Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > LightCore Hex in Canada soon! (At Toys R' Us)
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4
LightCore Hex in Canada soon! (At Toys R' Us) [CLOSED]
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#101 Posted: 04:35:00 07/06/2013
Quote: Hexblazer
I'll be busy playing this game which comes out June 14 while waiting for LC smilie and Swap Force

[User Posted Image]

I've heard good things about that game. Like having limited ammo and having to make weapons and such. Reminds me abit of Resident evil in a way.
siowm6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#102 Posted: 05:33:33 07/06/2013
Quote: GameMaster78
Siow, my intentions are for others. I have a couple of these things coming to me soon, thanks to someone on this site helping me.

Like I've said, life isn't all about me. I am thinking about those who have been wanting LC Hex since day 1 - people who have held off on getting S2 Hex, but want an orange based Hex. For their support of the brand, do they deserve to wait this long, if October is the date people in the US can get her - no sooner?

Me comparing life and its problems to Skylanders isn't what I am getting at. Skylanders is trivial compared to that. However, us humans will always have something to criticize. It's one of the perks of being human. We can complain about what we want. We ALL have complained about something that was technically unneeded.

I feel more for those waiting for her. This is about me thinking of what others who want her might be thinking. Some probably don't care, while some probably do and are frustrated by it. It doesn't help the brand when antics like this are pulled, while Disney is making the right moves in terms of figure releases and reservations, while Acti MIGHT not allow Americans to own the final figure of a year old game, until 8 days before release of the next game?

I can understand if people don't want to see the problem with that, but there are people out there that it won't sit well with. Those of us in that category can't do anything about it, but speak out against it with our wallets and just let the property be dust in the wind, as we move on to other games.

Gm, Saying it that way makes it sound much different than before. I apologize if it sounded like I attacked you, as that was not the intent. It was meant more along the lines of I cant see a delayed release that still is not confirmed to be the only way of obtaining LC Hex as a show stopper for you and your collection. But as the way you restated your point it brings a new way of looking at it for me.

@ depfally, Yes myself and my son have 2 versions of Hex already, and are not dying for a third. But it is a father son activity (the hunt), that we enjoy together. And while you may think it is driven by me and not by my 8 year old son, you are mistaken. I said no to S:SA in the beginning, and after caving in, said we were done after that. Through my sons drive we have continued. I am fortunate in the fact that I have been able to fund my sons drive, but can say that it is because of him that I have continued. I Have gained alot of enjoyment through collecting Skylanders with my son. But if he lost interest I am sure we would have moved on to his next interest already.
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#103 Posted: 11:52:15 07/06/2013
Who lives in Canada? Cuz I really want to be sure... Exemple, If I go to Montréal, there is a Toys ur us! So I go in this shop, preorder the SSF for 10$ and they give me a free SSF poster and a Lightcore Hex! Right??? PLZ anwser!
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#104 Posted: 12:25:51 07/06/2013
Quote: siowm6
@ depfally, Yes myself and my son have 2 versions of Hex already, and are not dying for a third. But it is a father son activity (the hunt), that we enjoy together. And while you may think it is driven by me and not by my 8 year old son, you are mistaken. I said no to S:SA in the beginning, and after caving in, said we were done after that. Through my sons drive we have continued. I am fortunate in the fact that I have been able to fund my sons drive, but can say that it is because of him that I have continued. I Have gained alot of enjoyment through collecting Skylanders with my son. But if he lost interest I am sure we would have moved on to his next interest already.

And likewise, collecting is something for me and my two sons, one 9 and one 4. They love the game and the collecting, but while my 9 year old still wants them and has the poster in his room - it isn't a huge priority. He doesn't ask me about them all the time like he used to before some of the newlanders ones came out. If they don't come out soon then it isn't going to crush him, nor is it going to be like Activision is spitting in his face (as GM said). He never even plays Drobot or Hex normally, and having a third one isn't going to change that.
#105 Posted: 12:27:16 07/06/2013
Quote: LloydDXZX
Who lives in Canada? Cuz I really want to be sure... Exemple, If I go to Montréal, there is a Toys ur us! So I go in this shop, preorder the SSF for 10$ and they give me a free SSF poster and a Lightcore Hex! Right??? PLZ anwser!

