Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
June 22nd is Sklyanders Day at Gamestop [CLOSED]
Kesrael Gold Sparx Gems: 2507
#51 Posted: 15:19:26 17/06/2013
Quote: Rand O M
Quote: Kesrael
I just called three GameStops and not a single one knows anything about this. One did tell me they have a conference call this afternoon and if it isn't mentioned then, then it might not be happening... Strange it wouldn't included at least one of these stores...

They should being doing it... The gamestop TV in there stores are advertising it.

The GS nearest to me said their TV has been down, supposed to be fixed this week. The other two said their TVs are working but they haven't seen anything about it. Is their programming a DVD or something that maybe hasn't been changed yet for the week?

I'm going to make more calls later in the week and see if anything changes. I hope I can find at least one to go to.
---
I'm Kesrael_V on Lost Islands! Add me!!
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#52 Posted: 15:20:08 17/06/2013
hare in the Netherlands, we STILL have a mess outbreak of them!!!!!
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#53 Posted: 16:29:59 17/06/2013
Probably best to just call and ask your store later in the week. Gamestops are all over the place here, just pick one in a fairly remote area if you want to get one (but make sure they will have it). The ones in busy malls will probably sell out much faster.
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#54 Posted: 01:09:57 18/06/2013
Quote: NINJAsk11
hare in the Netherlands, we STILL have a mess outbreak of them!!!!!

Because the import market died and everyone is finally able to get them all over the world. That and statistically for gaming that part of the world might have less gamers and would be a less requirement to bring out the next waves like australia for example or the fact of difficulty outside of ebay of importing them
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#55 Posted: 01:28:27 18/06/2013
[User Posted Image]

i have a feeling this is all part of the plan to clear out giants stock to make way for SF
TheBakonBitz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1360
#56 Posted: 01:43:20 18/06/2013
I would think they would put the figures on sale too, not just the starter packs...
Fernandez2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1119
#57 Posted: 14:15:29 18/06/2013
Will try to go by and grab one for the kids....might even take them with me for some quality time with Dad and make a trip of it. Be nice to be among the 1st 25.

The slow pace Skylanders have been coming out at has made my kids lost a lot of interest in Skylanders. Seeing as how much money we have spent on the darn little critters, I hope they don't get completely over them quite yet....
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#58 Posted: 15:56:11 18/06/2013
I wish there was an ad for this, especially if the battle packs are really $9.99. We still need Zap and Chop Chop, so getting those for $10 would be nice. There are plenty of Gamestops around us (one within a half-mile from our house), so it would be easy to stop by there, but I'd much rather use my $10 GC at TRU or RZ certificates at BB. I was already considering doing that for the $14.99 prices on BB's website. This would be even better. I don't think I've seen the golden cannon at my local Gamestop, but that doesn't mean that others in the area don't. I'm just not sure if it's worth it to check out the others for it.
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#59 Posted: 20:57:02 18/06/2013
Wish I'll see some sidekicks the 22 to my local Gamestop!
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
RumpleLover Emerald Sparx Gems: 3067
#60 Posted: 03:09:31 19/06/2013
Quote: Rand O M
I just called three GameStops and not a single one knows anything about this. One did tell me they have a conference call this afternoon and if it isn't mentioned then, then it might not be happening... Strange it wouldn't included at least one of these stores...

They should being doing it... The gamestop TV in there stores are advertising it.

The GS nearest to me said their TV has been down, supposed to be fixed this week. The other two said their TVs are working but they haven't seen anything about it. Is their programming a DVD or something that maybe hasn't been changed yet for the week?

I'm going to make more calls later in the week and see if anything changes. I hope I can find at least one to go to.

It's on their website, and if you click the add for more details, it'll bring up your local stores, so they SHOULD have them.

I'm pretty excited about the whole thing. Can't wait to get Polar Whirlwind, and hopefully at least one sidekick! Do you think since they're free with the purchase of a Giant figure, that if you buy more than one figure, you'll get more than one sidekick? And I'm assuming that when they say Skylanders Giant figure, they don't necessarily mean an actual GIANT. Ah... so many questions to ask the day of! smilie

Though, I hope they get a new shipment in for the event because last time I was there, they didn't have much of a selection. Still, it'll be fun regardless.

BTW, being there with the crowd is half the fun of the event. (My personal opinion.) smilie
---
"How you can see the man behind the monster, I will never know."
"But that monster's gone... The man beneath him may be flawed, but we all are."
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#61 Posted: 09:53:08 19/06/2013
Quote: RumpleLover

I'm pretty excited about the whole thing. Can't wait to get Polar Whirlwind, and hopefully at least one sidekick! Do you think since they're free with the purchase of a Giant figure, that if you buy more than one figure, you'll get more than one sidekick? And I'm assuming that when they say Skylanders Giant figure, they don't necessarily mean an actual GIANT. Ah... so many questions to ask the day of! smilie

Though, I hope they get a new shipment in for the event because last time I was there, they didn't have much of a selection. Still, it'll be fun regardless.

BTW, being there with the crowd is half the fun of the event. (My personal opinion.) smilie

The website says "any Skylanders Giants toy" so I would assume any Skylanders Giants purchase, not just the giants themselves. So I'm assuming the battle packs will work, too, since that's what I'm going for. Polar Whirlwind would be nice, but money is limited. I'm really debating on what I can afford, as I'm really just using my son's birthday money to buy them for him, but I might have to put some extra to get him both battle packs (which is why I'd like to price match where I have a GC or RZ certificate, but the free sidekick changes things).
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#62 Posted: 21:12:46 19/06/2013
also note from gamestops website "We will have a limited supply of the GameStop Exclusive Polar Whirlwind and Scarlet Ninjini* Figures
available for sale, plus a FREE Skylanders Sidekick with the purchase of any Skylanders Giants toy"

Scarlet will be there for those that missed out on her.
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#63 Posted: 21:28:03 19/06/2013
It's Sklylanders day?
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#64 Posted: 21:45:25 19/06/2013 | Topic Creator
I'm so excited to get my hands on polar. And I can't wait to get in and get free stuff! smilie
portalflip Blue Sparx Gems: 728
#65 Posted: 03:26:41 20/06/2013
Quote: SlayerX11
also note from gamestops website "We will have a limited supply of the GameStop Exclusive Polar Whirlwind and Scarlet Ninjini* Figures
available for sale, plus a FREE Skylanders Sidekick with the purchase of any Skylanders Giants toy"

Scarlet will be there for those that missed out on her.

If you read the footnote it says that only select stores will have Scarlet Ninjini available. Probably won't be all that widespread.
RumpleLover Emerald Sparx Gems: 3067
#66 Posted: 04:11:04 23/06/2013
Skylanders day was a success! I probably didn't have to get there as early as I did. smilie (only an hour before opening.) There were about four other people there, though they all got there later. Got my Polar Whirlwind! smilie There were only six there, and between the four of us there at opening, we wiped them out. Also got my four sidekicks, finally! Yay! smilie They had a decent amount, but not too many. Only two Terrabites. To get them, I DID have to buy an actual giant. Fortunately, I can give three of the four to my mom, and I'll just sell Hothead. Got my poster for SwapForce. Everything I wanted. So yeah, successful morning before work. No scarlet ninjini's, though I didn't need one, and I knew they were only going to be at select stores. (No S2 Drobot, either, yet.)
---
"How you can see the man behind the monster, I will never know."
"But that monster's gone... The man beneath him may be flawed, but we all are."
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me