Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > LightCore Hex in Canada soon! (At Toys R' Us)
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
LightCore Hex in Canada soon! (At Toys R' Us) [CLOSED]
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#51 Posted: 21:04:33 06/06/2013
They did this last year with Legendary Trigger Happy at TRU. Preorder early, get him with the game. So, there is some precedent, but I agree that it still seems silly.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#52 Posted: 21:09:46 06/06/2013
Quote: lesty
This is news to me. I assumed the figure would be available immediately. Why would they give away a lightcore figure from Giants when you're buying Swap force? I'm not saying you're information is incorrect, just confused. I'll do some more checking.

Because people will put a dollar down, pre-order a bunch of them and throw the reserve cards in the trash (minus one) on the way out the door. Several people, have already insinuated that was their intention. Then when the game comes out your initial order is anticipating a bunch of pre-orders no one picks up. I don't think there is ANY way that ANY store will give you the figure up front without a minimum $15 deposit, which you don't get back if you cancel without returning the figure.

Personally I will pre-order to get a figure (maybe even two, one for the 3DS too), but I will also buy her when she hits the store because I don't want to wait until September. Hex is a cool figure, and I already have a few duplicates I have for display purposes I got from buying the starter packs for different platforms.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:15:29 06/06/2013 by defpally
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#53 Posted: 21:14:06 06/06/2013
Quote: brokenleg
Quote: lesty

I called back Markville to clarify and spoke to some else. They said that only about the first 20 people will get the free LC Hex and they won't get it until the pick up Swap Force in the fall. Seems pointless to me. I'd rather buy LC Hex when it comes out in a couple of weeks than wait until Swap Force comes out. There will be plenty of new characters to try when Swap Force comes out.

This is news to me. I assumed the figure would be available immediately. Why would they give away a lightcore figure from Giants when you're buying Swap force? I'm not saying you're information is incorrect, just confused. I'll do some more checking.

It doesn't make sense to me either. I'm just reporting what I was told. Why would I want LC Hex when Swap Force comes out? I'd want to try out one of the new characters at that point. Of course I wouldn't complain about getting it for free but I'm not rushing out tomorrow to line up. Note that this is what I was told from 2 Canadian Toys R US locations and may not be true for Target or other stores.

Im with you with this one, i called 3 TRU today and all 3 stores told me the same thing that they'll give LC smilie when Swap Force is release which is 4 months of waiting just for LC smilie
#54 Posted: 21:14:42 06/06/2013
It doesn't make sense to me either. I'm just reporting what I was told. Why would I want LC Hex when Swap Force comes out? I'd want to try out one of the new characters at that point. Of course I wouldn't complain about getting it for free but I'm not rushing out tomorrow to line up. Note that this is what I was told from 2 Canadian Toys R US locations and may not be true for Target or other stores.

As an inverse to that question, why do you need LC Hex now when you already have two? Hex works in Swap Force, so you can play her in that game. It is nice they are giving the option for her free if you are willing to wait. Kids that don't have every figure will appreciate it. Of course, it does us collectors no good. We want her NOW. If we were patient we would have waited until now when you can buy many of the figures for discount prices. I just saw BJs has singles for $4.99 and lightcores for $7.99. That sure would have saved me some money.
#55 Posted: 21:45:08 06/06/2013
I think the poster that you get for free its probably 2 characters swapping bodies on the poster since its called Swap Force, i don't think its a chart of skylanders like the ones in Spyro's Adventure and Giants but thats just my guess.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:25:21 06/06/2013 by Hexblazer
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#56 Posted: 21:54:28 06/06/2013
Might be double-sided.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#57 Posted: 21:55:37 06/06/2013
Quote: defpally
I'm getting this really strong vibe Activision is toying with the idea of making it so the last figures for the previous game won't be out until the next game ships. I don't think that will be the case this year mainly because Hex and Drobot are already out in some regions, but this is definitely testing the waters to see how many people would wait that long for a figure who's sole purpose is collection completion (two Hex figures already out, including the S2 that has more features) if they give it for free. It isn't a stretch to think Activision wants Skylander searching to be on our mind year round. We will likely see her for sale soon in fairly limited numbers alongside the pre-order offer to see what people bite on.

I still think the best plan for them would be to bridge the summer gap with an expansion game instead (no new figures/engine - just a new story and levels using the same assets as the previous one). Ship it as disc only, or even make it a downloadable title. It would give fans more to chew for their collections and keep the franchise fresh for the fall new game and series.

And yes, they need to move to a more video game model and away from a toy model. Obviously that is more difficult given the lead time of making figures (you can press/ship discs in days), but I'm sure they could make it work for pre-orders. The biggest problem is that it is easy to know that you can make ALOT of Hot Dog Battle Packs for a pre-order, for example, but predicting demand for a repose is obviously tougher. If you predict wrong, you have a load of stock no one wants and it could kill the franchise (think ET for Atari). Too few and you have to rush to keep up (think January last year for Skylanders).

Whoever made that decisions, whether it be Activision or TFB, is flat out retarded if they do that. These games aren't long enough to merit dragging out releases that long.

If this Skylanders stuff is going to be a bunch of head games, that's it for me. I'm always trying to find excuses to save money, and these corporate jokers making the calls will seal the deal for me.