Please read above, your question is answered in this thread several times and on the image of the Pre-order sheet. Don't be lazy, this thread isn't that long.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#106 Posted: 14:27:38 07/06/2013
So, I guess the Toys R Us/Best Buy/Target/Walmart confirms it, LC Hex won't be available in the US until 10/13/2013? All places show her as preorderable with a release date of 10/13?
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#107 Posted: 14:55:22 07/06/2013
Will she be released alone then even? I myself want two LC hex and then I need 3 more for family. I really don't want to preorder 5 copies of the game.
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#108 Posted: 15:09:50 07/06/2013
Maybe they'll release the other triple packs with the LC smilie in October since no news yet about the them. The triple pack (Hex, Slam Bam, Shroomboom) and triple pack (Hot Dog, Spyro, Bash)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:18:35 07/06/2013 by Hexblazer
lesty Yellow Sparx Gems: 1239
#109 Posted: 15:45:45 07/06/2013
So, I guess the Toys R Us/Best Buy/Target/Walmart confirms it, LC Hex won't be available in the US until 10/13/2013? All places show her as preorderable with a release date of 10/13?

I confirmed the character won't be FREE until Swap Force is released, which is surprising and disappointing. I assumed it would be an immediate bonus, especially since getting a free "series 2" character on the day that so many new series 3 characters come out makes no sense at all, from a marketing perspective. At least give them a new Series 3 character, even if it's a reposed character from previous incarnations of Skylanders and not a Swap Force character.
No idea if/when she'll be released separately.
#110 Posted: 15:47:28 07/06/2013
Both Best Buy and Amazon have text to indicate she will not come out until then. They say something about "never before released Lightcore Hex". Oh well, looks like might go through with it. I think my mind is getting pretty made up about just doing the newlanders and swappers for Swap Force. No use in trying to collect them all if by the time you can do so they have even more out.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:51:28 07/06/2013 by defpally
#111 Posted: 16:01:57 07/06/2013
One bright spot, is that as mentioned earlier, each retailer will have an additional bonus (like the free poster at Toys R US) that will make you want to be selective in where you buy her.
Target's bonus is very cool, collectible and....interactive, and their reservation cards are only $1, so that's where I'll be getting mine.
Lash Blue Sparx Gems: 820
#112 Posted: 16:18:15 07/06/2013
Quote: lesty
One bright spot, is that as mentioned earlier, each retailer will have an additional bonus (like the free poster at Toys R US) that will make you want to be selective in where you buy her.
Target's bonus is very cool, collectible and....interactive, and their reservation cards are only $1, so that's where I'll be getting mine.

When? I see it listed on the website but is it in the store yet? It gives me an error when i try to check. If not, when?
---
Lashie on Lost Islands.
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#113 Posted: 17:12:54 07/06/2013
Quote: Amazon
Pre-order Skylanders Swap Force and get the never before released Lightcore Hex. We will email you a promotional code to get Lightcore Hex for free from Amazon.com within 1 business day after your order ships. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Limited to one per customer order. This is a limited time offer, and a limited number of promotional codes are available.

Basically after reading this and looking over toys r us.com and several other places, it seems LC Hex is going to be released in october?! for the US? That's a bit of bull in trying to drag this out longer than they should for giants stuff. I hope she'll be released aside of this where she can be bought way before. I'm not dropping 75 bucks on the game to get her as it seems they aren't doing any real variations per store aside that.

Maybe they'll release the other triple packs with the LC smilie in October since no news yet about the them. The triple pack (Hex, Slam Bam, Shroomboom) and triple pack (Hot Dog, Spyro, Bash)

I really hope that doesn't happen as if it did like how volcanic eruptor is in the 3ds box for swap force, that those ones are probably not seeing an s3 repose and i was hoping to get someone the hd,spyro,bash triple.

