Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Are you serious Microsoft? [CLOSED]
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#1 Posted: 19:08:55 14/06/2013 | Topic Creator
http://www.xbox360achievements...e/achievements/
If you preorder the Xbox One on your 360, you get an achievement worth 0 Gamerscore. Microsoft, you've already lost this round.

[User Posted Image]Trophy Unlocked: Bought PS4
---
Bring the Fanta
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#2 Posted: 21:30:36 14/06/2013
The Xbox One has more features then the PlayStation. Still have the same graphics. But has restrictions.
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#3 Posted: 21:37:40 14/06/2013
I'm getting it for the better games <.< price seems fair. Ps4 doesnt have anything i want really
---
Praise Helix!!!
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#4 Posted: 21:45:58 14/06/2013
...Okay then.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#5 Posted: 22:11:10 14/06/2013
Has anyone mentioned that Xbox Live on the XO will only be available for 21 countries when the XO is released? <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#6 Posted: 23:02:59 14/06/2013
^ Really!? There are about 196 countries in the world, so approximately 175 countries will have no Xbox Live support. Even the PS3 supported 59 countries (correct me if I'm wrong). Anyone know how many countries the PS4 will support?

Maybe Microsoft wants to fail or something and collect insurance on the loss of sales smilie (companies that make movies and stage productions actually do that sometimes).
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#7 Posted: 23:31:40 14/06/2013
Quote: somePerson
The Xbox One has more features then the PlayStation. Still have the same graphics. But has restrictions.

the ps4 have faster ram and faster cpu and you can play it when the internet goes out, you even own the games you buy and you can loan them to your friends.... so its just not only a restriction with the xbone, its totally crap..

Quote: ace
I'm getting it for the better games <.< price seems fair. Ps4 doesnt have anything i want really

and what is these rental games(yes that what it is you never own anything on the xbone) on the xbone that is soooooooo much better?... that you must give away your customers right and buy a brick that games dont work on without an internet connection...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:08:56 15/06/2013 by Matteomax
#8 Posted: 00:02:51 15/06/2013
Quote: kappapopm

and what is these rental games(yes that what it is you never own anything on the xbone) on the xbone that is soooooooo much better?... that you must give away your customers right and buy a brick that games dont work on without an internet connection...

First of all pretty much any game with online capabilities is a rental

Second, Halo, PvZ 2, Dead Rising 3, inevitable next gears of war game.
Games on both systems that i will get on xbox1: need for speed, skylanders swap-force, kingdom hearts 3, assassins creed 4, next batman games, inevitable borderlands 3

And finally you seem to be misinformed about it's connection needs smilie xbox one will work offline, it just needs to be connected once a day for any update.

Not hating on ps4, just saying it doesnt have anything that interests me to justify buying one
---
Praise Helix!!!
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#9 Posted: 19:53:48 16/06/2013

the ps4 have faster ram and faster cpu and you can play it when the internet goes out, you even own the games you buy and you can loan them to your friends.... so its just not only a restriction with the xbone, its totally crap..

Last bit of news I read showed the One and 4 having the exact same hardware in terms of proccessors, ram, etc. Has any new info come out that says otherwise?
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#10 Posted: 20:32:16 16/06/2013
But they both get SSF
Storm Dragon Green Sparx Gems: 295
#11 Posted: 00:05:46 17/06/2013
Quote: ZapNorris
But they both get SSF

I, for one, dislike Skylanders.
So it doesn't matter to me.
---
Hero of Time~
Check my profile for where to find me~
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#12 Posted: 10:54:56 18/06/2013
Quote: ShinkenRed

Last bit of news I read showed the One and 4 having the exact same hardware in terms of proccessors, ram, etc. Has any new info come out that says otherwise?

actually apparently the xbone is better in terms of hardware
#13 Posted: 14:56:11 18/06/2013
Quote: arceustheprime
Quote: ShinkenRed

actually apparently the xbone is better in terms of hardware

first of all the ps4 have 8gb gddr5 ram while the xbone have 8gb ddr3 ram, gddrR5 has double the bandwidth of the ddr3 ram..

lets take this as an example if ps4 use the 8gb gddr5 to its full extend (split 50/50 between cpu and gpu) a pc with 8gb ddr3 ram would need 16gb ddr3 to compensate the bandwidth speed of the ps4 ram.

also remember the ps4 have 1gb for its os while the xbone use 3gb on its os. so that is 7gb of ram for games to use on the ps4, while the xbone will only have 5gb ram for games.

the ps4, have an 8-core jaguar and cpu(same has xbone) with a gpu that is around the same level as the radeon 7870. that is significantly more powerful than the 7790 gpu the xbone use.

another thing is that you can change the hd on the ps4 to a bigger one yourself. on the xbone you cant change hd.

this prove the ps4 have much better hardware and even are much more powerful than the xbone .all this info i typed here is available on the net for anyone to read. i just typed this here for you since it looks like you have a hard time finding it....
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 15:00:06 18/06/2013 by kappapopm
K-Tech Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#14 Posted: 21:20:24 18/06/2013
MS have already shot themselves in the foot too many times with the XOne. This won't get any better for them even with the decent flow of titles slated for launch or future 2014 release. They probably will do what the PS3 did just to drop the price, and it will be a painful net loss and slow stock recovery rate in the market.

