Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Xbox One problems have been fixed
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Xbox One problems have been fixed [CLOSED]
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#1 Posted: 01:09:47 20/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Microsoft has seen the errors of their ways: the Xbox One no longer has DRM, Restricted Used Games, and everything that was wrong with it is fixed.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/...quirements.aspx

Quote: Xbox.com
So, today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:

An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games– After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions.

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.

well, looks like I now have to decide between all the consoles.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:28:21 21/06/2013 by pankakesparx456
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#2 Posted: 01:13:03 20/06/2013
god dammit
i might get the xbone now
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:11:19 21/06/2013 by Matteomax
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#3 Posted: 01:14:18 20/06/2013
i posted this link a bit ago in a different topic. >.< All the better for me since i decided on the Xbox One even when everyone was whining smilie
---
Praise Helix!!!
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#4 Posted: 02:38:42 20/06/2013
Still not interested. But that's because I've never been a fan of the Xbox brand and line. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#5 Posted: 03:02:40 20/06/2013
It's teaser trailer looked good, right up until the point where it was pretty much confirmed to be focusing on multiplayer, especially online. I'm not sure if Insomniac is going for MMO, but that appears to be what they're showing off. I'm not into online gaming and the Xbox 360 was designed around games that have multiplayer through Xbox Live. I felt the Wii, through its first party titles, was far better with local multiplayer and the PS3, in my opinion, catered better to the single player side of things. Maybe Microsoft's trying to come up with more single player experiences like Ryse, but it's not enough to get me to consider purchasing it.
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#6 Posted: 07:46:54 20/06/2013
There, that's better.

I still will not prioritise getting this, especially since my brother would most likely get it after hearing this. But at least it's not oppressive anymore.

It doesn't really have many interesting exclusives to me though, and it might still have other problems, like not allowing indie developers to self-publish on Xbox One. So I'll be going with the PS4, even still. I just hope there is no catch to any of this.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#7 Posted: 09:22:47 20/06/2013
Quote: HIR
Still not interested. But that's because I've never been a fan of the Xbox brand and line. <.<;

_______
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#8 Posted: 16:22:35 20/06/2013

Me too <.<
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#9 Posted: 16:33:50 20/06/2013
The damage is still there, and it's not like they did this because of what the customers want. They are probably doing this because the PS4 did and I wouldn't be surprised if they went back to what they decided before after a while.
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#10 Posted: 16:40:30 20/06/2013
Faith in Microsoft Restored.

I will be buying an Xbox One 399$ On Boxing Day.

*Leaves da PS4 fan club*

Oh and I'm glad it ships with the Kinect, 100$ more for the New Kinect really isn't that much.And I already have the old one, and I'm glad I do smilie.
Assuming the Xbox One costs 399$ and the Kinect 100$, that is.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:48:59 20/06/2013 by CommanderGame
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8318
#11 Posted: 16:45:36 20/06/2013
A bit too late imo. Still never buying one.
#12 Posted: 17:56:08 20/06/2013
Quote: CommanderGame

*Leaves da PS4 fan club*

Oh and I'm glad it ships with the Kinect, 100$ more for the New Kinect really isn't that much.And I already have the old one, and I'm glad I do smilie.

^This^
---
Praise Helix!!!
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#13 Posted: 18:50:11 20/06/2013
Quote: CommanderGame

*Leaves da PS4 fan club*

Well, they did it. They reversed all of their policies on DRM for the Xbox One....I'm still not buying one and I will be happy to explain why.

You see, Microsoft lit the gaming community on fire with all of its intrusive DRM, terrible policies. They fully and proudly announced all of these horribly intrusive hoops for consumers to jump through. This was no slight overlook, no this was balls out screwing the consumer and they knew it.

So they announced all these wonderful things going all out and acting proud of it at their press conference. Well the internet erupted into a volcano of hatred for weeks on end constantly, everywhere and what did Microsoft do? They said "My way or the highway" they explained why the "Concept of ownership is morphing" by telling us how we should share our products we buy and own with Microsoft and do what they say with them, they spent weeks with interviews and conferences explaining why all this stuff is really ok and its for our own good and told us why we should just roll over and accept it. Lets face it, this has been going on for months before the E3 event unveiled all of their plans.

So after all of that they decided to reverse the policies they were slapping us with just a few days ago and expecting to not only put up with them, but pay for them as well.