LC Hex and S2 Drobot are out overseas. QUIT PLAYING HEADGAMES! GIVE EVERYONE THE FIGURES! Nonsense, I tell ya. It's stupid to make people in ANY region wait for figures.

Handle the distribution well, or don't handle it at all. Close shop and get out of dodge, because if us Skylander fans in NA can't get access to LC Hex or S2 Drobot in the next 2-3 weeks, as well as Triple Packs 8 and 9, then it's just silly little headgames. It's silly when people overseas have to wait as well.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
NinjaHarley Yellow Sparx Gems: 1346
#58 Posted: 22:00:01 06/06/2013
I see the fear mongering/whining has returned
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#59 Posted: 22:00:54 06/06/2013
Quote: GameMaster78
If this Skylanders stuff is going to be a bunch of head games, that's it for me. I'm always trying to find excuses to save money, and these corporate jokers making the calls will seal the deal for me.

[User Posted Image]

Been there, done that.
#60 Posted: 22:18:58 06/06/2013
Well, they haven't really ****** me off to the point I will quit yet. I said this last year, if it was going to be hard to get Giants figures, after the fiasco of how they handled getting SSA figures to people. For the most part, they've done good about keeping up with demand, but now they're getting back to terribad status by not giving us American gamers characters like S2 Drobot and LC Hex.

Don't mistake me for one of these other people on here who keep saying they're going to be done, but never are. I always say what I mean. If they keep LC Hex out of American Skylanders fans hands until October, not only are certain people on this forum wrong about their info, but that's really shady of Activision, and I want nothing to do with shady actions like that.

I beat Giants in 2 days. There's no reason I need to wait until October 13th to get the final figure, but in the meantime, I'm having to wonder WHEN us American Skylanders fans are going to see Triple Pack 8, 9, and Series 2 Drobot.

Not that I would take my business to Infinity so much that I'm buying multiples of every figure, when the game seems more like crap than masterpiece, but for all the right moves being made for Skylanders with Giants, it seems us humans are just messing up whatever good was being made (whoever is in charge of releases for Skylanders figures) when Giants launched. I guess that's the nature of humanity. Make progress and mess it all up.
---
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#61 Posted: 22:23:21 06/06/2013
I agree. While our UK and Aussie friends tease us that they have them, and they sell for 2x-4x the price on eBay, we're just waiting, going to each store, hoping that we'll magically come across them or we come across a variant.

And it never happened, not even with the pitiful stock drop like last year.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#62 Posted: 22:40:25 06/06/2013
noot my image but looks like its blast zone in the starter pack not magna charge like soms fans argued about [User Posted Image]
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
#63 Posted: 22:42:07 06/06/2013
Says it right there. "Figure available at time of pick-up."
#64 Posted: 22:44:15 06/06/2013
I am a little frustrated they have drug it out this long, but really - if this is what causes you to abandon Skylanders then you probably need to just quit anyways. I get the feeling you believe your impact on the Skylanders franchise is far greater than reality.

The only reason to get LC Hex or S2 Drobot is to fill an empty spot on your shelf and make a number go up in the game. If you want to play Hex or Drobot in the game, you can, right now, and have been able to since the game came out. I want them, but I will freely admit that all it will do is fill two empty slots in my cases.

Here is what they DO risk by dragging this out. Part of what drives people to want to "collect 'em all" is the feeling that you can complete the collection and reach a "finish line". Myself, for example, if I felt like there are figures in the series I won't be able to collect in a timely fashion it reduces my desire to have all of the series. I would just skip the figures I don't like and get the ones I do. I would never have bought S2 Drill Sergeant, S2 Eruptor and a few others if I didn't think I could get all of the Series 2. I would never have gotten LC Drobot if I wasn't going to get all Lightcores. Initially this year, I was going to collect one each of the new ones, a couple cool lightcores and a few of my favorites in Series 2 form. But, I found a few good deals, got some triple packs instead of singles and then was well on the way. I have been very fortunate to find the figures and also get in on the many B1G1% off deals that eased the pain.

I will definitely get Swap Force, no question. I will definitely get the new figures, all 16 swappers and all 16 newlanders. Right now this delay and dragging out of the releases is making me lean HEAVILY toward skipping the reposes and only getting a few for Swap Force and completely ignoring variants. Then, next summer when they do this again I could care less if it takes until August to get them all out. My interest in finding figures is then driven by when I tire of the game, and not by their mysterious release schedule. In other words, if the collecting gets too frustrating the answer is to simply stop collecting and just get the ones you really want. Problem solved. Anxiety gone. And Activision loses a lot of sales when a lot of people reach this conclusion. Breaking the collecting mentality and people stop collecting.

So that is what they risk. Making people so frustrated they decide "collecting 'em all" isn't worth the effort, because the "finish line" isn't a clear line in the distance. The people need to be able to see the carrot to want it.
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#65 Posted: 22:58:05 06/06/2013
for everyone advise im not talking about hex im talking about the starter kits
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
#66 Posted: 23:06:24 06/06/2013
In other words, if the collecting gets too frustrating the answer is to simply stop collecting and just get the ones you really want. Problem solved. Anxiety gone.

Nonono.

You should go onto Skylanders forums and...

