Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
No Daily Special Tues 18 June [CLOSED]
geegina Green Sparx Gems: 398
#1 Posted: 01:00:13 18/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Is anyone else not getting a daily special today for Tuesday 18 June (in Australia)?

Apparently we were meant to have 'Super Tuesday', but I don't have anything special for today. I'm on WiFi, done a hard shutdown of the application and iPad, but still not getting any daily special notification.
Triplestringer Green Sparx Gems: 220
#2 Posted: 09:54:04 18/06/2013
I am in the UK and it is the same for me no offer of the day, where is super Tuesday I was looking forward to it, anybody please let us know if you get super Tuesday and what it is.

Thanks skylanderbunny smilie
---
Activate name: skylanderbunny
Dionysius Green Sparx Gems: 471
#3 Posted: 10:53:01 18/06/2013
Its Tuesday morning in Canada and no "super Tuesday" for me either.
---
I'd rather be eaten by a dragon - Famous last words
Smuk Red Sparx Gems: 10
#4 Posted: 11:17:15 18/06/2013
I am stitting here in Berlin, Germany. No super Tuesday here!

That is so annoying. Why did they announce it and then there is NOTHING?
beatrix71 Blue Sparx Gems: 942
#5 Posted: 12:10:30 18/06/2013
There is no daily special and the sheep icon (that shows offers) is not appearing... when I've noticed this before its been just before a big update, eg. MoltDog or the Beatrees update.

I guess the devs are on east coast time (Vicarious Visions is in NY) so it would still be start of office hours just as I am posting this... hopefully something is coming soon smilie
bjornolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#6 Posted: 12:20:52 18/06/2013
I hope Arbo is on sale soon.
Mamachi Green Sparx Gems: 139
#7 Posted: 13:54:41 18/06/2013
I am in Copenhagen, Denmark no Tuesday event here.
Maybe there is problems so we get it next week!
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#8 Posted: 14:26:47 18/06/2013
Well Tuesday has come and gone. It's now 12.30am Wednesday on the East Coast of Australia and there was no new content whatsoever. Got to agree that making such a big deal about Super Tuesday and then having nothing happen at all was somewhat of an Activision fail.
CrazyCanuck Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#9 Posted: 16:51:43 18/06/2013
Super Tuesday has begun.
portalflip Blue Sparx Gems: 728
#10 Posted: 16:52:38 18/06/2013
And it's good.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#11 Posted: 17:14:32 18/06/2013
So what is the sale? Just 50% gem cost to hurry up an action? Seems a bit ridiculous, especially as much as the cost is to begin with. They did make a few updates, though, with Polar Whirlwind and the Hall of Legends (though it seems the only way to get the latter is to save wish stones for a month and get it instead of trying for the monthly alter ego unless there's another way of getting wish stones that I don't know about).

Looks like something big is coming this weekend. I wonder what it is.
#12 Posted: 17:19:26 18/06/2013
Quote: obidawsn
They did make a few updates, though, with Polar Whirlwind and the Hall of Legends (though it seems the only way to get the latter is to save wish stones for a month and get it instead of trying for the monthly alter ego unless there's another way of getting wish stones that I don't know about).

Are wishstones really that rare for the rest of you? I had almost 3000 of them when this update hit. I've gotten over 100 in a day on an exceptional day. On a normal day I still get 20-50 of them. I'm hoping for more stuff to buy with wishstones. Otherwise they serve no purpose for me. Once I have the alter ego for the month (averaging about 160 per month for me) the luck meter goes away so there's no point spending them on the low level winnings. They just build up.
#13 Posted: 17:20:30 18/06/2013
Not every one has a blue box.

But even with playing normally I still earn 250+ Wishin' Stones in a month and have accrued a war chest.
#14 Posted: 17:21:51 18/06/2013
What's a blue box?
#15 Posted: 17:24:02 18/06/2013
For the last time. No time travel is involved. The wishstones are just incredibly common.
#16 Posted: 17:24:56 18/06/2013
Quote: bjornolf
What's a blue box?

Time And Relative Dimension In Space

...it's how The Doctor travels through time and space.
Moorea12 Green Sparx Gems: 464
#17 Posted: 17:30:16 18/06/2013
HOW do you get so many? Like where do they come from?

I get them from the elemental totems (although I don't have Cherry because I don't put real money into this game), from the three shrines I have on their element days, and occasionally from logging in every day, which I do.