Will I buy an Xbox One now that Microsoft has changed the policies that I so justifiably hated? No, I will not. Not even if they reduce the price and throw in a free game I will not buy an Xbox One.

"OHHHH BUT WHY????!!!!! They change what you hated you should like them now!" No, I should not like them now. They flip flopped over night, that does not suddenly make everything ok.

Despite changing their policies Microsoft is still the exact same company it was 2 days ago which we all hated and despised. Sure they changed policies but its still the same company. Do you honestly think the entire company suddenly had a epiphany and decided now it loves the consumers? Has our best interest at heart? And wants to become all of our best friends and show us how loved and adored we are as their customers? Wrong! Its the same company. They did not change their minds over night, and there is nothing to say they wont change it right back again at the drop of a hat.

Microsoft did not make these changes for the good of the consumer. They did not change anything to please its customers. They did not change anything to bring more value to us. They did not change anything in order to make us feel valuable. And they did not change anything to say they are sorry. They did however change things for the sake of profit and nothing else. They changed not because they wanted to, but because they were forced to.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:51:13 20/06/2013 by kappapopm
#14 Posted: 18:59:34 20/06/2013
anyone forgot this @ 11:13

major nelson gets mad....
[User Posted Image]

or this...

here is more...

Xbox One Requires Day One Patch to Eliminate DRM

The company now says that, in order to enable the big reversal of policy, all those who buy an Xbox One will have to apply a specially designed day one patch, which will be offered on launch.

It seems that without it, gamers will need to abide by the previously announced restrictions linked to game trading, lending and would have to connect to the Internet every 24 hours.

source:
http://news.softpedia.com/news...RM-362152.shtml

so they can just patch it again and you have all the draconian drm back, the drm is already in the box on the hardware... this is what we call an trojan horse.. and they still sticking with the kinect spy cam... so don't be fooled microsoft is not to be trusted.
Edited 7 times - Last edited at 19:12:17 20/06/2013 by kappapopm
#15 Posted: 19:18:16 20/06/2013
I was fine with the DRM <.< as for the "spycam" it's like 6ft away. I'm not THAT lazy that i cant just unplug it when it isnt needed >.<
---
Praise Helix!!!
Zithdaitoh Diamond Sparx Gems: 9399
#16 Posted: 19:22:28 20/06/2013
Quote: kappapopm
so they can just patch it again and you have all the draconian drm back, the drm is already in the box on the hardware... this is what we call an trojan horse.. and they still sticking with the kinect spy cam... so don't be fooled microsoft is not to be trusted.

Exactly why I still don't trust them on this. They may well be planning just to change it back at some point in the future. I wouldn't put it past them, especially since I've heard that they acted like their consumers were ignorant and stupid. That's pretty much insulting our intelligence, which is an unacceptable attitude to have.
---
OBSERVE MY WRATH: OOPS. *tree blasts off*
"You think you have authority over me? How foolish."
*looks at Platinum Sparx status* I feel old.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:23:23 20/06/2013 by Zithdaitoh
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#17 Posted: 19:41:22 20/06/2013

Same here. I'm still not getting one because I'm quite happy with my PC, 3DS, and Wii U for new generation games.

I don't trust it to be durable enough and like others said, they could just patch it again with those features, once they get a lot of consumers.

For now, I'm not recognizing the problems as officially fixed.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
#18 Posted: 20:17:26 20/06/2013
Quote: ace
I was fine with the DRM <.< as for the "spycam" it's like 6ft away. I'm not THAT lazy that i cant just unplug it when it isnt needed >.<

Kinect has to be connected to the console and switched on to use it.
---
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#19 Posted: 22:29:35 20/06/2013
Angry Joe is my hero!
Kevinvert Gold Sparx Gems: 2146
#20 Posted: 23:31:57 20/06/2013
Do you still have to get the kinect?
---
Team Hot Dog!
#21 Posted: 23:48:29 20/06/2013
Quote: Kevinvert
Do you still have to get the kinect?

yes, xbone will not function without the kinect...
#22 Posted: 00:59:20 21/06/2013
Quote: Zithdaitoh

Exactly why I still don't trust them on this. They may well be planning just to change it back at some point in the future. I wouldn't put it past them, especially since I've heard that they acted like their consumers were ignorant and stupid. That's pretty much insulting our intelligence, which is an unacceptable attitude to have.