• complain about how long the figures are taking to come out and how Activision can't meet your expectations,
  • complain because other people have the chance to get them before you and how that's unfair, because you're you and they're not,
  • complain because you made up your mind, based off no information, that certain figures aren't going to be released in the US,
  • complain because Activision holds special events for figures that you can't get to, and that's unfair, because, again, you're you,
  • complain because they make convention-exclusive figures that you can't get four of for THE COLLECTION,
  • complain because Activision gives the wrong sort of people freebies and prototype/custom figures,

...then, throw your hands up in the air, say you're going to give up and cut back or eliminate your Skylanders spending...

...then, go order figures from overseas sellers because you just can't wait for them anymore.
#67 Posted: 23:14:54 06/06/2013
As for me all i need is LC smilie if theres a skylander i need that didn't come out in Canada, i usually buy them online like the loose Royal Double Trouble i bought on amazon for $40, as for LC smilie if her release is really October then i don't mind waiting that long, i got other figures that needs leveling and upgrading so they'll keep me busy for a while.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:17:58 06/06/2013 by Hexblazer
#68 Posted: 23:21:48 06/06/2013
You forgot:

• After complaining, when figures do come out forget everything you said and go to every store in town and clean out their inventory so you can be Skylander Claus for everyone you have ever met.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#69 Posted: 23:27:14 06/06/2013
I agree with depfally for collecting for Giants- I originally was planning to skip the S2s entirely except for Spyro and a few that I liked. It turned out that JCP had that deal around Thanksgiving-Christmas and I ended up getting at least half of all the S2s and I decided to just go for the gold.

But right now I think most of all I'm disappointed since the pic sky-dragon posted pretty much confirms that we won't be able to get LC Hex until October. I at least HOPE that we'll be able to purchase her separately before then, but I wouldn't hold my breath considering how long they've dragged stuff out now.

To be frank, GM is right- I beat the game in a few days, a few more to 100% it. There's no reason that all the figures shouldn't be out as of right now. I'm not saying to release them all at once, but a steady release of figures (and an abundant selection mind you) should have been set out from Day 1. Right now we're looking at 8 months since the release of a game and we can't finish something that should have been ended at least a month ago. And for those that actually WANT a particular character (ie, Ninjini or Jade Flashwing, or etc), we can't because stores are sitting on stock with no incentive to get rid of them. It almost reminds me of that E.T. Atari fiasco.

I'm hoping that someone internally in the company has been reviewing the forums- I REALLY hope they are. Right now I'm guessing if not, our qualms are falling on deaf ears- after all, we're in an echo chamber here spouting about how bad things are...no one else can hear us. But if they are listening they need to seriously rework their distribution structure. Or something
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#70 Posted: 23:36:29 06/06/2013
Quote: Tashiji
They did this last year with Legendary Trigger Happy at TRU. Preorder early, get him with the game. So, there is some precedent, but I agree that it still seems silly.

Actually, I meant to ask this last year- did anyone actually get L-Triggs with the game? I remember reading this on the forums and then preordering and on release day I asked about it and the entire store looked at me like I had 3 heads on. (And I'm not over-exaggerating that; literally the entire staff and everyone in the other lines looked at me like I was crazy. It was so cringe worthy)
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#71 Posted: 23:38:30 06/06/2013
You forgot:

• After complaining, when figures do come out forget everything you said and go to every store in town and clean out their inventory so you can be Skylander Claus for everyone you have ever met.

I was making my point why Royal Double Trouble hasn't come out in Eb Games canada since Eb Games and gamestop are the same company, you mostly have answer to everything yet you didn't answer my question? Don't try to be smart*** if you don't know all the answer.
#72 Posted: 23:49:11 06/06/2013
I am a little frustrated they have drug it out this long, but really - if this is what causes you to abandon Skylanders then you probably need to just quit anyways. I get the feeling you believe your impact on the Skylanders franchise is far greater than reality.

The only reason to get LC Hex or S2 Drobot is to fill an empty spot on your shelf and make a number go up in the game. If you want to play Hex or Drobot in the game, you can, right now, and have been able to since the game came out. I want them, but I will freely admit that all it will do is fill two empty slots in my cases.

Here is what they DO risk by dragging this out. Part of what drives people to want to "collect 'em all" is the feeling that you can complete the collection and reach a "finish line". Myself, for example, if I felt like there are figures in the series I won't be able to collect in a timely fashion it reduces my desire to have all of the series. I would just skip the figures I don't like and get the ones I do. I would never have bought S2 Drill Sergeant, S2 Eruptor and a few others if I didn't think I could get all of the Series 2. I would never have gotten LC Drobot if I wasn't going to get all Lightcores. Initially this year, I was going to collect one each of the new ones, a couple cool lightcores and a few of my favorites in Series 2 form. But, I found a few good deals, got some triple packs instead of singles and then was well on the way. I have been very fortunate to find the figures and also get in on the many B1G1% off deals that eased the pain.

I will definitely get Swap Force, no question. I will definitely get the new figures, all 16 swappers and all 16 newlanders. Right now this delay and dragging out of the releases is making me lean HEAVILY toward skipping the reposes and only getting a few for Swap Force and completely ignoring variants. Then, next summer when they do this again I could care less if it takes until August to get them all out. My interest in finding figures is then driven by when I tire of the game, and not by their mysterious release schedule. In other words, if the collecting gets too frustrating the answer is to simply stop collecting and just get the ones you really want. Problem solved. Anxiety gone. And Activision loses a lot of sales when a lot of people reach this conclusion. Breaking the collecting mentality and people stop collecting.

