Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Disney Infinity Figures [CLOSED]
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#1 Posted: 18:31:00 12/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Footage of character figures and power discs.
SpyroGamer2008 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4193
#2 Posted: 04:10:39 13/06/2013
I read an article in Game Informer about this game, and I gotta say I have mixed opinions on it. The main thing that kind of was a red flag for me was this quote:

"Players add characters into their worlds in several different ways. First, they can purchase and place figures on the Disney Infinity Base (see sidebar). The starter set includes Mr. Incredible, Sulley, and Jack Sparrow. There are also loads of other playable characters that are unlocked as players progress through the game. Additional elements can also be added by either purchasing them or unlocking them in the game's virtual store through coins you earn while playing." -Quote From Issue 239 of Game Informer Magazine

So, from what I get from this quote, kids will not have to pay for all of the figures and simply be able to unlock them in game? If so, then I would expect this product to lose money, unfortunately.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5243-6111
P.M. me if you want me to add you.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:11:45 13/06/2013 by SpyroGamer2008
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#3 Posted: 05:53:20 13/06/2013
^ Here's my take on what they're trying to say:

If I'm reading it right, there will be characters/items that you can buy in-store, but there will also be characters/elements that can be unlocked in the game, but the ones that can be unlocked within the game, will not be the same ones that can be purchased in-store (so think of them as in-game unlockable bonuses, in a way).

This way there's more game content that people don't have to pay extra for, but it's not going to be the main characters/items that are purchased in the stores.

So in general, they're trying to say that if you want more content than what's given at first, there are two ways of getting it by purchasing items in-stores, or unlocking different elements within the game itself. I honestly doubt that the same figures/items that can be purchased in stores will be the same as the in-game unlockables.

I hope that this makes sense.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
SpyroGamer2008 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4193
#4 Posted: 00:22:32 14/06/2013
Quote: OpalOsprey
^ Here's my take on what they're trying to say:

If I'm reading it right, there will be characters/items that you can buy in-store, but there will also be characters/elements that can be unlocked in the game, but the ones that can be unlocked within the game, will not be the same ones that can be purchased in-store (so think of them as in-game unlockable bonuses, in a way).

This way there's more game content that people don't have to pay extra for, but it's not going to be the main characters/items that are purchased in the stores.

So in general, they're trying to say that if you want more content than what's given at first, there are two ways of getting it by purchasing items in-stores, or unlocking different elements within the game itself. I honestly doubt that the same figures/items that can be purchased in stores will be the same as the in-game unlockables.

I hope that this makes sense.

Yeah, it does make a lot more sense when you said it. It was kind of vaguely written, and I am glad you helped clear this thing up.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5243-6111
P.M. me if you want me to add you.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me