Out of speculation I think the reason why australia has this stuff first and we get through the hoops now because since they are prolonging things that most of us have found ways to import and by pass their scheme. As in they know in most cases most can't import from there unless paying a pretty high price so until the other normal areas can get in LC Hex, we'd be boned to get the preorder in whichever retailer we wish to get her. I've got a feeling they're expecting some major losses with swap force from lack of giant sales in the US due to how they have handled shipments.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:43:19 07/06/2013 by tigerdr
#114 Posted: 21:21:45 07/06/2013
Quote: lesty

Tried today in toysrus to order, they didn't have slips yet for the preorder so they couldn't do anything. Target had nothing yet either, any clue when target will be showing this off here in the state? I'd like to see what the "extra item" is at each store.
Landersky Blue Sparx Gems: 619
#115 Posted: 22:47:33 07/06/2013
So does anyone know any other store bonuses besides tru
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#116 Posted: 23:00:08 07/06/2013

Sure, I could say that I will most likely end up ordering them from Amazon.de or Amazon.it when they become available there, but that's not the point. The point that's ******* me off, is the fact there are those here in NA that don't have those options available to them, thus they are screwed because Activision wants to play retarded games with the Skylanders fanbase. It's like in their silly experiments, we're the labrats. Don't Skylanders fans deserve better than that, or could they care less, while the corporate kissbutts defend them while not getting paid?

This is how again I feel swap force is their swan song and finale simply because there's been too many mind games involved and how much everyone has spent on the figures. I really don't think they've made more of that fortune that they had made previously because I can wager that many shelves are still loaded with the same figures in the US while other countries already got past those non selling waves and can show off the final figures. Sure they'll dangle the LC Hex carrot in front of you for a low cost of 75 bucks + tax to get you to buy swap force but how many will really take the bait? If you don't have any type of connection outside of the US like the other amazons or those in other countries you are stuck dealing with this pre order to secure LC hex.

You speak with your wallets on this and at most I don't justify the game being 75 bucks anymore let alone for the fact on how many figures they release for it. I really do hope they see a downward spiral right after release where no one is paying the full price for the game. You'll get some sure but most I feel will take to the forums here and get the consensus to not buy until the price is reasonable (black friday held all versions for 39.99 at walmart for example and target had a few weeks prior to easter the very same sale). So there's good reason to believe that it's very possible for a repeat this year with this game to get it cheaper and even more sales for figures.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
#117 Posted: 23:31:30 07/06/2013
Quote: Landersky
So does anyone know any other store bonuses besides tru

I'm not certain when the Target promotion starts (For sure in mid-to-late June, but if other retailers are running it earlier, than I assume all retailers will be on board with preorders at the same time).
As I said earlier, the Target hook for the pre-order of swapforce is the reservation card itself. I can't say anything more, but you can imagine some possibilities if the card that you buy for $1 when you reserve the game is "interactive" and "collectible".
#118 Posted: 23:39:10 07/06/2013
Quote: defpally

Please read above, your question is answered in this thread several times and on the image of the Pre-order sheet. Don't be lazy, this thread isn't that long.

Thanks for your support... you're not helping you know? Plz someone tell me
---
#119 Posted: 23:55:59 07/06/2013

Thanks for your support... you're not helping you know? Plz someone tell me

You have been helped, you were directed to where the answer is to your question. Do you expect us to serve it to you on a silver platter? Put in at least some effort. Everyone else did that knows. Having a thread filled with people answering the same questions over and over and over for people too lazy to click on a previous pages and read just fills the forum with crap.
dman08 Blue Sparx Gems: 569
#120 Posted: 03:26:09 08/06/2013
Just bought LC Hex off EBay from Australia. $29. I will then be done = don't have to wait until October = no more stress = no more wasting my time = no more wasting gas and driving around = I made a great decision. Not buying SwapForce - cannot do this again for another year! Two years of my life is enough!
#121 Posted: 10:38:37 08/06/2013
ok ty for ''help'' I'm gonna call TRU
---
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#122 Posted: 11:53:05 08/06/2013 | Topic Creator
ok ty for ''help'' I'm gonna call TRU

You get the figure when you pick up the game.

Meaning in October.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#123 Posted: 13:11:20 08/06/2013
I'd rather not.

Someone in Australia might send me her for $14.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
dman08 Blue Sparx Gems: 569
#124 Posted: 14:22:56 08/06/2013
Quote: Matteomax
I'd rather not.

Someone in Australia might send me her for $14.