So that is what they risk. Making people so frustrated they decide "collecting 'em all" isn't worth the effort, because the "finish line" isn't a clear line in the distance. The people need to be able to see the carrot to want it.

Def, I don't see things that way, though. It's not a race to be done first. I don't only think of myself in matters like this.

What if people are waiting for LC Hex, instead of buying S2 Hex? What about those customers? What if people are waiting for S2 Drobot, instead of LC Drobot? What about those customers?

I have someone in Australia helping me get some of this stuff (TP 8, 9, 2 S2 Drobot, and 2 LC Hex), but still, it's not all about me. There are other American Skylanders fans out there who might want S2 Drobot and LC Hex. I know I still need 2 LC Hex, 2 S2 Drobot, and Single Pack Jet-Vac to be done, but why make us American gamers wait for something like LC Hex, when they could have competed with Infinity, by offering a free Swap Force Skylander with a reserve, instead of a character that's been on a nearly year old poster (Giants poster) as of October 13th, 2013, while people in Australia and the other PAL regions have them now?

Sure, I could say that I will most likely end up ordering them from Amazon.de or Amazon.it when they become available there, but that's not the point. The point that's ******* me off, is the fact there are those here in NA that don't have those options available to them, thus they are screwed because Activision wants to play retarded games with the Skylanders fanbase. It's like in their silly experiments, we're the labrats. Don't Skylanders fans deserve better than that, or could they care less, while the corporate kissbutts defend them while not getting paid?
---
Dsi568 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3173
#73 Posted: 23:53:53 06/06/2013
Quote: sky-dragon
noot my image but looks like its blast zone in the starter pack not magna charge like soms fans argued about [User Posted Image]

So is this promotion beginning tomorrow for the United States as well as Canada?
---
Instagram: Skymiibomon_U
Twitter: @skymiibomon_U
NNID: dsi568
#74 Posted: 23:55:47 06/06/2013
^ It would seem so, but the small print at the bottom confirms that the figure will not be available at the time of pre-order. So, if anyone still is, don't expect to go out and snag LC Hex for a buck tomorrow morning.
#75 Posted: 00:20:23 07/06/2013
Quote: Hexblazer

I was making my point why Royal Double Trouble hasn't come out in Eb Games canada since Eb Games and gamestop are the same company, you mostly have answer to everything yet you didn't answer my question? Don't try to be smart*** if you don't know all the answer.

Calm down, buddy - I'm pretty sure that reply was to me, not to you.

Don't Skylanders fans deserve better than that, or could they care less, while the corporate kissbutts defend them while not getting paid?

Let me assure you, MegaX, you're the kind of consumer that corporations like Activision LOVES. No matter how jilted you feel and no matter how many times you make threats about taking your money elsewhere, you're always first in line to hand them wads of cash for (four of) the next shiny toy. You may be the "angsty, emo rebel anti-consumer" on the internets, but as long as you're giving them a paycheck, they're happy.
#76 Posted: 00:36:43 07/06/2013
In all honesty, If you really want to stick it to them GM78, just buy everything off of ebay, that way their not getting your money. Oh wait you do that, plus empty your local stores.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#77 Posted: 00:44:44 07/06/2013
I'll check on this pre-order here in NY tomorrow. I prob will pre-order the game. If i decide to not get it from TRU or whatever I'm only out a $1. I am hoping thou LC Hex comes out before this as like many of you i'd like to be done with skylander giants. All i need is polar, lc hex, drobot2 and the triples.

Did trigger happy not come out till oct last year?
Dsi568 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3173
#78 Posted: 00:45:44 07/06/2013
Is anyone actually going to preorder swap force tomorrow? I feel like the long wait for lightcore hex makes it not worth it and I'm just undecided whether to preorder it or not, the fact that the figure is free is good however.
---
Instagram: Skymiibomon_U
Twitter: @skymiibomon_U
NNID: dsi568
#79 Posted: 00:48:41 07/06/2013
Well, Unc, while I can't dent any corporation, I take satisfaction in knowing where my loyalties lie. What I mean by that, is I won't be buying the XB1, due to it's always online functionality. I am normally a gamer that buys every system at launch. However, that won't be the case in the 8th generation of gaming.

When December rolls around, I will gladly take a pic of my game systems, and the XB1 will be missing. I never miss a console launch since the SNES, but now I will. You think I won't do that with Skylanders, despite my love of the brand? You don't think I will do that, despite probably being the only Skylander fan who will ever have all 256 Swaplander configurations displayed?

Tell ya what, let me get dark for a minute. I swear to God (I am a believer), that if I don't have 4 LC Hex - 2 of which are accounted for leaving me 2 to get, which I will only get via American stores, or Amazon.de/Amazon.it/Amazon.com - by October 13th, I will give up Skylanders altogether, due to the silly headgames. I don't appreciate us Skylanders customers being science experiments - most of all me - for corporate antics and bad comedy. Not only do I swear to God, but I swear on my kids' lives, I will never own Skylanders dating after Giants. May God strike them dead the minute I pick up a copy of Swap Force to take to the register and buy.

I know me as a mere customer can't dent the mighty Acitivsion or the Skylanders brand, but I can retire with the dignity that I respect myself enough to stick to my morals. Think I'm playing? Call my bluff. My 4th wall will remain dedicated to Mega Man and Transformers: War/Fall of Cybertron figures. No one will see a shred of Swap Force game of figure products.