They have done equal or more damage to the consumer to fight piracy and kill the used game market than make it better for everyone.
---
I'm k-tech... and I approve this message.
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#15 Posted: 21:28:56 18/06/2013
not sure if idea is stupid

or genius
---
Cool cool.
#16 Posted: 22:54:41 18/06/2013
i play fine on the 360 and i will play fine on the Xone -.- i honestly dont see what the problem is. All the whining back and forth is ridiculous, who cares? I'll be getting the Xone on launch, then the Wii U next year for Smash Bro's, then the PS4 the year after if i feel like it >.<
---
Praise Helix!!!
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#17 Posted: 17:31:33 19/06/2013

I'll take the platform with the freedom of choice. It seems giving away freedoms is all the rage these days. Everyone does know that the disks are glorified install media...and once they choose to end of life Xbox One, your entire library won't be able to be used. You're basically renting your games. Not even going into the lack of any compatibility with previous Xbox generations.

You can only share the game with one person, and that's it. It's a forever sticky.

If you are at a friend's house and logon with your account, you can only play for an hour and it will auto-log you off.

You have to keep a Kinnect always on--no valid reason.

500GB drive and you have to install everything? Should've included a 2TB disk.

Dodged QA session at E3.

Yeah, I'd say none of these are there for customer's benefit.

Quote: pankakesparx456

or genius

If you're the customer, you are losing. Everyone else will make out like bandits. Anyone buying this POS and then coming on a board to complain are the idiots.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 7 times - Last edited at 17:47:10 19/06/2013 by GhostRoaster
#18 Posted: 21:52:48 19/06/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster

I'll take the platform with the freedom of choice. It seems giving away freedoms is all the rage these days. Everyone does know that the disks are glorified install media...and once they choose to end of life Xbox One, your entire library won't be able to be used. You're basically renting your games. Not even going into the lack of any compatibility with previous Xbox generations.

You can only share the game with one person, and that's it. It's a forever sticky.

If you are at a friend's house and logon with your account, you can only play for an hour and it will auto-log you off.

You have to keep a Kinnect always on--no valid reason.

500GB drive and you have to install everything? Should've included a 2TB disk.

Dodged QA session at E3.

Yeah, I'd say none of these are there for customer's benefit.

Quote: pankakesparx456

or genius

If you're the customer, you are losing. Everyone else will make out like bandits. Anyone buying this POS and then coming on a board to complain are the idiots.

Only about half of these are viable comparisons for the PS4 since the PS4 doesnt have backwards compatibility either, but both will be allowing you to download previous generation games. Couple of the facts you listed are wrong. The Kinect sensor is definitely not always on. It can be turned off and the only thing left would be the "xbox on" voice function which can also be taken off. They have also stated that the kinect isnt required to play games either. Only games that need it will require it like.....kinect games? Also the essentially renting a game thing is nothing new. You are basically only renting your games now you just dont realize it. Nobody really owns their games. This is why publishers are able to "nerf" OP strategies and gear, tweek enemies, and mess with a game after release because they own the game, not you. I can only see the borrowing thing as a problem to the kids who trade their games like pokemon cards. My games only usually get borrowed to one person if need be anyways

Edit: this should prove an interessting read for people. Xbox says the Xone will not require internet, and will not restrict used games

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013...d-game-policies
---
Praise Helix!!!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:58:39 19/06/2013 by ace
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#19 Posted: 22:10:27 19/06/2013
"Are you serious Microsoft?"

Yes, they be serious. Holy hell, I was not expecting that at all. Fair play to Microsoft, they have surprised. Of course there are still aspects of the XBO that I don't agree with and there's not really much about the XBO that makes me want to buy it day one, but it'll certainly mean that I'll plan to buy it sooner than I previously had.

Well played Microsoft, well played.
#20 Posted: 22:25:26 19/06/2013
yup it looks like their fantastic future they talked about wasn't so fantastic after all... so now they are back paddling like mad, lol... less drm and crap is good news for any gamers smilie but still much stands of what i said here earlier, its still a tvbox.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#21 Posted: 22:31:57 19/06/2013
yup it looks like their fantastic future they talked about wasn't so fantastic after all... so now they are back paddling like mad, lol... less drm and crap is good news for any gamers smilie but still much stands of what i said here earlier, its still a tvbox.

Not necessarily, I don't really care about the TV features - it was more their execution of the consoles announcement. The games they showed at E3 were pretty good, and that conference was one of the best they've had in years, but the issue with it was that it wasn't enough to convince most gamers to buy an XBO because of all the DRM stuff.

Now this is gone, I have a feeling that the market share for the PS4 and XBO is going to be very close. We may even be in more of a situation where people will buy both systems than we were last generation.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#22 Posted: 22:46:40 19/06/2013
Ahahahahahaha! I can't believe it. The consumer finally prevails! ^.^ (Still never buying an Xbox, just not a fan of the console line.)
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#23 Posted: 00:06:58 20/06/2013
if they now only removed the pay2play online fee from both, this would be even better...
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me