Is there another way to get them, or do you just need to have spent actual money?
#18 Posted: 17:31:06 18/06/2013
And if you were to time travel, how would that help?
#19 Posted: 17:33:09 18/06/2013
Quote: Moorea12

I get them from the elemental totems (although I don't have Cherry because I don't put real money into this game), from the three shrines I have on their element days, and occasionally from logging in every day, which I do.

Is there another way to get them, or do you just need to have spent actual money?

I do have Cherry, but the only source are elemental totems (and the daily random drop sometimes gives them). The totems are just incredibly common. They often spawn for me 3 or 4 at a time. When the Eggs with Legs were around they were incredibly common as well.
#20 Posted: 17:33:29 18/06/2013

Daily bonus, respawning the totems, as well as the Element of the Day bonus from Shrines.
#21 Posted: 17:35:24 18/06/2013
Quote: portalflip

Daily bonus, respawning the totems, as well as the Element of the Day bonus from Shrines.

Right. I forgot about the shrines in my list of sources. I do have several of those. All won from quests or the wishing well.

Edit: For the record, I don't have today's shrine so all I've gotten today are from elemental totems. Since I bought the Hall of Legends when the update posted I have had seven of them. This is only slightly higher than average for me. If I'm doing something that makes them spawn more often I have no idea what it is. No time travel, no hacked iPad. All I've been doing is leveling up Polar and using gems to speed up the quest related adventures (the 50% speed up discount rocks).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:50:01 18/06/2013 by CrazyCanuck
Sircopycat Blue Sparx Gems: 962
#22 Posted: 21:23:20 18/06/2013
Quote: CrazyCanuck

I do have Cherry, but the only source are elemental totems (and the daily random drop sometimes gives them). The totems are just incredibly common. They often spawn for me 3 or 4 at a time. When the Eggs with Legs were around they were incredibly common as well.

I'm lucky to get 4 a day, although I do wonder if they have a set spawn time (on the hour or something) or its just random, any idea?
#23 Posted: 23:17:06 18/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Good morning all - 8:45am Wed 19 June 2013 here in wonderful Australia.
Never did get Super Tuesday or the daily bonus. Did get a lot of troll camps and sheep mobs though.
Back to normal today, it seems.
Hey CrazyCanuck - wishstones are rare for me - I wish for more wishstones! Can't see me getting the Hall of Legends at 200 wish stones - I have 99 and am trying to save them for the next Wishin Well grand prize.
Hey Sircopycat - re the spawning of totems, I've been trying to keep track of when they appear, and I think I get one an hour. I try to check every time my shrines are due (I have four - just bought undead shrine at 50% off). Sometimes I think the hour goes by and I don't get a totem, but that could be me missing it.
Hey portalflip - thanks for your website, I check it out regularly. FYI - Polar Whirlwind costs us 250 Gems to buy.
#24 Posted: 04:55:04 19/06/2013
Yeah, I don't get that many totems... Probably 4-5 a day at most? I'll try to check once an hour and see if that helps.
#25 Posted: 05:10:59 19/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Just to check - you know that totems have a time limit. They only stay available for a short time - maybe five minutes (?) or less (?). If you don't get them during that time limit they disappear. They are not like troll camps and sheep mobs.
gewappnet Blue Sparx Gems: 688
#26 Posted: 07:33:25 19/06/2013
Quote: CrazyCanuck
They often spawn for me 3 or 4 at a time. When the Eggs with Legs were around they were incredibly common as well.

Without Cherry (which is very expensive in real money) there are never more than two at the same time. On a normal day this happens twice, so you get four stones a day. So yes, 200 in a month is almost doable for "normal" people.
#27 Posted: 11:46:57 19/06/2013
I'm like others on here, and only see totems pop up about twice a day (with 1-2 totem each time), so I only get 4 or 5 a day. For the better part of the day, I'm usually checking, at least, once an hour, depending on the day. So I don't see how any of you get so many. I never kept up with how many I was getting until I started saving them last month about half way through. I had around 120 at the end of the month. So I figure I probably can get about 250 a month. As for the luck meter going away once you get the alter ego, I don't think that's true. I got Surfer Slam Bam about a week or so ago and still have the luck meter. I would assume that's to earn other prizes (gold, Giants houses, other buildings, etc.). I'd like to get some Giants houses, but I don't want to spend the money for them. I won Ninjini's house in the wishing well, but my wife already used her web code on her account, so I can't use it unless I can figure out a way to use her on mine (i.e. get a Bluetooth portal).
#28 Posted: 13:23:13 19/06/2013
Last month, my luck meter disappeared after I won the alter ego, but maybe they have changed that since. Mine is almost full and no Surfer Slam Bam yet... So I'm not sure if the meter is different now.
#29 Posted: 14:18:21 19/06/2013
While there is clearly a time factor in the elemental totem generation it clearly isn't the only factor. The following is my speculation based on my experiences.