It's not about being emo rebel anti-whatever jibba-jabba you talked, it's about me standing up for myself in what I believe, which is not to reward corporate douchebaggery with my money. Other suckers can feel free, but not this gamer. Microsoft lost my business, and apparently they're already losing lots of other Xbox fanboys to systems like PS4 (don't know why when they may have a form of DRM in place) and Wii U (which does allow for used games, doesn't always have to be online, and games are yours to call your own). What makes you think others won't jump off the Skylanders bandwagon and jump on the Infinity (which is still crap) bandwagon on the principals of knowing when each new toy will be out, while being able to reserve said toy?

Customers are more powerful than you think, my friend. It may seem like we can't dent corporations, but ask Activision. They helped seal Guitar Hero's fate. Customers spoke with their wallets then. Why can't it happen again?

Whether I am a Skylander fan or not, I will die one day. I can't take my Skylanders with me? Why can't I stop when I say I will? I'm potential maggot food from the moment I wake up and walk out of my house, until the moment I fall asleep, and even then, I could die in my sleep. You think ditching Skylanders because of my beliefs that corporations shouldn't be twits about things will make me lose sleep? When you put life itself into perspective, it's just piece of material you can't take to the grave.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:51:44 07/06/2013 by GameMaster78
#80 Posted: 00:48:54 07/06/2013
@defpally sorry i misread because my comment is on top of your smilie sorry again
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:59:08 07/06/2013 by Hexblazer
#81 Posted: 01:00:59 07/06/2013
To clarify something. If I see silly games being played, and gamers here in the US really have no access to LC Hex until October, due to corporations playing games, I will be watching the full playthrough of Swap Force on Youtube.

The way I see it, I have 48 unique Skylanders to play on 7 unique games. That's good enough for me when I think about it. I'd rather have honor in knowing I don't support douchebag actions, rather than reward said actions by buying 17 copies of a game and Swaplanders in order to display 256 combinations, plus buy 3 of each of every other figure. I simply don't have time for games. Others do, apparently, good for them. They can have a cookie.

There is no reason to release the 48th figure 8 days before the game's (Giants) 1 year anniversary. By that time, people will already be playing Swap Force overseas (seeing as they release about a week before the US overseas), and US gamers will be focused on Swap Force, that Giants is already a fading memory. That's borderline pathetic, no matter how you slice it.

Just like Halo 5 and 6, I will gladly watch Swap Force on Youtube, if this is the way Acitivision wants to be when it comes to figures. My kids are looking forward to LC Hex. Disappoint them, and that's no bueno with me. My kids are my world, not Activision. There is no reason to keep kids waiting on a figure they might want, whether it's my kids, or other kids.

Ah, the glory of the internet. You can save money and watch all the stuff on Youtube, if you end up boycotting.
---
#82 Posted: 01:07:21 07/06/2013

Tell ya what, let me get dark for a minute. I swear to God (I am a believer), that if I don't have 4 LC Hex - 2 of which are accounted for leaving me 2 to get, which I will only get via American stores, or Amazon.de/Amazon.it/Amazon.com - by October 13th, I will give up Skylanders altogether, due to the silly headgames. I don't appreciate us Skylanders customers being science experiments - most of all me - for corporate antics and bad comedy. Not only do I swear to God, but I swear on my kids' lives, I will never own Skylanders dating after Giants. May God strike them dead the minute I pick up a copy of Swap Force to take to the register and buy.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Let me get this straight... if you don't get 2 of your 4 LightCore Hexes within the next FIVE MONTHS.... then you're going to give up Skylanders. But, if you get them, then you're going to give Activision enough money to make all 256 Swap Combinations.

OH-EM-GEE, GM78. You're so dark. That showed me.

Quote:
When you put life itself into perspective, it's just piece of material you can't take to the grave.

EXACTLY. That's why it's half funny/half sadly pathetic to see some of the people on here get so bent out of shape because they can't have the plastic toy they want, exactly when they want it, for how much they want it, no questions asked.
#83 Posted: 01:15:13 07/06/2013
Quote: UncleBob

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Let me get this straight... if you don't get 2 of your 4 LightCore Hexes within the next FIVE MONTHS.... then you're going to give up Skylanders. But, if you get them, then you're going to give Activision enough money to make all 256 Swap Combinations.

OH-EM-GEE, GM78. You're so dark. That showed me.

Quote:
When you put life itself into perspective, it's just piece of material you can't take to the grave.

EXACTLY. That's why it's half funny/half sadly pathetic to see some of the people on here get so bent out of shape because they can't have the plastic toy they want, exactly when they want it, for how much they want it, no questions asked.

This is fantastic, I could go into a whole thing about his kids, but that's what he does to everyone else whenever they mention they have them
#84 Posted: 01:30:57 07/06/2013
If you think us ranting on here is anything, you should have seen the people on the Facebook page back when it was hard to get SSA figures. I think one person showed a video of them taking their Skylanders collection and chucking it in the trash, while swearing never to support Skylanders again.

Don't pretend you don't get mad over things that could be seen as trivial. Any human that says they don't, is in extreme denial. We - as humans - do some of the stupidest stuff. That's what makes us human, right? Don't throw stones at a glass house, when I can almost 100% gaurentee you've gone overboard for what others would deem to be silly reasoning.

