Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > LightCore Hex in Canada soon! (At Toys R' Us)
First | Previous | Page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4
LightCore Hex in Canada soon! (At Toys R' Us) [CLOSED]
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#151 Posted: 09:23:32 10/06/2013
Quote: UncleBob
Curious - I see the AU packages have the regular pegs on them... are there any differences between the AU and US packages?

The Aussie package is exactly the same as the US.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#152 Posted: 12:33:40 10/06/2013
Sweet. I'll probably break down and get them from AU if I find a seller who isn't gouging or a trader who wants something I can get them.

Thanks for the info! smilie
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#153 Posted: 15:35:11 10/06/2013
Quote: UncleBob
Hex/Drobot are both pretty weak final characters, but remember all the weeping and gnashing of teeth over how long it took for Ninjini to come out? Anything that isn't a new character is going to be a pretty weak final character, but if they waited this long for a new, unique character, there would have been riots in the street. smilie

Personally, I think the entire "preorder for this free figure" thing is lame anyway. It *should* have been something like an exclusive character (like the GitD Cynder that Walmart had) packed in. But that's just me. The majority of the folks buying the game (mostly uninformed parents) are going to see "Oh, free figure!" and that, alone, is going to be enough to draw them in. From a marketing point of view, it wouldn't much matter if that free figure was a Giants or Swap Force figure... because it was free. smilie

I'm not thrilled with the promotion, but I'm sure not going to lose any sleep over it. I'll probably be first in line for all the new figures because, simply, I enjoy the game and enjoy getting the little toys. If it ever gets to the point where I don't enjoy it, where I'm just sitting around sulking because I feel the world is against me, yadda, yadda... then I'll just go quietly into the night.

The main reason that I'm not thrilled with the promotion is because not all retailers have announced their launch exclusives (like Lesty has been hinting about Target's and I know BestBuy, Walmart and GameStop probably have...something up their sleeves. Hell - TRU still has something left to reveal...) and, frankly, I don't really like pre-ordering at all. That's why I asked in the other thread about the packaging differences - I'm considering getting an AU version myself, if I can score one cheap enough. If not, 'meh. I can't imagine it won't be sold by itself at some point.

Oh, if they did this with Ninjini is would have been worse. However, my suggestion was that they release a Swap Force character as a pre-order bonus for Swap Force. Give them a unique paint job or as you said, slap some GiTD paint on it or something if you want to make it special. Infinity's bonus is basically "choose another character to get for free", it's pretty cool - you get the 3 standard and 1 more of your choice. Now I don't think they have to go that far for Swap Force, but at least give a figure made for the game you are selling and not the previous one you held on to in order to divert attention.

I won't lose sleep over it either, and I will buy the game (and probably the 3DS version as well) because me and my sons like the game a lot. They didn't have to give ANY pre-order bonus to get us to buy it. I'll try to get an overseas Hex, if I can find her for a reasonable price, if not I'll just deal with getting the free one in October. Sucks, but it is what it is. I'll be in line for the new figures, but they can keep the reposes, the variants and the lightcores (except maybe the ones I really like).
First | Previous | Page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me