That's what I did! $14 for the figure and $14 to ship. Worth it so I don't have to wait until October.
#125 Posted: 16:22:00 08/06/2013
Someone in Australia was kind enough to help me get 2 LC Hex, 2 S2 Drobot and Triple Packs 8 and 9. Another person in Australia was kind enough to help me get another 2 LC Hex, so once I receive all of that, I am done with Giants, and it will be time to save for Swap Force.
---
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#126 Posted: 16:29:58 08/06/2013
Oh, GM - you got yours. Now on to buying 17 of each starter pack.

lolz at the "I care about other people getting their figures!"
NinjaHarley Yellow Sparx Gems: 1346
#127 Posted: 04:07:41 09/06/2013
Quote: UncleBob

Actually He's quitting Skylanders remember he said if LC Hex wasn't out before swap force he quit, it was just on the last page. Or did that change now?
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#128 Posted: 06:06:51 09/06/2013
I already decided long ago I'm opting out of Swap Force. It's because of all the games they play with the releases.

For example, from the very first level, played back in October, I've been interested in Ninjini, since I first saw her in the flashback in the video that plays after the first level. She looked cool. She wasn't available around here (in Canada) until mid-March. Along the way I found out about Scarlet Ninjini, and found I preferred her colour scheme, that I liked her even better. Had to pre-order her beginning of March, only got her end of March, only available in stores a few weeks ago.

I would have LOVED to explore the game, play Chapters for the first time, with either of them. But I was denied that opportunity. I finished the game months ago, finished the game over Christmas with my nephews. Got 100% a few weeks later. Meaning there are several characters I never had a chance experiencing new content with, characters who weren't even out. This includes (but isn't limited to) Ninjini, Scarlet Ninjini, Thumpback, Eye Brawl, Jade Flashwing, LLC Chill, etc. etc. etc. And of course LC Hex and S2 Drobot.

It's kind of a downer to get new figures and only being able to play the same old content with them.

And before anybody goes the "stop whining" route, the "You're so selfish" route, THIS TIME I want to clarify up front: I'm talking about ALL PEOPLE, and using my own experience as an example, to help make the point I'm trying to make. I'm not being self involved, or greedy, or any of that other warped thinking the naysayers like to use to dismiss valid opinions, valid viewpoints.

And I also want to head off the "Words, only words" argument. No, I won't be getting Swap Force. Seriously. I haven't even looked into previews or early information or anything. From reading on here - and from the name - I know some characters in Swap Force can swap body parts. That's it. I don't know characters, I don't know names, I know nothing, really. I don't need to, I won't be getting it. As it is I've only bought a small number of Giants characters (as has been pointed out, without an achievable finish line - something assured by the complete unavailability of certain variants like Gold Flocked Prism Break - I've felt no need to "Get Them All". And I have quite a collector personality). I've avoided as much as possible getting S2 figures of characters I already have in S1.

Activision is playing games with the releases instead of letting us have whichever characters we're interested in at the start. Yes, I know why, it's to keep interest up year-round. But instead what they achieved was jerking around the fans, p***ing us off unnecessarily, driving many away (including myself). Why is this so hard to believe? People will only put up with garbage for so long. The desire to keep interest up all year long isn't sufficient, it's not enough reason to not allow people to get certain characters for months.

Oh, and I find it HIGHLY unlikely that LC Hex won't be released otherwise. Firstly, releasing a character for the old game right when all old game characters are being taken off the shelves? Nope. When Giants came out, I actually hadn't realized the release date had arrived, and stopped by TRU to hunt figures. It looked like NOT A SINGLE SOLITARY figure from SSA was on any peg, everything was Giants. I'm sure it will be the same this time around, too.

"Never before available" means, to me, not before available at the time of the flyer/promotion. Nice sneaky way to get around lying. And it's a lie anyway, she's out in Australia. I think we'll see her released, probably in July.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
#129 Posted: 06:08:47 09/06/2013
No, it was if he, personally, wasn't able to get his four LC Hex figures before October 13th, then he wouldn't touch Swap Force or his kids could die or something.
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#130 Posted: 07:23:43 09/06/2013
No, that's just the way he put it. As far as I'm concerned, he made it clear, he meant he would not be buying Swap Force if LC Hex didn't become available - to EVERYONE - to buy. He was just making it clear how he'd be monitoring the situation, that he was looking to buy his other two desired LC Hexes.

Stop trying to poke holes in people's convictions. It lacks class.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
#131 Posted: 08:09:42 09/06/2013
Quote: NinjaHarley

Actually He's quitting Skylanders remember he said if LC Hex wasn't out before swap force he quit, it was just on the last page. Or did that change now?