My point is that I don't support corporation's crazy antics. I know people who will, but I won't. My friend doesn't support Chic-fil-A, for their contributions in support of those who don't support a certain minority. He's not trying to take down a corporation, but he stands for what he believes in.

I didn't buy Skyward Sword on Wii, despite my love of Zelda, until they finally released Xenoblade in North America. The minute at E3 2011, when they said they won't release it here, I was done with Nintendo. I didn't buy a single DS, 3DS, or Wii game, and I was done with them. They released it, and I made good to myself to support them again.

There is no gaurentee that LC Hex will be available outside of Australia within the next few months. For all we know, they could do this same crap in Europe and other territories, thus making it so the only way to get LC Hex, is through contacts within Australia. Remember what I said, the only way I will get my last 2 Hex's, is through online or retail stores here in America, or Amazon.com/it/de. Should they never make them available, I'm done. That isn't to try and dastardly thwart Activision, because that's not happening. However, that's me being honorable to myself, by spending my money on corporations that actually give a spit about their customers.

Holding back the 48th (assuming we actually see S2 Drobot sometime before SSF launches) Skylander until 8 days before the game it's tailored to's 1 year anniversary is sad. Some people are looking forward to that figure. I've heard people say that LC versions of characters is the version they would buy, while leaving the regular or Series 2 versions out of the mix. So, Activision really wants to make them wait until October - MAYBE - just because they want to test something or try and be like Infinity, when they could have given a SSF figure, which would have been much cooler? Nah. I don't see why supporting, let alone play the blind corporate defender who isn't paid, is worth it. I just don't see the logic at all in it.

Life and the world is bad enough, that any corporation making kids toys wants to play games with kids who are looking forward to said figure, while other countries get said figure, thus making those kids happy (basically spitting in the face of some kids), is just another problem to add. Trivial, sure, but you name to me one person on this ancient rock that hasn't ****** and moaned over something stupid, and I will laugh so hard, that - well - I don't have the words, honestly. It would be funny, though.

I just want to see other Skylanders fans get what they deserve, through their investment of this brand. Should each Skylanders fan want all 48 figures in a timely fashion, in my eyes, they deserve it for the money they poured into this, thus helping people at Activision, Toys For Bob, and VV, put food on their tables. Gratitude isn't making people wait the maximum amount of time to finish a collection, especially if the Giants collection is what they're ending at (can't blame them if the US doesn't see LC Hex until anytime after the end of June).
---
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#85 Posted: 01:40:03 07/06/2013
If you think us ranting on here is anything, you should have seen the people on the Facebook page back when it was hard to get SSA figures. I think one person showed a video of them taking their Skylanders collection and chucking it in the trash, while swearing never to support Skylanders again.

Don't pretend you don't get mad over things that could be seen as trivial. Any human that says they don't, is in extreme denial. We - as humans - do some of the stupidest stuff. That's what makes us human, right? Don't throw stones at a glass house, when I can almost 100% gaurentee you've gone overboard for what others would deem to be silly reasoning.

My point is that I don't support corporation's crazy antics. I know people who will, but I won't. My friend doesn't support Chic-fil-A, for their contributions in support of those who don't support a certain minority. He's not trying to take down a corporation, but he stands for what he believes in.

I didn't buy Skyward Sword on Wii, despite my love of Zelda, until they finally released Xenoblade in North America. The minute at E3 2011, when they said they won't release it here, I was done with Nintendo. I didn't buy a single DS, 3DS, or Wii game, and I was done with them. They released it, and I made good to myself to support them again.

There is no gaurentee that LC Hex will be available outside of Australia within the next few months. For all we know, they could do this same crap in Europe and other territories, thus making it so the only way to get LC Hex, is through contacts within Australia. Remember what I said, the only way I will get my last 2 Hex's, is through online or retail stores here in America, or Amazon.com/it/de. Should they never make them available, I'm done. That isn't to try and dastardly thwart Activision, because that's not happening. However, that's me being honorable to myself, by spending my money on corporations that actually give a spit about their customers.

Holding back the 48th (assuming we actually see S2 Drobot sometime before SSF launches) Skylander until 8 days before the game it's tailored to's 1 year anniversary is sad. Some people are looking forward to that figure. I've heard people say that LC versions of characters is the version they would buy, while leaving the regular or Series 2 versions out of the mix. So, Activision really wants to make them wait until October - MAYBE - just because they want to test something or try and be like Infinity, when they could have given a SSF figure, which would have been much cooler? Nah. I don't see why supporting, let alone play the blind corporate defender who isn't paid, is worth it. I just don't see the logic at all in it.

Life and the world is bad enough, that any corporation making kids toys wants to play games with kids who are looking forward to said figure, while other countries get said figure, thus making those kids happy (basically spitting in the face of some kids), is just another problem to add. Trivial, sure, but you name to me one person on this ancient rock that hasn't ****** and moaned over something stupid, and I will laugh so hard, that - well - I don't have the words, honestly. It would be funny, though.

I just want to see other Skylanders fans get what they deserve, through their investment of this brand. Should each Skylanders fan want all 48 figures in a timely fashion, in my eyes, they deserve it for the money they poured into this, thus helping people at Activision, Toys For Bob, and VV, put food on their tables. Gratitude isn't making people wait the maximum amount of time to finish a collection, especially if the Giants collection is what they're ending at (can't blame them if the US doesn't see LC Hex until anytime after the end of June).

