03:37 20/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Added people to list! c:

And yes, it's free to join.
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#6 Posted: 20:05:14 20/06/2013
Making an account now. C:

Ummm... It concerns me how it asks for a first and last name...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:09:14 20/06/2013 by HotDogAndZap
#7 Posted: 20:16:55 20/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I was concerned too...seems everything wants your real name these days.

I think it just wants proof that you're a person...only the admins can see it, I think, at least.

(You can change your name later, as well.)
#8 Posted: 03:01:51 21/06/2013
Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
So, is it free join? Orr..

Yeah it's free
---
icon from Empoh
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#9 Posted: 03:22:02 21/06/2013
Joined but site is in maintenance.
Vincentkoopa Yellow Sparx Gems: 1997
#10 Posted: 03:23:07 21/06/2013
I have successfully registered, but I can't log in till the site is done with their maintenance...
---
Always tired~
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#11 Posted: 03:25:45 21/06/2013
I don't think I will make an account for now, it seems like a shady website. Maybe when I have more information...
#12 Posted: 03:25:46 21/06/2013
Yeah I guess they are updating. Probably adding a new game to it.
---
icon from Empoh
Vincentkoopa Yellow Sparx Gems: 1997
#13 Posted: 03:28:39 21/06/2013
Quote: Trix Master 100

They're trying to fix a so called critical bug, but the worst part is they won't tell us how long the site will be down. >.<
---
Always tired~
#14 Posted: 04:15:33 21/06/2013
Quote: Vincentkoopa
Quote: Trix Master 100

They're trying to fix a so called critical bug, but the worst part is they won't tell us how long the site will be down. >.<

Ah yeah that is terrible because, I have to incubate the eggs soon. (well more like hours but you get the idea)
---
icon from Empoh
#15 Posted: 06:00:26 21/06/2013 | Topic Creator
They will incubate the eggs for you and feed dragons I think. Maybe not incubate but I don't think they will have this interfere too much...

The critical bug is actually where people were getting a HUGE amount of treasure whenever they reloaded a page. About two people reported it and the admins took the site down. I was a bit confused too since I was kicked offline in the middle of something.

They did a rollback as well, of your treasure amounts so if you have an amount that is lesser or more than you already had, then that explains it.

Maybe they'll gives us some "thank you for enduring" gifts. Hm.

Meanwhile, yesterday I had caved in and got this little cutie:

[User Posted Image]

All I need is a Tundra for the "diversity" achievement now. [sic]
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:12:26 21/06/2013 by Wild
Crystal Dragon Diamond Sparx Gems: 8850
#16 Posted: 08:21:41 21/06/2013
Quote: Wild
All I need is a Tundra for the "diversity" achievement now. [sic]

You ain't gettin' mine. >:x
#17 Posted: 23:58:18 21/06/2013 | Topic Creator
[sneaks into CD's lair]

Okay, so a update at their tumblr...

Quote:
Hey everyone!

A new day, and new-found vigor! While we do not have an ETA on the site opening back up yet, we have good leads and are moving in a positive direction towards resolving the vulnerabilities. I feel bad posting an update that isn’t “we’re open” but you’ve expressed that any update at all is appreciated, so I wanted to give you that. Thank you again for the messages of support, they’re our lifeblood right now!

- Xhaztol

They don't plan on this being a full day, hopefully.

You guys should also totally check out their Tumblr more, as there's many questions answered there and such. c:

Oh! Another update:

Quote:
Just chiming in with another update as we head into the evening. Work is still progressing here in the dev dojo. While this goes on, we are also taking the opportunity to also speak with our server administrator/technician to see if there are any places we can make optimizations to the speed of the site. Grateful for your patience, and thank you for the continuing kind words. No one wants FR back up more than we do!
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:00:00 22/06/2013 by Wild
#18 Posted: 02:27:03 22/06/2013
Oh alright.
---
icon from Empoh
#19 Posted: 07:27:16 22/06/2013 | Topic Creator
And...FR is back!

Yaay, my eggs hatched.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:38:45 22/06/2013 by Wild
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#20 Posted: 07:42:38 22/06/2013
link

Does this work?
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#21 Posted: 12:02:32 22/06/2013
add meeeee
http://flightrising.com/main.p...erpage&id=13274
#22 Posted: 02:43:28 23/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Bump!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me