Read it again, my friend.

"I swear to God (I am a believer), that if I don't have 4 LC Hex - 2 of which are accounted for leaving me 2 to get, which I will only get via American stores, or Amazon.de/Amazon.it/Amazon.com - by October 13th, I will give up Skylanders altogether, due to the silly headgames."

Well, after my statement, fortune came my way. Someone else, on top of the board member here helping me get 2, nabbed me a couple of LC Hex at cost.

My 4 are accounted for. I can't say the same about 2 more S2 Drobots so far, though, but I don't think they will hold back on wave 5 singles, like they are LC Hex.

I still think it sucks for those American Skylanders fans who can't get them until October, due to not knowing of their release in Australia, or not having the means of ordering from there, though.
---
#132 Posted: 14:03:54 09/06/2013
So basically what Unclebob says is accurate, you got yours, so now off to give Activision several thousand dollars. Honestly, if you were even a percent as upset as you say you were "for the kids" you might tone that down to oh, only one of each Starter Pack instead of 17. So much for the "my collection doesn't control me". Your collection obviously overrules your moral compass, either that or you were simply full of it on your "outrage".

I'm annoyed too at their release antics, but I'm not throwing around threats "to quit Skylanders" as if TFB is going to call an All Hands Meeting to circle the wagons and solve this GameMaster crisis.

You know, you are a decent guy, GM, at least as far as I can tell - if you would drop the bluster and the antics.
#133 Posted: 15:36:00 09/06/2013
I'm human. I get upset. That's my right. Others here just like to take my frustration further than I am already taking it. I guess that's the nature of internet forums.

As long as my kids get their LC Hex before October, I am happy. I only want her for the sake of completing my collection. Of course, I will level her up and get her ready for Swap Force, but my kids are really looking forward to her.

It does still upset me that others here in the US very well may have to wait until October to have her. It is a silly headgame if you ask me.

However, at my stage in life, I really don't care what I say. I'm trying to be a good person, but I'm more of a walking timebomb, really. I haven't seen a human alive - and I know no one here can say they haven't - who hasn't gotten frustrated at small things, probably due to other problems surrounding them.

When you feel you lost the most important things in life, and it's beyond your control, you really don't give a crap what you say and sometimes what you do. Well, at least I don't. Anything can push my buttons easily right now. Hearing about LC Hex's status here in NA just pushed more of my buttons, because I know of people who don't even want Swap Force, but they're basically forced to buy the game if they want her. That's what the preorder receipt says at TRU. Scan the game, scan the figure, scan the GWP Coupon code on the bottom right-hand side of the preorder slip to get her for free.

Is that not low?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:36:29 09/06/2013 by GameMaster78
#134 Posted: 16:08:11 09/06/2013
I understand why actvision does it this way. To keep it going year round, but i agree, if you bought the game in OCt you prob have played it dozens of times and are sick of it by now. I feel even worse for the people just joining the game in the last few weeks, trying to find stuff thats long gone like bash etc (unless they want a triple pack). I think with swap force they need to bring back adventure packs or find some way to let content be downloaded to add levels after release. Id say internet would be the easiest way but idk when they are going allow skylanders online as its geared to kids, maybe have an adventure pack contain a small cd or something that loads content, smilie Idk the answer.
#135 Posted: 00:24:16 10/06/2013
GM, you know, I get saying something rash, without thinking. So it's cool.

I think it is ok to be upset at this development. I think it is ok to say they aren't really thinking of the fans/kids on this one. It's ok to even scale back (even completely) because of this, this changes the whole dynamic of Skylander collecting. And it is ok to think they will regret it (I think they will in the long run). And it is definitely ok to say you want them to come out because you want to finish your own collection.

A lot of people here (including me) really appreciate your contributions. Just tone it down on the dire predictions of things never coming out and threats of swearing off the game. You don't need to do that to make your point strongly.
#136 Posted: 01:43:28 10/06/2013
A lot of people here (including me) really appreciate your contributions. Just tone it down on the dire predictions of things never coming out and threats of swearing off the game. You don't need to do that to make your point strongly.

This. So much this. If we had a "Like!" Button, I'd hit it.