Im about to give up to join the club.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#86 Posted: 01:57:31 07/06/2013
What if people are waiting for LC Hex, instead of buying S2 Hex? What about those customers? What if people are waiting for S2 Drobot, instead of LC Drobot? What about those customers?

Not going to wade into the rest of it, but as of this point there are TWO figures for EACH of them that are available right now to play as those characters. Series 1 is readily available for both of them and hasn't been hard to find in over a year. If you are missing out on them in game you simply aren't trying. Sit around and wait for THAT figure, in THAT form if you must, but in the end they aren't holding out on game content - all that is missing is an ornament to fill an empty slot on a shelf.

My collection is substantial. I don't collected packaged, and only have duplicates that were unavoidable - but it is still nice as far as I am concerned. I really want those two, and will buy them when they hit the shelves, even with the lure of getting one of them free for waiting a few months. But in the end, they are just so I can feel my collection is complete. If that wasn't a goal there are probably 25-30 of the new ones I wouldn't have gotten. I don't collect chase variants - because I know I cannot track them all down for anywhere near a decent price, so why bother? The risk is making people feel like that about Series 3/etc.

If Activision makes me feel as if I cannot complete my collection in a reasonable period then next time having a complete collection won't be a goal and I will buy significantly less figures. But, I won't pout, threaten to throw them in the trash and swear off the game for that. I'll just be happy with just the new ones and leave it at that.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#87 Posted: 02:25:38 07/06/2013
At his point i feel that anyone that wants a hex has a hex, prob the same with drobot. Kids that wanted him got him as a lightcore and hex as a series 2 or maybe if not dumb series 1 (see below). It's only ppl that collect the whole line that will want the diffrent variants of the same figure. I doubt every person bought LC chill, reg chill and leg. chill.

I think we will see lc hex sooner then Oct. I think they will run this offer for June then just release her early July. Stores are going have a hard time selling lc hex if she comes out in oct when swapforce is out(to the public that doesn't preorder).
Believe or not ppl didn't buy series 1 figures when giants came out. I've been to stores and heard parents, workers and kids put down series 1's because "they are for the old game and arent for giants". I use to explain to people that they do and that they just lack a special attack and are a different pose. People either go oh or don't believe it. Some people are dumb and activison knows this smilie PPL will rush to preorder to get LC hex and then they will just release her alone.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Europe gets Royal DD as a few character, as they will prob get lc hex before USA.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:27:23 07/06/2013 by SlayerX11
#88 Posted: 02:36:30 07/06/2013
^ just like me i only collected S2 instead of the S1, and collected the LC instead of there S2 pose, BTW SORRY AGAIN DEFPALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY smilie
siowm6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#89 Posted: 03:19:54 07/06/2013

Sorry, but starting out with "Life and the world is bad enough" just sounds trivial from the person who has 4x of everything (including all starter packs etc), when there are people on the site who have a dozen figures tops and are still happy. I for one, only need S2 Drobot and Lc Hex aswell, but am not complaining. My son is understanding that he has 0 Lc Hex, and not the 2/4 Lc Hex you have.

I can understand wanting a figure for your kids. But when you already have 2 of said figure that most of us don't and are complaining about wanting more, it is just sad. I do not feel bad for your wall slots feeling cold when you have 2 of said figure already. If you are that "done" with this, then let me know. We could use a Lc Hex as we still haven't got one here in NY.
#90 Posted: 03:27:10 07/06/2013
So, Hex, you don't have a S2 Hex, because you're waiting on LC Hex, right? So, you're technically at 44/45 Heroics? So, if they don't release LC Hex until October, you're stuck at 44/45 Heroics until October?

I know some who are waiting for Lightcores in place of Series 2, while I know some who want Series 2 instead of Lightcore. Me, personally, I prefer Series 2, because of the Wow Pow. However, my kids - and I know others are out there - are wanting LC Hex, especially my oldest daughter.

I want LC Hex for the sake of being done with the Giants collection, but there are others waiting for her because that's the version they chose to roll with. There is a very real possibility those people waiting, won't get her until 8 days before the 1 year anniversary of Giants release. At that same time, people in Australia will be just a few days away from playing Swap Force, but they had gotten to finish their collections around a week ago.
---
#91 Posted: 03:31:38 07/06/2013

Gotcha. You gotta stand for what you believe in. If your friend feels that his stand is against a company that supports groups that push legislation that approves putting people in jail for their sexual orientation, then great!

If you feel that your stand is against a company that doesn't cater to your needs for little plastic toys, then... ummm... great?
#92 Posted: 03:33:19 07/06/2013
Quote: siowm6

Sorry, but starting out with "Life and the world is bad enough" just sounds trivial from the person who has 4x of everything (including all starter packs etc), when there are people on the site who have a dozen figures tops and are still happy. I for one, only need S2 Drobot and Lc Hex aswell, but am not complaining. My son is understanding that he has 0 Lc Hex, and not the 2/4 Lc Hex you have.

I can understand wanting a figure for your kids. But when you already have 2 of said figure that most of us don't and are complaining about wanting more, it is just sad. I do not feel bad for your wall slots feeling cold when you have 2 of said figure already. If you are that "done" with this, then let me know. We could use a Lc Hex as we still haven't got one here in NY.

