Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Tekken Revolution (and Tekken in general)
Page 1 of 1
Tekken Revolution (and Tekken in general) [CLOSED]
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#1 Posted: 19:39:17 12/06/2013 | Topic Creator
So Tekken Revolution, a PS3 exclusive Free-to-Play Tekken game, has been released over the course of this week. I assume a lot of PS3 users are getting it just because it's free, but I thought I'd explain how it works. I'm sure people are skeptical about how it works.

Basically, when you boot it up for the first time, you're given 5 Arcade Coins, 5 Battle Coins, and 1 Premium Ticket. You must spend one Arcade Coin to play Arcade Mode, and one Battle Coin to play Ranked Matches or Player Matches. You'll automatically be topped up with one Arcade Coin every hour, and one Battle Coin every 30 minutes (regardless of whether or not your even using your PS3).

After spending all of your Battle Coins, you can use your Premium Tickets. If you win a match after entering using a Premium Ticket, you win it back, and you can use it again and again if you keep winning. If you lose after entering with a Premium Ticket, you'll actually get extra EXP (more than what you would get if you won). Premium Tickets can also be won by fulfilling certain conditions (for example, beating Arcade mode for the first time).
You can also purchase packs of "Premium Coins", which are the exact same as Premium Tickets, but bought from the PS Store (prices obviously depend on region. They're very cheap though).

As far as characters go, there are 8 by default - Lars, Kazuya, Lili, Asuka, King, Jack-6, Paul, and Marshall Law. You unlock characters by accumulating "Gift Points". The characters you get seem randomised though. I also don't know how far you can unlock them, or if they will end up releasing some as paid DLC. It's nice that they can be unlocked, though.

You can also upgrade characters. As you fight, you gain EXP. When you level up, you earn Skill Points. You can use this to upgrade Strength (makes a characters attacks stronger), Endurance (gives a character a bigger health bar), or Vigor (increases the rate at which you get critical hits). Skill Points you earn are universal. So levelling up one character levels up everyone. However, each skill point cost fight money to use (starts at 2,000G, and gets more expensive as your character gets stronger). So you need to also build up money to use your skill points.

They've also added "Critical Arts", and "Special Arts" to the formula. These are certain moves that have special properties.

They also hold seasons, whereby certain perks are in play, such as double EXP gain. You get stuff whenever you log in on a new day too.

So yeah, if you ask me, this is a really nifty package. I'd recommend it to anyone who has a PS3. I've been playing it for a few hours (the coin respawn rate is convenient for taking short breaks).

Feel free to talk about Tekken in general here also, if you wish.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:30:37 12/06/2013 by sonicbrawler182
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#2 Posted: 19:13:29 14/06/2013
Sounds nice, unfortunately I don't like Fighting games (except PSASBR)
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me