Heck...
[User Posted Image]

As they say, "Save the drama for yo mamma."
#137 Posted: 03:31:47 10/06/2013
Well, I know it's coming out, we all do.

Just can't believe they're going to make people who don't see importing as an option, wait for the figure until October. Not only that, but if the figure isn't released at retail, how do people ending their Skylanders run, finish their collections, without buying Swap Force, but at retail price?
---
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#138 Posted: 03:38:40 10/06/2013
Buy them from Australian eBay sellers I know I did and they are being sent here in a box. LC Hex and Drobot 2 are on the way. So happy I am done now...
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
#139 Posted: 03:42:38 10/06/2013
Curious - I see the AU packages have the regular pegs on them... are there any differences between the AU and US packages?
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#140 Posted: 03:46:39 10/06/2013
I am not an expert but I think they are the same as ours. The ones I got from Germany and Italy have the double peg cut outs and languages on the packages. We will soon find out..
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
#141 Posted: 03:51:59 10/06/2013
^ i just check ebay, theres few LC smilie for sale but to expensive for me specially shipping
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#142 Posted: 04:52:32 10/06/2013

Just can't believe they're going to make people who don't see importing as an option, wait for the figure until October. Not only that, but if the figure isn't released at retail, how do people ending their Skylanders run, finish their collections, without buying Swap Force, but at retail price?

It's basically slapping people like me who spend money on their stuff. Makes me think twice about doing it a third time. The last 4-5 have all put pressure on US buyers to look elsewhere for their stuff---I mean c'mon---a 4 month delay for US gamers? Slap city...
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:53:19 10/06/2013 by GhostRoaster
#143 Posted: 05:40:35 10/06/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster
It's basically slapping people like me who spend money on their stuff. Makes me think twice about doing it a third time. The last 4-5 have all put pressure on US buyers to look elsewhere for their stuff---I mean c'mon---a 4 month delay for US gamers? Slap city...

Pretty much my thoughts. They are telling me that collecting them all is an exercise in frustration. Infinity must have them really spooked to drag out the end of Giants this way. I could easily see them making this a pre-order bonus (honestly, a Swap Force figure seems like a much better bonus) - but they are heavily advertising that she is "never before released". They may go through with putting her out now, but I doubt it. They have made their play. And the average player would be happy to get her, but it's the collectors that really want her. Therefore, this move is a clear move to try and lock in the collectors for the next game. It's underhanded, and I think they will generate quite a bit of resentment from it.
#144 Posted: 05:47:55 10/06/2013

Its not only U.S, Canada too.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:52:14 10/06/2013 by Hexblazer
#145 Posted: 05:48:53 10/06/2013

Pretty much my thoughts. They are telling me that collecting them all is an exercise in frustration. Infinity must have them really spooked to drag out the end of Giants this way. I could easily see them making this a pre-order bonus (honestly, a Swap Force figure seems like a much better bonus) - but they are heavily advertising that she is "never before released". They may go through with putting her out now, but I doubt it. They have made their play. And the average player would be happy to get her, but it's the collectors that really want her. Therefore, this move is a clear move to try and lock in the collectors for the next game. It's underhanded, and I think they will generate quite a bit of resentment from it.

I agree. It's not "really" a bonus...an in game variant that plays just like the S2 Hex isn't really what someone wants from Swap Force...I'll buy it for a higher price on eBay before they make me buy Swap Force to get it. Yep, I'm kinda resenting this move at the moment...

Its not only U.S, Canada too

Misery loves company...welcome smilie
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:49:44 10/06/2013 by GhostRoaster
#146 Posted: 05:57:03 10/06/2013
The thing that I think a lot of you are forgetting... Skylanders isn't *really* made for us collectors.

I'd really, really love to see some kind of numbers of how many figures the average person has for their game.

Sure, Activision advertises "Collect them all!"... but let's be honest - the game is aimed at children and children don't control the purse strings. The parents do. And unless you have parents who have deep enough pockets, you'll probably going to get one of each element and a handful of others...

We collectors want the third version of Hex, Drobot and Whirlwind - but the vast, vast majority of those who play Skylanders probably don't much care.
#147 Posted: 06:01:54 10/06/2013
The thing that I think a lot of you are forgetting... Skylanders isn't *really* made for us collectors.