Yes, precisely. Just because they've responded to the consumer base now doesn't mean they can't reverse course again or pull something equally despicable behind the scene. kappapopm has a serious point, and game industry journalists like Jim Sterling echo this: Microsoft was ready to go forward with their heavy DRM policies. Reversing the decision after a backlash of hate is NOT enough to erase the fact that they were planning to implement anti-consumer policies into their product.
---
#23 Posted: 05:51:02 21/06/2013
Quote: sonicbrawler182

But can be paused if it isnt needed. And like i said if the xbox isnt on then it dont need to be plugged in either. If i wanna play it, plugging it in isnt that much of a chore. My kinect is always plugged in now when i am playing and not playing. Sorry i just really dont buy into the whole conspiracy theory thing
---
Praise Helix!!!
#24 Posted: 07:33:46 21/06/2013

But can be paused if it isnt needed. And like i said if the xbox isnt on then it dont need to be plugged in either. If i wanna play it, plugging it in isnt that much of a chore. My kinect is always plugged in now when i am playing and not playing. Sorry i just really dont buy into the whole conspiracy theory thing

Well one thing I think should be noted about the Kinect is that while Microsoft claims that it doesn't invade privacy, they've never answered the question of why Kinect has to be connected to the console at all times. In fact, they've repeatedly dodged the question.

I'm not going to start conspiracy theories here, but I think people have a legitimate reason to be concerned and put off by Kinect. If Kinect can hear me say "Xbox on" to turn on the console even when it's off, that means that Kinect isn't really off. Some part of the device has to be on to detect your voice. Not only that, but "pausing" Kinect also means it is still functional - why don't I have the option to plug the thing out if I'm not using it? Remember, the dashboard can be navigated without Kinect, so it's not even needed for that.

It doesn't help that Microsoft did file a patent for Microsoft branded camera devices (e.g. Kinect) whereby your device has to be on to use some of their services. If the device detects another person watching a movie or playing a game with you, then your entertainment would be paused and you'd be forced to pay a fee if you want to continue using your entertainment service with your friend.

There's also that recent controversy regarding the U.S. Government, where it was leaked that they get personal information about everyone through the records of big corporations. Microsoft is a big, American corporation. It's not ridiculous to be concerned about Kinect potentially being used to relay information to the U.S. Government. It would explain why Kinect needs to always be plugged in.

Again, you may call this a conspiracy theory, but people have every reason to be concerned about these things. Microsoft won't give us a reason as to why Kinect needs to always be connected. They dodged the subject of the DRM concerns before their official unveil of the Xbox One. Similarly, they are dodging questions related to Kinect. That isn't how you get consumer trust.
---
#25 Posted: 08:09:03 21/06/2013
not sayin i trust em just sayin i'm not really worried about it. My Xbox isnt gonna always be on so it wont need to always be plugged in
---
Praise Helix!!!
#26 Posted: 14:00:49 21/06/2013
not sayin i trust em just sayin i'm not really worried about it. My Xbox isnt gonna always be on so it wont need to always be plugged in

so you are actually gonna unplug the whole console every time after you play... what about you try use netflix or other tv function.. your watching tv, kinect watch you.. this is not a gaming console its a trojan.. and what about 7-10 years from now when microsoft don't want to support the xbone, you will not be able to play the games you bought, because you need the drm patch and hd cant be changed and upoi cant get that...

you should support real game companies like nintendo or sony, they are real game companies... microsoft ain't and they showed their true face with the draconian drm they wanted to push in every consumers face... nintendo and sony wasn't into that from the start, they know gamers and what games they want...
#27 Posted: 17:33:01 21/06/2013

Well one thing I think should be noted about the Kinect is that while Microsoft claims that it doesn't invade privacy, they've never answered the question of why Kinect has to be connected to the console at all times. In fact, they've repeatedly dodged the question.

I'm not going to start conspiracy theories here, but I think people have a legitimate reason to be concerned and put off by Kinect. If Kinect can hear me say "Xbox on" to turn on the console even when it's off, that means that Kinect isn't really off. Some part of the device has to be on to detect your voice. Not only that, but "pausing" Kinect also means it is still functional - why don't I have the option to plug the thing out if I'm not using it? Remember, the dashboard can be navigated without Kinect, so it's not even needed for that.