I speculate that every action you take has a small chance of spawning a totem. Having Cherry doubles the chance. Likely there is a stored value for your last spawned totem and if more than a certain amount of time has passed it guarantees a totem (or totems).

I can safely assume that there will be three or four totems the first time I check it in the morning, every morning. The more actively I play the more often they seem to spawn. I have certainly had them spawn more then once an hour. Frequently a LOT more than once an hour.

Yesterday I played heavily. Leveling Polar Whirlwind up using the 45 second adventure was a lot of actions and there seemed to be a corresponding increase in totems. I know my total when I bought the Hall of Legends right after the update yesterday. Since that time I have acquired an additional 191 wish stones. That is since yesterday morning. Yes, a few of those were from my air shrine today. Yesterday's element was nature. (At least for me, have we ever determined if they were universal?) I don't have a nature shrine. So excluding a maximum of four that I might have gotten today from shrines those will have all been from totems. That's still 187 in 24 hours. Six hours of sleep, so I'm still averaging about ten totems per hour. They were not evenly distributed. But they usually popped up two at a time.

Again, this is all speculation in regards to the algorithm, but my experience suggests something to that effect. Either that or something is seriously weird about my specific game but I have no idea why that would be.

And for the record, no time travel was involved.
#30 Posted: 14:28:18 19/06/2013
Wow, that's so many more than I have ever seen. I'm at a job today that basically allows me to sit at a desk and continuously play Skylanders on my iPad (my only responsibility here is answering the phone... Yeah I don't know why they pay me either). I have seen two totems ALL morning. smilie and none for the last hour or two.
gewappnet Blue Sparx Gems: 688
#31 Posted: 14:48:42 19/06/2013
I have seen two totems ALL morning. smilie and none for the last hour or two.

That's as it is normally. You will NEVER see more than two totems at the same time (unless you have way too much money and bought Cherry) and the spawning is like you observed.
#32 Posted: 14:59:33 19/06/2013
They weren't at the same time.
Smuk Red Sparx Gems: 10
#33 Posted: 00:34:44 20/06/2013
I got the "super tuesday" here in Germany only at like 23:00 ... did not need any of the stuff offered desperately, but still ... disapointing move to first anonce the event like mad and then ... Nothing!

Cleatly something went wrong. It would have been nice, if the game producers would have informed us on what' s going on ,,,,
WhiteHotDog Green Sparx Gems: 237
#34 Posted: 00:35:12 21/06/2013
Well since the Hall of Legends was announced, I started saving stones. I have had a shrine for each element of the day so far and I am a teacher on summer vacation, so I have been constantly on my iPad. I actually set my alarm to wake up every hour on the hour last night to claim stones from my shrines.

No I'm not making that up.

All that being said, it's been approximately 48 hours since I first saw the Hall offer and I'm up to 75 stones. I also don't see a correlation between activity and totem spawning.
#35 Posted: 00:48:42 21/06/2013
Um, wow?
bilbobagins3 Gold Sparx Gems: 2869
#36 Posted: 01:04:20 21/06/2013
I too am a teacher and having three shrines of the same element is far better than just one of each. I have 3 fire, 3 undead, 3 tech, 3 earth. I am hoping to get more but I only buy them when they are 50% off. On the days I have a matching shrine I easily will gather 50 stones and that is only checking about 15 times, not 24. Plus you get an extra 40% gold instead of just 10%. The shrines are awesome and when they are on sale, and you got the gems, load up.
---
I collect way more than just Skylanders and other video games, check it out.

http://ryanwm1.filmaf.com/
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:05:16 21/06/2013 by bilbobagins3
sungren150 Blue Sparx Gems: 914
#37 Posted: 09:49:14 21/06/2013
My experience with totems:
- The first time I connect in the morning, there are always 4 totems waiting for me (I do have Cherry)
- I play quite often, but when I'm connected for a long time, I don't have any totem. I found out that I have more totems if I restart the game again and again.
- I bought 3 undead shrines and yesterday I beat my stone record with 57 stones
- But my regular harvest of stones is around 20 per day
- Right now I have about 100 stones, after earning Surfer Slam Bam (only 77 stones!) and buying the Hall of Legends.
---
Add me if you play Skylandrers Lost Islands. My ID is sundgren150
Sorry for my English. It is not my mother tongue.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:53:32 21/06/2013 by sungren150
#38 Posted: 16:01:47 21/06/2013
Quote: sungren150
- The first time I connect in the morning, there are always 4 totems waiting for me (I do have Cherry)
- I play quite often, but when I'm connected for a long time, I don't have any totem. I found out that I have more totems if I restart the game again and again.
- Right now I have about 100 stones, after earning Surfer Slam Bam (only 77 stones!) and buying the Hall of Legends.