I'd really, really love to see some kind of numbers of how many figures the average person has for their game.

Sure, Activision advertises "Collect them all!"... but let's be honest - the game is aimed at children and children don't control the purse strings. The parents do. And unless you have parents who have deep enough pockets, you'll probably going to get one of each element and a handful of others...

We collectors want the third version of Hex, Drobot and Whirlwind - but the vast, vast majority of those who play Skylanders probably don't much care.

Thanks for the reality check. Now let's just have all of the collectors dump the game and show our appreciation...I'm sure that won't matter since we're the vocal minority.
---
#148 Posted: 06:23:31 10/06/2013
I completely agree Unclebob, the average player will not have anywhere close to all of them, nor be in a position where they just have her left to get. Doesn't make it sting less though.

But, then again, is a third version of Hex, an original SSA figure, really going to be the type of carrot that makes the average player turn away from Infinity. Not really, in fact I was thinking before all this what an anti-climatic final character yet another version of Hex was. Her lure is mainly for those that want them all. By now, the average gamer has Hex if they really care about her.

I'll reiterate though, I will be getting Swap Force, as well as the newlanders. What this does is tell me even attempting to get them all is futile, so why bother? No doubt they will probably try it again next game. So as a result, my desire to collect reposes and lightcores for Swap Force is drastically reduced, and no doubt others will look at it the same. We will be looking at fourth, fifth and maybe even a sixth version of some characters. This does nothing but reduce the incentive to even bother with them (and if I'm not collecting, why worry about variants either?).

A free Swap Force character would be a much superior incentive. It gets the average player excited. It gets the collectors excited. And it is much more in line with the pre-order bonus for Infinity.
#149 Posted: 06:45:30 10/06/2013
Hex/Drobot are both pretty weak final characters, but remember all the weeping and gnashing of teeth over how long it took for Ninjini to come out? Anything that isn't a new character is going to be a pretty weak final character, but if they waited this long for a new, unique character, there would have been riots in the street. smilie

Personally, I think the entire "preorder for this free figure" thing is lame anyway. It *should* have been something like an exclusive character (like the GitD Cynder that Walmart had) packed in. But that's just me. The majority of the folks buying the game (mostly uninformed parents) are going to see "Oh, free figure!" and that, alone, is going to be enough to draw them in. From a marketing point of view, it wouldn't much matter if that free figure was a Giants or Swap Force figure... because it was free. smilie

I'm not thrilled with the promotion, but I'm sure not going to lose any sleep over it. I'll probably be first in line for all the new figures because, simply, I enjoy the game and enjoy getting the little toys. If it ever gets to the point where I don't enjoy it, where I'm just sitting around sulking because I feel the world is against me, yadda, yadda... then I'll just go quietly into the night.

The main reason that I'm not thrilled with the promotion is because not all retailers have announced their launch exclusives (like Lesty has been hinting about Target's and I know BestBuy, Walmart and GameStop probably have...something up their sleeves. Hell - TRU still has something left to reveal...) and, frankly, I don't really like pre-ordering at all. That's why I asked in the other thread about the packaging differences - I'm considering getting an AU version myself, if I can score one cheap enough. If not, 'meh. I can't imagine it won't be sold by itself at some point.
Shroomy_Boomy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1143
#150 Posted: 08:51:18 10/06/2013
Quote: SlayerX11
I'll be busy playing this game which comes out June 14 while waiting for LC smilie and Swap Force

[User Posted Image]

I've heard good things about that game. Like having limited ammo and having to make weapons and such. Reminds me abit of Resident evil in a way.

YES!! I will also be playing this game soon when it comes out (4 more days, right?) The limited ammo and stuff reminds me of Dead Island and RE in a way as well... should be a good one!! smilie

The way Giants is holding off on these last 2 figures is starting to irk me since it seems they're intentionally stringing people along, which solidifies my decision to end with this franchise after Giants, seems they're just toying with us now (no pun intended) and I don't need that! lol To each their own! smilie
---
67/67+GITD:smiliesmiliesmilieAEsmilie ROCKsmilie&smilieGLITTERsmilie&smilieSNOWsmilie

37/37+All Sidekix~WERDS~Blusmilie~Flockedsmilie~GITDsmilie~GREENsmilie~CLEARsmilie~CHROMEsmilie
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me