It doesn't help that Microsoft did file a patent for Microsoft branded camera devices (e.g. Kinect) whereby your device has to be on to use some of their services. If the device detects another person watching a movie or playing a game with you, then your entertainment would be paused and you'd be forced to pay a fee if you want to continue using your entertainment service with your friend.

There's also that recent controversy regarding the U.S. Government, where it was leaked that they get personal information about everyone through the records of big corporations. Microsoft is a big, American corporation. It's not ridiculous to be concerned about Kinect potentially being used to relay information to the U.S. Government. It would explain why Kinect needs to always be plugged in.

Again, you may call this a conspiracy theory, but people have every reason to be concerned about these things. Microsoft won't give us a reason as to why Kinect needs to always be connected. They dodged the subject of the DRM concerns before their official unveil of the Xbox One. Similarly, they are dodging questions related to Kinect. That isn't how you get consumer trust.

Actually, Microsoft was discovered to be the first of the big tech companies to start feeding data to the National Security Agency as part of PRISM. So the conspiracy holds a lot more weight than you would think. <.<
---
#28 Posted: 18:38:26 21/06/2013
you guys should watch this.....

XBOX ONE AMAZON SALES HIGHER THAN PS4 OVER NIGHT, XBOX DRONES CATFISHED INTO FUTURE DRM CONSOLE!

a update....

XBOX ONE FAMILY SHARING EXPOSED AS TIMED DEMOS MICROSOFT WAS LIEING..
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:00:30 21/06/2013 by kappapopm
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#29 Posted: 19:27:36 21/06/2013
you guys should watch this.....

XBOX ONE AMAZON SALES HIGHER THAN PS4 OVER NIGHT, XBOX DRONES CATFISHED INTO FUTURE DRM CONSOLE!

a update....

XBOX ONE FAMILY SHARING EXPOSED AS TIMED DEMOS MICROSOFT WAS LIEING..

NOOO Xbox One sucks! DRM will return soon and troll you into buying it!
---
#30 Posted: 20:27:00 21/06/2013

so you are actually gonna unplug the whole console every time after you play... what about you try use netflix or other tv function.. your watching tv, kinect watch you.. this is not a gaming console its a trojan.. and what about 7-10 years from now when microsoft don't want to support the xbone, you will not be able to play the games you bought, because you need the drm patch and hd cant be changed and upoi cant get that...

you should support real game companies like nintendo or sony, they are real game companies... microsoft ain't and they showed their true face with the draconian drm they wanted to push in every consumers face... nintendo and sony wasn't into that from the start, they know gamers and what games they want...

Actually yes <.< like i said it's very simple. I simply grasp the power cord and pull when i am done using it. I wouldnt be getting it if i wasnt gonna use it for games. Y would i use it for television? It's cool that it can do that but i wont need it, and i dont use netflix anyways. Used to split it with my friend but stopped once i realized that in 6 months i had only watched 2 movies. As for "real game companies" you mentioned, i do support them. As i have mentioned in other threads i plan to get the wii u after smash bros is released. And i will start to support sony once they start releasing games i find interesting. Last of Us was a good start but it will take more than one game to make me buy a whole new console

And maybe the government wouldnt be spying on y'all if you werent sellin drugs and conspiring with terrorists in your living room smilie kidding
*waits the get shot for making a joke*
---
Praise Helix!!!
#31 Posted: 21:14:25 21/06/2013
@ace, its clearly you haven't even bothered read what people say in this thread at all.. i am sorry to inform you about this, but you have been brainwashed by microsoft. after all what have happen and said, there is no excuse to buy an xbone. microsoft have shown they are not here for gamers at all. nintendo and sony, they have proven from the start and again and again, they are all about the games and gamers. if you want to support a company that plan to kill gaming, you are welcome to do so. but don't come here crying when we other still can play our games 10 years from now and you cant... because YOU don't own your games.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:15:34 21/06/2013 by kappapopm
#32 Posted: 05:17:12 22/06/2013
As I have said before YOU dont own your games now -.- if they want to change something about a game they are at liberty to do so if u r connected to the internet at any point. The fact that the games i want will be on the Xone means that they r satisfying my gaming needs just fine seeing as thats my whole purpose for getting AnY next gen system. Halo has been my game growing up and i will stick with it, dead rising looks sick, along with their other exclusives. If u dont want to get it thats fine. I go by game, not by system. And u must have missed the times i said that i will eventually get ALL 3 of the next gen systems. The no excuse bit was cute but ehh, if it dont work then it's simple....i will play another system. Thanks for lookin out for me Kappa smilie
---
Praise Helix!!!
#33 Posted: 08:35:17 22/06/2013
they wouldn't risk re-adding drm, also you do realize how big of a patch it will be? it's not like they can make another patch to add drm again over night
also if microsoft were trying to kill gaming then you better tell that to that to pc gamers
#34 Posted: 16:18:54 22/06/2013
As I said...