When you mean restarting the game, are you shutting the game down completely (by deleting it from your previous opened apps) or just going back to the home screen and back? Just about every time I ever go back to the home screen for a bit of time, it goes back to the splash screen to reconnect. I never actually completely close out the game, though.

I'm also pretty sure that totems pop up while playing. I always have the habit of checking all my islands to make sure there aren't any totems before sending off my Skylanders. There have been several times that I've done that, sent off my Sklanders, and suddenly there would be a totem. Most of the time, it ends up taking an element that I don't have available because I just sent them all off (usually the element of the day).
#39 Posted: 18:41:00 21/06/2013
Quote: obidawsn
Quote: sungren150

When you mean restarting the game, are you shutting the game down completely (by deleting it from your previous opened apps) or just going back to the home screen and back? Just about every time I ever go back to the home screen for a bit of time, it goes back to the splash screen to reconnect. I never actually completely close out the game, though.

I'm also pretty sure that totems pop up while playing. I always have the habit of checking all my islands to make sure there aren't any totems before sending off my Skylanders. There have been several times that I've done that, sent off my Sklanders, and suddenly there would be a totem. Most of the time, it ends up taking an element that I don't have available because I just sent them all off (usually the element of the day).

The element of the day bonus is now less than the standard bonus for any Giant, Alter Ego, or #1 fan. It is also equal to the bonus for any special Skyalnders. If all you are sending out on adventures are the element of the day Skylanders, you are doing it all wrong. The only exception to this is if you have at least 2 shrines for the element of the day. However if you have 2 or 3 shrines for the element of the day, you would likely not be complaining too much about wishing stones, because even a casual player will get 10-15 stones with multiple shrines. If I am intent on building things up its really easy to 40+ stones on a day I have 3 shrines.
---

#40 Posted: 18:48:27 21/06/2013
Isn't the element of the day bonus 20%?
#41 Posted: 00:31:26 22/06/2013
The element of the day bonus is only 10%, so with 1 shrine you only get 20% on regular guys. If you have 2 shrines, then send them away, but make sure you always send either Dark Spyro or Legendary Spyro because with their #1 fans, they get 35% standard. If you have 3 shrines, then send the element of the day Skylanders. Only Tree Rex with #1 fan beats out a 3 shrine, regular Skylander. He gets 50% standard. Obviously if you have at least 1 shrine, then always send all the special/legendary/giant Skylanders of the element of the day as they will definitely be your biggest money makers. I really want to get Magic Shrines if they ever go on sale. There are so many bonus Skylanders, you would make out like a bandit on Magic days.

In case some of you stink at math. If you have all the sanctuaries and keep them running, then these should be the people running them...

Air - Swarm

Life - Tree Rex

Undead - Eye Brawl

Earth - Crusher

Fire - Molten Hot Dog with #1 Fan

Water - Thumpback or Surfer Slam Bam or Zap with #1 Fan

Magic - Dark Spyro or Legendary Spyro with #1 Fan

Tech - Bouncer or L. Bouncer or Lucky Boomer

If you are missing any of these guys then use a Giant or Alter Ego for best return.
I know a lot of people have the Giant houses and use their Giants for them, but I really have not seen a reason to buy them. If you have the Giant houses going then just use Legendaries for the first 4 elements I listed.
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:46:14 22/06/2013 by bilbobagins3
#42 Posted: 03:24:39 24/06/2013
When you're saying "shrine," do you mean sanctuary? I don't see how Skylanders are related to their element shrines.
#43 Posted: 11:45:19 24/06/2013
No, shrines are in the decoration menu and cost 300 gems, but frequently they will be half price. You can have up to 3 shrines per element and for each one, your element of the day bonus gets bumped 10%. So using regular Skylanders when the element of the day matches them grants you a 10% bonus, if you have 1 shrine it will grant 20%, 2 shrines it will grant 30% and 3 shrines it will grant 40%.

See my other post for why you should use other Skylanders even if they do not match the element of the day.
---

Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me