And claiming that not having released a third version of the same figure in a timely fashion is "spitting in a kid's face" is ludicrous. I hate this kind of argument - "kids deserve it because OMG world hunger, wars, etc. etc.". There aren't many kids out there that give a crap about this. Most kids are lucky to have one Drobot, let alone having their world crumble because they can't get their third. My son has basically forgotten about it by now. This is a Grown Adults with Skylanders Shrines type of a problem.
#93 Posted: 03:34:36 07/06/2013
Siow, my intentions are for others. I have a couple of these things coming to me soon, thanks to someone on this site helping me.

Like I've said, life isn't all about me. I am thinking about those who have been wanting LC Hex since day 1 - people who have held off on getting S2 Hex, but want an orange based Hex. For their support of the brand, do they deserve to wait this long, if October is the date people in the US can get her - no sooner?

Me comparing life and its problems to Skylanders isn't what I am getting at. Skylanders is trivial compared to that. However, us humans will always have something to criticize. It's one of the perks of being human. We can complain about what we want. We ALL have complained about something that was technically unneeded.

I feel more for those waiting for her. This is about me thinking of what others who want her might be thinking. Some probably don't care, while some probably do and are frustrated by it. It doesn't help the brand when antics like this are pulled, while Disney is making the right moves in terms of figure releases and reservations, while Acti MIGHT not allow Americans to own the final figure of a year old game, until 8 days before release of the next game?

I can understand if people don't want to see the problem with that, but there are people out there that it won't sit well with. Those of us in that category can't do anything about it, but speak out against it with our wallets and just let the property be dust in the wind, as we move on to other games.
---
#94 Posted: 03:36:26 07/06/2013
Actually i have 45 heroics because i borrow my friend S2 smilie just to put it on the portal so i can get her heroic challenge but ya im opposite i like the LC because of there light up effects even though they don't get wow pow i guess thats just me smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:37:39 07/06/2013 by Hexblazer
#95 Posted: 03:39:40 07/06/2013
Nothing wrong with that. People have preferences. Some like LC in place of their normal counterparts, while others might prefer the normal versions.

Personally, if they asked me personally, if I would rather have S2 Drobot, or LC Drobot, I'd select S2 due to the Wow Pow. But, at the same time, some might have said LC Drobot, because they don't care about the Wow Pow, but appreciate the lightup effect and flashbomb.
---
#96 Posted: 03:41:12 07/06/2013
Siow, my intentions are for others. I have a couple of these things coming to me soon, thanks to someone on this site helping me.

Like I've said, life isn't all about me. I am thinking about those who have been wanting LC Hex since day 1 - people who have held off on getting S2 Hex, but want an orange based Hex. For their support of the brand, do they deserve to wait this long, if October is the date people in the US can get her - no sooner?

Me comparing life and its problems to Skylanders isn't what I am getting at. Skylanders is trivial compared to that. However, us humans will always have something to criticize. It's one of the perks of being human. We can complain about what we want. We ALL have complained about something that was technically unneeded.

I feel more for those waiting for her. This is about me thinking of what others who want her might be thinking. Some probably don't care, while some probably do and are frustrated by it. It doesn't help the brand when antics like this are pulled, while Disney is making the right moves in terms of figure releases and reservations, while Acti MIGHT not allow Americans to own the final figure of a year old game, until 8 days before release of the next game?

I can understand if people don't want to see the problem with that, but there are people out there that it won't sit well with. Those of us in that category can't do anything about it, but speak out against it with our wallets and just let the property be dust in the wind, as we move on to other games.

Such a magnanimous gesture, but I really don't want to feel responsible for you giving up your shrine to teach Activision a lesson on our behalf. You've got yours taken care of, so enjoy it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:42:06 07/06/2013 by defpally
#97 Posted: 03:56:15 07/06/2013

OHHHH. Well, in that case, let's make a few changes to your earlier promise....

Tell ya what, let me get dark for a minute. I swear to God (I am a believer), that if everyone who wants a LC Hex doesn't have a reasonable opportunity to purchase one before October 13th, I will give up Skylanders altogether, due to the silly headgames.

There. That seems more inline with your honest-to-goodness true intentions, right?
#98 Posted: 04:05:55 07/06/2013

Such a magnanimous gesture, but I really don't want to feel responsible for you giving up your shrine to teach Activision a lesson on our behalf. You've got yours taken care of, so enjoy it.

Lets not forget that hes ready to hand them roughly $5000 for swap force so can make his display and thats not counting the new core landers, LC, or S3. But UncleBob stated it perfectly eariler:

[User Posted Image]
#99 Posted: 04:11:50 07/06/2013
I'll be busy playing this game which comes out June 14 while waiting for LC smilie and Swap Force

[User Posted Image]
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 04:20:37 07/06/2013 by Hexblazer
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#100 Posted: 04:30:50 07/06/2013
Are you old enough to even be playing that game. You are not old enough to see those kinds of images. Joking x) I want to get that game so bad! It has the saddest plot in any game, and you will cry. Anyways, I find GM's opinion idiotic, but I mean, he does what he wants. If he wants to quit the game JUST because he doesn't get his toy, which makes him sound spoiled/a brat, then let him.
---
words. letters. filler.
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me