Quote: Zithdaitoh
They may well be planning just to change it back at some point in the future. I wouldn't put it past them, especially since I've heard that they acted like their consumers were ignorant and stupid. That's pretty much insulting our intelligence, which is an unacceptable attitude to have.

After that kind of attitude, I wouldn't trust them NOT to do it. Microsoft has done nothing to make me trust them on anything.

After all, it seems likely that they were merely forced to change it after they saw their sales, and not because they wanted to. They do want to make a profit, after all.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 16:21:31 22/06/2013 by Zithdaitoh
#35 Posted: 23:32:25 22/06/2013
they wouldn't do that though, it would create too much backlash and ****
#36 Posted: 01:13:26 23/06/2013
Of course it would. But I don't trust them to be smart enough to know not to do it anyway. They were already dumb enough to plan it in the first place, thinking it would be a success anyway...
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:14:31 23/06/2013 by Zithdaitoh
#37 Posted: 07:24:02 23/06/2013
Quote: arceustheprime

Microsoft made the decision to patch this overnight. There is nothing stopping them
from reversing it overnight.

There's also the fact that this is a patch in the first place, and not simply a restructure that has the DRM removed as factory default. All the patch does is DISABLE the DRM features, it does not REMOVE them. They can easily re-enable everything. They could even do it bit by bit to take advantage of more uninformed consumers, or Xbox drones.

Also, PC gamers are not that keen on Windows 8 right now. So Microsoft are not exactly in their good books.
---
#38 Posted: 17:20:51 23/06/2013
Yes, that's pretty much what I'm saying. Microsoft made this decision overnight, what's stopping them from reversing it just as quickly?
---
terrafan Blue Sparx Gems: 699
#39 Posted: 17:21:29 23/06/2013
With all this you all are saying... Why can't you buy one, and if they start doing that stuff then you just don't install the DRM again? Or you sell your console. Do you remember the 360? They made that perfect and now this is perfect. I'm guessing PS4 users don't want to believe it. By the way, I'm not trying to be mean to Sony or PS4 Users. Microsoft and Sony are both money hungry.
---
Awaiting: Disney Infinity, Batman Arkham Origins, Pokemon Y
#40 Posted: 20:54:32 23/06/2013
I wouldn't be so quick to say that it's just PS4 users who don't want to believe it (I'd rather have the Wii U myself), and not Xbox 360 users as well. Because I'm pretty sure some of those people are feeling betrayed by Microsoft's original plans for the Xbox One (as well as the arrogant attitude they had). I know I wouldn't want to support a company that insulted the intelligence of its consumers.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:55:59 23/06/2013 by Zithdaitoh
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#41 Posted: 21:20:32 23/06/2013
I'll get it if there is something that I like on it that I can't get on my Wii U. I never had that much of problem with the DRM, but I'm glad that it's gone. P.S. I'm pretty sure that all the complaining just came from the haters. My theory is pretty much proven by the fact that a lot of people still aren't satisfied. If you hate Microsoft, just say so. Maybe even say why. There's no reason to be a jerk about it and no reason to take PR people seriously.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 21:27:37 23/06/2013 by Ryanator20x6
#42 Posted: 22:40:42 23/06/2013
...Do you expect me to just forget how they planned these things that would hinder gamers, and how they had insulted the intelligence of their consumers? Reversing their DRM does not erase what they did before, and does not give us a reason to truly trust them. They did this only for their sales.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:41:08 23/06/2013 by Zithdaitoh
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#43 Posted: 22:40:54 23/06/2013
Quote: terrafan
With all this you all are saying... Why can't you buy one, and if they start doing that stuff then you just don't install the DRM again? Or you sell your console. Do you remember the 360? They made that perfect and now this is perfect. I'm guessing PS4 users don't want to believe it. By the way, I'm not trying to be mean to Sony or PS4 Users. Microsoft and Sony are both money hungry.

If I'm reading this correctly, I'm...not sure it's really that simple.
#44 Posted: 23:15:05 23/06/2013

>xbox 360
>perfect

Let me remind you that this is the same console that released with a ton of hardware failutes, globally. Microsoft did that to get a head start in sales against the PS3 and Sony. I myself went through 3 Xbox 360's in the space of a month because of this.
---
#45 Posted: 23:17:49 23/06/2013

this. They are both businesses so their goal is of course to make money. I like what you are saying but even as a 360 user i have to say that it was not perfect. Neither systems were. When they were first released the 360 had issues overheating and causing the red ring. That was fixed when they switched some stuff up and with the release of the 360 elite. Ps3 as well has had its problems. Everyone knows about it getting hacked and being down for so long. Then of course there was the recent update that upgraded it to a brick. Not to mention that the ps3 here has broken down multiple times, more than my 360.

and i dont think microsoft has done anything to ruin the games <.< they look better than ever. They planned on regulating what you did with them after you got tired with them but otherwise....
---
Praise Helix!!!
#46 Posted: 14:25:40 26/06/2013

>xbox 360
>perfect

Let me remind you that this is the same console that released with a ton of hardware failutes, globally. Microsoft did that to get a head start in sales against the PS3 and Sony. I myself went through 3 Xbox 360's in the space of a month because of this.

at least xbox live didn't go down for ages with millions of users personal information stolen like credit cards and account information
really, both are far from perfect
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:26:08 26/06/2013 by arceustheprime
#47 Posted: 14:46:09 26/06/2013

>xbox 360
>perfect

at least xbox live didn't go down for ages with millions of users personal information stolen like credit cards and account information

Never said either were perfect, but launching faulty hardware is worse than having a network hacked, if we're talking about consumer interest. The hacking was a bad thing. But it wasn't Sony's fault, and they gave us free games as consolation (which I know you'd eat up because you have been rejoicing over Microsoft offering two free games a month, which is still less than what Sony offers monthly). Microsoft are the company that intentionally launches an unstable piece of hardware just to get a head start in sales.
---
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#48 Posted: 15:08:08 26/06/2013
Well, they did it. They reversed all of their policies on DRM for the Xbox One....I'm still not buying one and I will be happy to explain why.

You see, Microsoft lit the gaming community on fire with all of its intrusive DRM, terrible policies. They fully and proudly announced all of these horribly intrusive hoops for consumers to jump through. This was no slight overlook, no this was balls out screwing the consumer and they knew it.

So they announced all these wonderful things going all out and acting proud of it at their press conference. Well the internet erupted into a volcano of hatred for weeks on end constantly, everywhere and what did Microsoft do? They said "My way or the highway" they explained why the "Concept of ownership is morphing" by telling us how we should share our products we buy and own with Microsoft and do what they say with them, they spent weeks with interviews and conferences explaining why all this stuff is really ok and its for our own good and told us why we should just roll over and accept it. Lets face it, this has been going on for months before the E3 event unveiled all of their plans.

So after all of that they decided to reverse the policies they were slapping us with just a few days ago and expecting to not only put up with them, but pay for them as well.

Will I buy an Xbox One now that Microsoft has changed the policies that I so justifiably hated? No, I will not. Not even if they reduce the price and throw in a free game I will not buy an Xbox One.

"OHHHH BUT WHY????!!!!! They change what you hated you should like them now!" No, I should not like them now. They flip flopped over night, that does not suddenly make everything ok.

Despite changing their policies Microsoft is still the exact same company it was 2 days ago which we all hated and despised. Sure they changed policies but its still the same company. Do you honestly think the entire company suddenly had a epiphany and decided now it loves the consumers? Has our best interest at heart? And wants to become all of our best friends and show us how loved and adored we are as their customers? Wrong! Its the same company. They did not change their minds over night, and there is nothing to say they wont change it right back again at the drop of a hat.

Microsoft did not make these changes for the good of the consumer. They did not change anything to please its customers. They did not change anything to bring more value to us. They did not change anything in order to make us feel valuable. And they did not change anything to say they are sorry. They did however change things for the sake of profit and nothing else. They changed not because they wanted to, but because they were forced to.

thank you <3

yeah they would, they don't care
$$$

>xbox 360
>perfect

neither are perfect but at least not red ring of death
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me